A&E Factory Servicecontect the attorney general of your state

S

I also had a problem with this company. They attempted to charge me $183 for replacing a part that took 10 minutes and cost $9. I did it myself.

I am going to suggest to all of you that you file a compaint with the Attorney General of your state. It's easy to do and can be done online. The BBB is useless.

You also should follow up with a letter to the manufacturer. Yahoo finance web sight can give you the CEO's address of Whirlpool, Maytag, Jennaire etc.

Anyone care to join me in a class action lawsuit?

RESOLVED

• A&E Factory Service's response · Oct 13, 2011

Dear JackD:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.
    At your convenience please contact our office at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (JackD) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

Jean Scott Mar 28, 2014

Do NOT ever sign up for an extended warranty with this company!
    They are, BY FAR, the most unreliable company I have ever dealt with.
    It is not worth your stress, Believe Me!!!
    I reported them to Lowe's (where the warranty was purchased) and hope that they change
    Service companies.
    It is hard to believe that this kind of inept organization continues to stay in business.
    Maybe if enough people complain, they will no longer be.

• Su
    Sue F. Nov 16, 2012

Arrrgh...where do I begin? My GE Profile refrigerator has been troublesome from the start. It's five years old. It has caused me an insurance claim due to water damage and has broken down four times in five years. A&E has been called out the last two times. The first time I had to wait four and five days for the appointment. I explained that the Refrig/Freezer was running very warm. I asked what I could do and they said let the freezer warm up and the problem would be temporarily fixed. This would save my food and they would come out in four days. This worked. The technician actually showed up during the AM window. I wasn't home and when he called I had to explain that I was scheduled for the PM window. He said he would come back. When he got here he could find nothing wrong. I explained what I did based on the technician's recommendation and he said there was nothing he could do because it was working fine. I tried to explain that it was TEMPORARILY working fine because a technician told me how to temporarily fix it so that my food would not spoil. He acted like I was not telling the truth, charged me the obligatory $130.00 and told me that I should keep a log and if it happened again I should call them. When I explained to the technician that it was frustrating not to have it fixed because they only come on one day of the week he basically told me that I was full of it he is out here every day.

Well? Gee. It happened again. I called to get an appointment. and was told it would be another five days BECAUSE THEY ONLY COME OUT ONE &%*#&^ DAY OF THE WEEK!!! I realize that you cannot get angry at the messenger so I politely asked to speak to a supervisor and sat listening to music for over 15 minutes before out of total frustration I hung up. I called back, thinking that I must have been forgotten, and politely asked to speak to a supervisor and sat listening to music for over 15 minutes before I hung up. Now I'm pissed. I put my food outside last night because it is colder outside than my refrigerator which is currently running at 54, the freezer running at 12 and filling with water. I am at a total loss on how to handle this issue.

A&E should take the word Service out of their company name because, in my opinion, they do NOT provide it.

If I was not forced to use them I would not. They do not deserve my business.

• 1b
    1big_dog Jan 30, 2012

About January 12, 2017 my new Whirlpool front load Duet washer sprang a leak. I have had the washer about a month. I called Whirlpool and they said that they would arrange for A&E Factory Service to come to my house and fix the washer, but that they couldn't be there unitl Feb. 11, 2017. They stated that this was unacceptable and would try to find an earlier date, to their credit. On January 25, 2017 I received a call from Whirlpool and A&E Factory Service saying that they would be at my house on January 28, 2017 in the afternoon to due the repair. An hour before they were due to arrive a robo call came and stated that they weren't coming, that I should call and reschedule. I immediately called the number and was talking to a guy from India or Bangledesh who told me in broken English that they would reschedule for the end of February. I told him that was unacceptable and requested to speak with a supervisor. They guy put me on hold and never came back. On January 30, 2017 I called Whirlpool back after I diagnosed the problem and asked them to send me the part and I would make the repair myself.

• Dy
    Dyan E. Dec 06, 2011

I have had nothing but an horrendous experience with a.&e. factory service. Back in late August, my 6 year old, Jenn-air refrigerator broke down. A technician from a&e came to my home, & determined that I needed a new compressor. My refrigerator is covered under an extended service plan. They had the option to either grant me money towards a new refrigerator, or install a new compressor in my broken fridge. Sadly, of course they opted for a new compressor. I have no complaint about the technician who installed the compressor, or for that matter, any of the other technicians.It is the company itself, those who answer the phones, & those in management that have me to the point of wanting to scream!!! Not long after they installed my new compressor, I noticed that the refrigerator portion of my fridge was not getting cold enough.(The freezer was working fine.) My husband put a refrigerator thermometer inside, & the temp.was a warm 60 degrees. Needless to say, we threw out all our food! So a technician came back, & installed a new blower motor, but it wasn't blowing right. He came back & installed a new circuit board & that dramatically improved the temperature inside. However; though much improved, we were still only getting readings of 40 degrees, & not the 36 to 38 degrees that is recommended. So a&e put a special digital thermometer for a 24 hour period, inside my fridge to record the temperature's at various times of the day & night. The technician returned, & picked up the thermometer to take back & retrieve the data it had recorded. That was back on Nov. 9, 2017. Several days, then a week passed, & I still did not hear the results of what they had found. I called the technician who had come to my home to pick it up on his cell, which I had on my caller I.D., & he said his superviser had yet to tell him that information. So I called a&e, and that is where my story really becomes a nightmare. For almost a solid month now, I have been calling a&e, to try to get the results of the temperature inside my own refridgerator. They are guarding this information, as though it were a state secret!!! NO ONE will tell me the results they found regarding the temperature inside MY OWN refrigerator! After a month of phone calls in which I've been shuffled between departments, disconnected, put on hold for OVER an hour, promised the information that I requested, I STILL do not know their findings! In my frustration, I called YET again, & talked to management, requesting their findings. I spoke to a Larry, who rudely told me they were not going to tell me that information & that IF I wanted to know what they had found out, I would have to schedule yet ANOTHER service call with them!!! I asked, WHY would I need to schedule a service call just to hear their findings, when they could easily tell me this over the phone?? I should mention that 2 other of his co-workers in management not only agreed with me, but had promised me they would get this info for me, but here I sit, still waiting. Color me DONE with a&e. Consumers, do yourself a favor and do not get involved with the inept, incompetent management of this company! Dyan E.

JackD Oct 09, 2011

We own a Maytag refrigerator that was on recall, so I called Maytag direct to arrange a repair. They set up a date for 5/20/09 between 8:00a.m. and noon for the repair with A&E Factory Service. At noon, no repairman so I called them direct with the number supplied by Maytag. The customer service rep, Catherine said that the serviceman had called to say he was late. Not true. I asked for a supervisoror complaint dept, she said she had no none. I asked if she could tell me when the serviceperson was coming, she said she had no idea. Ten minutes later, at 12:17 p.m., the serviceperson did call to say he was running late. (really?). He said he would arrive at 1:15P.M. at 2:00 P.M., I left for work, no serviceperson in sight, no call, no apology, no explanation, still have not heard from them.

• Da
    Daniela Rosa Aug 18, 2011

Yes, I would like to be part of the Law Suit. I am another victim of their " rappist" behavious, lies, fraud and the worst experienced to mankind SERVICE !!!

• Pl
    Pliote Aug 13, 2011

This place is friggin’ unbelievable. I scheduled an appointment for my washing machine for a Wednesday afternoon. They gave me a window of 1-5 p.m. They even called and confirmed it.

I took a half day off from work in order to get this done. I am in sales and so, even though this affected my livelihood, I had no choice but to take the time off if I wanted to get it fixed. Around 4:30 p.m. on the day of service, I started getting worried that they hadn’t shown up yet. I called the main number and they said they’ll have the service technician scheduled for my call contact me. 10 minutes later, I get a call from him. He proceeds to tell me that he just finished a job, is on his way to his next call which is about 30-45 minutes away from me and he anticipates being there for a couple of hours. He then tells me he gets off work at 7 p.m. I confront him that based on this information, it doesn’t appear that he’d get to my place and he confirms it.
    I was furious and contacted the main office who gave me the run around and apologized but that wouldn’t do me any good since my machine was broken, laundry was piling up and I wasted a half day for nothing. I demanded they send another technician and they said there was no one else available and there is nothing more they could do. I told them they better have the technician show up first thing the next morning and they wouldn’t commit to that either.

The next morning, no one had showed up and I called again. You would think that they would be the ones following up with me but no sir. They claimed that their technician had called in sick. I said that was ridiculous and they need to send someone else and they said there was no one else. They then offered to send someone the following Wednesday and this is where I just lost it and started calling them every name in the book for insulting my intelligence. I said why would I have to wait until next Wednesday if my turn was skipped yesterday and they couldn’t answer that. They then said that if I am not happy with them, I can contact someone else. I said no ###, I know that is my option but they signed up for a job and they now need to complete it. I demanded to have a district manager contact me and no one ever did.

I was so fed up with them that I went ahead and contacted another service which has shown up and fixed my machine.

These people were careless, didn’t give a ###, there was no urgency to my plight and non-responsive. I always had to call and be on their ###. Not once did anyone ever call me to assure me they were on top of it and will get my problem taken care of right away.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE FREAKS.

• Bo
    booboo58 Aug 05, 2011

All their fancy talk doesn't change the facts! They have poor help to make the deliveries and unknowledgable people acting like they are fixing them. The delivery team dropped my washer to the ground so hard they scared the crow out of me, then chipped it, then I put up with the damned thing not working right off the top and for the whole year of warranty they either changed the timer(2x's) or told me it was my drain (BAHHHH!) Todays world of customer service would make the maytag repairman of yesterday cry out!!OH and I still have the damned washer AN ADMIRAL/MAYTAG and still babysit the piece of crap for every load. Life shouldn't be this hard.

• Jn
    J.N. Jun 12, 2011

I tried calling your complaint line number that customer service gave me. -It is never answered, just has a recording about how you are not available to answer. Thanks Susan for writing back though.

• SearsCare Jun 09, 2011

Dear J.N.:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the (appliance/parts) are listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (J.N.) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

• Jn
    J.N. Jun 08, 2011

They will never arrive on time. All three times I have had to wait for them for the same problem they have been hours late. The appointments are set for between 8am and noon and the technician would never arrive before 2pm! They ordered four extra boxes of parts to be shipped to my house that I paid for and then they didn't even need to use them and told me I had to send them back myself if I wanted the refund for them, just horrible customer service. Then they left heavy oily old parts on my back deck to top it off!

• Kt
    Ktyb Mar 29, 2011

stove is just over 1 yr old, broke down on Sat. they came Mon 8am supposedly fixed it. cooked dinner mon nite at 5:30 stove went out again. called service since i didn't call before 5 p.m. nothing they can do and can't get anyone out until wed. they schedule in blocks of 8-5 in SD. I called again & asked if a supervisor was on duty, I was told yes so I told them i wanted to speak to the supervisor. I was put on hold for 15 mins then another service rep came on and yelled at me that they had to take my complaint then email the supervisor and that he'd get back to me. I called Sears and was informed there was nothing they could do to help me. I feel that since the repairman came out Monday morning and obviously didn't fix my stove they should come out on Tues and fix it. The very least they could do is have a supervisor call me, or even the service dept. tell me they'll set me up for Wed, but they'll talk to the repairmen on Tues and see if they can squeeze me in, type of thing. But nothing. Just do it their way and shut up. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and contacting Sears again and I am trying to find a complaint dept. for A&E. Their service and employers are horrible.

A&E and Sears are not in my good books and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

JeanneFrances Mar 24, 2011

My extended service was from Lowes and A & E came out to fix my refrigerator. I HAVE NEVER HAD WORSE SERVICE IN MY LIFE!!!
    DO NOT BUY EXTEDED SERVICE PLANS FRO LOWES!!!

Main Sail Aug 26, 2010

The ice maker on my Maytag side-by-side refrigerator stopped working. I contacted A&E through the Maytag web site and was able to make an appointment for the next day. The repairman arrived timely and replaced the ice maker in the refrigerator - and left within 30 minutes. This seemed to solve the problem. However, I was charged $173 for the ice maker and $174 for labor - for a grand total, including sales tax, of $358!

After he left I checked the model number of the ice maker on Amazon.com and saw it available from a number of suppliers for $50 - less than a third of what they charged me!

In addition, charging me an installation fee of $174 for a 10 minute installation seems outrageous.

I asked if there was a seniors discount or a veterans discount - none available. I called their customer service number and complained about the pricing - but received no satisfaction.

I would recommend looking for a different repair service if you're ever have a problem with an appliance.

• Da
    DanMary Apr 15, 2010

Sears now owns A&E therefore Sears uses A&E Factory Service

• Ak
    Akerbakk Feb 03, 2010

The full story is below, but to sum it up please save yourself the time and find another service provider before you find yourself in a similar situation.

I was very dissatisfied with A&E. Our Fisher & Paykel dryer broke and we called Lowe's because we purchased an extended protection plan - they use A&E as a service contractor. We waited for a heating kit on a Fisher & Paykel electric dryer for over a month. Initially they ordered a part kit with an obsolete serial number - leading to major delays and complications.

When I finally uncovered this issue after investigating with the manufacturer, I gave A&E the correct serial numbers for the parts and they were ordered. Again I was informed that these parts were also on "back order" through their vendor with no estimated date of delivery. This is the complete opposite of what Fisher & Paykel told me just a day prior: the part was in-stock and would arrive with-in three days.

Upon further investigation, A&E could not order directly from the manufacturer because they claimed their vendor contract would not allow it. All I could do was wait longer with a broken dryer.

That was the major problem, but there were several issues with communication during the whole ordeal. Unreturned phone calls, a no-show for a service appointment without a phone call informing me that they weren't coming, and an impression of terrible inter-company communication - I would call for a status update on the part order and would be told "oh yeah, it is on it's way now, it should be there in a day or two." One hour later I received a call with an A&E representative informing me that the same part was still on back order. When I questioned the situation I was transferred around, put on hold, and finally told "No it's on back-order. This is all a big mix-up here." Who would have thought?

To summarize, I felt that my call was not important to them and that if they shuffled me among departments long enough I would give up and leave them alone.

It gets to one month after my first call to them reporting the issue and I still did not have the parts - still due to back order. The situation was finally resolved when I called Fisher & Paykel and asked for a different service provider. They gave me several options of certified companies. I lodged a formal complaint against A&E, and they graciously extended my factory warranty for another year due to this month-long ordeal. I found another service provider, set up an appointment for the following day to finally get the dryer fixed, and called A&E to cancel the order, putting this all to rest.

I post this comment to hopefully save another soul from lost time and frustration from having to work with this ineffective, inefficient, and unprofessional company. Thank you for your time.

• Hm
    HMB Nov 28, 2009

This is the worst company ever. Bought refigerator from lowe's 7/2017 w/extended warranty. For second time, copper cooling coil failed and freon leaked. Called a&e. Technician came, need part that would take at least 10 days. The part arrived the next day. Scheduled repair and tech never showed. Called company who told me the technician said I cancelled call-categorical lie! Rescheduled for two days later between 8-12-no show. Called company who said tech would be at my home between 1-5 that day. No show again. Called company who said job was scheduled for next day. I contacted lowe's who said they can't do anything. I told lowe's i'll never make a major purchase from them again.

• Ca
    Callis Nov 09, 2009

We own a Maytag refrigerator that was on recall, so I called Maytag direct to arrange a repair. They set up a date for 5/20/09 between 8:00a.m. and noon for the repair with A&E Factory Service. At noon, no repairman so I called them direct with the number supplied by Maytag. The customer service rep, Catherine said that the serviceman had called to say he was late. Not true. I asked for a supervisor complaint dept, she said she had no none. I asked if she could tell me when the service person was coming, she said she had no idea. Ten minutes later, at 12:17 p.m., the service person did call to say he was running late. (really?). He said he would arrive at 1:15P.M. at 2:00 P.M., I left for work, no service person in sight, no call, no apology, no explanation, still have not heard from them.

• Sf
    sfrymire Oct 27, 2009

I'm with you. A&E displayed complete lack of customer service towards me today (see ) and I also encourage everyone to avoid this company.

• Sf
    sfrymire Oct 27, 2009

I had an A&E Factory Service tech come to my home (at a cost of $136.74) to look at a problem with a KitchenAid convection microwave. He claimed I needed to replace two parts. When he quoted the parts, I was surprised at the cost. He told me I may have better luck contacting the manufacturer direct to get the parts and then they could come back and perform the service. If I wasn't able to secure the parts direct, I could call A&E back within a few days and they would purchase the parts for me and then return to do the service, at no additional cost for the service. I was able to secure one of the parts, but I called back a few days later and placed an order for the second part through A&E. I was told the order was placed and once it arrived I could schedule a service visit (again, at no additional cost -- I was told it was covered under the initial visit) and they would fix the microwave. A few weeks later I had not received the part or heard from A&E, so I called them. The service rep I spoke with (Regina, ID#17804) said they made a mistake in what they told me on the two previous occasions and that I was not eligible to receive the part unless I agreed to have another tech out to my home (at an additional cost of $136.74) just to place the order (no work, just write down the order), and then they could come out a third time when the part arrives to do the work. She actually admitted the were wrong and then told me too bad, I would have to pay. She refused to connect me with a manager or to provide contact information for a manager or even to put me in the voicemail of the manager.

I have never had a company tell me they were wrong and then tell me I had to pay for their error (a misinformation error that TWO of their employees made). They made zero attempt to reconcile the situation and did not seem to care when I warned them this would not reflect well on their future business. I have since filed a complaint with KitchenAid on this authorized service dealer and recommend to anyone reading this that you never do business with this company. Stick to the ones that actually care about customer service.

• El
    ellie442 Oct 22, 2009

The water dispenser on my KitchenAid refrigerator started dispensing water at will and flooding my kitchen- KitchenAid recommended A&E Factory Service. I have been dealing with their incompetence and complete lack of customer service for over 6 months now. I have had them out 5 times to fix the problem- each time getting hassled even though I am within their 90-day "guarantee". I currently have a claim pending with them for the damage to my kitchen from the constant flooding- a result of their "solutions" to my problem. They refuse to refund my initial payment, even though the service was never completed properly. I have never dealt with such rude, unprofessional people in my life. DO NOT USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE!!!

• Kc
    kcressell Oct 17, 2009

This company has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. Our downdraft Jenn-Air gas range has been sitting in the middle of our kitchen for weeks now, pulled out by the tech. We have seen 4 different techs, each worse than the prior, with no idea to fix it. We have boxes and boxes of repair parts also sitting in our kitchen, though each time someone comes out, they say we have the wrong parts. They had us break our tile to move the range forward to get a serial number, only to find out the serial number can be found on the front of the stove in an easy-to-access place. We have also had them servicing our fridge and one of their techs actually broke our fridge door and made it worse...now we are trying to get a replacement door.

We are not sure what the game is, but we are pretty sure they are making their money on service calls.

Their service is designed with the customer being last on the list of priorities. I have never seen poorer service...with no resolution in sight. This should be criminal, what they put people through.

• Ge
    getovait Sep 11, 2009

First of All to everyone out there that thinks they are the only one who's broken washer, dryer, @ dishwasher needs emergency service get over yourself. everyone cant be first on the tech's route & A&E isn't whirlpool, GE or Frigidaire the fine people who manufactured that piece of crap that made so much room in your wallet nor are they Lowe's, home depot, or any other appliance retailer who smiled in your face as you handed them your $$$ & laughed as you turned & walked away...They are simply there to try to fix your crappy appliance. When a item is under oem warranty all MANUFACTURER'S have a strict policy on how repairs HAVE TO happen or they don't have to pay...Like parts cant be preordered as in the tech has to go do a complete diagnosis, report back his findings/recommendations, & then and only then can a part be ordered to be directly shipped to a customers home for instillation by a certified technician...all of you seem to be complaining but none of these manufacturer's are changing from the primary use of A&E factory as there #1 Service provider of warranty repair so maybe just maybe the issue is all of you thinking your hot snot on a silver bladder. By the way the only manufacturer that uses there own tech's is Kenmore they are made by sear's and sears does the repair no questions asked!!!

• Di
    DigitalBob Jul 10, 2009

We have an extended warranty from Lowe's on our Maytag Neptune Drying Center. We needed service because the dryer will no longer warm up (thermostat and circuit breakers). Lowe's uses A&E for servicing these dryers.

We made an appointment; A&E did not show even though all day long my wife called and they said the service guy would arrive. At 6PM we received a call that said they had overbooked (she finds out that they service guy had called back to HQ earlier in the day to say he was overbooked and asked for help, no one else was available). We called Lowe's to complain because my wife lost a paid vacation day to wait around for nothing. Eventually, the following week, the service guy arrived, diagnosed the problem. A&E HQ agreed to overnight the parts and set us up for a Saturday appointment (7/11/2017). I took a half-day off from work and waited for the parts to arrive and they did. I called A&E to notify them that we received the parts and to verify our Saturday appointment. I was told that her records showed that someone attempted to set up Saturday but for some reason failed. Now we are told that the earliest is next Tuesday (7/14). I called Lowe's again and lodged a 2nd complaint. The Lowe's service manager said that it is out of his control and that he can only relay the complaint to A&E management. I don't believe that this will do any good. A&E seems to lie about everything, or else they are badly incompetent.

How does one get satisfaction? How do we get compensated for lost vacation time (which we have very little of)?

I swear I will never buy another appliance nor extended warranty from Lowe's or anyone else that uses A&E for servicing their valued customers.

• Si
    sibespirit May 08, 2009

hello,
    I just talked to Whirpool today about my fridge, and I told them about a&e, how bad they are. I actually requested a different company to come over and fix my fridge and they did.

Jennifer Robinson Apr 10, 2009

I wish I have read all these complaints before I made appointment with this worst company in the applicance repair industry. I just wonder why Whirpool still use them. They are really terrible. In this economy, the bad ones should be the first to be eliminated!!!

My mircowave made exceptional loud noise so I scheduled an appointment with A&E. The only reason I choose them at the beginning was I can make appointment on whirpool web site and many of the time slots available is from A&E.

It has been over a month and the A&E technician came 3 times and still nothing is done!! They keep making up different excuse every time they come to avoid doing the job. I am sure they got money from Whirpool by doing nothing. Isnt it a real strategy to keep customers pending and keep making request with them so they can get more money??!!! Terrible!!!

The Technician called Ian. The first time he came, he said that the transformer has to be changed and he did not have the part. I have to order it. So I waited 2 weeks for the transformer to arrive and then made the 2nd appointment with Ian.

The 2nd time he came, he said that he has problem taking the microwave/oven combo out. He said they are supposed to be just slide out itself after unscrew them. But that my appliances were "stucked " into my cabinet cannot take out. So he said I have to call my builder (I have a new house and all the appliances are only 2 months old) to take it out. I called my builder site manager in front of him. The builder was shocked about what he heard and he said that he has been in the construction industry over 20 years and never heard about what described above. So I passed the phone to Ian to talk to the builder direct. What I heard was Ian kept yelling at the builder and asked the builder not to teach him how to take out the combo, he claimed he knows how to do it. He insisted that the builder has to come take it out for him. Ian said that he has to go and cannot wait for the builder to come. I insisted he leave a name card for me so I can contact him when the builder come. He gave me the name card and asked me to call him after the builder take the combo out.

The builder and their electrician came and easily took the combo out without any issue. So, I immedaitely called Ian on his cell phone, but he never pick up the phone call. I left messages but he never call back. So, I eventually asked the on-site manager of the builder to put the combo back so that I can use it before I can make the appointment with A&E on-line again. I cannot leave it out and not using them forever to wait for them. I did not know when they can come and Ian never called back after 2 days. When the builder put the combo back, he tried one more time to take them out again to see whether it is smooth. Again, no problem, very easy to them. They just asked me to ask Ian to lift it up a bit and push it out.

I made the appointment on-line again for the 3rd time. Ian came again this morning. He was angry to see the combo wasnt "out" waiting for him. he just unscrew the appliances, touch the oven door and then said "No". I cant take it out!!! I said "What?? You did not even try" He just put his hand on the oven door and did not even do anything to try take the applances out. I told him to lift it up and push it like the builder told me. They did that with no problem. Ian said "No". I am not going to do it. You should ask them to take it out for me!!! I have never seen such a non-sense "technician". He is worst than anyone I have ever seen. No rsponsibility. Full of bull sheet and avoid doing the job. At the end, he just left without even putting the screws back into the applicances. He claimed that he has other job to do. They have productivity report about how much time he spent on every home.

I was speechless!! I was so mad about what I experienced!! Totally waste of time and just crazy!!! These people just cheat money and time from other people. All these rubbish should be fired immediately and the company should closed if they are out there to cheat people!!!

btw, I called a&e customer service to complain. The customer service woman on the phone was rude. She kept me on hold for a long time and then said she talked to the technician. She said the technician is right by not taking the appliances out to prevent breaking my cabinet. Great, she is the judge?? Everything they are right? I insist talking to the manager, she said she cannot transfer the line to the manager, but will ask the manager to call me back. Of course, never call back!!! When I asked the CS woman more questions on the phone about how they deal with complain, she cut my line!!! I can believe that this company has a company culture that all the people works there has the same attitude - Rude and non-sense!!!

I called Whirpool customer service, they filed the complaint but the girl said that even she is not sure how whirpool is going to deal with complaint. Based on a&e's practices and all these complaint I have read about them, Whirpool should have received a lot of complaint about them. I am still wondering why Whirpool still using this company. This is bad for customers!!

joesou Mar 29, 2009

Hello,
    I read your comments:
    It looks like you might got a lazy tech or customer service is lying to you. Routing controls each tech's schedule on that day. They keep telling lying to customer.

Anyway, They are changing customer service and routing officers and lay off a lot of people this year. I dont know that's good idea. There are so many people loosing a job.

anyway, this year A&E factory service will get better...they better to survive...

• Th
    the service man Jan 30, 2009

too all of these comments I feel all of your pains BUT do you all go to the doctor and pay for his knowledge ? If so always remember KNOWLEDGE is money and nothing is free !!! And it does take time to get parts and Jenn Hey you can afford a Jenn Aire and a baysitter stop crying !!! I bet you never charge less to your company when you do things .. A service tech not defending A&E But I am sick and tired of seeing you all Bash not just this company but others < O we do not have college Degrees so we should not be able to make living
    A service tech who refuses to to deal with the likes of you and yes I pick and choose my customers and they are alll statisfied and hppy

antielectro Jan 26, 2009

As for "iluvelectro", I suggest valium for your anxiety disorder over writing an online opinion that is a catalyst for exploding body parts. My personal experience with A&E has been nothing but the BEST!! On-time, customer centric, and the tools/talent to repair appliances. I've had my all of home appliances serviced by A&E Technicians for years without a single issue! Given the tone and manner of your posting, I'm not surprised that ANY company had an issue dealing with you!

• Il
    iluvelectro Dec 22, 2008

A&e factory service is the the worst i have dealt with. Didn't fix my dryer right the first time, plus they were late. Didn't show up to second appointment at all. When i called they said they were really busy and had me down for a different day. I can't get into how horrible they are or my head will explode. Just save yourself a hassle and don't use them. Please i beg you for your sanity just don't even make an attempt with this company, they will screw you and not even care. Just look at the other complaints on here, way to many for this company to be any good. Horrible

• Ki
    Killer Kane Dec 19, 2008

Well, how many people rely on a close line these days to dry their linens? Rather, how many people rely on the wheather to chill their food? Why buy a service contract? Maybe Kmart will start renting appliances next! You people must think I'm stupid...Frankly, I think Fredricksburg needs to produce a SIMPLE product without the bells and whistles because after all we do need less whistle blowers...A&E needs competition so lets make a valid complaint and rest it on the shoulders of whom it belongs - Bank of America. No, lets say its just a matter of retail. Old fashion service has died people. Wake up and sell the coffee...

• Sj
    sjs Dec 03, 2008

I've been trying to get my brand new washer fixed for over a month now. The thing has never worked right, and I can't have it replaced until I get a tech out here to try and repair it. A&E comes out and says that they're going to order a valve, but that's not going to fix the problem. No, it really needs a circuit board, but for whatever reason this tech isn't authorized to order that particular part. He says that they need to try and replace the valve, a perfectly functional part, and see that it doesn't work before sending about another repair guy. Oh, and this guy won't be able to fix it right away, either. He's just going to assess the situation. Again.

So they send out the valve, but send it to the wrong address. We finally figure out where it went and get the part back, so that when the guy shows up he can do the work.

Yeah, right.

We make an appointment for a Tuesday between 1 and 5pm. I get a call the night before saying they will be here between 8 and 12, which wasn't the time I was originally told. I scramble to get the morning off of work instead of the afternoon and sit here, waiting. at 11:30 the tech calls, and we have a whole conversation about the fact that he'll be here in fifteen minutes to a half an hour. So I wait. And wait. And wait.

I call ninety minutes later to find out what's going on, and I'm told I'll get a call back. I hear nothing after two hours, so I call again, and am told that the tech was unable to get a hold of me and marked the job as uncompleted. I'm upset at this point, because I actually SPOKE to the guy. The manager tells me that it will be ten days before I can get someone out here again, to which I scoff. I got angry - like really angry - about how this guy straight up lied. After some pushing, I'm told I'll get another tech the next day between 1 and 5. I get the auto confirm call that night, saying that a tech is scheduled the next afternoon.

So again I wait, and wait, and wait, for hours. I call to find out what the hell happened this time, and guess what? They're not coming. To make it even more humorous, they tell me that I actually called to reschedule the appointment myself. Oh, the humanity.

So I've wasted two days waiting and four + hours on the phone with these people in total.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY - these people are the most incompetent scourge to roam the earth. Not only do they not know what the hell they're doing, but they'll try to make it look like *you're* the reason they can accomplish absolutely nothing within their poor excuse for a service company. They take the concept of incompetence to a completely ludicrous level, a level not often experienced by mankind. No sir, these people boggle the mind with their complete ineptitude and pitiful excuse for a customer service department.

There must be a special place in hell for A&E Factory Service employees, or else that's where they do their recruiting.

• J
    J Jul 09, 2008

We scheduled service on our Maytag appliance. They (A&E Factory Service) refused to come out for nearly two weeks until our service contract would be expired. Our side-by-side refrigerator has major issues - same and worse than a year ago. A year ago the tech said we'd have them again and we'd better buy a contract so we did. This year the problems are worse and we thought we were lucky that they happened while we had coverage. We're retired and can't afford to pay for what we already paid for that is still valid coverage. Pray your appliance is not serviced by this fraudulent company. As a result we will now never buy another Maytag product of any kind.

• Ad
    Adams Jul 02, 2008

I wish I had read all of the complaints on the company before having them come to our house. The technician provided an estimate of $700 to fix our refrigerator. I told him that I'd check with my husband and call back the next day. When I called the company back, they said that because I had not signed the work order on the day he was there, while he was there, they might have to send him back to my house. I had the neatly printed work order he had left behind, and had already paid for the visit, and set aside a 4 hour time period, was ready to order, but they could not process the order.

• La
    Laurie Malecki Mar 24, 2008

I scheduled service with A&E to look at my dishwasher. The technician sat in his car for 15 minutes on a personal call before he entered the house. He did no diagnostic testing and told me I needed a new control panel. He said he would have to order the part. Of course, he ordered the part and entered the incorrect address although the correct address had been in the system before. I called A&E to correct it and they told me I would have to call UPS. I called UPS and they told me A&E would have to call them back to correct it. I called A&E to speak with a Supervisor and Melissa told me that would not help me and then proceeded to hang up on me. I have informed Maytag that they should drop A&E immediately and was only told that they would register my complaint. Do not use A&E under any circumstances. If you need an appliance repair company call Castleberry service is better and their people are not illiterate.

Joe Deal Mar 21, 2008

Start relay failure on jenn-air refrigerator model jcd2389ges (4 yrs 10 months old). Called jenn-air - they always recommend a&e. Complaint is with a&e charges for the job of replacing this component - this is no different than your auto mechanic. I was informed by jenn-air that the service call would be $80-90 of which I was ok with. I know parts are not cheap. A start relay is a cube the size of a golf ball and probably costs $50 based on web research. I paid $67.24 w/tax - a&e markup of 30% on parts!!! The repair took less than 10 minutes as my babysitter was watching like a hawk. Total labor charges from a&e were $198!!! That means that a start relay replacement is a $120 job - absurd!!! Yes, it was fixed timely and service came the next day. Lesson learned is to have a backup fridge in the garage or basement - and take a little more time to research the problem. As well, i'll never buy jenn-air again nor use or refer anyone to a&e factory service. You cannot manufacture and sell product where a $2 oem part will cost the customer roughly 17% of his purchase price. Fridge - $1600, service call bill was $270.

• Qu
    Quality Appliance Nov 30, 2007

A&E has a reputation for charging customers for service that is clearly covered under warranty, whether or not they are billing the manufacturer also is unknown, but I would be willing to bet they are. Call a local independent servicer and by all means stay away from A&E and Sears.

• Valerie Oct 16, 2007

I waited three weeks for an appointment at a&e factory services. 9/19/07 the tech called at 7:30 in the morning that he could not find my address. I called a&e when i woke up they told me he was here at 10:26. I looked for a note on the door that said he was there at 8:28. The young girl on the phone was telling me i am a liar and he was there. My husband and i were eating breakfast at the time the tech was supposable there at our kitchen table. With our dogs that would have barked if anyone ring the bell. Finally she said to call tomorrow to get another appointment because i already had the claim with them and i could not go anywhere else for help with my dryer. I called the next morning with an appointment for 10/3/07 got a call the night before that the tech will be there between 8am and 5pm. Slept on the couch by the front door so i would not miss him. Woke up at 10:15 called a&e they said we were number 4 out of 10 jobs for the tecn today. My husband called at 3pm they first hung up on him. He called back to speak with a manager who apologies but still no tech today. This is now my second day of missed work. Do not ever use a&e factory services. I found at least six other complaints about this company.

• Iv
    Ivan Yurtin Aug 22, 2007

Came out & said needed to order parts (10 days). Scheduled to come out at 8 am on 8/22 & called that truck broke down. I called Service Center they said a tech would be out at 1 pm. At 2 pm I called & they said the tech would call me as soon as his current job was done. At 7:30 pm I called to complain that I didn't get any calls and no one showed up. UNBELIEVABLE!!! POOREST SERVICE I EVER ENCOUNTERED.

• Ga
    Gary Porter Jul 18, 2007

A&E's latest rip-off concerns natural gas supply lines. We recently installed a Jenn-Air slide-in gas range. Our plumber installed a brand-new-right-off-the-shelf stainless-steel corrugated supply line that happened to have brass connectors on each end. As soon as we started using the oven on the range we noted a whistling sound as the gas supply was cycled on and off and called Jenn-Air who offered us the choice of three firms to answer the service call. Not knowing any better I choose A&E. The technician arrived as scheduled, diagnosed the need to replace the regulator to the oven and then said we'd have to also replace the supply line since it had brass connectors. He referenced a CPSC Compliance Alert Apr 05 CA03-1 which he said identified an "explosion hazard." He then said the gas line had to be replaced before he could do the warranty replacement of the regulator and he shut off the gas valve and said it had to stay off (i.e. no cooking) until the line was replaced. He ordered both sets of parts, which arrived promptly. Meanwhile, I called A&E and asked for a copy of this compliance alert and, after getting run-around and shuffled back and forth to various phone numbers and agents, was finally refused, with the explanation that the alert was "for technicians only." That got me suspicious. I checked with the gas company, local codes officer and the other two local Jenn-Air authorized repair firms. No one knew anything about this compliance alert. When the technician showed up for the installation visit, I demanded to see a copy of the alert. He said he had to talk to his boss, went back to the truck and eventually re-appeared with a copy of the alert, which discussed a corrosion problem with brass corrugated gas supply lines THAT HAVEN'T BEEN PRODUCED IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE LAST 10-20 YEARS." I told him to take his parts and leave and, finally armed with the information I needed, was able to find the relevant alerts on the CPSC web page. Sure enough, there was a problem 10-15 years ago with soldered brass gas supply lines, but my brand new stainless steel line with brass connectors is not at risk. I believe this is a scam by A&E to make a few bucks (about $160 per home) off unsuspecting customers. Few people would be willing to risk a GAS EXPLOSION, when a uniformed technician tells them that one exists and besides, its only $160, so why not play it safe and replace the line?