A&E Factory Servicerip off

B

Wish I would have read all of these compliants before I sat around all day waiting for A&E Factory Service to come out and fix my washer. We have a1 year and 2 week old Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. Last week when my wife was doing a load of laundry she noticed that the underwire from one of her bra's was missing. After calling Whirlpool Customer Service they told me it was inadvisable to use the machine, and no there was no way that I could get the agitator off, but because my warranty expired less that 2 weeks ago she would send out a technican to remove the agitator and if there would be no charge except for any parts needed. I thought great, a technican from A&E was to be at my house the next day between 1-5. Well at 4:00 PM on Friday afternoon, the tech called to say he was 30 minutes away, and there would be a $65 consulation fee for him to look at my DRYER ?, a $125 charge to remove the agitator and then any additional costs for parts that might be needed. When informed that 1.--it is a washer and 2. Whirl pool said there would be no charge since my warranty had just expired . The tech was very rude, and insisted that his work order said DRYER and that was what he was coming to fix. After he insisted that the charges could not be elimintaed no matter what Whirpool said, and since he came to remove the agitator from a DRYER, I told him forget it.
I was going to call Whirpool and complain, but after reading all of these comments I fiqured why waste my time with Whirlrpool, but instead hopefully warn any future customers that if they are recommended as the tech's for any appliance, RUN Run as fast as you can away and find someone else, someone who respects you and wants to help. Not someone who has a very lucrative contract with a national company that is obviously not concerned about maintaiing what used to be a very good reputation.
After this experience no more Whirpool products ever ever ever again.
And they wonder why we buy foreign instead of domestic.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 09, 2012

Hello Peter20. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your appliances. If you are still in need of assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Be
    benjaminbb Apr 29, 2011

These characters come out to my house to diagnose problems with my oven, cooktop and microwave. They look at my microwave for less than 2 minutes and tell me that it will cost more to fix it than to replace it. Bang: $130 in 2 minutes. Then, next: the oven. 3 minutes later: the keypad is broken and it will cost more to repair it than fix it. same with the cooktop. except it costs an addition $75 dollars to diagnose each. So, in under 15 minutes, they skimmed me for $280!!

awesome!!

• Pe
    Peter20 Feb 05, 2012

I bought Kitchenaid Appliances at Lowes in Parker, CO. I also bought an extended warranty contract. A & E factory service is used to maintain the warranty. First my oven broke it took them over a month to get the parts and fix it. only came on time 1 out of 3 times. Next my microwave stopped working. I waited all day long then a robocall came saying they weren't coming and I needed to reschedule. Another 2 weeks before I could get an appointment, now it will be a month before they can even look at it and of course it will take another couple of weeks to get a part. Stay away from extended warranty's especially if A & E is involved I cannot believe how poorly they treat you.