AARP Services — united healthcare thru aarp
I have found that the customer service of this company is seriously flawed.
Not the least of the problems is that United Healthcare uses a call center staffed by people for whom English is a second language. That in and of itself if a problem but the fact that the noise of hundreds (?) of "health care advocates" chattering simultaneously is not really conducive to discussion of my health care issues.
So out of the chute, I know the level of respect that the management of United Healthcare (and AARP) accord me. Not much.
I have a condition that requires a minor surgical procedure. The only doctor that does this surgery (within 50 miles or so) is out of network. My request for the ability to use an OON doctor was denied. No explanation. I asked to talk to a supervisor. I was transferred to a person in their call center that proceeded to spend 30 minutes verifying that my request to use a doctor that is OON was denied becasue he is OON!! Then again, there is a language thing going on so really, after 2 hours now, I have no idea what is going on.
BTW, forget communicating via email. UHC does not like talking to you.
Altogether a terrible and insulting experience. I will be exploring alternatives.
More AARP Services Complaints & Reviews
- AARP - travel bag 
- AARP Travel Bag - misrepresented 
- AARP - completely stunned 
- AARP Scsep - treated with no dignity, respect, value 
- AARP Secure Horizons Deluxe Rider - deceptive advertising 
- AARP - aarp does not represent my interests politically 
- AARP Services - tv commercial
- AARP Services - united healthcare prescription plan
- AARP - non qualified tax people! 
- [Resolved] AARP - aarp rewards