A&E Factory Servicecontect the attorney general of your state

S

I also had a problem with this company. They attempted to charge me $183 for replacing a part that took 10 minutes and cost $9. I did it myself.

I am going to suggest to all of you that you file a compaint with the Attorney General of your state. It's easy to do and can be done online. The BBB is useless.

You also should follow up with a letter to the manufacturer. Yahoo finance web sight can give you the CEO's address of Whirlpool, Maytag, Jennaire etc.

Anyone care to join me in a class action lawsuit?

RESOLVED

• A&E Factory Service's response · Oct 13, 2011

Dear JackD:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.
    At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (JackD) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

• Al
    Alfred Kukitz Jan 10, 2007

Repairman said the evaporator was not covered by the warranty. The cost to repair was $360. Half of that was labor; he said it wasn't worth it. After he left I looked at the warranty again and saw that the evaporator was covered. Since I returned a call to the company I haven't heard anything.

Anna Margotta Jan 10, 2007

My washing machine stopped working. I called the number on the washing machine and was told I was scheduled the very next Friday for a service appointment. No one showed up on Friday and after repeated calls where I was assured a technician would be coming someone finally told me that a mistake was made and not technician was really scheduled. The next available appointment was to be the following Friday (I was not given any special consideration even though it was their scheduling issue). A technician did arrive the following Friday and I was told the problem would require a part and that it was under warranty, however, the service call would still cost $221 - I was to pay $100 now and they would return the following Friday with the part and do the repair and I would owe the balance. On the following Friday I was told the technician would not be able to come and that I would need to be rescheduled - the next available appointment was the following Wednesday (again no consideration for their cancellation). On Wednesday the technician called at 2PM to tell me he was on his way - he never showed. I called several times only to learn at 6:30 PM that the technician logged my call saying that I was not home (meanwhile I had spoken to him at 2PM!). I was told I would receive a call the next day to reschedule - yes the next available appointment with no special consideration. It is now 4 weeks later and my washing machine is still not fixed and I am out $100.

Jeffrey Mulliken May 06, 2007

We called for warranty repair service on April 21, for our new Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, by calling the Whirlpool Customer Service number. It was apparently answered by A&E's call center; an appointment was scheduled for April 26th. When the technician arrived, he determined that an electronic component had failed, a part needed to be ordered, the part would be shipped to the house, and that we would need to call back A&E when it arrived, to schedule a new appointment. In a few days the part arrived, and we called A&E. An appointment was given to us for Saturday, May 5th, from 8 AM to 5 PM.

On Saturday, around 3:00 PM, we started to get a little anxious, especially since we had pre-paid $50 event tickets for later in the evening. We called A&E and were informed that the serviceman was coming later in the afternoon (since it was already "later" in the afternoon, we found the comment less than reassuring). Just after 5 PM, we called again; we were informed that the serviceman was still on another appointment, but he was coming. When asked why nobody had called to let us know, A&E couldn't give an answer, but did offer to have the serviceman call to let me know when he would arrive. When we inquired about a reschedule, we were told it could be moved to Monday, May 14th (9 days hence!) - So we elected to keep Saturday's appointment.

Around 7:00 PM (already missing our evening event) we got a call from the serviceman. He stated he was still on another service call in a town about 20 minutes from here, and although he couldn't tell me when he would arrive, he stated he was still coming, and would call me before he left that location.

Around 9:15 PM, after no call or no appearance by the serviceman, we called A&E again, were told the serviceman had "gone home for the day", and that it was our responsibility to call A&E on Monday to reschedule an appointment. When we asked to speak to a Manager or Supervisor, we were put on hold for approximately 20 minutes and eventually, after some very annoying static-laced music, we gave up.

Given what we've subsequently read about A&E, we fear this could be the beginning of a long story, but we'll try to hang in. Whirlpool is not doing itself any favors by contracting service out to such a dysfunctional and poorly run organization as A&E Factory Service.

Maria Cabanas May 07, 2007

Do never, ever call this company to fix any appliance. They don't make it to the appointments, after waiting from 8am to 5pm they want to reschedule for 3 weeks later, and when they make it to your home, they only want to give you an estimate , order any parts, collect the $80 and leave. (they're only suppose to be in your house for 20 minutes - he said).

If the appliance is heavy, they can't move it (always one person). They're only repair technicians not installers so their capabilities are super limited. Of course they're nobility... The attitude is incredible!!! The prices unacceptably expensive. Minor problem $140 + $80 for the trip . And there's alway a second visit to install the part... What a rip off!!

After many years of dealing with this people I've had enough and i just hope someone can read this before calling them so they don't have to feel this rage and disappointment.

• Li
    Linda Lerra May 11, 2007

A&E came to our home 3/6/07 to give us an estimate on fixing our ice maker. We ordered 2 parts one of which was a new water filter for $118. When we found out we could purchase the same filter at Best Buy for $40. we returned it and were given a receipt that said we would receive a credit on our next credit card bill.

Needless to say we did not get the credit and no one knows anything about it.

I have tried 4 times to speak with a supervisor. Each time I was put on hold for over a half hour and had to listen to the same recording over and over. I finally had to hang up each time.

I am now trying to work something out with my credit card company and if not I will take it to small claims court.

• Cu
    Curtis Mount May 26, 2007

We are currently engaged in a Warranty nightmare where after three weeks, we still have not had our Whirlpool washer fixed. The goobers took two weeks to arrive and that was after escalating to their supervisors, engaging Whirlpool, and Lowes where we purchased this "fine" product.

On the first visit when they finally arrived, they discovered it needed a part and ordered it. It arrived and we had to escalate again to get someone out the next day only to discover they had the wrong part. Ordered again for overnight overnight shipping and fought again on the phone to insure next day service and was promised such. Next day part arrived A&E did not. Now I am told they can only guess when they can send someone. It has now been pushed off for another two days with no promise they will show up.

I have never before dealt with such a crap organization before, and will go out og my way not to in the future. I also blame Whirlpool for allowing such a organization to be allowed to perform warranty work for them.

The fun is not over yet, but I can assure you after this washer is fixed, whirlpool and this joke of an outfit A&E have not heard the last of us.

• Na
    Nancy Rose Jun 01, 2007

I had an appt w/ this company thru Maytag to come and fix my washing machine. My appt was scheduled between 8-12. I left the house for less than 10 minutes to put my daughter on the bus, when I came back I had a message saying they wanted to make sure someone would be home and to call them back. I called back approx. 5 minutes after they called and after being disconnected, I was told that the service man was in route to another call and would not be able to come. I was understandably upset and called back to speak to a supervisor, I gave all the information and was told someone would call me back. I have yet to get a call back from anyone. I would never use this company for anything.

• Bi
    Bill McGinnis Jul 03, 2007

I am offering this complaint to try and warn people that A&E Factory service is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Here is a quick summary.

June 8th, service rep came to my home to see what the problem is with my Haier Dryer. Appointment was set for between 8-5, service guys shows up at 4:30. I explain to the rep that the dryer works fine, it just does not heat up anymore.Service guy says the motor is bad and the Thermal fuse is bad. These are both under warranty, but the charge for labor was $18.00 to install the thermal fuse and $169.00 to install the motor. So $199.16 to fix my motor and Thermal fuse that are under Warranty. This makes me suspicious since the motor seems ot be working just fine, it is the heating element that does not work, but what do I know. I'm just a consumer, not a repair tech. Ok, he orders the parts and tells me to call when they come in to schedule the appointment. I ask that the parts be delivered to there parts shop and that the maintenance tech bring them with him to my next appointment because my office does not accept packages and I am working when UPS delivers. He says that's
    fine and leaves.

June 11, 2017 - UPS tries to deliver motor to office and offices refuses just like I told A&E they would. Of course I had no idea because nothing was left on my door to say a delivery attempt was made.

June 15, 2017. I called A&E to see what the status was of my part. They tell me the part was delivered and signed for by Voss and that they have scheduled a repair for June 22nd. A Friday of course. Great, sounds good. I don't know a Voss but I go to the office to retrieve my motor and no package. I call A&E back to as where my part was delivered. They tell me it was delivered to my home. I Ask for the tracking number and looked it up myself. It turns out that Voss was the guy at the place who shipped it. He signed for it because, as indicated on the UPS website in big bold letters RETURNED TO SENDER. Did I not say this would happen? They assure me that they will order the part again and will have it sent to the maint. department. Excellent, this is what I asked for the first time.

June 18, 2017 - I receive the Thermal fuse in the mail. Great, now I just need the motor, which should be coming to A&E. I call A&E to let them know the fuse came.

June 22, 2017- Service guy shows up at the ront gate. Guess what? He does not have the motor part. He says the part was delivered to my home. Am I just talking to a brick on the phone when I cal customer service??

June 23, 2017- I call A&E once again to see what the status of my motor is. I am told they show it was delivered to my home. So now I have to start all over again with the story. This was a Saturday and I am told to call MOnday monring and the service department will emergency order my part and they can install it on June 29th.

June 25, 2017. I call A&E at 6 AM and tell them the story all over again because nobody seems to keep notes. I wish I had names to give. Any how, the lady tells me she will Instant Message the service dept and have the order shipped. She promises that the dryer will be fixed this coming friday (June 29th). Great!

June 28, 2017. I call A&E to make sure things are still on track for Friday. This time I am told that the part was returned to sender. NO JOKE! Then I am told he shows it as being scheduled for delivery on Monday June 25th to my home. I then said, I will not be home and I asked to have it delivered to the parts department. He tells me he can't do anything because it is being delivered to my home. Ok, I'm tickled so I hang up. I call back to get a tracking number for the part so I can see where it is at. This time I get a new guy of course, and he tels me the part hasn't been ordered yet because they can't find a vendor who has it. WHAT!!!!!!! I was just told it was scheduled for delivery 5 minutes ago.

Same night, I take the thermal fuse that I got in the mail and install it into my dryer. That was a simple repair that took me all of 5 minutes which includes the time it took me to take the panel off and put it back on. Guess what, my dryer works perfect!

So now I wonder what is going on? They wanted to charge me $199.16 in labor to change a motor that did not need to be changed and a thermal fuse that took me all of 5 minutes to put in. That sounds to me like a rip off. It is now Friday, June 29th and I fixed my dryer myself, no thanks to them. I do not plan on even calling them back. It's not worth my time since whomever answers the phone will not have a clue what has been going on anyhow. Instead, I will wait to see if they ever call me back about my dryer repair. It has been 21 days from the date of the first visit at this point.

Thanks, from FL

• Ga
    Gary Porter Jul 18, 2007

A&E's latest rip-off concerns natural gas supply lines. We recently installed a Jenn-Air slide-in gas range. Our plumber installed a brand-new-right-off-the-shelf stainless-steel corrugated supply line that happened to have brass connectors on each end. As soon as we started using the oven on the range we noted a whistling sound as the gas supply was cycled on and off and called Jenn-Air who offered us the choice of three firms to answer the service call. Not knowing any better I choose A&E. The technician arrived as scheduled, diagnosed the need to replace the regulator to the oven and then said we'd have to also replace the supply line since it had brass connectors. He referenced a CPSC Compliance Alert Apr 05 CA03-1 which he said identified an "explosion hazard." He then said the gas line had to be replaced before he could do the warranty replacement of the regulator and he shut off the gas valve and said it had to stay off (i.e. no cooking) until the line was replaced. He ordered both sets of parts, which arrived promptly. Meanwhile, I called A&E and asked for a copy of this compliance alert and, after getting run-around and shuffled back and forth to various phone numbers and agents, was finally refused, with the explanation that the alert was "for technicians only." That got me suspicious. I checked with the gas company, local codes officer and the other two local Jenn-Air authorized repair firms. No one knew anything about this compliance alert. When the technician showed up for the installation visit, I demanded to see a copy of the alert. He said he had to talk to his boss, went back to the truck and eventually re-appeared with a copy of the alert, which discussed a corrosion problem with brass corrugated gas supply lines THAT HAVEN'T BEEN PRODUCED IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE LAST 10-20 YEARS." I told him to take his parts and leave and, finally armed with the information I needed, was able to find the relevant alerts on the CPSC web page. Sure enough, there was a problem 10-15 years ago with soldered brass gas supply lines, but my brand new stainless steel line with brass connectors is not at risk. I believe this is a scam by A&E to make a few bucks (about $160 per home) off unsuspecting customers. Few people would be willing to risk a GAS EXPLOSION, when a uniformed technician tells them that one exists and besides, its only $160, so why not play it safe and replace the line?

• Iv
    Ivan Yurtin Aug 22, 2007

Came out & said needed to order parts (10 days). Scheduled to come out at 8 am on 8/22 & called that truck broke down. I called Service Center they said a tech would be out at 1 pm. At 2 pm I called & they said the tech would call me as soon as his current job was done. At 7:30 pm I called to complain that I didn't get any calls and no one showed up. UNBELIEVABLE!!! POOREST SERVICE I EVER ENCOUNTERED.

• Valerie Oct 16, 2007

I waited three weeks for an appointment at a&e factory services. 9/19/07 the tech called at 7:30 in the morning that he could not find my address. I called a&e when i woke up they told me he was here at 10:26. I looked for a note on the door that said he was there at 8:28. The young girl on the phone was telling me i am a liar and he was there. My husband and i were eating breakfast at the time the tech was supposable there at our kitchen table. With our dogs that would have barked if anyone ring the bell. Finally she said to call tomorrow to get another appointment because i already had the claim with them and i could not go anywhere else for help with my dryer. I called the next morning with an appointment for 10/3/07 got a call the night before that the tech will be there between 8am and 5pm. Slept on the couch by the front door so i would not miss him. Woke up at 10:15 called a&e they said we were number 4 out of 10 jobs for the tecn today. My husband called at 3pm they first hung up on him. He called back to speak with a manager who apologies but still no tech today. This is now my second day of missed work. Do not ever use a&e factory services. I found at least six other complaints about this company.

• Qu
    Quality Appliance Nov 30, 2007

A&E has a reputation for charging customers for service that is clearly covered under warranty, whether or not they are billing the manufacturer also is unknown, but I would be willing to bet they are. Call a local independent servicer and by all means stay away from A&E and Sears.

Joe Deal Mar 21, 2008

Start relay failure on jenn-air refrigerator model jcd2389ges (4 yrs 10 months old). Called jenn-air - they always recommend a&e. Complaint is with a&e charges for the job of replacing this component - this is no different than your auto mechanic. I was informed by jenn-air that the service call would be $80-90 of which I was ok with. I know parts are not cheap. A start relay is a cube the size of a golf ball and probably costs $50 based on web research. I paid $67.24 w/tax - a&e markup of 30% on parts!!! The repair took less than 10 minutes as my babysitter was watching like a hawk. Total labor charges from a&e were $198!!! That means that a start relay replacement is a $120 job - absurd!!! Yes, it was fixed timely and service came the next day. Lesson learned is to have a backup fridge in the garage or basement - and take a little more time to research the problem. As well, i'll never buy jenn-air again nor use or refer anyone to a&e factory service. You cannot manufacture and sell product where a $2 oem part will cost the customer roughly 17% of his purchase price. Fridge - $1600, service call bill was $270.

• La
    Laurie Malecki Mar 24, 2008

I scheduled service with A&E to look at my dishwasher. The technician sat in his car for 15 minutes on a personal call before he entered the house. He did no diagnostic testing and told me I needed a new control panel. He said he would have to order the part. Of course, he ordered the part and entered the incorrect address although the correct address had been in the system before. I called A&E to correct it and they told me I would have to call UPS. I called UPS and they told me A&E would have to call them back to correct it. I called A&E to speak with a Supervisor and Melissa told me that would not help me and then proceeded to hang up on me. I have informed Maytag that they should drop A&E immediately and was only told that they would register my complaint. Do not use A&E under any circumstances. If you need an appliance repair company call Castleberry service is better and their people are not illiterate.

• Ad
    Adams Jul 02, 2008

I wish I had read all of the complaints on the company before having them come to our house. The technician provided an estimate of $700 to fix our refrigerator. I told him that I'd check with my husband and call back the next day. When I called the company back, they said that because I had not signed the work order on the day he was there, while he was there, they might have to send him back to my house. I had the neatly printed work order he had left behind, and had already paid for the visit, and set aside a 4 hour time period, was ready to order, but they could not process the order.

• J
    J Jul 09, 2008

We scheduled service on our Maytag appliance. They (A&E Factory Service) refused to come out for nearly two weeks until our service contract would be expired. Our side-by-side refrigerator has major issues - same and worse than a year ago. A year ago the tech said we'd have them again and we'd better buy a contract so we did. This year the problems are worse and we thought we were lucky that they happened while we had coverage. We're retired and can't afford to pay for what we already paid for that is still valid coverage. Pray your appliance is not serviced by this fraudulent company. As a result we will now never buy another Maytag product of any kind.

• Sj
    sjs Dec 03, 2008

I've been trying to get my brand new washer fixed for over a month now. The thing has never worked right, and I can't have it replaced until I get a tech out here to try and repair it. A&E comes out and says that they're going to order a valve, but that's not going to fix the problem. No, it really needs a circuit board, but for whatever reason this tech isn't authorized to order that particular part. He says that they need to try and replace the valve, a perfectly functional part, and see that it doesn't work before sending about another repair guy. Oh, and this guy won't be able to fix it right away, either. He's just going to assess the situation. Again.

So they send out the valve, but send it to the wrong address. We finally figure out where it went and get the part back, so that when the guy shows up he can do the work.

Yeah, right.

We make an appointment for a Tuesday between 1 and 5pm. I get a call the night before saying they will be here between 8 and 12, which wasn't the time I was originally told. I scramble to get the morning off of work instead of the afternoon and sit here, waiting. at 11:30 the tech calls, and we have a whole conversation about the fact that he'll be here in fifteen minutes to a half an hour. So I wait. And wait. And wait.

I call ninety minutes later to find out what's going on, and I'm told I'll get a call back. I hear nothing after two hours, so I call again, and am told that the tech was unable to get a hold of me and marked the job as uncompleted. I'm upset at this point, because I actually SPOKE to the guy. The manager tells me that it will be ten days before I can get someone out here again, to which I scoff. I got angry - like really angry - about how this guy straight up lied. After some pushing, I'm told I'll get another tech the next day between 1 and 5. I get the auto confirm call that night, saying that a tech is scheduled the next afternoon.

So again I wait, and wait, and wait, for hours. I call to find out what the hell happened this time, and guess what? They're not coming. To make it even more humorous, they tell me that I actually called to reschedule the appointment myself. Oh, the humanity.

So I've wasted two days waiting and four + hours on the phone with these people in total.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY - these people are the most incompetent scourge to roam the earth. Not only do they not know what the hell they're doing, but they'll try to make it look like *you're* the reason they can accomplish absolutely nothing within their poor excuse for a service company. They take the concept of incompetence to a completely ludicrous level, a level not often experienced by mankind. No sir, these people boggle the mind with their complete ineptitude and pitiful excuse for a customer service department.

There must be a special place in hell for A&E Factory Service employees, or else that's where they do their recruiting.

• Ki
    Killer Kane Dec 19, 2008

Well, how many people rely on a close line these days to dry their linens? Rather, how many people rely on the wheather to chill their food? Why buy a service contract? Maybe Kmart will start renting appliances next! You people must think I'm stupid...Frankly, I think Fredricksburg needs to produce a SIMPLE product without the bells and whistles because after all we do need less whistle blowers...A&E needs competition so lets make a valid complaint and rest it on the shoulders of whom it belongs - Bank of America. No, lets say its just a matter of retail. Old fashion service has died people. Wake up and sell the coffee...

• Il
    iluvelectro Dec 22, 2008

A&e factory service is the the worst i have dealt with. Didn't fix my dryer right the first time, plus they were late. Didn't show up to second appointment at all. When i called they said they were really busy and had me down for a different day. I can't get into how horrible they are or my head will explode. Just save yourself a hassle and don't use them. Please i beg you for your sanity just don't even make an attempt with this company, they will screw you and not even care. Just look at the other complaints on here, way to many for this company to be any good. Horrible

antielectro Jan 26, 2009

As for "iluvelectro", I suggest valium for your anxiety disorder over writing an online opinion that is a catalyst for exploding body parts. My personal experience with A&E has been nothing but the BEST!! On-time, customer centric, and the tools/talent to repair appliances. I've had my all of home appliances serviced by A&E Technicians for years without a single issue! Given the tone and manner of your posting, I'm not surprised that ANY company had an issue dealing with you!

• Th
    the service man Jan 30, 2009

too all of these comments I feel all of your pains BUT do you all go to the doctor and pay for his knowledge ? If so always remember KNOWLEDGE is money and nothing is free !!! And it does take time to get parts and Jenn Hey you can afford a Jenn Aire and a baysitter stop crying !!! I bet you never charge less to your company when you do things .. A service tech not defending A&E But I am sick and tired of seeing you all Bash not just this company but others < O we do not have college Degrees so we should not be able to make living
    A service tech who refuses to to deal with the likes of you and yes I pick and choose my customers and they are alll statisfied and hppy

joesou Mar 29, 2009

Hello,
    I read your comments:
    It looks like you might got a lazy tech or customer service is lying to you. Routing controls each tech's schedule on that day. They keep telling lying to customer.

Anyway, They are changing customer service and routing officers and lay off a lot of people this year. I dont know that's good idea. There are so many people loosing a job.

anyway, this year A&E factory service will get better...they better to survive...

Jennifer Robinson Apr 10, 2009

I wish I have read all these complaints before I made appointment with this worst company in the applicance repair industry. I just wonder why Whirpool still use them. They are really terrible. In this economy, the bad ones should be the first to be eliminated!!!

My mircowave made exceptional loud noise so I scheduled an appointment with A&E. The only reason I choose them at the beginning was I can make appointment on whirpool web site and many of the time slots available is from A&E.

It has been over a month and the A&E technician came 3 times and still nothing is done!! They keep making up different excuse every time they come to avoid doing the job. I am sure they got money from Whirpool by doing nothing. Isnt it a real strategy to keep customers pending and keep making request with them so they can get more money??!!! Terrible!!!

The Technician called Ian. The first time he came, he said that the transformer has to be changed and he did not have the part. I have to order it. So I waited 2 weeks for the transformer to arrive and then made the 2nd appointment with Ian.

The 2nd time he came, he said that he has problem taking the microwave/oven combo out. He said they are supposed to be just slide out itself after unscrew them. But that my appliances were "stucked " into my cabinet cannot take out. So he said I have to call my builder (I have a new house and all the appliances are only 2 months old) to take it out. I called my builder site manager in front of him. The builder was shocked about what he heard and he said that he has been in the construction industry over 20 years and never heard about what described above. So I passed the phone to Ian to talk to the builder direct. What I heard was Ian kept yelling at the builder and asked the builder not to teach him how to take out the combo, he claimed he knows how to do it. He insisted that the builder has to come take it out for him. Ian said that he has to go and cannot wait for the builder to come. I insisted he leave a name card for me so I can contact him when the builder come. He gave me the name card and asked me to call him after the builder take the combo out.

The builder and their electrician came and easily took the combo out without any issue. So, I immedaitely called Ian on his cell phone, but he never pick up the phone call. I left messages but he never call back. So, I eventually asked the on-site manager of the builder to put the combo back so that I can use it before I can make the appointment with A&E on-line again. I cannot leave it out and not using them forever to wait for them. I did not know when they can come and Ian never called back after 2 days. When the builder put the combo back, he tried one more time to take them out again to see whether it is smooth. Again, no problem, very easy to them. They just asked me to ask Ian to lift it up a bit and push it out.

I made the appointment on-line again for the 3rd time. Ian came again this morning. He was angry to see the combo wasnt "out" waiting for him. he just unscrew the appliances, touch the oven door and then said "No". I cant take it out!!! I said "What?? You did not even try" He just put his hand on the oven door and did not even do anything to try take the applances out. I told him to lift it up and push it like the builder told me. They did that with no problem. Ian said "No". I am not going to do it. You should ask them to take it out for me!!! I have never seen such a non-sense "technician". He is worst than anyone I have ever seen. No rsponsibility. Full of bull sheet and avoid doing the job. At the end, he just left without even putting the screws back into the applicances. He claimed that he has other job to do. They have productivity report about how much time he spent on every home.

I was speechless!! I was so mad about what I experienced!! Totally waste of time and just crazy!!! These people just cheat money and time from other people. All these rubbish should be fired immediately and the company should closed if they are out there to cheat people!!!

btw, I called a&e customer service to complain. The customer service woman on the phone was rude. She kept me on hold for a long time and then said she talked to the technician. She said the technician is right by not taking the appliances out to prevent breaking my cabinet. Great, she is the judge?? Everything they are right? I insist talking to the manager, she said she cannot transfer the line to the manager, but will ask the manager to call me back. Of course, never call back!!! When I asked the CS woman more questions on the phone about how they deal with complain, she cut my line!!! I can believe that this company has a company culture that all the people works there has the same attitude - Rude and non-sense!!!

I called Whirpool customer service, they filed the complaint but the girl said that even she is not sure how whirpool is going to deal with complaint. Based on a&e's practices and all these complaint I have read about them, Whirpool should have received a lot of complaint about them. I am still wondering why Whirpool still using this company. This is bad for customers!!

• Si
    sibespirit May 08, 2009

hello,
    I just talked to Whirpool today about my fridge, and I told them about a&e, how bad they are. I actually requested a different company to come over and fix my fridge and they did.

• Di
    DigitalBob Jul 10, 2009

We have an extended warranty from Lowe's on our Maytag Neptune Drying Center. We needed service because the dryer will no longer warm up (thermostat and circuit breakers). Lowe's uses A&E for servicing these dryers.

We made an appointment; A&E did not show even though all day long my wife called and they said the service guy would arrive. At 6PM we received a call that said they had overbooked (she finds out that they service guy had called back to HQ earlier in the day to say he was overbooked and asked for help, no one else was available). We called Lowe's to complain because my wife lost a paid vacation day to wait around for nothing. Eventually, the following week, the service guy arrived, diagnosed the problem. A&E HQ agreed to overnight the parts and set us up for a Saturday appointment (7/11/2017). I took a half-day off from work and waited for the parts to arrive and they did. I called A&E to notify them that we received the parts and to verify our Saturday appointment. I was told that her records showed that someone attempted to set up Saturday but for some reason failed. Now we are told that the earliest is next Tuesday (7/14). I called Lowe's again and lodged a 2nd complaint. The Lowe's service manager said that it is out of his control and that he can only relay the complaint to A&E management. I don't believe that this will do any good. A&E seems to lie about everything, or else they are badly incompetent.

How does one get satisfaction? How do we get compensated for lost vacation time (which we have very little of)?

I swear I will never buy another appliance nor extended warranty from Lowe's or anyone else that uses A&E for servicing their valued customers.

• Ge
    getovait Sep 11, 2009

First of All to everyone out there that thinks they are the only one who's broken washer, dryer, @ dishwasher needs emergency service get over yourself. everyone cant be first on the tech's route & A&E isn't whirlpool, GE or Frigidaire the fine people who manufactured that piece of crap that made so much room in your wallet nor are they Lowe's, home depot, or any other appliance retailer who smiled in your face as you handed them your $$$ & laughed as you turned & walked away...They are simply there to try to fix your crappy appliance. When a item is under oem warranty all MANUFACTURER'S have a strict policy on how repairs HAVE TO happen or they don't have to pay...Like parts cant be preordered as in the tech has to go do a complete diagnosis, report back his findings/recommendations, & then and only then can a part be ordered to be directly shipped to a customers home for instillation by a certified technician...all of you seem to be complaining but none of these manufacturer's are changing from the primary use of A&E factory as there #1 Service provider of warranty repair so maybe just maybe the issue is all of you thinking your hot snot on a silver bladder. By the way the only manufacturer that uses there own tech's is Kenmore they are made by sear's and sears does the repair no questions asked!!!

• Kc
    kcressell Oct 17, 2009

This company has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. Our downdraft Jenn-Air gas range has been sitting in the middle of our kitchen for weeks now, pulled out by the tech. We have seen 4 different techs, each worse than the prior, with no idea to fix it. We have boxes and boxes of repair parts also sitting in our kitchen, though each time someone comes out, they say we have the wrong parts. They had us break our tile to move the range forward to get a serial number, only to find out the serial number can be found on the front of the stove in an easy-to-access place. We have also had them servicing our fridge and one of their techs actually broke our fridge door and made it worse...now we are trying to get a replacement door.

We are not sure what the game is, but we are pretty sure they are making their money on service calls.

Their service is designed with the customer being last on the list of priorities. I have never seen poorer service...with no resolution in sight. This should be criminal, what they put people through.

• El
    ellie442 Oct 22, 2009

The water dispenser on my KitchenAid refrigerator started dispensing water at will and flooding my kitchen- KitchenAid recommended A&E Factory Service. I have been dealing with their incompetence and complete lack of customer service for over 6 months now. I have had them out 5 times to fix the problem- each time getting hassled even though I am within their 90-day "guarantee". I currently have a claim pending with them for the damage to my kitchen from the constant flooding- a result of their "solutions" to my problem. They refuse to refund my initial payment, even though the service was never completed properly. I have never dealt with such rude, unprofessional people in my life. DO NOT USE A&E FACTORY SERVICE!!!

• Sf
    sfrymire Oct 27, 2009

I had an A&E Factory Service tech come to my home (at a cost of $136.74) to look at a problem with a KitchenAid convection microwave. He claimed I needed to replace two parts. When he quoted the parts, I was surprised at the cost. He told me I may have better luck contacting the manufacturer direct to get the parts and then they could come back and perform the service. If I wasn't able to secure the parts direct, I could call A&E back within a few days and they would purchase the parts for me and then return to do the service, at no additional cost for the service. I was able to secure one of the parts, but I called back a few days later and placed an order for the second part through A&E. I was told the order was placed and once it arrived I could schedule a service visit (again, at no additional cost -- I was told it was covered under the initial visit) and they would fix the microwave. A few weeks later I had not received the part or heard from A&E, so I called them. The service rep I spoke with (Regina, ID#17804) said they made a mistake in what they told me on the two previous occasions and that I was not eligible to receive the part unless I agreed to have another tech out to my home (at an additional cost of $136.74) just to place the order (no work, just write down the order), and then they could come out a third time when the part arrives to do the work. She actually admitted the were wrong and then told me too bad, I would have to pay. She refused to connect me with a manager or to provide contact information for a manager or even to put me in the voicemail of the manager.

I have never had a company tell me they were wrong and then tell me I had to pay for their error (a misinformation error that TWO of their employees made). They made zero attempt to reconcile the situation and did not seem to care when I warned them this would not reflect well on their future business. I have since filed a complaint with KitchenAid on this authorized service dealer and recommend to anyone reading this that you never do business with this company. Stick to the ones that actually care about customer service.

• Sf
    sfrymire Oct 27, 2009

I'm with you. A&E displayed complete lack of customer service towards me today (see ) and I also encourage everyone to avoid this company.

• Ca
    Callis Nov 09, 2009

We own a Maytag refrigerator that was on recall, so I called Maytag direct to arrange a repair. They set up a date for 5/20/09 between 8:00a.m. and noon for the repair with A&E Factory Service. At noon, no repairman so I called them direct with the number supplied by Maytag. The customer service rep, Catherine said that the serviceman had called to say he was late. Not true. I asked for a supervisor complaint dept, she said she had no none. I asked if she could tell me when the service person was coming, she said she had no idea. Ten minutes later, at 12:17 p.m., the service person did call to say he was running late. (really?). He said he would arrive at 1:15P.M. at 2:00 P.M., I left for work, no service person in sight, no call, no apology, no explanation, still have not heard from them.

• Hm
    HMB Nov 28, 2009

This is the worst company ever. Bought refigerator from lowe's 7/2017 w/extended warranty. For second time, copper cooling coil failed and freon leaked. Called a&e. Technician came, need part that would take at least 10 days. The part arrived the next day. Scheduled repair and tech never showed. Called company who told me the technician said I cancelled call-categorical lie! Rescheduled for two days later between 8-12-no show. Called company who said tech would be at my home between 1-5 that day. No show again. Called company who said job was scheduled for next day. I contacted lowe's who said they can't do anything. I told lowe's i'll never make a major purchase from them again.

• Ak
    Akerbakk Feb 03, 2010

The full story is below, but to sum it up please save yourself the time and find another service provider before you find yourself in a similar situation.

I was very dissatisfied with A&E. Our Fisher & Paykel dryer broke and we called Lowe's because we purchased an extended protection plan - they use A&E as a service contractor. We waited for a heating kit on a Fisher & Paykel electric dryer for over a month. Initially they ordered a part kit with an obsolete serial number - leading to major delays and complications.

When I finally uncovered this issue after investigating with the manufacturer, I gave A&E the correct serial numbers for the parts and they were ordered. Again I was informed that these parts were also on "back order" through their vendor with no estimated date of delivery. This is the complete opposite of what Fisher & Paykel told me just a day prior: the part was in-stock and would arrive with-in three days.

Upon further investigation, A&E could not order directly from the manufacturer because they claimed their vendor contract would not allow it. All I could do was wait longer with a broken dryer.

That was the major problem, but there were several issues with communication during the whole ordeal. Unreturned phone calls, a no-show for a service appointment without a phone call informing me that they weren't coming, and an impression of terrible inter-company communication - I would call for a status update on the part order and would be told "oh yeah, it is on it's way now, it should be there in a day or two." One hour later I received a call with an A&E representative informing me that the same part was still on back order. When I questioned the situation I was transferred around, put on hold, and finally told "No it's on back-order. This is all a big mix-up here." Who would have thought?

To summarize, I felt that my call was not important to them and that if they shuffled me among departments long enough I would give up and leave them alone.

It gets to one month after my first call to them reporting the issue and I still did not have the parts - still due to back order. The situation was finally resolved when I called Fisher & Paykel and asked for a different service provider. They gave me several options of certified companies. I lodged a formal complaint against A&E, and they graciously extended my factory warranty for another year due to this month-long ordeal. I found another service provider, set up an appointment for the following day to finally get the dryer fixed, and called A&E to cancel the order, putting this all to rest.

I post this comment to hopefully save another soul from lost time and frustration from having to work with this ineffective, inefficient, and unprofessional company. Thank you for your time.

• Da
    DanMary Apr 15, 2010

Sears now owns A&E therefore Sears uses A&E Factory Service

Main Sail Aug 26, 2010

The ice maker on my Maytag side-by-side refrigerator stopped working. I contacted A&E through the Maytag web site and was able to make an appointment for the next day. The repairman arrived timely and replaced the ice maker in the refrigerator - and left within 30 minutes. This seemed to solve the problem. However, I was charged $173 for the ice maker and $174 for labor - for a grand total, including sales tax, of $358!

After he left I checked the model number of the ice maker on Amazon.com and saw it available from a number of suppliers for $50 - less than a third of what they charged me!

In addition, charging me an installation fee of $174 for a 10 minute installation seems outrageous.

I asked if there was a seniors discount or a veterans discount - none available. I called their customer service number and complained about the pricing - but received no satisfaction.

I would recommend looking for a different repair service if you're ever have a problem with an appliance.

JeanneFrances Mar 24, 2011

My extended service was from Lowes and A & E came out to fix my refrigerator. I HAVE NEVER HAD WORSE SERVICE IN MY LIFE!!!
    DO NOT BUY EXTEDED SERVICE PLANS FRO LOWES!!!

• Kt
    Ktyb Mar 29, 2011

stove is just over 1 yr old, broke down on Sat. they came Mon 8am supposedly fixed it. cooked dinner mon nite at 5:30 stove went out again. called service since i didn't call before 5 p.m. nothing they can do and can't get anyone out until wed. they schedule in blocks of 8-5 in SD. I called again & asked if a supervisor was on duty, I was told yes so I told them i wanted to speak to the supervisor. I was put on hold for 15 mins then another service rep came on and yelled at me that they had to take my complaint then email the supervisor and that he'd get back to me. I called Sears and was informed there was nothing they could do to help me. I feel that since the repairman came out Monday morning and obviously didn't fix my stove they should come out on Tues and fix it. The very least they could do is have a supervisor call me, or even the service dept. tell me they'll set me up for Wed, but they'll talk to the repairmen on Tues and see if they can squeeze me in, type of thing. But nothing. Just do it their way and shut up. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and contacting Sears again and I am trying to find a complaint dept. for A&E. Their service and employers are horrible.

A&E and Sears are not in my good books and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

• Jn
    J.N. Jun 08, 2011

They will never arrive on time. All three times I have had to wait for them for the same problem they have been hours late. The appointments are set for between 8am and noon and the technician would never arrive before 2pm! They ordered four extra boxes of parts to be shipped to my house that I paid for and then they didn't even need to use them and told me I had to send them back myself if I wanted the refund for them, just horrible customer service. Then they left heavy oily old parts on my back deck to top it off!

• SearsCare Jun 09, 2011

Dear J.N.:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the (appliance/parts) are listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (J.N.) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

• Jn
    J.N. Jun 12, 2011

I tried calling your complaint line number that customer service gave me. -It is never answered, just has a recording about how you are not available to answer. Thanks Susan for writing back though.