Complaints & Reviews

My husband and I also have the misfortune of having to deal with 21st Century Mortgage. The company have the laziest bunch of business professionals I have ever dealt with. They will not contact outside insurance companies, you have to contact them and tell them to fax a copy of your payments to them. Also like one of you our payment was late but it was not our fault the post office had lost the payment and they threatened to forclose. We had never been late with payments so this kind of hostility we felt was very rude and unprofessional. My husband recently died and they do not even want to talk about refinacing, why should they when they have us at 13.9% interest.

bogus and decieves

Fighting with this company for ten years. Corrupted, decieves, inaccurate statement, no billing statement, fraundulent, counterfeit fees, harrassing phone called, manipulate and no correct form of tax statement and being sued by this
company and being sue again without proof of where and why I'm being sue for. They even added my wife on the lawsuit and she's not on the house contract. They threaten me every year on Oct. Nov. and Dec. and every year I have to use my irs monies to paid them in Jan. If you know or how to get help please notify me.

• Su
    SUESUE2010 Jul 30, 2011

Hi I am going through a really bad time with 21st mortgage and I am to the point of just walking away and letting them foreclose. I am young and do realize that my credit will be ruined, but what happens to you besides that? Can they garnish my husbands wages? My credit is still good right now to purchase a real home, if I do that and walk away from this mobile home can they take that? Sorry to ask all these questions just really needing some help from someone thats been through that.

fraudulant practices

On 04/13/11 I was forced to do a stop pay on a half payment to 21st Mortgage Co. that was due on 04/15/11 so that I would not incur several other overdraft fees. I called 21st Mortgate at about 8:30 on the morning of 04/15/11 and told them that I had to do the stop payment on their check and let them know that I would pay a payment on 04/22/11 and on 04/29/11 to have the payment in before the end of the month. The supervisor even agreed to this and that was the end of the conversation until the next morning when I reallized that 21st had instead sent a paper check throught to the bank to get aroung the stop pay. There for putting my checking account in default. This seems to be a trend for 21st Mortgage to fraudulantly get more money from their customers. Last month they had the never to send me a letter stating that I had agreed to make a payment on a certain date when I adamently did not because I going on a medical LOA and did not know if the monty would be in my bank in time or not. A couple of years ago they took over my property taxes without even telling me. They just went to the tax department and paid them and raised my mortgage payment by $130. + each month. I never even knew they had paid these until I called to make arrangements to pay these and the tax department told I didn't owe anything that 21st had paid them. When I told 21st I didn't want them to add the taxes into my m ortgage payment they told me I did'nt have a choice that it was already done and I could not stop it now. There is also a matter a a fee of $39.00 that is c harged to the accounts that noone can explain what this fee is. I strongly urge anyone to stay away from 21st Mortgage co. for your own financial welfare. I am retining a lawyer to take care of my legal needs at this point.

evil corporation continually calling with threats & harassment

Victims of 21st mortgage, please read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one. God bless you all and may he give you the strength to fight back!

I would first like to address silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st mortgage corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ what I would like to know is... Who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st mortgage corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over your head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now.in either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... Silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share my experience with 21st mortgage corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one.in this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were never 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors and our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did not get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st mortgage company, please do your homework! Write a complaint to the bbb. Do some research. Report them to the federal trade commission. Call your local ag's office as well as calling ag's office in tennessee. Fight back! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

I found these post on a different website. Very sad.
    1.)21st Mortage, a crappy place to work, a poor choice for customers
    "The only thing worse than having a mortagage with 21st is working for them. Most of us work like slaves for very low salaries. Others get to go play politics and barley work at all. I can't wait to leave this place. The conditions are poor and the morale is worse. Our bosses and the teachers pet care more about politics than they do our customers, who they treat worse than the employees."

2.)Horrible place to work
    "The first day I was there my trainer made a woman cry. I should have left then. I started with 8 other people, 10 months later, I was the last to leave. I kept thinking I could make a difference, and started to realize, one person can't change a culture.
    They reward law breakers that call customers at 4 AM, they make deals with customers they don't keep, they pride themselves on calling customer's brothers, neighbors, grandparents, work to get their money.
    No decent human being could ever stay working there. Sorry for upsetting your families people, I have asked God to forgive me, but I hope you do too."
    Pros: Even in a bad economy, they are still hiring
    Cons: Revolving door for employees - abusing customers

• Ih
    i hate 21st mort Feb 18, 2011

I have had to deal with 21st mort. for about 8 yrs. now. I too always made my payments on time. I fell behind one month, but was not even 30 days late, and was receiving constant phone calls. Not only that but I was receiving forclosure notices in the mail almost daily until I made the pmt. I have had a constant battle with this company. If anyone finds a way to form any kind of lawsuit against these people, Im in. I am sorry to the workers who have to deal with a business like this and hate their work environment. I have a job like that too. But please, please if anyone has a way to firmly deal with this place, please share.

• Li
    lilbigman_78753 May 16, 2011

Can somebody please help me I'm getting calls from 21st mortgage on a daily basis from a guy named John. I'm late this month but it hasn't even been 30 days and they are talking about repossessing my home. I want to know what can I do to fight back against this company. I plan on paying this months rent on May 23rd.

• Us
    [email protected] Jun 06, 2012

Why don't you bums just get a job and make your mortgage payment, like everyone else has to. I'm sick of reading about how horrible mortgage companies are; the fact is, you signed a contract and are obligated to fulfill it. You're the idiot. These people have to call you multiple times per day because you don't answer their calls and try and make arrangements to pay in a timely manner. Stop the self-entitlement and take responsibility. You all make me SICK!

• Ki
    [email protected] Feb 25, 2017

@[email protected] Hey [email protected] you must work for 21 Mortgage, well why don't we meet and you can tell me in person I suck, I will be more than happy to see you in person. People like you are big on the internet but cowards in person. So please meet me if you have the balls. Oh I'm sorry you must be a ####!

do not trust them

Never trust 21st Mortgage company.. If you want to finance a mobile home RUN if you are sent to 21st Mortgage. I owned 10 acres. The only place I ever lived. The only land my children had ever known. Our home caught fire and we needed a quick fix and trusted 21 mortgage. My husband and I, financed an Oakcreek 5 br 3 ba through 21st Mortgage corp. Our dream home. Our floor started sagging really bad in the kitchen. OakCreek informed me that in our loan 21st mortgage did not add the 7 year warranty in. So even though we were told we had a 7 years manu. warranty. We did not. Noone would fix it. We were told it would be over $10, 000 to repair a 9 month old mobile home and put a foundation under it to prvent further damage. My husband had an accident and was out of work. We fell behind 1.5 months. They called daily. Called me a liar. Told me i needed to sell all my posessions to pay them. They had me crying on a daily basis. Told me how i did not care if my children are homeless. I gave up. I got a call from their so called respective attorney. He said if I were to sign a deid of lieu that it would not scar my credit as badly as a reposession. He said there would not be repo notices in the paper or repo signs put on my property. We signed and there are signs everywhere. And repo notices all over the web. I lost my home and my children lost 10 acres to play on. Don't let this happen to you. RUN far and FAST from 21st Mortgage. We have moved on and are very happy. So I can't complain about the outcome of loseing everything I had ever knew. See the sign on my gate and there are more at the actual house on the back of the property.

do not trust them

Silverado99 Feb 11, 2011

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

My comment is for Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one. In this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were NEVER 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors AND our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did NOT get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st Mortgage Company, PLEASE do your homework! Write a complaint to the BBB. Do some research. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. Call your local AG's Office as well as calling AG's Office in Tennessee. FIGHT BACK! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.

Kendal73 Jul 05, 2012

If you have 21st Mortgage and would like to start a class action lawsuit go to this URL

Tell your story and if enough people gets involved the attorneys will become interested.

(Please repost this URL everywhere and lets take action; post it constantly on any complaint so we can become thousands)

• Bi
    Big lump Jul 06, 2012

I agree with you. We need this company to get its stuff straight. When my grandma passed I helped with funeral cost and I called and told them I was going to be late. They chew me up and down.

• Ta
    tammyjm Oct 06, 2012

I cant believe that so many horror stories are just like mind.I agree with and have had 21st harrass, rude, evil, and just the lowest of all.I was also diagnosed with a very serious and life threatening illness.21st never took that in to consideration, instead they took legall actions.I set up an appt. with a lawyer.ive been doing business since 06.the more u pay them the more they harrass if you r running behind.Well i hope someone or all of us can put this company to a forecloser.

Big lump
    Hey big lump did you know you are not legally required for your grandma's debts? If you wanted to pay that's on you to decide. And if they are abusing you you should tell them forget it you are done.
    But write a letter CMRRR. Tell them you had taken kindly to clear your grandma's debts but they abused you and therefore you have rescinded your decision. They have no recourse to you. And if they prove to be tweeps post your questions at debtorboards dot com for further advice or just talk to a lawyer.

th!sman Nov 09, 2012

HOW TO DEAL WITH DEBT COLLECTORS.
    DC push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    -Avoid telephone conversations unless you can record it.
    -Instead use CMRRR. If you talk on the phone follow it with a CMRRR ALWAYS!

bogus fees

Negative Escrow Amount of $1, 771.77 was added to may account for insurance. I contacted 21st and told them I...

terrible customer service

This company has the worst customer service and does not want to work with their customers when they are in...

mortgage

I was wondering with all the complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation and yes I have a long list of them myself and currently am behind in my mortgage due to death in family and unforeseen financial hardships and I have tried working with them. Does anyone know or have they gotten any help in dealing with these people? I have not found any way to deal with them whatsoever? I am not having any luck with trying to deal with them on my own either.

very rude

My husband had started a home loan with this comapny. Our first payment was due on 9/01. well they never took the auto draft out. we had called them to find out why they kept telling us that our loan has not been booked yet. we asked them when they would take it out they said that they would call us and let us know yeah right that never happened. we found out that hard way when it came out 24 days late. we called them yet again we were told that if the loan was behind that they could not do any auto draft. well that was a lie to b/c two weeks later it came out again. every person that i have talked to has been very rude with me yelled at me, has even told me to put the money in the bank now. They dont need to talk to people like that. we are the reason that those clowns have their jobs. They recently told my husband that if he didnt pay they were going to come after me for the loan Im not even on their. Thats not even legal. Im hoping that after a year with this rip off company that we can find another loan comapny that will treat people better. This is nothing but a bunch of ### hole that like to lie and threaten people family.

• Bi
    bigbird922 Feb 18, 2011

I agree these people are very rude and one of the people i talked to wanted to know where each and every penny i spent went to, and i finally got pissed off i told him he wasnt going to talk to me like a kid and i hung up on him. So now we have a different person and he was real rude to my wife about the payment and we are only 2 weeks behind. This time when i call the payment in when i am finished i am going to cuss these mothers out they have no right to talk to anyone the way they do.

• Md
    mdebbie Jun 15, 2011

the same thing has been happening to me i have had acouple of rough months with cars braeking down etc hours cut at work. ive talked to these people they will not help in any way they yell at you and the managers are even worse, telling me if i dont make my payment i need to vacate my home, i have asked them to help they do nothing but harrase you and be rude they even hung up on me. i wish i could find another company that would take over the loan so i dont have to deal with this lieing, rude, and very nasty company any more

• 21
    21stCanSuckABigOne Jul 27, 2011

These people are ###s. I agree with every complaint here. The reps seem to be helpful but when their "supervisors" come on the line, they are VERY rude. I haven't been able to make a payment in a few months due to being cut from work..when I tried to explain this, they didn't want to here it. I told the "supervisor" that I can't send what I don't have and she asked if I had anythng I could sell to come up with a payment! The nerve! I was evin told that my payment could be lowered to $25 a month due to my financial situation...well, when I asked about it they said that it was no longer an option. LIARS! These people were so rude, so condecending and have no remorse for anyone who is having a rough time.Needless to say I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the Knoxville, TN Attorney General. This ### needs to stop. There is NO call in treating people like that. I feel bad enough that I am in this situation without having to be insulted by money hungry ###s in the process. I hope some legal action gets taken on this "company". There needs to be a class action law suit or something.

• 21
    21st employee burned Apr 11, 2012

I worked for these "###s" for nearly 5 years, and believe me, they are no better or no more fair with their employees than they are with their customers (unless you are a political "crony" ) - I've seen them ruin the careers of a number of good credit-management people with their practices, and any young college graduate who really has any ambition at all uses them merely as a career "stepping stone", to get some initial experience, and then "get the hell outa Dodge ! " They are affiliated with Clayton Homes, which owns a good part of Knoxville, TN, and both are "in cahoots" with city government - and boy, do they use it ! Very political company - 21st's CEO is a staunch Republican, who will tell you openly and outright, that he has no use for Democrats, or any representation from that party .. yep - by all means, steer clear !

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

Have to agree with every single persons assessment of this company. I'm in Florida and it's no better with them here either.

Karma is a b**** when it comes to payback and I'm sure they will eventually get theirs back 3 times over what they've dished out. I'd love to see them ran out of business completely. And I'd do anything within my power to see that happen too!

Seriously of thinking of sending a few attorney's I'm acquainted with to this website so they can see just how many people are so rudely and UNPROFESSIONALLY treated by this company! 21st Mortgage doesn't deserve to even exist with their attitude towards THEir customers that PAY their salaries!

upside down

I too have a mortage with 21st. I currently have my mobilehome listed for sale. I owe way more that what it's worth. 21st has said that they would accept a short sale, but I would still be responsible for the difference. Has anyone done this with 21st? If I just stop making my mortgage payments, how long does it take before you are forced to move? Will they come after me, like garnish my wages or something? Does anyone know?

Donna young tim young Mar 20, 2010

please veiw my cmments i made earlier. it explains in detail my issues. on3/5/2010

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

Same deal here, but I live in California, and we are NOT responsible for the difference, same goes in Arizona. DON'T do a short sale. Let it go into foreclosure. Our Realtor said let them do it. Take your chances in front of a judge. File for Bankruptcy like the rich do. It will be OK. in 2 years you'll be buying another home. GO get bankrupcty PROTECTION.

My husbands' company closed doors and blam, out of a job after 12 years. Then after 10 mos. on UI, he finds another job and THAT COMPANY closes doors. So with all of these things happening beyond our control, why should you or I feel guilty?

If jobs are not going to be guaranteed for at least 20 years while people pay of their homes, then any contract we sign, should become null and void. If we cannot sign a contract with an employer for say 5 years of employment, then NO MORTGAGE NOTE should EVER BE for 30 YEARS.

Don't worry anymore. DO you think these billionaire worry about you? Stop paying the mortgage and save every dollar you can (at home not in the bank) No one is going to throw you out because if you read the papers, don't you know we've all been scammed?

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

I forgot to say, if you are still working, file a CHAPTER 13. You'll pay a certain amount according to your wages, for about 3 to 5 years, but after that, YOU OWN EVERYTHING. You'll pay pennies on the dollar.

Foreclosures have been stopped in so many states right now, that by the time they get to you, this could be a done deal. Go get a free consultation with an attorney. We're going to find out that our mortages belong to CHINA or something, believe me.

BTW, did you know Warrren Buffett own 21st mortgage? Think of that when you decide to make your payment on your worthless home. I was looking around for the appraisal. Guess what? Can't find it in the loan docs. What do you bet they were DOCTORED?

We paid $130 for our place in a 5 star high dollar neighborhood, voted one of the TOP TEN cities in Family Circle August issue 2010, and we can't sell our house for more that $40 or $50k. As far as we're concerned, we're more than that much in already, we should OWN IT NOW> LET'S STICK TOGETHER !!!

D&W Oct 13, 2010

do not do it, short sale is not for your benefit. Get legal advice.

• La
    laurav May 24, 2012

I live in Texas and I am only $275.00 short on my mortgage for may of 2012 I will admit I have a history of late payments but I am paying. Well my mortgage company which is 21rst mortgage is threatening to report if not paid by the 31rst. I tried to explain to them that I can pay on the 1rst of June when I get paid but they said no that it has to be posted no later than the 31rst. What should I do, I won't have it until the 1rst. And borrowing it is out of the question.any ideas

• Sh
    sheila631 Apr 13, 2013

They are ruthless. All of these complaints are true. I was renting a manufactured home. And since Aug of last year they had not made a payment. We were not aware. In November we found out after getting a letter in the mail to the owners. We called them and they made a deal with us to make the owners payments which is more than we were paying but were not in the situation to move at that time. Since then they are on the phone constantly, and if we are late they got to get everyone involved, making me feel terrible even if its only gonna be less than 10 days late. They are horrible I would never buy a manufactured home ever, first of all, but to have these people be your lenders they have no sympthoy,

mortgage loan

Our elderly parents were talked in to getting a Loan for a manufacutred Home, 21st Mortgage approved a Loan that has left them in Financial ruined. The Mobile home company that process the paper work did not follow applicable law and questionable behavior. I informed 21st mortgage and they Did nothing to investigate the potencial fraud. This Company should be investigaged by the FBI and THE STATE Tennesse ATTORNEYS OFFICE.

• Sc
    sc2010 Dec 30, 2010

yes thy needs to be invesgated

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

Too bad that url is now a 404 error, page not found! I'd sign up to take their sorry ### down in a heartbeat for the way we're bring treated like criminals!

I have never missed a payment until now, asked to pay partial or interest, to at least show I AM TRYING TO PAY SOMETHING TOWARDS THE LOAN, they refused any of it, they also refuse to put that in writing saying it would have repercussions on them. Well I have news for you 21st mortgage, BY NOT PUTTING IT IN WRITING TO THE CONSUMER, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW.

If anyone that has a loan with you requests something in writing, YOU {21st mortgage} HAVE to give it to them, not give lame excuses, IT IS THE LAW! That to me shows you're hiding something you don't want found out if you can't put it in writing, then apparently what you're telling us is fabrications and out and out lies.

As the old adage states, PUT UP or SHUT UP!

In other words, if you can't give me{us} documentation to verify your claims of NOT being able to accept a partial payment or interest for one month, then you should have to eat the loan and relinquish YOUR rights to said home, because the way I see it, YOU {21st mortgage} are the ones BREACHING THE LOAN CONTRACT by NOT ACCEPTING WHAT IS OFFERED TO YOU.

YOU REFUSE PAYMENT, then YOU SHOULD HAVE TO TURN OVER THE HOME TO THE PERSON ON THE LOAN PAPERWORK.

Unfortunately it seems laws are protecting these ### in some areas and the consumer is the one who gets the shaft.

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

FLORIDA should be investigating these low-life ### at 21st Mortgage too! Most underhanded, rude, obnoxious, condescending, inconsiderate, selfish, heartless people I've ever had the MISFORTUNE to deal with. And I've dealt with a lot of loan/finance companies, but never one like 21st Mortgage! They should be permanently closed down forever and their employees all run out of town on a rail!

illegal practices on home loans

I have had my loan for almost 14yrs. I have never been late once until I recently was disabled from the military. I have not worked since Nov 07 and my daughter has been paying my house note and all my other bills along with her mortgage payment and her own bills. I was contacted by Lisa at 21st Mortgage about my payment being 4 days late. I explained to her that I had told Brad whom also works at 21st Mortgage that I was disabled and have not received my military nor my SSI disability reward yet. I am currently also on food stamps. I was totally disrespected by Lisa and her so called supervisor. Her supervisor stated Lisa would never be disrespectful. But Lisa was and told me I had no options but to pay on time and was told that did not believe me about having no money. After being talked to like a dog from Lisa, I told her to f off and never call my daughters phone again. Just in Aug 09 my daughter paid 6 months in advance. Up until Feb 2010/ So u would think I could be a little late on this payment. Lisa told me they would also charge me a late fee. so i told them to come foreclose on it if they were not willing to work with me. Since they just took over my loan from Cit as of Feb 09. This company is idiots. They are no longer in business as loan officers. All they are are collectors. 21st Mortgage lost being able to loan money or extend payments. So u know what 21st Mortgage go jump in a lake. Do what u got do while I a veteran of 17 yers of the military will do what I have to do. Bring it on u stupid ###s. I could careless what u do. Because ur not getting my payment until I get the money from somewhere to pay u. U sure as hell didnt mind or be disrespectfull when u got my house payments 6 months in advance. But yet ur going to charge me 50 for being late and yell and try to degrade me. Whatever. I have reported 21st Mortgage to the Better Business Bureau and my congressman for Georgia and will continue reporting 21st mortage for their illegall harrassing calls 24/7 and breaking privacy laws. If you need to contact me 21st Mortgage, u know where I live in Georgia.

• Fe
    fedup26 Nov 20, 2010

I litterally cannot stand these people!!! They call us about 10 times a day even after we have kept the agreements and paid what we were suppose too. Everytime i have to talk to a "supervisor" and get to listen to his smartass for 30 minutes telling me how we need to move out since we can 't afford it, and we are only a month behind. Thats why i don't answer there calls anymore! We send them money every week. If we weren't sending anything at all i could understand the rudeness but we are trying. They also said that i had agreed a week before to send a certain amount and I DID NOT. He kept saying yes you did, yes you did. HA I told him his little intimadation talk wasn't going to work on me so try it on someone els. Im sorry all of you people are having to go this too. Does anybody know how far you have to be behind for them to foreclose?? I was thinking three months but not sure . THanks

harrasing liers

My mother passed away in April 2010 and my family had to leave the trailer and move to take care of my father and daughter they were raising, we told 21st mortgage to go and repo the trailer we were voluntarily giving them the trailer back they said they couldn't do that, so we tried to get someone to take up payments on it but they wanted to charge her $5k down and then after she paid for it for 11 years she would of paid $50k for a trailer we only owed $22k on. It was a repo trailer and everything started falling apart on it after we moved in to it. They continuesly harrassed us every month when we were a day late on our payments even harrassed us when we were less than a dollar behind on our monthly payment. They continuesly threatened us that they would start the legal process of repossion every month that we were late but then when we told them to go get it they told us repo was not an oppotion for us and that they could not just go repo it they needed written promision to go pick up the trailer. They told me to have a yard sell and sell my stuff once to make the payment. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT I NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH AGAIN, THEY DO NOT ABIDE BY THE LAW AND ARE RUDE!!!

• Fe
    fedup26 Nov 20, 2010

lmao That sounds about like them to tell you to sell all your stuff in a yard sale. They're freaking crazy dude...seriously. Thats why you have to be a smartass right back to them!!

• Is
    i_spy Dec 13, 2010

these people have told me i can make my car payment or my house payment, its up to me what i want to live in. and they made me send in 23.00 in august to make up for shorting my mortage payments buy a few cents over the course of a few months. my question is they send out default notices when a month past due and notice of acceleration and by law you have to have 30 days and they give you 7 days, which isnt legal are these just scare tactics they use. they arent signed by a lawyer, they are signed by a damned customer service rep... everything i find on the internet says they have to be sent by a lawyer etc, is this one of their scare tactics or do they really do this

• Ta
    tammyjm Oct 06, 2012

omg i cant believe how much everyones stories is like ours.im going to the web site provided.surely enough of us can stop this craziness.OUTRAGED! in La.

• Ms
    mssweetie Oct 09, 2012

My manufactured home mortgage was originally through a different company and I dealt with them for 5 years without a problem. Then enter 21st Mortgage...AHHHH!! These people are indeed extremely rude and make you feel like a child with a dunce cap on. I became disabled in 2010 and had to wait on Social Security disability benefits to start and got behind in my payments...nightmare if there ever was one. Then recently I have had a drop again in income due to bills going up and lot rent etc...Well 21st mortgage told me that in order to make sure I can pay my payment on time that I needed to have garage sales and list in the newspaper for a room mate so that I would at least have someone paying my way!!! How dare they tell me to rent out part of my home to a stranger and sell off my belongings. These people need to understand that sometimes life happens...whether good or bad and you don't always have controlled over your money. If you can help it never ever deal with these buttwipes...they will harrass you forever!

th!sman Nov 09, 2012

No I don't let them harass me. I know my consumer rights. You need to learn yours too. If they smell you don't them they push you around.
    Listen these are high school level derelicts who cannot qualify for a noble worthy career. So do not let them get into your head. Learn your rights so you can beat them at their game. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    -Avoid telephone conversations unless you can record it.
    -Instead use CMRRR. If you talk on the phone follow it with a CMRRR.
    -CMRRR them that you will be contacted by phone/mail, once/twice per week/every two weeks/month (you decide how/when) over this debt. That failure to observe these instructions you shall consider as harassment and you shall seek legal redress against them.
    Have fun turning the table on these wooses.

your privacy does not matter to them

We have been with 21st since 2004. The honeymoon was great for the first couple of years. Then the list of financial issues you can't find in a horror fiction novel hit us. We started getting behind on payments trying to keep up with everything, including the skyrocketing cost of living. We began getting calls if we were two weeks late. They truly don't care, they just want their money now, regardless of your personal issues. At one point, we were about 3 months behind. They were calling my neighbors, my job and my wife's job. We both heard from co-workers about speaking with our mortgage company, because we were "behind on their mortgage and we are trying to locate" us. My parents have been called by them, her parents have been called by them, but best of all, they found my wife's ex mother in law who called us and said our mortgage company had better stop calling her, causing more trouble between her and her ex!

DO NOT try and tell me this is against any company policy! I have one set of neighbors, my wife's ex mother in law, and one of my wife's former employees who have told us they will say in court what these people have done. I would welcome a personal debate with any 21st employeess who will say I'm not being truthful.

Furthermore, we have asked time and again for them to work out a different payment schedule with us. We have been paying 12.25%. They have continuously rebuffed our efforts to save our home, saying they are under no obligation to modify our mortgage. My wife and I are now having to file an
emergency bankruptcy in an attempt to avoid foreclosure.

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

Do the bankruptcy, we did. However, our attorney told us NOT to put the house in the Bankruptcy (a chapter 7) because it would hasten the foreclosure, not stop it. He said our chances were better with a foreclosure judge who may DISMISS the case altogether once they do the math. Also, if you do a Chapter 13 (we couldn't do that because we're on UI benefits) you may only have to pay pennies on the dollar.

I urge everyone dealing with is type of situation to stop paying the mortgage. This is the ONLY WAY, we can PENURE THEM before they PENURE and INDENTURE US>

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

Victims of 21st Mortgage, PLEASE read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one. God Bless you all! I know what your going through.

First off, I need to address Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint', is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

BTW, check out this link and see what 21st Mortgage employees are saying about their own employer! This company is one of the most ruthless I've come across in all my years of fighting against injustice!

terrible mortgage company

I had my mobile financed through chase mortgage in 2000; was told by 21st mortgage out of knoxville, tn back...

very evil people

My sister made a loan through them and then she was diagnosed with chordoma cancer. Her and my mother were living in the manufactured home at the time of her diagnoses. She became disabled because of the cancer and during the switch from her job salary to disability (and only during that time) she became more than thirty days past due. She had to wait on the disability and promised 21st mortgage she would catch up. Well during this period of time, she had to go into the hospital to have ONE of the tumors removed that was pressing against her brain. These people called over and over DURING her surgery, insisting to speak with her!! Half of her face was already paralyzed because of the invasive tumor and I kept telling them ALL OF THIS. I eventually had to explain, in detail, that for her to get to the phone I would have to make the doctor stop the surgery and try to wake her from the almost coma state they had to put her in for the surgery. I was stilled called a liar. This was in 2007, she had been paying regular on this loan since 2002. Well she passed away in Nov. of 2007 swearing that in her contract with this company that she was covered in case of death and it would pay off the loan. NOPE!!! Not covered! Now, they know she has passed and the assault has shifted to my mother, who has been trying to pay off this debt and keep this home. They will come to the house and threaten her. They will call the neighbors so the neighbors will come to her and threaten her. It does not matter if you try to make arrangements with them, because the initial case worker is nice but they have to transfer your call to a supervisor to get the arrangement approved. THEN YOU HERE IT!!! You are humiliated and degraded by the time you hang up with this one. The supervisor will not ONLY tell you what kind of irresponsible, lowlife trash you are, he will also add that he thinks your trying to skirt through life for FREE...and it takes him about 35 to 45 minutes to say that. My mother is 60 years old with degeneritive arthritis. She has had two knee replacements and needs two hips. She walks with a walker but needs a wheelchair. My husband and I have tryed to help out when we can and man the phones, THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO ANSWER THE PHONE CALLS. You get tired of repeating the same thing over and over. This bill may fall behind but it is always caught up. Since 2002, $25, 000.00 still owed. Have been paying insurance THROUGH THEM with the note and had water damage after Katrina, NOT COVERED!!! Now it is turning into mold damage, NOT COVERED!! They sent their own insurance man out to inspect and take pictures. NOT COVERED!! No help from FEMA because the home was insured. LOL Yeah right!!! Well one good thing from all that, if they do come out to get the crappy trailer, it will fall to bits before they can get it of the lot. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM 21st MORTGAGE!!!

cat222 Apr 29, 2011

Our Mortgage was sold to them about 7 years ago. 21st mortgaga has rewritten the terms of our loan without our consent there is no more grace period original loan we had 10 days, - late charge original loan $5.00 now $15.00- never an over the phone fee now if I am running a little late and call in my payment or pay on-line there is an $10.00 fee called a convenience fee, they say it is state law in our state for this fee...Well I did my homework and found out that convenience fee was against the law in our state and they had to reimbursed me that fee which added up to a little more then 1 payment, which they still to this date havent sent me a check for money owed they refuse to talk to me when I call on this matter I have been told any fee owed to me will be subtracted from what I owe them ...I highly reccommend that you do your homework before signing anything with them..

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

Completely agree! wish I never heard of this sorry mortgage company.

First mortgage company I've ever dealt with that won't accept a little less than the current amount because of other issues that came up or just the interest payment, no, they REFUSE EVERYTHING YOU TRY TO ASK POLITELY OF THEM only to have your face planted firmly in the dirt.

I only asked tp pay the interest or even a little over half what the normal payment is due to a death in the family and loss of income.

I have NEVER been late, not one time!

21st MORTGAGE are the most insensitive, uncaring, selfish, and rudest people I have ever dealt with in all my years of dealing with loan and finance companies.

I have never experienced anything like this, not until now.

If I could get another loan company to take over my loan for my mobile home, I'd do it a heartbeat, because 21st mortgage employees to me have turned out to be nothing but jerks. I'd use a lot stronger language, but those that have and are dealing with this lousy company know exactly what I and others mea and feel about them.

I, too, am really surprised these people are still operating, let alone still in business!!

• Pr
    Prissy Mae Feb 24, 2017

I have dealt with 21st for almost 10 years and the rudeness only seems to get worse. I make one payment per month, but when I took over payments they were 1 payment behind. I am a one income household, just barely making it from payday to payday, but I do make 1 payment per month. Every time I call in, I get the same crap, speech, about selling furniture, borrowing from someone, getting a second job, etc. Last year they had the audacity to tell me my teenage daughter needed to get a job to help me with the bills since she was living in the house...really????? Today I made 2 payments to catch up the notes because I got a little more on my income tax refund and I won't be able to make another payment for at least another month or longer since I have been off work with an injury. As soon as I was told that I was now caught up, he immediately wanted to know if I would be making another payment on next Friday since they know when I get my paychecks. I told him I would not get a check then, and when I get my first check I'll have to pay other bills. He then told me his expectations were for me to make the payment by March 15th and I needed to borrow money from family to make sure that happened. I told him my expectations were for him to kiss my ... and hung up. I have now filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I only have 6 years left and the house will be paid for I don't know that I can endure much more of the crap they dish out. If I ever get to travel to Tennessee, I will make sure I go see where all the rude people reside!!!

fraud and tila violations

The FBI has established a Mortgage Fraud Task Force. If you feel you have evidence of fraud against 21st Mortgage Corporation please contact the nearest FBI office. An intake specialist will take your complaint. It is then forwarded to the investigatos with the Mortgage Fraud Task Force. From there, they review your complaint and determine if fraud or predatory lending occured and will iniate a case, if so. Even if your home has alraedy been foreclosed upon, it is not too late.

It is imperative that these crooks are stopped and we need to use all available means possible to put a stop to 21st Mortgage Corporations fraudulalant activity. We are not just helping ourselves, we are saving perspective homebuyers of the future from going through the same fraudulent lending violations and fraudulant foreclosures.

Darci013 Dec 03, 2010

That is funny I tried calling the local FBI with complaint against them, got nowhere at all. No help at all not even an intake questions to find out anything just they were no help whatsoever.

Darci013 Dec 03, 2010

I found no help whatsoever in calling the local FBI to lodge complaint issues or even to find out if they had any ongoing issues with 21st Mortgage Corporation. So I found no help whatsoever with the local FBI.

• Ll
    Lloyd Vaughan May 08, 2017

Once again we run into trouble wit this company. Of course they make it as difficult as they possibly can for the consumer to make a payment. If you do not agree to their auto-draft, you can either call in a payment or go to some place like WalMart and use MoneyGram, both less convenient options, than say, using a bank card on the internet. Now who would possibly think of something like that??? How difficult could that be for a multi-million, or billion dollar corporation with ties to Warren Buffet himself to have a convenient, yet modern website with a secure connection to pay your bill using your bank card? That would make it too easy for the consumer not to mention it would give them instant confirmation that their payment was accepted. Ah but our friends at 21st would rather use insecure means or third parties to accept payments. You may ask yourself, now why in heaven's name would they exercise this option instead of now accepted modern means? In my observation, it is quite simple and obvious. It would seem 21st would rather have the option and opportunity to post a late payment on your account than show it on time. This allows them to accrue additional late fees and even, if you aren't keeping track...to show you further behind on your payments than you thought.

My latest case in point has to do with our last month's bi-monthly payment. I thought it was odd that I received a certified letter from a Mr. Patel stating I had until June 3rd to pay them 1.5 months' payments or they would accelerate my debt. Now let's closer examine the situation. My payments were up to date through March and I had made 1/2 month's payment for April early in April. The second half was made through MoneyGram at WalMart on Tuesday the 25th of April with a 1 dollar fee guaranteeing fund transfer within 3 business days. According to MoneyGram's records, the funds were received by 21st before the weekend of the 28th. Technically the payment should have been posted on our account no later than Monday, May 1st, but lo and behold, I check my online account record with 21st this morning and the payment did not post until May 5th, which was this past Friday. With this evidence I am prepared to contact legal counsel to expose yet another poor business tactic practiced by 21st by not posting credits to a customer's account in a timely manner, therefore allowing a customer's account to slip past due into the next month.

I have proof in my possession that not only shows 21st received my payment before the end of the month, but held it as long as a week so it slipped into the next month, so our account would be shown 1 month delinquent. Nice try, 21st, but keep in mind some of your customers are well educated and have access to legal counsel, federal trade and business practice laws and are aware of what your responsibilities as a debt collector are as well. We also know how to track our money in this era. Furthermore I would strongly advise you to end the practice of sending acceleration notices to customers who are less than a month behind in their payments, particularly in cases where you did indeed, receive payment but, but elected to hold the payment into the next calendar month. The US FTC has a term for this and laws against it. You can be held liable not only as a corporation, but individually as representative for said company.

they are an awesome company

I have this mortgage provider and ican say I have never had any problmes whatsoever. Liz wilson is the best...

unlawful and harassing

Do NOT do business with this company. They will harass you 2 to 3 times a day, lie to you to get personal...

harrassment

These people are awful calling and threatning you. Yes we have fallen a little behind on the payments but who doesnt fall on hard times with this economy going on . These people at 21st mortage will call you and threaten to repo your house if you are one day behind. I have only come across one person in everyone that we have talked to over there that was helpful. This is the second mortage I have had with them not by choice and have gone through the same thing as the first.

Donna young tim young Mar 04, 2010

HELLO, WE HVE BEEN HARRASED, THREATEND, AND OVER CHARGED BY ST MORTAGE SINCE 2008! WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? [email protected]

Donna young tim young Mar 05, 2010

also we had esscrow with the company to pay taxes on property and they did not pay 2008 or 2009 taxes because of this we were charged pentalys and attorany fees threw tax office. 21st took no rsponabilty for charges and added the charges to our acct for us to pay. we have had a very hard year, and they harrsed us, mad fun of our hard times. and on top of that the house was not set up correctly and not to hud standards. but we signed papersstating this was hud loan. we had sent hard ship letters to lower payment, did no good. we asked for deferrment. did no good. we were approved 2 times with differant companys with lower rates, and did not get loan due to house not set to hud standerds. a state inspecter came out to inspect house and wrote them p finanlly after 4 tomes of them coming out i guess it is right now.also, we were charged amout for labor to do water line and under pending witch we done our selfs. on top of it all the company we bought house from told us to say house was set before it was so they could get their money from 21st . we had to make first payment before we lived in house. also due to no under pending and no duct under ouse (during) WINTER OUR ELECTRIC WAS OVER 400.00 A MONTH. WE ALL GOT SICK, I MISSED WORKED AND LOST MY JOB DUE TO THIIS. we finanlly mad them give us under pending rented truck and trailer took off work again went to greenville got it and put up our self. we did not get light fixture for hall way. and cabnit were not glued they apart still. and the guys who workedon house stained our carpet. if this is not enugh, the fire place was not legally installed and is of no use to us. our payments were898.00 a month now 1186.00 we are at our ends. whatcan we do? also the said they would homestead our land and did not witch has cost us more money. how is this right?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices