Complaints & Reviews

money not refunded

I had applied for a new airtel broadband connection in august. The executive came to my place, filled up the form, took 500/- and told me that the connection will be given in 2 days. after that I didn't get any response. after some days, he said that connection cannotbe provided in your area. he is not refunding the amount also. kindly take suitable action against him and mail me your response on [protected]@gmail.com .
Excutive's name:Sandeep, phone :[protected]

sim registration failed

I am using airtel prepaid mobile connection for the past 4 years on no.: [protected] sim no. [protected] a 32k sim, last month I visited their 2nd lane beach office at Chennai for 64k sim upgrade, first their customer care executive behaved horribly then on protest they provided me a new sim bearing no.: [protected] 0 and assured that it ll get activated in 7 days, but it did not. Hence I made a complaint again for which they apologized saying they missed a digit in registration - and corrected it. The next day my old sim got deactivated and the new one is yet to get activated for the past three days, I spoke to their higher official and zapped to know that my number has been allotted to someone else they are asking me to take new connection.

outgoing call not functioning

Dear Sir, My mobil number is [protected] of Airtel Service. From yesterday (ie 01 Dec 2010) onwards outgoing calls not functiong. In this regards today (02 Dec 2010) I submitted my application to Airtel office, Arcot Road, Kodambakkam, Chaennai - 24. My Application form number is 1597359. Please activate my mobile number [protected] immediately.
With thanks,
Yours faithfully,
C Kannan

• Ai
    AITEL LEARN NEXT CANCELLATION Feb 20, 2011

my Airtel landline no is.044-45096350. I have got free subcribed for the LEARN NEXT IX, for 15 days but v r not used because it was not in my daughters syllabus so v need not want any more, but in the billing LEARN
    NEXT was automatically subscribed and every month i got excess amount of bill. so please CANCELL THE LEARN NEXT SUBSCRIPTION IMMEDLY.
    by
    A.YASMINE SHUKOOR

• Ra
    Ramesh Agarwal Jul 04, 2011

Dear Sir, My Land line number is 05224106626 of Airtel Service. I have been having recurrent problem of slow internet.
    our telephone line is not working...

delay and no information regarding installation.

We are quite unsatisfied with the kind of service airtel is providing regarding the new landline connection, thier service is ridiculous specially their executives handling the case/
Kindly look into the matter if you can do anything please help out to get me the refund of the amount we already paid for the connection.

• Ni
    Nishchay Ahluwalia Nov 27, 2010

This is to register a complaint against Bharti Airtel Landline, its regarding a new connection we have applied for a landline connection and paid a few rupees in advance but till now hadn't have the information whether we'll get connection and number installed and issued by what date, time. Executives handling our case are inconsiderate about our urgency and requirement and not providing us any relevant and confirmed information.
    Kindly look into the matter if you can help us out in anyway.

regarding blockage of outgoing calls

I have parched a prepaid sim card on 15-11-2010 from a dealer(the mobile store, moti jhil chauraha, kanpur, up, india), after submitting all the necessary documents needed. After 8 days all the outgoing calls are blocked, saying that i have to submit the documents with a colored photograph in the airtel office again. i have submitted all the documents with colored photograph again in the airtel office, located at aryanagar chauraha, kanpur, up, india, on 25-11-2010. till now (after 48 hours) the outgoing calls are not activated. i went to the airtel office again and found out that they have lost all my documents. they asked me to submit all the documents again. when i denied to submit the documents third time, they said that i dont have sufficient proof that i have submitted all the documents. I have suffered a lot because of their responsibility & arrogent behaviour.

call barring

I have submitted all KYC documents(address proof, identity proof) towards my connection no.[protected]. However my incoming calls are barred by the airtel and outgoing calls are very much available and sms also. Even after my repeated complaints through '121' so many number of times, and registered my complaints with them, they have failed in rectifying the problem. Even i tried to deactivate the incoming call barring a message is appearing on the screen that my password is blocked. The same problem i represented no. of times, they have not provided any solution. Please do the needful to get incoming calls to my above number

• Su
    SUNDARARAMAN Nov 26, 2010

Sir, i am sundararaman s/o M. Swayambunathan. I am writing this information from Muscat, Oman. My parents are available at marai malai nagar. We have shifted our house from villivakkam to marai malai nagar on 13th of november 2010. On 15th i called airtel customer care and given our current address: 3/23 N.H.1, marai malai nagar, peiyalwar street, chengalpet, kanchipuram district, 603209. They have written and told me it will clear next 3 working days. on saturday i called spoke to rajesh. he said they have not taken any action, because they do not know where is marai malai nagar. again rajesh has taken my complaint. one time has been register. no action. On monday i called customer care and given all the information. They have given message we will check whether line is available. but till this time they have done anything. please update the status. i will give my father mobile number 9600005606 or my sister number 9941315750. please do the needful & send me your response. thanks for your valuable support. Sundararaman

• Ap
    APal Dec 07, 2010

My international calls are barred!!! Tried 1234, 0000, 9999, 5555 and many possible 4 digit combinations. Called Airtel Customer Care with two complaint numbers with the issue still unresolved.
    Complaint # 1 - COGCI31202144252
    Complaint # 2 - COGCI31206486773
    The issue is still unresolved. My request is I want to make outgoing international calls. Thats only going to fetch more revenue to Airtel. Then why bar it??
    Ameya

didn't recieved any bill

hi im Parminder singh from mohali, i get a new broad band connection of airtel on 30 sept 2010 and i have choosen the e bill option for billing but till now i haven't recieved any bill from company and at the time of connection they also told me that there is also a reebok wrist watch as a gift with this connection which i ll recieve soon but i haven't recieved it ...If i didnt recieved any bill within 15 days then i m not going to pay the bill and company bill be resposible for that

Resolved verification of mobile subscription and outgoing sms service not working

I have a prepaid connection of bharati Airtel since august 2007, and my SMS service is not working for a month and a half. I have posted a complaint on airtel.in website, called on customer care 3-4 times and even gone to customer care centers and they have delayed their services by giving me a date at a particular time, but nobody corrected my problem. I even got mail from airtel .in that my problem will be solved within 48 hours, but no action is taken by now. My last customer care call reponder, named Mr. Vinod who told me that i will get a notification call on 23rd November, 2010 at 4 p.m. if my problem gets solved or even if it is not yet done.

• Ni
    Nidhi Arora Feb 22, 2007

I want to unsubscribe for the monthly sms package. I do not want the rental to be deducted from my prepaid balance any more as my outgoing sms rate is very low. I have called up customer care so many times but it has not been solved. Very poor Airtel SMS Service!

• Kt
    K.Thirunavukkarasu Dec 30, 2007

messages could not be sent from my existing connection vide no 9840901547

• Hk
    hkjoshi Nov 28, 2010

AT PRESENT I M AT SUDAN MOB NUMBER IS WORKING BUT SMS NOT RECIEVED FROM INDIA. PLS HELPS ME, MY NO IS 8800289185

• Pe
    Peter A . A. Nov 14, 2011

my number is 08027550241, I have been recieving sms from airtel sport - which i never subscribed for. Now my money are being deducted periodically. please, i want this theft out of my phone. Peter from Nigeria.

• Di
    dileep.kr25 Apr 30, 2012

m
    y no 8809020221 not working incoming, outgoing plz solved my problem.

disconnection of airtel fixed line

Dear sir,

My landline airtel phone number is: [protected] which is installed in manav co-operative ghs, rohini, new delhi. As per our agreement with your company, we are entitled for the free connection. But we have recieved bills regularly from your side with the penalty of rs 50 per month. Therefore, the last bill recieved by us was of rs 550 approx. I have also contacted your customer care executive but no proper response was given by them. I want to clarify the procedure of bill and the said phone is currently out of order from last 1 month. Please, solve the matter urgently.

Regards,
K k jain
Email: [protected]@gmail.com
Ph: [protected]

• Kk
    KK JAIN Nov 27, 2010

Dear Sir,
    I just want to ask that how much time will it take to resolve my problem as it is creating so much trouble for our society. it has already taken so much time, as this matter could had been finalised early.

Regards,
    K K Jain
    Secretary,
    MANAV CGHS ltd.

improper customer service

No proper response from customer care
I got a service message from airtel stating the availability of an Rs.44 ISD recharge. (ISD calls 1re/min)
Recently I made an EC recharge for activating an ISD booster in my prepaid SIM . The recharge costed Rs.44. (ISD calls for 1 rupee per min)

In 2 minutes I got a confirmation SMS that the Recharge has been done successfully.
but when i made an ISD call, it costed Rs.9.80 per minute.
I immediately called the customer service., they say that the recharge has not been updated yet. They even told me to visit the EC recharge retailer and get clrified from him. I even went there and asked him to call the "service for retailers". he did that, and they have told him that it'll get activated in ten minutes. (then why the hell did i get a confirmation SMS in not more than 2 mins)

again, I made the ISD call the morning after.
BUT WTF, still it has not been activated.
I've been calling the customer care for 3 hours till now. STill thery're not even attending the call ..

I want someone to heed to this problem immediately.
Thanks in aadvance

sim registration failed without any notification...

Dear sir,

My number is terminated without any notification...
I am 4 year old customer of Airtel using Life time sim card "[protected]" from last 4/5 years.
I have received call on my number on 13th NOV 2010.
But from 14th NOV 2010 morning i am getting msg "Sim Registration Failed" .
Please solve my problem as soon as possible, this is my professional number and i cant change it.
I want the same number to be started again.
pls hepl me to reactivate my number...

• Am
    amithiras Nov 18, 2010

Please Solve my problem as early as possible...

1 ruppee and more loosing everyday

Hi,
I am operation the airtel prepaid cell sim no.[protected]
Since two years with a scheme of one paise / sec offer
But three months onwards every day more than one rupee
Cuttinng from my balance without options, recently the some was taken to notice through local and internal airtel custemer care people and eventhough no solutions, last two months back also I stoped to recharge, eventhough one rupee cutting with showing minus balance, on advice of local recharge agent, I have bared the same with sending sms to the airtel people even though the same is continueing and facing the same problem

• Me
    meetdine Nov 15, 2010

I AM USING THE AIRTEL PREPAID CELL SIM NO.9177947649
    SINCE TWO YEARS WITH A SCHEME OF ONE PAISE / SEC OFFER
    BUT THREE MONTHS ONWARDS EVERY DAY MORE THAN ONE RUPEE
    CUTTINNG FROM MY BALANCE WITHOUT OPTIONS, RECENTLY THE SOME WAS TAKEN TO NOTICE THROUGH LOCAL AND INTERNAL AIRTEL CUSTEMER CARE PEOPLE AND EVENTHOUGH NO SOLUTIONS, LAST TWO MONTHS BACK ALSO I STOPED TO RECHARGE, EVENTHOUGH ONE RUPEE CUTTING WITH SHOWING MINUS BALANCE, ON ADVICE OF LOCAL RECHARGE AGENT, I HAVE BARED THE SAME WITH SENDING SMS TO THE AIRTEL PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THE SAME IS CONTINUEING AND FACING THE SAME PROBLEM

Resolved wi fie

Senior most administrator
Airtel Delhi sector

I had made a request for installation of Beetel Wi-fie system on the already existing Airtel Connection on my Land Line number =011-[protected]
The first request (wide request Number [protected]) was made 4/11/10 .The engineer did not report till 7/11/10.Our time was wasted while waiting.
Subsequently, a request was lodged vide Request No. [protected].The engineer was again given time to install Wi-fie, but due to some reason, It could not be performed.
Lastly, a request No. [protected] has been lodged on 13/11/10. I was told by Mr Ashok (Mobile No.=[protected]), conferenscing with another engineer Mr. Raja (Mobile No.=[protected]) that they could only provide me a Beenatone Wi-fie but not the Beetel Wi-Fie .
I insisted them to Install Beetel Wi-Fie due to it's better performance. I was rudely dealt by Mr Raja on my insistance.
I raised 3 quaries namely in my dicussion with engineers

1 : that Beetel Wi-Fie System is acceptable only.
2 : If the Company doesn't have the same System in stock, then BeenaTone System maybe installed subjected to it's replacement when a Beetel System is available in the stock.
3 : Otherwise, I maybuy a suitable high performane Wi-Fie instrument from the local market and the same can be energised by your engineer.

Failing to convince, I was put to Customer Care to Shree Rupesh (a senior supreviser) on complain number [protected]. He also reiterated the same version in a polite manner. Accoeding to him as and when the Wi-Fie System of Beetel Company will be available in the stock, It will be installed on our line

Upon this I again explained the queries
1 : that Beetel Wi-Fie System is acceptable only.
2 : If the Company doesn't have the same System in stock, then BeenaTone System maybe installed subjected to It's replacement as and when a Beetel System is available in the stock.
3 : Otherwise, I may buy a suitable high performane Wi-Fie instrument from the local market and the same can be energised by your engineer.

On same grounds, Another (Senior Official) Ms. Neha also could not handle my quaries and problem.She also recorded in her note that as and when a Wi-Fie System of Beetel will be available the same will be Energised.

It is to my utter surprise that the esteamed company like Airtel has such a unprofessional/rude attitude towards their Customers. I wish that someone from the Higher Administration should set up an example amongst the staff to teach them what is the basic of customer care in the professional word. I am deprived of a simple job performance for almost ten days. It is rideculous.

With best Regards
for Aruna Srivastava
23 Chitra Vihar 2nd Floor
Delhi 110092
PS : I hope a confirmation to my complaint and it's action taken report to me is send on my mail. ([protected]@yahoo.com).

airtel relationship centre not treating customers properly

Hi,
I would like raise a complaint against below airtel relationship centre
Reach telecommunication
No 511 gst road chromepet, near vettri theatre, chennai - 600044 chennai

I had a bitter experience with them.
The timing of bill collection in website & airtel relationship centre notice boards are mentioned as 9.30a. M to 8.00p. M., but reality is they close all the billings before 8.00p. M, particularly 7.45p. M itself. I happened to reach the above centre at 7.50p. M & they told me that they have closed collecting bills. When I asked about the timing mentioned in the board, they have told that they want to leave exactly at 8.00p. M so that they are closing billings at 7.45p. M itself, there were total of 5 to 6 customers waiting for paying bills who have come exactly at that time, they have refused to take any of their payment. They have also not treating the customers properly. They are insisting not to speak because thay say so. They have not even cared for the customers call. I have been using airtel (Below number) for the past 5 years & I never experienced this insult from any of the customer care services

• Cv
    cvinothkumar Nov 15, 2010

I have got a call from Delhi ( Customer service) that they will check & resolve this timing issue. I have also informed them to take this to next level so that atleast the relationship centre's people will treat customers properly. I wanted to go that centre again to check whether this customer service call works. Lets hope this is useful. Thanks for the website COMPLAINTS BOARD.

• Rs
    R Suresh Kumar Nov 22, 2010

Dear,
    My Airterl Mobile No is 9650180994. without my knowledge your team has actvated so many services like missed call, matromonial service, dial a song etc. Every time my recharge coupon is being used up for all these extra services. You are directed to cacel all these services, failing which the matter is going to be taken up with the consumer court.

• Rs
    R Suresh Kumar Nov 22, 2010

Dear,

Anitha Ramasamy Jul 15, 2011

I agree to this comment.. When I went there to get duplicate SIM card, they told that they dont have stock and asked me to come on the next day after giving a call to their number 9840277777. Whenever i call to this number, its switched off.. It will take around 1 hour to reach the airtel showroom.. very bad service

unwanted deduction from balance

I m getting so much irritated of airtel mobile service.
they starts many kind of services on my cel phone without my permission like joke pack, night radio pack etc., and deduct money for it from my balance..
they blame to me that i have started this service, , such a foolish argue, , if i have started it, , then why i will complaint about this, , they make their customer fool..it should be stopped now.

• Kh
    KHUSHAL SINGH Nov 21, 2010

I m getting so much irritated of airtel mobile service.
    many times i have complained to customer care of airtel, for that time they stop it, and again they start other service on my cel without my permission .. AND MY nO. 9561738020 & 9561739055 & 9561739044

• Mo
    mobile user Jun 02, 2011

unwanted deduction from balance

• Ha
    harshjuhi Mar 02, 2018

hi dear

Resolved network signal problem in our town

Virani (Gadhsisa),
Ta. - mandvi kutch (Bhuj)

to, airtel customer care,
Dear sir,

With regret to inform you about problems of mobile-network in our town.
Sometimes call is automatically disconnected when progressing of call.
People are suffered to this problem. Many customers of airtel are available here.
So, please check & justify your network. We are expect on you that problems are solve near early...
Thank you...

... Airtel mobile customers

sim card rejection

Hi sir I have a complaint regarding my sim card rejection. From last 4 days my sim card is rejected. I am using this card from last 5 years. I have given my id proof at the time of purchase. From last 6 months I am in saudi arabia. My sim has a balance of 104 rs and validity till may 2012. I use this sim in saudi arabia for incoming sms. My card has unregistered now so I informed this to my brother in kerala and he contacted customer care, they replied that we called many times for id verification hence not receiving call they disconnected it.. Sir how can I receive call in saudi arabia. Incoming charge is 100 rs. They should have been informed me in sms. So please take this complaint seriously I can provide my id proof at any time any where, please re activate my connection. My mobile number is [protected]. My e mail [protected]@gmail.com

• Li
    Libin Philip Oct 18, 2007

I have complained to the aritel customer care for the lack of coverage in Thandasseri-Neericadu road(Thiruvanchoo, Kottayam). I send an e mail to the nodal officer also. ut no actions are taken.

deducting money from pre paid balance without subscribing metrimony alert

I have a prepaid airtel number. The company is starting deducting Rs. 10.00 per day from my balance w.e.f. 01.10.2010 without any intimation. On enquiry, it has been explained that a matrimony alert has been activated and Rs. 10.00 are being deducting per day. I have not subscribed for any such services. The company has charged Rs. 170.00 on this account upto 17.10.2010. It is important to submit that I have not received any alery on this account since the date of activation. It is requested to kindly restore the balance of Rs. 170.00 or I have no option but to file a complaint in this regard with Hon'ble Consumer Court.

Rakesh Garg
[protected]

• Su
    sunil bakiwala Nov 01, 2012

ON 16TH OCTOBER RS. 526 PAID ON LINE FOR BILL AMOUNT OF SEPT. 2012.
    REF NO.IB 10071013
    BILLER REF NO.EBP13366277
    BUT THE SAME HS NOT BEEN CREDITED TO MY TEL BILL POST PAID 9829223202A/C AND RECEIVING CALLS FOR PAYMENT.
    PL RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND CREDIT THE AMOUNT TOWARDS MY BILL DUE .

automatic enrolment in plans

Airtel prepaid automatically enrolls you in plans that are of no interest to you, and deducts balance amount.

The only saving grace seems to be that the SMS message that you get about this automatic deduction, otherwise you will never know about this problem, unless you keep track of the balance on your card.

Calling their customer service will result in a run-around and then they create some incident, and then reply that it was not their problem at all, and so they will not give back the amount they deducted.

If you get calls from number [protected], do not pick up the call at all.

• Ad
    adamvalley Oct 29, 2010

Why thank you.

Your customer care has already helped me out of 3 days of time and another 10 Rs of money, trying to "help" me with this, and they have determined that it was my fault, and they are not going to return the money.

While i was suspecting this outcome, your proving me right has disappointed me very much.

Frankly, I have had enough with your company on this complaint, and have resigned myself to be the victim.

please enjoy your ill-gotten gains, and I hope your CEO and chareholders are very proud of the ethics you exhibit as a company.

• Ad
    adamvalley Nov 15, 2010

Well, you can keep waiting and wanting to "help" me out of more money and time than I have already spent.
    In fact, if you cannot understand what I have written, and are still trying to "help" me, I am sure you think I am some kind of stupid person.
    I am done needing your help.
    On another note, airtel customers, please do not pick up calls originating from the number 9550158461.

harassment and false billing

On the date 15th oct. 2010, I asked airtel to correct my phone-internet bill which I suspect is based on false & fabricated plan "swift 1099".

This suspicion has only become stronger because airtel has sent only vague
Replies and is not answering my request of sending the release date of "swift
1099" plan that airtel is using to bill my internet-phone service.

1) on date 18th oct 2010, I ask airtel to send date of release of "swift1099" plan refered to by airtel in their email [email reference=|bal|qrc1980908|]

2) I re-raise the request for information due to vague reply of airtel [|bal|qrc1990937|]

3) I clearly indicate airtel is wasting my valuable time with their vague reply
And re-raised the request [|bal|qrc1996291|]

4) this information has been requestd 6 times by proper email last email sent today 26/oct. 2010, but it has not been answered.

J k tiwari