Adventure Student Travelfraud and cheating

B

Our high school used this company for a trip to Washington D.C. My child went on the trip as a student, and I went along as a chaperone. We were faced with many issues during the planning phase that were finally resolved. The trip leader had originally made a list of the things we would like to see and we were thrilled to see that all of the attractions were on the trip itinerary.

What we didn't realize was that it was not humanly possible to squeeze that many attractions into the time allotted for our trip. These “student trip experts" had our schedule so busy that we were only allowed a few minutes at most of the attractions to keep our schedule. Although we were physically at these places, the students and adult chaperones did not get to experience Washington D.C.

I look forward to going back some day and take it at a little slower pace. I would love to have time to look up a name on the Vietnam Memorial. I wish this company had told us that given our limited time in Washington D.C. it would make more sense to take out a few of the attractions and really focus on the ones most important to our group.

When we listed the places we would like to see, we had no idea of their location to one another and if it was feasible to include them all. This company seems to lack travel experience and makes one wonder if they have ever been to these places or researched the area. Our bus driver really didn't have the best attitude either.

I would be very cautious working with this company and our school will not be using them for future trips. There were many wonderful memories of the trip, but I think things could have gone much smoother and things could have been much more enjoyable if we had gone with a different company.

• Hu
    Husnahalima Sep 10, 2018

Badoo keep blocking my account for not reason pls help me unblock or create a new account thank you

Comments

Matthew Cummings Jun 11, 2016

I agree with OP and disagree with traveler who posted Jan 2014. School personnel & parents don't have the time or expertise to make these plans and arrangements. That's why they pay professional travel planners to do it. I will say though that I work with Adventure Student Travel, as an outside vendor, and I know that they've had a big shake up over the last couple of years. The company understands that their role is to provide the best travel advise to their clients and that they should not over-promise and under-deliver, or worse, drop it in their suppliers laps to under-deliver! They had sales staff in the past who were "people pleaders", promising they could give clients everything on their wish list without considering what's physically possible. Those sales people are no longer with the company and they have reached out to local suppliers to understand their locations better and provide only what a group can realistically accomplish!

• Sc
    School Traveler Jan 07, 2014

I don't see this as a fair comment. It should have been the responsibility of the group leader to do their research and review the locations to find a reasonable schedule. If a group requested a lot of site visits and the tour company tried to accommodate that, I think they should be commended. I have traveled regularly with students and yes it is hectic, as there is never enough time to do everything, but I also carefully look at the locations and times to spend on things.