Affordable Dentureshorrible denture partials/service

First of all i'm only 22 yrs. old, so having a partial denture (upper& lower) was something that I was sensitive about, but I trusted that this could improve my smile and be well worth the money.. I was WRONG! The day I had my partials made I went in early in the morning, got called back into a room, the dentist told me that only 3 out of at least 6 problem teeth needed to be pulled. This seemed odd, but he's a dentist so I trusted him. They did the impression, I chose the premium set ( most expensive ) and went home. I came back later that day, waited over 2 hrs. in the waiting room, got the extractions done then they put the partials in. I was the last patient. As soon as a got home, barely 30 mins away, I called up there because the pain meds I was prescribed were the wrong kind because they make me very ill, but the receptionist couldn't change it because the dentist was already gone. I feel I was rushed out of the office and not treated fairly. The nurse was incredibly rude, treating me as if I were an idiot. The dentist acted like I didn't know anything about my own mouth. He made a mistake on one of the teeth and said that I should come back another time to get it fixed. I'm not a confrontational type of person so I said this was ok. The teeth were awful, I couldn't eat with them in, they were crooked, pinched, felt sandy, and tasted disgusting. I went back to get the tooth fixed with other complaints such as sore spots and crooked bite and was told that I would have to get used to them because I'd never had partials and they aren't supposed to be comfortable. It's been 2 weeks later and I still can't eat with them, they simply do not fit. Although reasonably priced..do not let this company's satisfaction guaranteed mumbo-jumbo fool you. They are rude and do not care at all about their patients, just their wallets. I am planning to get a refund!!

• Ve
    Veronica Casey Aug 16, 2017

Had remaining teeth pulled and got dentures, was showed video at consult visit, but couldn't hear it over music, asked if I needed to know anything and told no, dr Pearce came in, looked at mouth and said they would make me a pretty smile and was gone in five minutes or so, had remainder of teeth pulled, again was showed video I couldn't hear over music, lower denture was horrible fit, was told by manager that some of their patients had to use adhesive on lower plate, which I despise, asked why I wasn't told this before and tech said it was in video which infuriated me and I reminded her that I couldn't hear it, they offered to redo it, after it's too late and. teeth are gone I was told I didn't have a lot for plate to hold on to, I pointed out if I was told before I would have to use adhesive at initial consult I would not have had any work done, when so called remake was brought out it was really the same plate with wax on it to try to hide that fact and I was again infuriated that they tried to make a fool out of me, manager then said that all their patient have to use adhesive and become irritated when I pointed out that a few minutes ago was told some not all had to use it, he then tried to sell me on implants, when I told him if I were to get implants it certainly wouldn't be there, he then generously offered to reimburse cost of lower plate but I would have to leave lower plate there, knowing I had to have lower plate, this place puts you in a situation that if you want to chew anything you have to take what they give you wish Bryant office was shut down and they have to reimburse every patient they screwed over, the 2 grand would come in handy now for work I'm desperately need now.

• Gf
    gf streeter May 27, 2015

I agree with being rushed I was in for adjustments and dealt with Annie what a sweet person but the next time was with Yolanda and she was rude and would not let me finish a sentence without telling me I was wrong and trying to argue she is the one who rushed me, if she would have just taken the time to hear me out and not try to one up me then my problem would have been solved then but I went back again and she did the same thing I asked her questions and she did not know the answer so I asked to speak with the dr and she said no he was to busy so I called again later this time I told her because of the reviews I read online about a lot of people having to contact an attorney to get results I was leary to use them to start with and she did not let me finish and told the dr I threatened them with a lawyer which is not true I was making a statement about the reviews I had read and again if she would have just listened to me and heard my entire statement she would have known I was not threatening them just stating a comment about a review, also everything I say to her she says no that is not what you said and basicly called me a liar, The dr and annie are so nice but Yolanda is a thorn there, she is angry about something and has to be right about everything she takes out her anger on the pts, If you want dentures I would say they are great but to avoid drama with Yolanda go somewhere else. I have heard Conway is good and their staff is all very nice and understanding. I spoke with a couple of pts there while in the waiting room and they all complained about Yolanda

Anne Rector Aug 31, 2013

The following was submitted to the Attorney General of Indiana, Consumer Protection Division and to the Indiana Dental Association Peer Review. Shut this place down and refund all payments to the vicitms of this scam:

On June 20, 2013, I visited Affordable Dentures, Franklin, Indiana, to receive same-day partials. From the clinic published offerings, I selected what is termed “The Premium Package, ” at a cost of $1780. The Package consists of a set of full or partial dentures, with the promise of being allowed to return at any time during the first year of wear for repair and adjustments. A final set is then placed in the patient’s mouth. The words “at any time” echo throughout the clinic as the patients are being fitted for teeth, and again, as they leave: “You may come back any time you need to.” That promise turns out to be a lie, particularly for purchasers of The Package.
    At the time of my visit, I had eight teeth remaining, with only the two upper teeth to be extracted. I had been wearing partials and bridges for 17 years. The price schedule the assistant put in my lap showed extractions at $75 each. I was charged $105 for each one, and not told of the inflated price until after surgery. Dr. Stahl made the dollar amount out of whole cloth. This is bait and switch.
    Patients are given two prescriptions and are told these have to be filled immediately or surgery will not be done. At the beginning of my visit I completed a medical history revealing a thyroid condition. The medication Dr. Stahl prescribed came with a printed indication of potential death to those with thyroidism. The prescription is given to every patient, no matter their medical condition. This is malpractice.
    Over fifty patients were seen on the day I was. They were herded through the clinic, with their dentures made as fast as credit cards can be swiped, and regardless of quality. When mine were placed in my mouth, a definite elevation on the upper right was noticeable; the length of the right side teeth was pronouncedly shorter than the other side. I noticed this after I went to my car and called in the message. The hateful assistant Rose left a recorded reply, “Your teeth were made the way they are supposed to be, so I don’t know what your problem is.” No mention of “We’ll fix it any time.” Certainly, no consideration for the pain of the patient was forthcoming.
    I went back anyway. When looking into my mouth, Rose told me, “Nothing is wrong with the partial. It’s you. You have a lip like Elvis. You snarl like Elvis and that’s why you think the teeth look funny.” I am 61 years old and never in my life have I been told I look like Elvis. I have never had elevated teeth on one side, either. I asked to speak to the dentist and in came Dr. Wick, owner of the practice. She looked at my mouth and told me I shouldn’t criticize her work and I should leave. I asked her to take the partial and make the teeth the same length. She stormed out of the room shouting at me, “I’M NOT GOING TO DO IT. I DON’T HAVE TO DO IT.” I told Rose that Dr. Wick had better do it. Rose grabbed my arm (I was still sitting in the exam chair) and shook me, saying, “You don’t talk to US like that.”
    In a few minutes, Dr. Wick returned and added length to my teeth, so that miraculously, after 61 years, I no longer looked like Elvis! And then she said, “We added lots and lots to your teeth!” The same teeth that minutes before didn’t have anything wrong with them, according to her.
    The lower partial was three times the size it needed to be. It wouldn’t fit into my jaw, particularly the right side. Dr. Wick continued to tell me my mouth would “adjust” to a denture so big that my tongue wouldn’t lay flat. I could not chew, couldn’t talk, and couldn’t get the partial into my jaw.

The week after this bizarre act of dental malpractice, I called for an appointment to have the lowers decreased. I was told that no one could come back until two weeks post-op; even those of us who had no gum swelling, and who had paid for The Package.
    The shoddy work of Drs. Wick and Stahl resulted in blisters, lesions, sores and bleeding in my mouth. All caused by Affordable Dentures’ defective product. The lowers would not allow my mouth to rotate or chew. And I was expected to be tortured like this for no less than one year and up to two years! Subsequently, I was examined in an emergency room and by a dentist in federal practice, all advising me to contact Dr. Wick for adjustment.
    Works was done to make the partials smaller, but still do not fit my mouth and are completely unusable. Sores and lesions continue to form on my gums due to the defective workmanship of this garbage for a product. Parts of the upper partial have chipped off during normal wear. I called again (“You can come back anytime!”) in early August for repair. The nasty Rose told me I could only come on a Tuesday between 1 and 2 o’clock. She then said, “You come when I tell you to, or you won’t get an adjustment or repair.” So I haven’t been back. I live with the worse excuse for a set of partials ever made. The chewing surfaces are almost non-existent. The lowers cannot be worn. The uppers continue to chip. These substandard, inferior teeth are causing pain and suffering as well as embarrassment by not being wearable.
    Most new denture issues are caused by gums adjusting to extractions and the placing of artificial teeth. These are not problems particular to me. My gums were ready for permanent partials, yet Affordable Dentures refused to provide them. At one point, Dr. Wick, in an effort to deflect responsibility for her inferior work, pointed to my natural tooth #22, and said, “It’s this one that’s causing all the trouble. This tooth gave us FITS!” Tooth #22 had nothing to do with the creation or placement of her shoddy partials. My #22 is perfectly normal and was not in the way of anything. Dr. Wick simply had to divert attention from her fraud by projecting away from herself.

At the moment I paid $1990 on my credit card to the assistant named “Dana”, I asked for a copy of my file. Dana’s reply was, “What do you need it for?” I said I have the right to access my medical records. She said, “We don’t do that.” Affordable Dentures willfully violates HIPPA law.
    A week prior to submitting this complaint, I sent an electronic message to the corporate office of Affordable Dentures, Kinton, North Carolina. The narrative here reflects that message. I allowed corporate ten days to provide an answer and nothing has been received, nor have I heard from the Franklin office.
    I am requesting a full refund of the price of my partials and extractions, $1990.and the two dangerous prescriptions I had filled, totaling $55. Additionally, a consideration of $800 for the infliction of physical pain and suffering and patient inconvenience is requested.