All Connectmisrepresentation of authority

I was tricked into believing I was speaking to a representative of the utility companies. The very nice man promised to transfer my utilities at the same rate with one call. NEVER WAS I TOLD THIS IS A SEPARATE BUSINESS WHICH REPRESENTS A FEE-FOR-HIRE!!! They told me my cable would require a $120.00 connect fee which I could not get around. I immediately cancelled and just went down to the Cox store which informed me they had NEVER HEARD THIS COMPANY! I was only charged $30.00 to plug in my own box as opposed to the $120.00. Allconnect tried to gouge me for. Now, I am really upset because I just gave a stranger all my personal info including social security, driver's license numbers as well as address, phone numbers and date of birth. They even got my 15-year-old daughter's phone number. I thought I was speaking with a member of the utility company. I am horrified over some stranger getting all this information. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW FORCING THEM TO DISCLOSE IN THE BEGINNING THEY ARE SIMPLY A THIRD PARTY AND NOT CONNECTED WITH THE POWER COMPANY!