Academy Bank — disputes
I had reserved a post office box through the UPS store in another state. To reserve the PO Box, I had to submit my credit card information. Within 24 hours I cancelled the hold on the PO Box. The merchant decided to take it upon himself and charge me for three months of service even though I never signed for the box, nor did the reservation entail that I be charged a minimum 3 month premium for holding the box. I disputed the charge with Academy Bank. They refused to dispute the charge stating that I gave out my credit card number for a reservation, which gave the merchant the right to charge whatever they deemed necessary. So I explained that the next time I goto a restaurant, they can charge whatever they feel since I gave them my credit card number? The dispute department hung up on me. After several calls, they refused to initiate a dispute and understand the merchant had no right to charge me for three months of service. The service rendered by Academy Bank was that of a third world country. Argued, cursed at, hung up on, mind you, I deposited over 100k in my checking within one year. My point being that I'm not running after chump change in the name of being broke. I cancelled my account and went to Bank of A, where I'm treated with respect!
More Academy Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Academy Bank - cashiers checks
- Academy Bank - academy bank
- Academy Bank - tourist/foreign discrimination/unfriendly academy bank
- Academy Bank - fraud of checks!
- Academy Bank - atm
- Academy Bank - checking / savings accounts
- Academy Bank - I was overcharged and then charged an overdraft fee
- Academy Bank - bill pay
- Academy Bank - credit card service
- Academy Bank - academy bank arvada colorado