ABSAshort term insurance

F Jun 06, 2019

We are extremely disappointed in our short term insurance with Absa

Claim ref:362-8739
After a 9 month battle with tenant to vacate we applied for eviction order but before we served them they moved out on 25 May 2019, leaving our house in damages.
3 windows smashed, water damage due to possible leak walls, kitchen cupboards and tiles damaged which forms part of structural insurance. Assessor was sent out but he was bearly there for 2 mins and took 4 pics only of kitchen. No measurements no notes taken and left. I phomed back to ask for another assessor which absa confirmed but never pitched. We got our own contractors to do estimate of damages and it came to R40 000. On 31 May our claim was rejected after I had to contact the claim handler to confirm the outcome.

Claim re:3633-961
On Monday 3 June the above property was burgeled and all the copper fitting and pipes was stolen as they tried to steal geyser but could get it out. Assessor came out did a good job and I was contacted by absa yesterday 5 June and was told that claim once again rejected.
The value of report was R5800 but excess was R7500 and because the property is vacant. The geyser ect is all part of structural insurance but still no luck.

We had a double dispoinment and our loss is so much. I will appreciate a review of both claims and my next step will be ombudsman.

Franray Klink