Acceptance Now / Rooms to Go / Richardson, TX90 days same as "cash"

Y

My husband and I purchased a living room set from Rooms to Go in Richardson, Texas. One of the options they have offered was 90 Days same as "cash" option through Acceptance Now. We paid 80% off of our purchase before 90 days ran out. When we were ready to make out final payment, we were hit with a balance equivalent to our entire purchase. Every time we were trying to get pay off account over the phone responses were inconclusive and vague. Finally after we paid over $1, 200.00 on top of what the actual cost of this merchandise was - we gave up. Now my husband and I both are hit with a Charge off for $3, 600.00. We didn't even spend that much at the store. To say that this is a prime example of PREDATORY FINANCING is not to say anything at all. I feel taken advantage of in this situation and I think this is not right to treat people this way.

• Da
    Daryl Bird Oct 17, 2018

Wow & I thought it only happened to me! Well now I have a different problem with them but you know "I learned my lesson!" Ashley Furniture Rogers, AR is such a waste if time. Salesman Lee lied out his butt GM David should not be allowed to speak to the public he's such a load, Lol even his employees say that. BE CAREFUL of these people they're doing a lot of damage to customers while someone is filling their pockets with cash

Mackinazz Moriah Oct 01, 2018

This SAME EXACT THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME! This is a horrible business practice. My bed was $668 I paid $540 in the first 90 days leaving me with a balance of $128. I understand after the 90 days there is a ton of fees/charges BUT I kept paying even paying more then the minimum and ever month the balance goes up some how and they never know my balance right away I always have to wait or call back!

• Fr
    fruitchicken Sep 15, 2018

Arlington, TX Ashley Home Store AcceptanceNow -- Same thing happened to me yesterday.

I was told 90 days same as cash. Bought a $460 TV stand. Paid $230 towards it. They asked for $380 for payoff. I made a stink and they pulled up some contract with all these extra fees that were not disclosed to me on the contract. So -- I asked to speak to the guy who lied to me and gave me this "contract" and I was told "He hadn't worked there in so long and he couldn't have possibly been the one that I signed the contract with."

Then, they asked me if I wanted to open up a new credit line. I think me and you need to make some calls to the Texas AG's office.