24 Hour Fitnessmultiple location closing

I've purchased one of those two year Sport membership deals from Costco. I was very happy as there were many Sport locations around my area. However, it's been a year and they've closed an Express location closest to my house and closed/re-opened two Sports into Super Sports. Now, they send me a letter telling me they will close yet another location that I go to frequently so that they can convert into another Super Sport!

If you look up these locations, they have many negative reviews on Yelp because of "old equipment" and "lack of renovation". 24 Hour's response seems to be "Will give them what they want but they're gonna have to upgrade!". To put more salt on the wound, they also decided to put a Super Sport in my city as if we needed more of them here!

I can tell you right now that there are still many Sports opened in Orange County but most of them are incredibly packed during normal business hours! This is BS! I wished I could get my money back. I'd rather pay less and stick to one gym with less members than many with old equipment and poor upkeep! Shame on you 24 Hour Fitness.

• 24
    24amckinlay Apr 21, 2011

Good Afternoon,

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experiences but would like the opportunity to make it right. I will send you my direct contact information right away so we can discuss further.

I look forward to speaking with you.

A.McKinlay