Affordable Dentureshorrible quality dentures and unacceptable service

My 70-year old father went to the Affordable Dentures office in Zanesville, Ohio, to replace his existing dentures. My father had been reluctant to get his existing dentures replaced because he feared that he would have problems with the new dentures. Our family encouraged him to go ahead and get new dentures and assured him everything would be fine.

Unfortunately, we were so wrong. My father has spent the past several weeks trying to learn to adjust to the dentures made by Affordable Dentures, but never could wear the dentures they made for him. He went back to the Affordable Dentures office to advise him of his problems with the dentures, and the dentist said that he needed surgery to remove tissue from his mouth to make the dentures fit his mouth properly. Fortunately, my father refused such surgery and advised the doctor that the dentures were to be made to fit him - not do surgery on his mouth to make his mouth fit their dentures. The dental office filed the teeth down on the dentures they made for my father and sent him home telling him they should be fine now. My Dad spent the next several weeks trying to adjust to the new dentures to no avail. He then went back to wearing his old dentures again.

Our family encouraged our father to go back to Affordable Dentures and discuss the difficulties he has been experiencing with the dentures and ask for his money back due to the fact that they clearly did not have the ability to ever make dentures that would fit him. The Zanesville, Ohio Affordable Dentures Office made my father wait from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. before anyone would meet with him to discuss his issues. My father said that he kept asking the receptionist if they were going to make him wait all day to be seen, and they kept telling him to keep waiting. He said he left and came back two times to take a break from sitting in the reception area.

Interestingly enough, while my Dad waited in the waiting room for the majority of the day, he had the opportunity to talk to other patients visiting the office, and the other patients were experiencing the same sort of problems. He also discovered that several of the other patients were told they needed surgery on their mouth for the dentures to fit properly. One lady in particular had the surgery and she was having more problems than she had before the surgery had been performed.

I am absolutely shocked at the treatment my Dad received at the Zanesville Office of Affordable Dentures. I am further disappointed at the poor quality of the dentures made by Affordable Dentures.

Businesses such as this should be immediately closed by the State of Ohio and prohibited from operating in the state. It appears that a full investigation is long overdue of this office and the qualifications and corporate practices of the Affordable Dentures franchises.

Do yourself a favor, make sure you run the opposite direction of any Affordable Denture office before you have the unfortunate experience of dealing with them and their inexperienced staff and unqualified dentists.

• Ze
    Zepperlin Oct 25, 2018

My mother went to Affordable Dentures in Bedford, Va to have all of her teeth extracted and a set of dentures made. She purchased the "quality plan", which entailed a set of dentures, the extractions, and adjustments for life, insurance, all the bangs and whistles to the tune of $4, 000. She was NEVER able to keep her dentures in. 2 weeks later & 6 trips back, my 68 yr old diabetic mother has lost 14 lbs because she hasn't been able to eat anything, and her blood sugar is through the roof. The people at Affordable Dentures simply keep saying "you need to give it more time, and keep your dentures in your mouth!" Well, how in the [email protected] are you supposed to do that when they wont stay in your mouth?! She went to a different place today for a 2nd opinion. They removed a piece of exposed BONE and gave her an oral antibiotic rinse because she had an infection in her mouth. She also has blisters from where she's been trying to where the dentures and they don't fit. We're going to attempt to contact Affordable Dentures ourselves to try to get a partial refund. The extraction part they can keep because yes, they did pull her teeth. But for the dentures and insurance and adjustments on them for life? NO. She'll never be using them. Those things are sh!t, and those people are some of the biggest a$$holes I've ever encountered in my life. Do yourselves a huge favor and steer clear of these places. Yeah, they save you money. At. The. Time.

• Li
    ligmott Jun 29, 2018

Used Affordable Dentures about 1 1/2 years ago, also in Lakeland, Florida. Sad, sad experience. The "tech" was a lady with a serious attitude. Just said "yes" to anything I ask but did things her own way. I was desperate for my lower plate as I had 7 infected teeth removed 2 months prior because I could not afford the proper care to save them. About all the tech did discussed was the different "grades" of materials that could be used at higher prices. I explained that I had just lost my husband who left me totally penny less but my brother was going to help pay for the teeth because I had lost 15 pound from not being able to eat so I would have to do the "value" deal. After that I was offered a "Payment Plan" "if I was qualified". Seriously! I already told her I was not in any position to pay anymore than what was advertised online! Anyway, ended up going through to same run around others have complained about. At the fitting I immediately told the tech the teeth did not fit, when I tried to talk to her the plate would actually fall out of my mouth. She said, "give it a week or month, we'll readjust it after you've worn them for awhile". So I did try to no avail, after 2 months forcing myself to keep them in my mouth I ended up with a couple of blisters that her so bad I wanted to cry.
    To shorten my story, I was back to the tech 8 times before I ended up throwing to plate out of my car window and crying all the way home over the way I let these people treat me. Since then I am down to 97 pounds and sick of ''soft'' foods. I honestly hope some of the people there have trouble sleeping at night for their part in being disrespectful and outright rude to customers who have to come back over and over but still end up without teeth. Shame on all of you! Your customers come to your place as a last resort because they can not afford to go any place else and you treat them badly for being poor. Maybe someday it could happen to you too!
    So, anyone out there thinking of going to Affordable Dentures should seriously consider the good, the bad & the UGLY that comes with it. Thank you for your time reading this and think about me, I would still like to have teeth but even if the place offered it free to me, I would never, ever go back. I am a human being & no one deserves to be treated that way.

• De
    dentures Jun 25, 2018

i thought maybe i just got a bad one, but from what ive read my carpenter could have made a better set of teeth, i would bet george washingtons teeth fit better it was the worst and most expensive thing ive ever done for something useless.well maybe not useless, i now have a halloween dummy with 3, 000 dollar teeth.they were totally [censored]s and unproffesional, pulled my teeth left pieces of teeth in my lower gums.went back, they said that was my bone under gums.in the next 3 weeks couldnt wear my teeth.picked the pieces out myself with dental pick i bought.so i never got to wear the lowers.by that time they didnt even come close to fitting.i ate a lot of mashed potatoes with ground hamburger for the next year.when they made final set the uppers almost fit, but lowers were junk.now i just wear uppers, when i want to eat now i use lotsa glue on the lowers and eat, then remove them because they very painful now i know how cattle feel.but that is good news for cattle, because i hanent been able to eat a steak since.bad news for mashed potatoes.i could go on and on, but i think this enough for now, if someone reads this and knows about a class action suit, or they know how to start one e mail me at [email protected] thanks for reading believe me ive felt the same pain, but not for long, going to a real dentis and get it fixed.will research this time.im not good at computers.i dont even know how to text.it has taken me 3 hours to find how to post this and type it with one finger.if the periods and all the proper english im sorry but i still got robbed like the rest of you.

• Ki
    kimila Mar 22, 2018

I do not understand why I have not been refunded my money yet, I complained to you a few days after receiving my final dentures, they were too Big, I tried for a year and went to their office about 20 times, driving about 55 miles to get there each time. The tray they used was too Big, my mouth was stretched, my face was stretched, I had to use denture cream to stick them 3 or 4 times a day just to keep them in. I asked for my dental record's and they said, "Someone else has bought the practice, and the Dr. who was here has moved away. We would have to get her to release your records." They didn't offer to call her. They said, "Your final denture is marked approved by the patient. I said, "WHAT? I went out of here crying, I told her 5 times it is too big, it is too high on one side, and doesn't feel like it even touches on the other side." She kept saying, "You have 3 days to call back and let us trim on them." I said, "You could trim on them till Jesus returns and they wouldn't fit." I got disgusted and walked out and didn't go back. I complained to the complaints board very soon afterward. With no results. I believe the law states that they have to give you your dental records if you ask for them regardless of circumstances. The lady who usually made my dentures came in the office and said, "Our smallest tray is a size 28 and had it in her hand. She said, "Her bite is off and this will not ever work it is too big." It would be a waste of time to come back. I just want my money back.

• He
    Help1962 Mar 03, 2017

Hello I have dentures and I was a bad experience and after five years of dropping my upper's I found I need them replaced I did make an appointment with affordable dentures but the new day before mysis passed away and I wasn't able to make it but after reading these reviews I think I dodged a bullet but my current pair hurt the roof of my mouth something horrible and I'm on disability with a fixed income so I need help because now my plans our out the window and I don't know what to do and I can't afford to get another set that hurts and money don't grow on trees no matter what my grandkids say ...
    Know what or were do i go for affordable dentures...
    Help in salt lake city utah needed, despertaly
    Contact me at [email protected]

• Ki
    kimila Jul 03, 2016

I went to affordable dentures for the past year trying to get to the place that I could get permanent dentures. I told them that I wanted my final set to be white like they had been bleached, and a snug fit. The whole time I got temporary dentures they were always too big, and stretched my face and my upper lip, because their smallest plate they form the dentures with is about two sizes too big. They can't make a set that fit me, when the very foundation they start with is too big. The last time I went, they made me a set of temporary dentures that are practically yellow, and I asked if this was suppose to be the final permanent dentures, she said, "Yes, you have three days to come back if you have any problems with them." I said, "This is Not what I paid for, and this is not what I asked for." She said, "You have three days to call and come back if these need to be trimmed." I was SO Angry that I walked out, and haven't called or went back. The final dentures are yellow, and I can't wear them, they are too big, and the bite is too hard on the right and feels like it isn't even touching on the left side. They have been in a cup since the day I got them, and I am stuck with a pair of other yellow temporary dentures they made earlier. I want my money back.

• Ke
    Kenneth Joslin Jun 25, 2016

I have been wearing dentures since 1964 when I got my first set at age 19 and I am now 70. I have had 5 sets of dentures made in that time frame and with differing results. My first set were great, my second set were garbage and fit terribly, my third set were better but were worn down within 5 years, the fourth set was junk and were made in Florence, KY by Affordable Dentures and didn't last but maybe 5 years and broke in two, I then went to Affordable Dentures in Tupelo, MS and the dentist who attempted to make a new set didn't seem to have a clue as to how to make them fit. I did get my payment back and went to Affordable Dentures in Memphis, TN. I arrived there at about 9:30 AM and was gone by 2:00 PM. The set made there have worked out great and could be compared to my first set. The staff was great and helpful. To make a conclusion about Affordable Dentures by one bad experience is of course, your choice, but I have been very happy with my 5th and hopefully last set.

• Ka
    kalybora May 19, 2016

Extracted 17 teeth left 5 shattered sharp peaces in the gum torching me to squeeze my jaws for to make print with opened wound! They are working mindlessly. I was foolish idiot that came to that barn-))
    The skills of the veterinaries not of the dentists. The time of the appointment
    not observed - be ready to spend couple hours more.
    I took refund.
    Be highly advised about nasty sadist people!

• Da
    darlene144 Apr 30, 2016

I agree with everyone on Affordable Dentures. They are just money hungry. No concern for their patients. I went August 28, 2014 to talk to the doctor about getting dentures. First of all there is no privacy for the patients and the doctor. I had to have surgery when i had y teeth pulled and a year and 1/2 i worn temporary dentures that didn't fit. Each time I went back they would tell me that i wasn't healed. Finally I received my new dentures and they didn't fit right so I went back to them. Could never see the doctor but her associate took care of me. I told him that the plates weren't made right and he told me that my dentures had to adjust to my mouth. How does plastic adjust when it is hard molding. He then shaved them down and told me to wear them. My permanent dentures look worsr than my temporary dentures. I would advice no one to go them. They say affordable but i basically wound up paying over $5000 for teeth that i can't wear. I put the uppers in with adhesive only because i don't like going without teeth. I thought about going back to have them done over but i know they won't be any better. He filed them down so far that the gum part is all but down to the teeth. You can see straight through them that they will never last 10 years as they say. When wearing the set my left side bite closes before the right and there pops the lower teeth out. I would have posted a picture but i don't have one taken. Please what ever you do don't go to affordable denture for new teeth. They don't know what they are doing. I am really angry at them.

• Re
    Revids16 Apr 14, 2016

Thank you all for saving me from this horrible company ..

They are rude and have a terrible attitude towards there customers ..
    Dennis H San Diego California

• Rk
    rkgjr48 Mar 22, 2016

Went into office in 2014 for top dentures. Had no problem insurance paid and so did I. Went back today 2016 price has gone up over $400 and want me to pay all up front. Do not understand, same insurance as before.

• Re
    Reviewer30669 Feb 25, 2016

This place is a rip off !!! I lost $795.00 at this place in Bedford VA. stay away. Dentures are to big and they will not listen to me . I will never go back . I fill bad for the older people on fixed incomes going there for dentures and getting robbed.

• Am
    amtmkt Feb 09, 2016

I had a terrible experience with Affordable Dentures. They didn't care about you. Just another number. Mine didn't fit properly and looked like dragon teeth or vampire. Went in for adjustments and they were rude. That was about 5 years ago. Went to Aspen Dental. They were a little more money, but so worth. Love my dentures. I wouldn't recommend Affordable Dentures to my worse enemy. Good luck to whoever goes there. Aspen Dental had different priced dentures.

• Or
    origanalkid15 Jan 09, 2016

I forgot to mention which office I dealt with on previous post about x-rays and I want to be sure to point a finger at the right office even though looking through all the other posts it doesn't seem to matter it was in East Moline Illinois.

• Or
    origanalkid15 Jan 08, 2016

I will never use affordable dentures again or recommend them to anyone. I have used them in the past and the saying you get what you pay for is definitely true. I first went to them in 2009 to repair my lower denture that I had for a lot of years and was told that they wouldn't repair it and that I would have to buy a complete set. Well like I said I did have them a lot of years so I went along with them and bought a complete set uppers and lowers $775.00. I had them 2 years and the lower plate cracked so I went back and had them repaired $230 some dollars. Now fast forward 2 more years late 2013 and they break into so I go back and they put a wire in them and sent me out the door $285.00 poorer. So now we go to early 2014 and they crack and once again I go back and they put a different wire in and again out the door without 200 some dollars. Keep in mind through all these visits from the very beginning not once did they ever take or talk about an x-ray. So now it's January 2016 and yesterday I went in to make an appointment because the lower plate has a small crack from an old repair and wanted to get it fixed before it gets worse. They ask to see it and I showed it to her and she said that won't be a problem we can just put some more acrylic on them and they will be fine and she said the charge would be $130.00 which I agreed to and made an appointment for today. So I go in today and when she leads me to the back the first thing she says is we are going to take an x-ray and that will be $85.00 on top of the$130.00. I said why and she said we need an x-ray for your file and again I said why and she said so we can check the bone and I replied the bone is fine all I need is a repair and she said there's nothing I can do to which I told her I was not going to give them $85.00 for no reason and walked out and will never go back. I will give some other place double that $130.00 before I ever give them another single cent again.

Chairty Nov 21, 2015

I'm making my second comment forgot to mention I got the full set, & like all the others I'm reading, the bottom ones won't even stick with the stuff they recommend, & they are to thick, plus they are to long, that's why I have almost wore blisters in my mouth, all I ask for is my money back, I'll go where they make descent looking teeth, & you don't have to suffer for 2 weeks or more to be seen.

Chairty Nov 21, 2015

I also as many others I see DON'T LIKE MY DENTURES, I HAVE WORE mine for 4 days, day & night like they told me, & they are hurting me, needs adjusting, , I called the office said I couldn't get in to be checked for over 2 weeks, so having to take them out, can't stand the pain, now I'm very disappointed, I'm considering taking them back to them this week & tell them to just give me my money back, I'll go somewhere else, may pay more, but these are of no use to me, if I can't wear them, I'm very upset

• Vi
    virgil barnette Nov 05, 2015

i had a set made in bridgeport wv about a year ago have made complaints on e mail with no response i have had health issues that stop me fron returning niw they tell me they doubt if anything can be done the denture is the worse ihave ever had made i have had three set made by them not no more i well tell others not too go there thy are horrorable. virgil mineralwells wv

• Gr
    grady carlisle Oct 10, 2015

I went to affordible dentures in carrollton georgia to get my full set and beleive me i wish that i had not, i purchased the 1550.00 package and have been back so many times i went 5 times and on that trip they made me a new set and guess what they are the same i cant eat with them not even with polygrip on them so i went back on the 7th visit and told them i wanted a refund they offered me 550.00 and them keep my second set no way i refused so now i am going to get a laywer and go that route i advise anyone to beware of affordible dentures do not use them sure they seem cheap but you get what you pay for and there you dont even get that never again.

joe49 May 20, 2015

not satisfied this has been over a year not keep telling them that i still slurr my words but they dont listen keep saying theres not anything more they can do i paid 5000 dollars and have trouble talking not satisfied will not reffer anybody to them just want money for crap plz advise
    joe avery [email protected] com ps dont tell me to go back to same office because lousey service and will not go there again

• Sw
    Swampwood Oct 22, 2014

I walked away from the assembly line at Affordable Dentures in Scott, LA. feeling like a number that's been used. Dentures= A bottom set that is too thick/tall and loose to wear and with "tiny" little teeth in it, A top set with grinder marks dug in all across front teeth, yet fits ok. And a big giant hole in my bank account.

• Je
    Jeanie Mary Jun 12, 2014

Worse dentures ever! Extremely rude staff! I bought the expensive dentures! My 3rd set in my life time and the worse! Dentures were too small, ah don't worry your gums will shrink! Teeth up so high you can't see them when I smile! They dropped the gum line, but the teeth don't look real, my jaw line is now dropped! Total waste of $1, 400, once I pay it off I plan on having a new set made, so they look natural and fit! Bottom plate is the worse, even fixodent doesn't hold them! Don't waste your time with a assembly line of jerks, and don't deal with
    the help who don't care! Of and don't bite down on anything for the top front teeth will fall out, yes they repaired them and they don't feel right. Wish I had read these comments before I wasted my time and money and travel time of over an hour each way!

• Gr
    Grace Best May 20, 2014

I went to the Jessup office May 7th and had my upper teeth pulled and immediate dentures put in. After the pain of wearing them and almost choking on them I went back for a fitting. They added a reline to them making them bulkier in the front of my mouth. The dentures had a 1/4 inch over bit to begin with. I asked about it and was told that was where my teeth were suppose to be. If that was the case then why didn't I have a over bit all my life. I looked as if I was right out of Mad Magazine, could have bought a better pair for a costume store that would have fit better. I said that it seemed as if they were tiring to change my looks the assistant said Yes she would, I said no. The doctor came in talking about cutting the bone and my lip down to fit their dentures, NOT. I tried to wear them after the refit. Couldn't do it, they just hurt to much. I had to take 4 advil every 2 hours to deal with the pain they caused, they were shoved all the way to my cheekbone and pressed into my nose. I took them back on Monday the 14th for a refund on the so called 100% guarantee, they kept 15% of it ($140). The doctor came in and said I needed time to heal because she might have cracked my jawbone pulling out the teeth, she knew what she did after giving me 4 shots to numb that area. I went to ClearVeiw to see about implants and was given the bad news that I can NOT get them for at least 2 to 3 years because the dentist at affordable dentures cut out part of my jawbone. I now have a place in my jaw that a grown man can put his thumb in. I have been told that if I get hit in the face my jaw will break. That's really great since I'm a cab driver, as if my job isn't a high risk job. The cost to correct what affordable dentures is going to cost about $24, 000 to $45, 000, guess who calling a lawyer this week, ME.

• 80
    80carol Jan 15, 2014

Just before I found Complaint Board this morning I had an appointment with Affordable Dentures. I treated like an old mangy dog with a mean master. Every consumer comment is true. I didn't take there verbal abuse and rudeness. The dentist ask me to leave. THANK GOD LUCKY ME

• By
    Byron Scott Jan 11, 2014

I had 23 teeth extracted at the Winchester, Va. Location. I have to say that the experience was less uncomfortable than some of my visits to a regular dentist to fix one or two teeth. Dr. Lee, although not very personable, was very efficient and professional. The whole process took less than 1 1/2 hours, and I might add that several of the extractions were complex. My appointment was on time, no waiting, in and out in an hour and a half .
    Naturally, there was some pain and discomfort in the week following the extractions, but no more than one would expect .
    I went back a week later and was fitted with the dentures, which, as expected took some time, but I left with a nice looking, full set of teeth, that same day .
    The dentures got loose over the next month or so, due to the swelling going down, so I made a trip back to get them refitted ..Same fast and courteous service as before .
    All in all, they did a fine job as far as I'm concerned. I was really surprised to see the negative reviews. My experience was very pleasant, under the circumstances, and I would highly recommend Dr. Lee and the staff in Winchester to anyone thinking of getting dentures .
    Byron Scott
    Fairfax, Va.

• Al
    always in pain Jan 23, 2013

I also had the most horrable experience ever.I had 26 teeth pulled at one time.and what was suppose to be a 30 min. proceidure took over 2 hours. He got down to 4 final teeth to pull the needle he was useing, was not working so he looked at me and said that this was going to hurt, he then leaned over me and pulled them out as I felt all the pain. He then sent me home with no antibotice and when I returned with a severe infection, the other doctor on staff informed me that when pulling that many teeth, it's like having surgery and I needed the antibotics in the beginning. since then, there are so many bone fragments that I'm always in great pain, can't wear my dentures and can only eat soft foods.It has been over a year since this has happened and I'm still in pain and misserable. Please feel free to e-mail if you get any answers. Thank you, [email protected]

• Be
    betty Smyth Jan 31, 2012

I have had a terrible experiance at Affordable Dentals and I am glad to see it is not just me.
    The thing that bothers me the most is the lying, I paid for the most expensive plate. But don't' see any difference in any of the models. I got a temperary plate that was so hard to eat with I came back for an adustment. The teeth were so small it looked like I didn't have any teeth you couldn't see them. I wanted larger teeth . Dr. Robert Ramatar did nothing but lie to me.He and his tenatious assistant kept telling me my mouth was too small . I have always had large teeth. It has become such a problem to get larger teeth . It was suppose to be next day now The teeth was ordered and would not be in for three weeks. Why? I asked him why tell them to send them overnight. Oh no He couldn 't Dr. Robert Ramator told me he called and they would be here in a week . that was over two weeks ago still no date as to when they will be here. maybe never.This is in Port St Lucie Florida.

• Jn
    JN43 Nov 10, 2011

Horrible quality dentures and unacceptable service
    I had my first set of dentures made Boardman/Poland
    the Eco package Did not fit proper uppers was remade
    and still could not wear with out ton's of Fixodent . the lower
    was never able to wear, That's the first experience there
    the dentist was nasty and rude, Second set I had made
    there the upper teeth were pretty But those were also
    poorly made very thin,
    then for other unrated reasons they finally gave .The
    Bottoms that were made does not fit at all can not even fit
    on bottom gums . I was never able to eat with any of these
    Dentures made, the last visit I also took those bottom teeth with
    me so I could be fit for upper asked him to adjust a bit so I could
    at least be fitted good for upper well he flat out refused saying nothing
    wrong with them put those in and told me to bite down told him couldn't
    to painful after I tried he pushed my mouth together causing sheer pain
    and a cut to my lower Gum in the back. then he got upset and had the
    upper made, with out a lower impression when going back to get upper
    oh and I was told to leave old upper there and I did, but got it back
    the lady called me back told me put denture in I did she said they would
    tighten up after a few days I said they already are tight hands me a mirror
    to look at teeth I said they maybe look ok, well i was happy for a minute
    asked for mold of impression they took they claim it broke . came back 12.30 like told was made
    to wait till almost 2 to even get my upper that was made they are not even correct made
    have to shove in to even get to go under roof of mouth Oh and because I complained I was to
    not to come back there, they just PASSING the buck make you pay for teeth before even made
    Then expect you to wear the thrash they make that one can even wear those 2 bottoms
    I have every denture made there and have photo'd all I am going to upload to internet
    I am a very unsatisfied customer and this dentist is not no where near polite and blames
    the Patient, Sorry Boardman/Poland not this time around I will not get stuck with crap
    And when I told complaint dept. at affordable I wanted refund for those 2 bottoms they made
    in past and the junk upper, they said he told them bottoms were not made there and they were
    so have paper work and bottoms to prove it AND THERE MARKINGS ARE STILL ON THE TEETH
    NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WEAR STILL LOOK LIKE THE DAY I GOT THE TEETH./
    ANYWAYS on way home
    on turnpike my mouth started hurting sheer pain I paged the dentist to and he called
    back I told him how the denture hurt me and the way it was made,
    was nasty to me and said
    oh well sweetie nothing I can do about it I did not make them .in a very nasty tone AND HUNG UP ON ME.
    Then a lady called said doctor said you paged him, and at that point I was already mad I felt passing the buck
    why would I want to go back there the way I was treated this time around and all the times before needs to have
    lesson's in how to treat people once they get your money they don’t care, AND TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO COMPLAIN TO BANK
    Not this time I complained to bank AND EVEN TOOK THE DENTURE TO THE BANK AND SHOWED THEM.
    and will keep on complaining I saved for 7 months to get those uppers, he needs to make right right on those
    dentures made there bottoms and all, and I quote freedom of speech and telling the way I feel . asked why
    I went back well where you suppose to go when you cant afford good dentures I guess you get what you pay
    for, well not this time around After I take these and get paper work to back up what I say and already have
    some paper work on the matter . when it is all said and done I am going to bust these in 50 million pieces and
    put them in the trash where they belong, THRASH.AND SAVE FOR BETTER DENTURES I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
    THIS DENTURE PLACE TO ANYONE . AND WILL NEVER GO THERE OR ANYONE OF THERE PLACES!
    i DISAGREE WITH THESE AFFORDABLE DENTURES WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE !!! MY FACE AROUND MY MOUTH IS WRINKLE AND SUNKEN IN BECAUSE I CAN NOT WEAR DENTURES THEY MADE IN PAST AND THERE REFUSAL TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT . THE NEW DENTURE IS OFF CENTER VERY PAINFUL AND THE TEETH ARE ALSO OFF CENTER SOME LONG THAN OTHERS ALSO TOP DENTURE YOU SEE WITH TEETH SHOWING THROUGH WERE POORLY MADE AND NEVER FIT HAD USE TONS GLUE . AND THEY ARE SO THIN PLATE THEY FINALLY BROKE ALL WAY JUNK JUNK JUNK

Angry Affordable Employees Mar 11, 2011

The reason you get your dentures at such a cheap cost is cause AffordableDentures screws their employees bad. I have been with Affordable for over 5 years now, with little to no thankx for my talents as a lab tech or my speed. We produce roughly 10-20 sometimes 30 dentures a day between $400-1250 a set depending on style. Yet you know what i get on salary? 32k as a lab tech and thats with bonuses! Add the crap benefits packet to that i might make a total of 36-38k a year if you even use the insurance at all. Which i dont. So lets take 20 sets at average of $600 a set, thats 12k a day. we are open on average lets say 200 work days in a year. so 12k times 200 is 2.4 mill a year. So yea, real close figure cause we made 2.2 last year. We have 2 dentist, 2 desk ax, 3 assistants and 4 lab members but only 2 of us are full technicians. So 11 employees in all. Now lets exclude the dentist and say 9 employees times 32k a year is only $288, 000. So either the dentist are over payed, which i know there not cause even the 2nd doc is [censor]ing about pay. So lets give the docs 200k each a year. Still thats only 688k total and thats saying both docs make A-lot. Still where is the remaining 1.7 million???? So take what ever number you want from that for over head??? and you got your numbers, now times that by 150+ labs. Still this company is makeing way to much for me to be this under-paid, under-rated and over-looked. To top it off you cant dicuss your pay with each other, so who do you talk to when your regional manager never comes around and when he does all he says is shoot me an email which i have already done with a laughable response. a 2% pay increase!!! 2 percent for 5 hard working years. O by the way i make 32k NOW!!! thats after that pay raise LOL.
    What sucks the most is there are only 3 labs in this town, so to advance my career i need to move, but how do you save anything too move with a wife and 2 kids on 32k salary????? Wish i had never started with them or atleast asked for more money to start with. Untill then as an employee i would say stay away from them, seriously all they want is your money $$$$ they could give a [censor] less about you as a patient. But still we employees dont get that money so being underpayed like this makes me as a person not care about the patient, all i want to do is finish my work and go home. There once was a time when i loved my career and helping people but untill i get out from under affordables boot thats just a dream.
    So Basicly thats what happens to the quality at affordable, they ruin good workers to the point where they dont care cause they are over worked bad and like stated before way underpayed. If they where to start paying their employees what they are worth, odds of it are you would get way better quality dentures and service.
    So on your next visit mention this fact maybe even print it and post it on their wall and we might get our point across pleaseing both us employees to better serve and please you the patients...

• Ex
    EXCELLENT<3 Mar 10, 2011

I went to the Affordable Dentures office in Hopkinsville, KY. Dr. Tryon is EXCELLENT, the best dentist I've ever seen. The entire staff is friendly, organized, and helpful. I had my extractions done at a private dental practice but chose to get my dentures through the Affordable Dentures office to save money. I am SO glad I did! Right now, I only have my immediate dentures (which are basically the economy ones) and they look GREAT. The fit is awesome, this office was great about adjusting and relining as my gums have changed, and I will recommend them to anyone. Dr. Tryon and his staff really listen to their patients and really do everything in their power to make sure you look amazing. I was able to try my immediate dentures in due to an abnormal "shape" of my mouth, and make changes if I wanted. They make sure you are 100% satisfied before you walk out the door. I was so scared to go there initially because of all of these horrible reviews of other offices, but thankful that I went despite all of the posts like these because my experience was ten times better than I ever expected. I can't wait to get my permanent set, as I chose the premium set. If the economy immediate denture set looks this amazing, I can only imagine how beautiful my next (and permanent!) set will be.

• Br
    Briteyes Jan 27, 2011

I wish this would have been available 8 years ago. OMG my experience is about the same as the others, poor quality, bad staff, lack of respect. This happened in Barboursville, WV, so yes, they all must be crap.. I will never ever do business with them, and I will NOT recommend.

Deb

• Ga
    Gary1968 Jan 14, 2011

I just left affordable Dentures in Daytona Beach Fl., and I wanted to say that the staff was very friendly, courteous and professional. I received an upper partial for $260.00 and I LOVE IT! I went in at 7:30 A.M. and picked up my partial at 1:30 P.M. it looked Great and fit perfect. With 60 days for any adjustments and a one year guarantee it doesn’t get any better. Dr. Wilson and Lisa are truly angels. I will always be their customer!

Antoinette1 Oct 26, 2010

Affordable Dentures in Springdale, AR is horrible!!! Dentist was extremely rude and humiliated my father. The dentures were the wrong size, so big they wouldn't fit in my dad's mouth, the Dentist told my father the he must not be very smart if he couldn't figure out how to open his mouth right to get the dentures in. My dad was in severe pain and extremely upset by the humiliation and smartass unprofessional comments and treatment by this dentist. My dad got some of his money back and meanwhile continues to lose weight due to the difficulty of eating without teeth; he is looking for another dentist that cares and respects the patients. I don't know how this place stays in business; this dentist should have his license revoked! I'm reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and any other place or website I can!

• Pa
    pattay Aug 30, 2010

I recently had all my teeth pulled & a set of dentures made at the Affordable Denters in Bluff City TN. They are horible !!!My bottom teeth stick about 3/4 of in over my upper teeth..I didn't have an overbite..I went back to the office today so they could fix this mess..they were rude..no compassion..BUT very quick to tell me how much money it would take to fix this mess..new teeth..although they said the reason my teeth didn't work was because I didn't enought gums to hold my teeth...I am sooo mad !!! but on the way home I passed All Care Dentures...aahh!! so I check it out...nice office, professional staff..how different from affordable!!!...& talk about affordable their dentures are only 199.00 a set..I LOVE MY NEW "ALL CARE" TEETH !!!
    don't waste your time & especially your money on afordable denture...

• Ta
    Tadaa Jul 28, 2010

I have dentures from affordable dentures Ive had them for 3 weeks and I have had 3 different teeth fall out of the set. My old set lasted for 20 years with no problems until just this last year. I now see you get what you pay for.

• Ro
    rooby Jun 10, 2010

MY wife went to afforable denture in springdale ar and her teeth are horrible and the dr keeps on saying it is her fault and he is very rude and they say there is no refund So do not go to them and I think they need to stand benind there product or close down and they reported to better buisness bureau

• Ab
    Abs929 Jan 25, 2010

Ugh! I was in an accident 8yrs ago and it would have cost nearly $10 grand to fix my mouth. I did not have dental insurance, so I took the measures of having my teeth extracted. I had the extractions done over the course of several months at my local dental clinic. When it was all done, I went to affordable dentures in Winchester, Va. I came back the nect day to get my dentures and it was horrible. On the way home, I wore them to maybe get a better feel, thinking it was just me. But no, taking a good hard look in the mirror, the dentures protruded and the part the rests in the roof of your mouth was too much and it kept gagging me. I called the Dr. lees office to make an appointment for the next day and told them they probably needed to be a adjusted. I came back in, I was actually seen right away. Dr. Lee asked to see my dentures, I gave them to him and while I was in the middle of stating that sure it;s probably something minor, he told me to get "The hell out of his office". He was screaming at me. I am sitting there stunned and crying, thinking it's humiliating enough to have to lose your teeth at only 35yrs of age, but to be humilated even further by the dentist. I walked out of the office to the reception desk for my refund and the girl working there was so kind and compassionate, she heard him yelling at me and she suggested I call the 800 number to file a complaint, which I did, but it was all for naught. While the seemed genuinely concerned, they suggest I go to another office.
    So, 8yrs later, I was put on a list for free dentures at the Charlottesville dental clinic, go this morning, really excited that finally something good is going to happen to give my self-esteem back, which had slowly been depleting itself from that horrible visit to dr. lee's office, yrs ago..lol only to be told " no, our denture list has been closed for 2yrs now!" they should have told me when I submitted my application and it stated what were my needs and I put dentures, they should not have wasted my time making an appointment for me.
    So, back to square one and it looks like I will have to go to affordable dentures in Chester, va
    now...to be continued...

• Do
    Donald Moreland Nov 05, 2009

After my original comments about Affordable Dentures, I filed a complaint with our Missouri Attorney General office and received an almost immediate response and REFUND. I suggest trying this to anyone having difficulty getting their money back.

• Co
    columbuspatient Oct 09, 2009

I took my father to the Columbus Location a couple days ago. They said they open at 7:45 when i called them, and so that's on their sign. we were there around 7:30. there're already 6 old folks waiting out side, and it was really cold on that day. The doctor and staffs came in at 7:40. We all thought they would let us get in because the cold weather. Guess what these cold heart did, they not only not open the door on time, they made you waited another 10 minutes outside. Every patient was angry.

Finally got in, the front desk refused to provide service to my father because he got refunded for the last denture from the previous doctor. Well, the prvious doctor did "too much" adjustment on the brand new same day made denture. We asked what he was going to do with that...he said we had to pay another full payment to have another one. that was unacceptable and unreasonable...he refused to continue to do anything...he refunded us to leave. That was the story. I don't think there exist "fair" in their office. they need to change their name from affordable dentures to horrible dentures.

• Sc
    scottatgc Oct 07, 2009

I had mine done in WV. it has been a year. They hurt my mouth, i cannot eat with them and i have been living on ensure for the entire year. These people should have to pay for everyone of thier patient to go to a real dentist and have their dentures made. it has been the worst experience of my life.