Alaska AirlinesBad service

During a full flight from Denver, CO to Seattle, WA, I was seated near the rear of the plane. I dont know if it is Alaska Airlines policy to place all small children and babies at the rear of the plane but on this particular flight that seemed to be the policy.

For approximately three hours (boarding, flight and arrival time), all passengers unfortunate enough to be seated at the rear were subjected to non-stop, squealing, crying, laugh, yelling and fighting of multiple youngsters.

Due to the full flight, one family was separated and the father sat next to me. There was one row of passengers between us and his family so I know he was well aware of the situation. To my amazement and horror, he ignored the misery his offspring were creating behind us and treated himself to a beer during the flight. I considered also purchasing an adult beverage and then decided it would do nothing to deaden the noise or duration of this flight.

After about two hours of no-stop irritation, another passenger approached the parent seated next to me during the flight, explained he also had children and understands how children are and then very firmly made his extreme displeasure known. The father briefly went back to his family and then returned to his seat next to mine. The noise volume continued.

A short time later, I listened to one of the flight attendants offer free drinks to the passengers seated in the row behind me. Whatever her goal was, I think she should have offered some sort of item to everyone at the rear of the plane such as a box lunch, flight coupon, free upgrade, adult beverages, etc.

I have a great deal of patience with people, especially children, but this experience was just plain overboard and offered my displeasure to one of the flight attendants as I exited the plane. I realize the airlines cannot ban babies and children but just as there is a first class cabin, why not offer a family cabin?

• Pu
    Pumpuiyai Jul 16, 2021

TRIP FROM HELL!
    Flight 1242 boarded on time. After the doors were closed, the pilot announced we would be delayed for 1 hour due to fog in SEA. After 20 minutes, pilot announces Seattle will hold our connecting flights, so don't worry. In 4 more minutes we took off (take-off delayed total of 24 minutes. Arrived SEA at 11:03 (total delay of 27 minutes). Pilot urges passenger to let a few passenger with an international connection to deplane first.
    Deplane and run to my gate (flight 2096) arriving at 11:19am. Boarding gate is closed. No boarding agent in sight. Head to customer service desk. 2-hour wait to see customer service agent, because of a long line due to people on the same flight missing their connection. Alaska DID NOT HOLD THE FLIGHTS! Why did the pilot lie or was he just misinformed??

Agent says no more flights scheduled to ALW that day. I ask about flight 2086 at 10:52pm. Agent can't find 2086. I suggest she use the flight number. Agent finds and books me on 2086. After leaving customer service desk, I notice I am booked as "standby." I return to service desk and inquire. Another agent overhears and shows agent how to book. I get confirmed flight and seat assignment.
    Assigned to flight 2086 leaving at 11:55pm. Told 1 checked bag made the 2096 flight and 1 bag was in baggage processing downstairs. I questioned the agent and was assured the 1 bag did indeed make the flight (they lied).
    Proceeded to baggage claim to retrieve my 1 bag that didn't make the 2096 flight because baggage wouldn't answer their phone when the service desk called. Took 1 hour to talk to an agent and then 2 more hours for the staff to find my bag. (bag was originally carry-on but had to be checked because of "no overhead storage on flight 1242).

Wait 12 hours in airport for flight 2086. At 10:52pm boarding time announcement flight is delayed. At 11:55pm departure time announced flight is cancelled due to mechanical difficulty.

Back to customer service desk wait 1 hour to see agent. many passengers that tried to use gate agent joined us because it soon became obvious gate agents didn't know their job. I am informed that the earliest available flight is 2086 leaving on July 15th!

Another passenger suggest we book a flight to PSC (Tro-cities) instead of ALW and drive to ALW from there. She has a brother who can drive us. Four of us agree and have agents book us on flight 2102 leaving 7:55am on July 14. Also, we are booked into the Holiday Inn for overnight.

At 6:00 am I wake-up and realize the alarm didn't work. I run down stairs at the hotel and arrange a cab to the airport. Tell the cab driver to hurry. I arrive at 6:30am. I talk to n Alaska customer agent to see if she can take to to the check-in desk front of line because I have such a short time. She refuses to help me stating they are not allowed to let people skip the (Alaska check-in) line for any reason. I manage to get the attention of a TSA agent. He helps me skip the TSA line in return for signing up for a trial CLEAR membership. I get to the boarding gate 2 minutes before boarding and successfully arrive at PSC after which time the aforementioned passenger has her brother drive us to ALW.

Go to ALW to retrieve my suitcase that supposedly made the original flight 2096 on July 13. Agent says bag isn't there. Had agent trace bag. Bag is still in Seattle - original agent in Seattle apparently lied to me, because this agent can see the bag DID NOT MAKE THE 2096 flight. Furthermore, I noticed Seattle baggage did not pick-up this agents first 3 calls and when she used a different number, they hung up on her. Eventually she got through and managed to get my bag sent to ALW where I picked it up.

1. Promised to have connecting flights delayed. - did not
    2. Actually arrived before original 2096 left, but because of 30 minute had to wait 12 hours.
    3. Agents after original 2096 flight didn't know how to do the booking so I had to repeat it.
    4. Agents LIED about the bag going to ALW.
    5. Gate agents totally incompetent after flight 2086 cancelled resulting is longer service desk times.
    6. Agent refused to help when I was late for flight 2102.
    7. Seattle baggage refused to help customer service agents at SEA and ALW.

They need to do some serious training and house cle.aning
    When I was waiting to retrieve my bag in Seattle, I overheard the baggage agents telling each other to just ignore the calls from customer service. The baggage agents also had a VERY BAD ATTITUDE towards customers.