Airasiacustomer care/ handling of excess baggage less than a kilo

C Jul 12, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to a very frustrating experience we have when we got our boarding pass for flight number Z2 714 BOUND FOR Manila today, July 12, 2019 from Kalibo International Airport. Six (6) members of my family including myself who is a senior citIzen got out ticket from Air Asia on my recommendation. I used to tell friends and relatives how satisfactory boarding your airline with very skillful pilots in taking off and on touching down plus the charming crew on board. Today however, is just the opposite. The staff in the check in counter (named Christy) had all our hand carried baggages combined and claimed that we exceeded the limit of 42 kgs for the 6 of us. We are not contesting as to the excess though this is just due to the suman each of us wanted to give as pasalubong to neighbors. The collective weight is 45.7 kgs. Or a 3.7 kilos excess from the 42 kilos allowed to the 6 of us. So she demanded that we pay P1, 100 for the excess or remove the excess from our baggage. We bought the suman for only P300.00 and it is simply out of proportion to be paying P1, 100.00 . There's a lot of people who are starving and to put to waste some food to avoid payment for the excess baggage is just irrational. What she (Christy) failed to take into account is: had she also divided the excess of 3.7 kilos by 6, the excess would have been .62 kilos only for each of us. I simply feel that this is an unfair treatment and without any consideration at all for your clients who are patronizing Air Asia. It would have been understandable if the excess is over a kilo by each one of us. I hope your land staff can be more practical and use sound judgement in their course/s of action with guests and clients.
Thank you.