Having problems with 21st Mortgage?

21st Mortgage reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 4, 2008. The latest review Late payment was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint managers in customer service was resolved on Mar 19, 2018. 21st Mortgage has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 79 reviews. 21st Mortgage has resolved 41 complaints.

21st Mortgage Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 21st Mortgage Customer Service. Initial 21st Mortgage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 21st Mortgage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 21st Mortgage. Discuss the issues you have had with 21st Mortgage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

21st Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

21st Mortgage — harrassment and rude

This company calls and harasses people even when you are one day after your due date. they also are not...

21st Mortgage Companyharassment

In late 2010 Tammac Corp. sold our loan to 21st Mortgage Company. In late August 2010 my husband suffered heart failure and was rushed to Pittsburgh Shady-side hospital, he had open-heart surgery and was given a triple bypass. Of course he was unable to work for a long time...we worked out the payment to the mortgage company and struggled for a year, made payments...This company harnessed us at every move..calling 7 days a week, wanting payments even before they was due, asked all our personnel info on where I spent our money, wanting to know every cent we came across..hounded us at every move for their payments. They wanted us to ask for help from family and friends to make payments, they wanted us to get State help for food and shelter...they even went through a checklist of our personal products we use, like: personal hygiene products, pet foods, entertainment costs...on and on and on...they asked for info that they did not need... Threatened us with Foreclosure all the time, threatening to take our home, our shelter...I am struggling everyday to keep my husband alive and taking care of our handicapped daughter also, and they hounded and hounded us to no end. THEY ARE STILL at it..because I am one payment late because I had to re summit husbands unemployment for an extension...and that slowed income up and shortened us by a weeks income...I WISH someone could help us...but I feel that wont happen..these MONSTERS need to be stopped!!! We DID NOT choose this company to handle our Loan and We DO NOT recommend this company to NO ONE!!!

• Mo
      Mouse2011 Oct 19, 2011

Darline Burkey you need to contact the Fedral Trade Commisson at [protected] to file a complaint and then you need to contact your state Attorney General and file a complaint as well as calling the Tennesse Attorney General at [protected]. I hope this helps they are a corrupt company, i have experienced the same harassement and rudeness and i was laid off and we have struggled as well. I hope this helps.

21st Mortgageneed help

My husband and I purchased a mobile home through 21st mortage and we were newlyweds buying what we thought was right at the time. We were told at closing we would have 13% interest rate, but could refinance in two years if we had made perfect payments for that time and with no money down. It has been three years now that we have been paying automatic withdrawal perfect payments the whole time. I called recently to see about refinancing for a lower interest rate and was told that I would have to pay 7500.00 to refinance and it would only bring it down to a 10% interest rate and thats if they decided to refinance for us. I asked what my balance was and I was told 74, 000 and I thought that cant be right so I had them tell me what the beginning loan amount was 3 years ago and I was told 76, 000. I asked how can that be we pay 983.00 dollars a month and we have not even made a scratch on our home loan. So I am needing help badly someone please tell me what can happen if we just walk away from this. If we purchased an actual real home before we leave this trailor can they take that? My husband and I are young and have worked hard to have great credit and I do realize that will be affected, but 21st mortgage has done nothing but lie to us. We had every intention to refinance within the time frame do have a decent monthly payment but this is crazy. Can they garnish my husbands wages? I really do not know what to do, but I cant imagine keep paying 983.00 a month and it just goes to them and not making a change in my loan amount at all?? Someone please answer soon and help. Thank You I live in MS also.

Kendal73 Jul 05, 2012

If you have 21st Mortgage and would like to start a class action lawsuit go to this URL

Tell your story and if enough people gets involved the attorneys will become interested.

(Please repost this URL everywhere and lets take action; post it constantly on any complaint so we can become thousands)

cnbt Mar 01, 2012

My boyfriend bought his place for 12, 000 he borrowed 15, 000 to have it moved set up & everything that was 6 years ago the 1st year he paid like 415 a month then the note went to 349 a month its been that for 4 or so years we have paid 26, 000 & we still owe 17, 000 more by the time its paid off we will have paid 43, 000 on a 15, 000 dollar loan. We owed 18, 000 a year ago we called few weeks ago to see how much we still owed & it only came down a 1000 bucks & we have paid right @ 4300 towards it this past year now somebody please tell me how you can pay 4300 & it only came down 1000 bucks... I mean were to the point were we wanna just let it go back I mean we might as well be renting a place cause we just throwing our money away with these sorry ### folks. Whats bad its a 1997 model & in bad shape. They blow your phone up if your 1 day late making payment they talk to you like your a piece of ### we was 18 days past due they told me they was coming to get it if I didnt send them the note right then. My name ant even on the loan its in my boyfriends name & they keep telling me that I'm just as respocible for the note as he is okkkk I dont think so I dont owe them ### a dime. They have asked me how much child support I get how much we getting back in taxes just all kinds of crazy mess its none of their freaking business how much child support I get or how much we get back on taxes. We are so fed up with these folks. There really looks like we could slap a law suite against them.

cnbt Feb 29, 2012

I don't know who the manager is I've dealt with but her & the other lady are complete ###. I have never dealt with a company like these people if your 1 day late they will blow your phone up it's ridiculous & what's bad my name ant even on the house its my boyfriends & they tell me I'm just as responsible for the notes as he is. They have asked me how much child support I get a month that's none of their business we was 18 days late making payment & I was told they was coming to get it. They even asked how much freaking tax money we was getting back. Well after the payment was made & the next months payment were ahead don't owe till April they still acted like ###s asking me if the home was vacant okkk what does that matter they got their money so why do they wanna know if anybody is staying in it @ the time. Last year @ this time we owed 18000 on a 1997 model which is a dump when we called few weeks ago to see how much we still owed its only came down 1000 bucks & we have paid 4300 in this past years time you tell me what the hell is really going on... Paid that much in a year & its only came down 1000 bucks lets get real here people this company is a complete ripoff & if everybody they doing this way would get together hopefully we could stop this mess!!! Were @ the point now soon as we can find something else we will either try to trade it in towards another one or just let it go back

• Ea
        Easy-E Feb 14, 2021

@cnbt I have the exact same problem with them. Even at Christmas they asked me do your kids need Christmas or a place to live?! I wish to God I would have never heard of 21st Mortgage they are ripoff scam artist! Hopefully someday soon someone will step in and say thats enough and get some legal involved...

• Pa
        Paula Bain Feb 07, 2012

In 2006 I bought a new double wide. I put down 25, 000 but my interest rate was 13% told if paid timely payments for two years could refinance get lower rate. I have applied every since 2007 sometimes twice and there is always an excuse. My crediting rating was low when they approved the loan yet that seems to be there reason not refiance. Sometimes my credit score is low simple because information came off the report. Upon purchase the dealer failed to advise me about a foundation required to get a Hud loan. I was not even given that opition they just automatically used 21St mortgage. Now I can not get in govt modicafions or help because of the foundation issue. Having I put down 25, 000 I could have paid the 1500 for the foundation right then. I'm on disability and it really hurts.

21st Mortgageharrassment

I will first state that my payment with21st mortgage was 10 days late at the time of this incident. I received a call from the collections department of 21st mortgage so they could ask when I planned to send my payment. The representative was polite but once her manager Renee got on the line to confirm the arrangement the conversation turned for the worse. I have never in my life been talked to with such disrespect in all of my life! The collections manager Renee would not accept an honest answer about the next months payment after she wanted me to tell her what kind of money or payment I would have a month from now. I told her I wasn't sure that I could definitely send the next payment on the 15th but that I would try and that wasn't good enough for her. She them implied that I was a dishonest person just because I was late on my payments, that I lie and since I could not guarantee the exact date of the next payment she informs me that they will expect daily communication. That's harassment! If I tell them what I know I can do and when I know I can do it, any questions beyond that is irrelevant to the issue I was called about. I would like to say again, Renee in the collections department of 21st mortgage is the most disrespectful, rudest, and worst example of a manager a mortgage company could ever employ. If mortgage companies would learn how to talk to people with decency and respect, they might would have better results in collecting delinquent accounts

• Cr
          cricketw70 Aug 12, 2013

I have been dealing with this horrible company since 2003! Every complaint I have read is right on!!! They harass you on the telephone. When you answer they put you through to their manager who is a total ### and wonder why I wont answer the phone when they call. Threaten repo! repo! Im only 2 weeks late! Someone needs to shut this company down and hold them accountable for their actions. I just would like to see the roles reversed and see how they would feel being treated like this. I am a good person trying to raise my children. Its a damn shame! They have even sent goons out to my house to take pictures to make sure my house is still there. All because I wont answer the phone. I cant talk to these people!

• Sm
          smitty71553 May 29, 2012

I am not surprised at any of this I'm reading, knowing them as I do, and having worked for them nearly 5 years .. they are unscrupulous in their collection practices advocating inhuman treatment, and using any ploys at their disposal in order to collect their quota - there are a few rare cases where it is done with some modicum of tact and respect, but for the most part, the collections/financial counselors area is made up of new college graduates, most of them still hung over from 4 years of partying (how many of them completed their degrees is beyond me ..) .. this company is very internally political, and it is publically political, making no bones about its Republican leanings - you want to make an enemy of Tim Williams, the CEO ? ... just let him know you are some political party other than Republican - and may God have mercy on your soul if you're an 'active' Democrat, and he or his management cronies have knowledge of it. ..they can make your life miserable .. altho' i would hate it for friends I still have there, I too, would like to see them "shut down" for good !

• Vw
          V WIDEMAN Apr 26, 2012

They r complete [censored]es I western union them my brothers payments because he drives atruck and he's on the road a lot, they would try to discuss his account with me, that's not my business and I let them know that if he wanted me to know any details about his account he would tell me, they kept talking so I let them speak to TONE...dial tone!

cnbt Feb 29, 2012

I don't know who the manager is I've delt with but her & the other lady are complete ###. I have never delt with a company like these people if your 1 day late they will blow your phone up it's ridiculess & what's bad my name ant even on the house its my boyfriends & they tell me Im just as responciable for the notes as he is. They have asked me how much child support I get a month that's none of their business we was 18 days late making payment & I was told they was coming to get it. They even asked how much freaking tax money we was getting back. Well after the payment was made & the next months payment were ahead dont owe till april they still acted like ###s asking me if the home was vacant okkk what does that matter they got their money so why do they wanna know if anybody is staying in it @ the time. Last year @ this time we owed 18000 on a 1997 model which is a dump when we called few weeks ago to see how much we still owed its only came down 1000 bucks & we have paid 4300 in this past years time you tell me what the hell is really going on... Paid that much in a year & its only came down 1000 bucks lets get real here people this company is a complete ripoff & if everybody they doing this way would get together hopefully we could stop this mess!!! Were @ the point now soon as we can find something else we will either try to trade it in towards another one or just let it go back

21st Century Mortgage — My husband and I also have the misfortune of having to deal with 21st Century Mortgage

My husband and I also have the misfortune of having to deal with 21st Century Mortgage. The company have the...

21st Mortgage Company — bogus and decieves

Fighting with this company for ten years. Corrupted, decieves, inaccurate statement, no billing statement...

21st Mortgage Companyfraudulant practices

On 04/13/11 I was forced to do a stop pay on a half payment to 21st Mortgage Co. that was due on 04/15/11 so that I would not incur several other overdraft fees. I called 21st Mortgate at about 8:30 on the morning of 04/15/11 and told them that I had to do the stop payment on their check and let them know that I would pay a payment on 04/22/11 and on 04/29/11 to have the payment in before the end of the month. The supervisor even agreed to this and that was the end of the conversation until the next morning when I reallized that 21st had instead sent a paper check throught to the bank to get aroung the stop pay. There for putting my checking account in default. This seems to be a trend for 21st Mortgage to fraudulantly get more money from their customers. Last month they had the never to send me a letter stating that I had agreed to make a payment on a certain date when I adamently did not because I going on a medical LOA and did not know if the monty would be in my bank in time or not. A couple of years ago they took over my property taxes without even telling me. They just went to the tax department and paid them and raised my mortgage payment by $130. + each month. I never even knew they had paid these until I called to make arrangements to pay these and the tax department told I didn't owe anything that 21st had paid them. When I told 21st I didn't want them to add the taxes into my m ortgage payment they told me I did'nt have a choice that it was already done and I could not stop it now. There is also a matter a a fee of $39.00 that is c harged to the accounts that noone can explain what this fee is. I strongly urge anyone to stay away from 21st Mortgage co. for your own financial welfare. I am retining a lawyer to take care of my legal needs at this point.

21st Mortgage Corporationevil corporation continually calling with threats & harassment

Victims of 21st mortgage, please read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one. God bless you all and may he give you the strength to fight back!

I would first like to address silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st mortgage corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ what I would like to know is... Who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st mortgage corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over your head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now.in either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... Silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share my experience with 21st mortgage corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one.in this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were never 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors and our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did not get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st mortgage company, please do your homework! Write a complaint to the bbb. Do some research. Report them to the federal trade commission. Call your local ag's office as well as calling ag's office in tennessee. Fight back! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.

• Us
              [email protected] Jun 06, 2012

Why don't you bums just get a job and make your mortgage payment, like everyone else has to. I'm sick of reading about how horrible mortgage companies are; the fact is, you signed a contract and are obligated to fulfill it. You're the idiot. These people have to call you multiple times per day because you don't answer their calls and try and make arrangements to pay in a timely manner. Stop the self-entitlement and take responsibility. You all make me SICK!

• Ki
              [email protected] Feb 25, 2017

@[email protected] Hey [email protected] you must work for 21 Mortgage, well why don't we meet and you can tell me in person I suck, I will be more than happy to see you in person. People like you are big on the internet but cowards in person. So please meet me if you have the balls. Oh I'm sorry you must be a ####!

• Li
              lilbigman_78753 May 16, 2011

Can somebody please help me I'm getting calls from 21st mortgage on a daily basis from a guy named John. I'm late this month but it hasn't even been 30 days and they are talking about repossessing my home. I want to know what can I do to fight back against this company. I plan on paying this months rent on May 23rd.

• Ih
              i hate 21st mort Feb 18, 2011

I have had to deal with 21st mort. for about 8 yrs. now. I too always made my payments on time. I fell behind one month, but was not even 30 days late, and was receiving constant phone calls. Not only that but I was receiving forclosure notices in the mail almost daily until I made the pmt. I have had a constant battle with this company. If anyone finds a way to form any kind of lawsuit against these people, Im in. I am sorry to the workers who have to deal with a business like this and hate their work environment. I have a job like that too. But please, please if anyone has a way to firmly deal with this place, please share.

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

I found these post on a different website. Very sad.
              1.)21st Mortage, a crappy place to work, a poor choice for customers
              "The only thing worse than having a mortagage with 21st is working for them. Most of us work like slaves for very low salaries. Others get to go play politics and barley work at all. I can't wait to leave this place. The conditions are poor and the morale is worse. Our bosses and the teachers pet care more about politics than they do our customers, who they treat worse than the employees."

2.)Horrible place to work
              "The first day I was there my trainer made a woman cry. I should have left then. I started with 8 other people, 10 months later, I was the last to leave. I kept thinking I could make a difference, and started to realize, one person can't change a culture.
              They reward law breakers that call customers at 4 AM, they make deals with customers they don't keep, they pride themselves on calling customer's brothers, neighbors, grandparents, work to get their money.
              No decent human being could ever stay working there. Sorry for upsetting your families people, I have asked God to forgive me, but I hope you do too."
              Pros: Even in a bad economy, they are still hiring
              Cons: Revolving door for employees - abusing customers

21st Mortgagedo not trust them

Never trust 21st Mortgage company.. If you want to finance a mobile home RUN if you are sent to 21st Mortgage. I owned 10 acres. The only place I ever lived. The only land my children had ever known. Our home caught fire and we needed a quick fix and trusted 21 mortgage. My husband and I, financed an Oakcreek 5 br 3 ba through 21st Mortgage corp. Our dream home. Our floor started sagging really bad in the kitchen. OakCreek informed me that in our loan 21st mortgage did not add the 7 year warranty in. So even though we were told we had a 7 years manu. warranty. We did not. Noone would fix it. We were told it would be over $10, 000 to repair a 9 month old mobile home and put a foundation under it to prvent further damage. My husband had an accident and was out of work. We fell behind 1.5 months. They called daily. Called me a liar. Told me i needed to sell all my posessions to pay them. They had me crying on a daily basis. Told me how i did not care if my children are homeless. I gave up. I got a call from their so called respective attorney. He said if I were to sign a deid of lieu that it would not scar my credit as badly as a reposession. He said there would not be repo notices in the paper or repo signs put on my property. We signed and there are signs everywhere. And repo notices all over the web. I lost my home and my children lost 10 acres to play on. Don't let this happen to you. RUN far and FAST from 21st Mortgage. We have moved on and are very happy. So I can't complain about the outcome of loseing everything I had ever knew. See the sign on my gate and there are more at the actual house on the back of the property.

do not trust them

• Ta
                tammyjm Oct 06, 2012

I cant believe that so many horror stories are just like mind.I agree with and have had 21st harrass, rude, evil, and just the lowest of all.I was also diagnosed with a very serious and life threatening illness.21st never took that in to consideration, instead they took legall actions.I set up an appt. with a lawyer.ive been doing business since 06.the more u pay them the more they harrass if you r running behind.Well i hope someone or all of us can put this company to a forecloser.

• Bi
                Big lump Jul 06, 2012

I agree with you. We need this company to get its stuff straight. When my grandma passed I helped with funeral cost and I called and told them I was going to be late. They chew me up and down.

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

My comment is for Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one. In this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were NEVER 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors AND our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did NOT get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st Mortgage Company, PLEASE do your homework! Write a complaint to the BBB. Do some research. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. Call your local AG's Office as well as calling AG's Office in Tennessee. FIGHT BACK! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.

Silverado99 Feb 11, 2011

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.

21st Mortgage Corporation — bogus fees

Negative Escrow Amount of $1, 771.77 was added to may account for insurance. I contacted 21st and told them I...

21st Mortgage — terrible customer service

This company has the worst customer service and does not want to work with their customers when they are in...

21st Mortgage Corporation — mortgage

I was wondering with all the complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation and yes I have a long list of them...

21st Mortgagevery rude

My husband had started a home loan with this comapny. Our first payment was due on 9/01. well they never took the auto draft out. we had called them to find out why they kept telling us that our loan has not been booked yet. we asked them when they would take it out they said that they would call us and let us know yeah right that never happened. we found out that hard way when it came out 24 days late. we called them yet again we were told that if the loan was behind that they could not do any auto draft. well that was a lie to b/c two weeks later it came out again. every person that i have talked to has been very rude with me yelled at me, has even told me to put the money in the bank now. They dont need to talk to people like that. we are the reason that those clowns have their jobs. They recently told my husband that if he didnt pay they were going to come after me for the loan Im not even on their. Thats not even legal. Im hoping that after a year with this rip off company that we can find another loan comapny that will treat people better. This is nothing but a bunch of ### hole that like to lie and threaten people family.

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

Have to agree with every single persons assessment of this company. I'm in Florida and it's no better with them here either.

Karma is a b**** when it comes to payback and I'm sure they will eventually get theirs back 3 times over what they've dished out. I'd love to see them ran out of business completely. And I'd do anything within my power to see that happen too!

Seriously of thinking of sending a few attorney's I'm acquainted with to this website so they can see just how many people are so rudely and UNPROFESSIONALLY treated by this company! 21st Mortgage doesn't deserve to even exist with their attitude towards THEir customers that PAY their salaries!

• 21
                  21st employee burned Apr 11, 2012

I worked for these "###s" for nearly 5 years, and believe me, they are no better or no more fair with their employees than they are with their customers (unless you are a political "crony" ) - I've seen them ruin the careers of a number of good credit-management people with their practices, and any young college graduate who really has any ambition at all uses them merely as a career "stepping stone", to get some initial experience, and then "get the hell outa Dodge ! " They are affiliated with Clayton Homes, which owns a good part of Knoxville, TN, and both are "in cahoots" with city government - and boy, do they use it ! Very political company - 21st's CEO is a staunch Republican, who will tell you openly and outright, that he has no use for Democrats, or any representation from that party .. yep - by all means, steer clear !

• 21
                  21stCanSuckABigOne Jul 27, 2011

These people are ###s. I agree with every complaint here. The reps seem to be helpful but when their "supervisors" come on the line, they are VERY rude. I haven't been able to make a payment in a few months due to being cut from work..when I tried to explain this, they didn't want to here it. I told the "supervisor" that I can't send what I don't have and she asked if I had anythng I could sell to come up with a payment! The nerve! I was evin told that my payment could be lowered to $25 a month due to my financial situation...well, when I asked about it they said that it was no longer an option. LIARS! These people were so rude, so condecending and have no remorse for anyone who is having a rough time.Needless to say I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the Knoxville, TN Attorney General. This ### needs to stop. There is NO call in treating people like that. I feel bad enough that I am in this situation without having to be insulted by money hungry ###s in the process. I hope some legal action gets taken on this "company". There needs to be a class action law suit or something.

• Md
                  mdebbie Jun 15, 2011

the same thing has been happening to me i have had acouple of rough months with cars braeking down etc hours cut at work. ive talked to these people they will not help in any way they yell at you and the managers are even worse, telling me if i dont make my payment i need to vacate my home, i have asked them to help they do nothing but harrase you and be rude they even hung up on me. i wish i could find another company that would take over the loan so i dont have to deal with this lieing, rude, and very nasty company any more

• Bi
                  bigbird922 Feb 18, 2011

I agree these people are very rude and one of the people i talked to wanted to know where each and every penny i spent went to, and i finally got pissed off i told him he wasnt going to talk to me like a kid and i hung up on him. So now we have a different person and he was real rude to my wife about the payment and we are only 2 weeks behind. This time when i call the payment in when i am finished i am going to cuss these mothers out they have no right to talk to anyone the way they do.

21st Mortgageupside down

I too have a mortage with 21st. I currently have my mobilehome listed for sale. I owe way more that what it's worth. 21st has said that they would accept a short sale, but I would still be responsible for the difference. Has anyone done this with 21st? If I just stop making my mortgage payments, how long does it take before you are forced to move? Will they come after me, like garnish my wages or something? Does anyone know?

• Sh
                    sheila631 Apr 13, 2013

They are ruthless. All of these complaints are true. I was renting a manufactured home. And since Aug of last year they had not made a payment. We were not aware. In November we found out after getting a letter in the mail to the owners. We called them and they made a deal with us to make the owners payments which is more than we were paying but were not in the situation to move at that time. Since then they are on the phone constantly, and if we are late they got to get everyone involved, making me feel terrible even if its only gonna be less than 10 days late. They are horrible I would never buy a manufactured home ever, first of all, but to have these people be your lenders they have no sympthoy,

• La
                    laurav May 24, 2012

I live in Texas and I am only $275.00 short on my mortgage for may of 2012 I will admit I have a history of late payments but I am paying. Well my mortgage company which is 21rst mortgage is threatening to report if not paid by the 31rst. I tried to explain to them that I can pay on the 1rst of June when I get paid but they said no that it has to be posted no later than the 31rst. What should I do, I won't have it until the 1rst. And borrowing it is out of the question.any ideas

• Da
                    D&W Oct 13, 2010

do not do it, short sale is not for your benefit. Get legal advice.

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

I forgot to say, if you are still working, file a CHAPTER 13. You'll pay a certain amount according to your wages, for about 3 to 5 years, but after that, YOU OWN EVERYTHING. You'll pay pennies on the dollar.

Foreclosures have been stopped in so many states right now, that by the time they get to you, this could be a done deal. Go get a free consultation with an attorney. We're going to find out that our mortages belong to CHINA or something, believe me.

BTW, did you know Warrren Buffett own 21st mortgage? Think of that when you decide to make your payment on your worthless home. I was looking around for the appraisal. Guess what? Can't find it in the loan docs. What do you bet they were DOCTORED?

We paid $130 for our place in a 5 star high dollar neighborhood, voted one of the TOP TEN cities in Family Circle August issue 2010, and we can't sell our house for more that $40 or $50k. As far as we're concerned, we're more than that much in already, we should OWN IT NOW> LET'S STICK TOGETHER !!!

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

Same deal here, but I live in California, and we are NOT responsible for the difference, same goes in Arizona. DON'T do a short sale. Let it go into foreclosure. Our Realtor said let them do it. Take your chances in front of a judge. File for Bankruptcy like the rich do. It will be OK. in 2 years you'll be buying another home. GO get bankrupcty PROTECTION.

My husbands' company closed doors and blam, out of a job after 12 years. Then after 10 mos. on UI, he finds another job and THAT COMPANY closes doors. So with all of these things happening beyond our control, why should you or I feel guilty?

If jobs are not going to be guaranteed for at least 20 years while people pay of their homes, then any contract we sign, should become null and void. If we cannot sign a contract with an employer for say 5 years of employment, then NO MORTGAGE NOTE should EVER BE for 30 YEARS.

Don't worry anymore. DO you think these billionaire worry about you? Stop paying the mortgage and save every dollar you can (at home not in the bank) No one is going to throw you out because if you read the papers, don't you know we've all been scammed?

• Do
                    Donna young tim young Mar 20, 2010

please veiw my cmments i made earlier. it explains in detail my issues. on3/5/2010

21st Mortgagemortgage loan

Our elderly parents were talked in to getting a Loan for a manufacutred Home, 21st Mortgage approved a Loan that has left them in Financial ruined. The Mobile home company that process the paper work did not follow applicable law and questionable behavior. I informed 21st mortgage and they Did nothing to investigate the potencial fraud. This Company should be investigaged by the FBI and THE STATE Tennesse ATTORNEYS OFFICE.

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

FLORIDA should be investigating these low-life ### at 21st Mortgage too! Most underhanded, rude, obnoxious, condescending, inconsiderate, selfish, heartless people I've ever had the MISFORTUNE to deal with. And I've dealt with a lot of loan/finance companies, but never one like 21st Mortgage! They should be permanently closed down forever and their employees all run out of town on a rail!

Cataptra LeMagicka Dec 31, 2013

Too bad that url is now a 404 error, page not found! I'd sign up to take their sorry ### down in a heartbeat for the way we're bring treated like criminals!

I have never missed a payment until now, asked to pay partial or interest, to at least show I AM TRYING TO PAY SOMETHING TOWARDS THE LOAN, they refused any of it, they also refuse to put that in writing saying it would have repercussions on them. Well I have news for you 21st mortgage, BY NOT PUTTING IT IN WRITING TO THE CONSUMER, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW.

If anyone that has a loan with you requests something in writing, YOU {21st mortgage} HAVE to give it to them, not give lame excuses, IT IS THE LAW! That to me shows you're hiding something you don't want found out if you can't put it in writing, then apparently what you're telling us is fabrications and out and out lies.

As the old adage states, PUT UP or SHUT UP!

In other words, if you can't give me{us} documentation to verify your claims of NOT being able to accept a partial payment or interest for one month, then you should have to eat the loan and relinquish YOUR rights to said home, because the way I see it, YOU {21st mortgage} are the ones BREACHING THE LOAN CONTRACT by NOT ACCEPTING WHAT IS OFFERED TO YOU.

YOU REFUSE PAYMENT, then YOU SHOULD HAVE TO TURN OVER THE HOME TO THE PERSON ON THE LOAN PAPERWORK.

Unfortunately it seems laws are protecting these ### in some areas and the consumer is the one who gets the shaft.

• Sc
                      sc2010 Dec 30, 2010

yes thy needs to be invesgated

21st Mortgage Coillegal practices on home loans

I have had my loan for almost 14yrs. I have never been late once until I recently was disabled from the military. I have not worked since Nov 07 and my daughter has been paying my house note and all my other bills along with her mortgage payment and her own bills. I was contacted by Lisa at 21st Mortgage about my payment being 4 days late. I explained to her that I had told Brad whom also works at 21st Mortgage that I was disabled and have not received my military nor my SSI disability reward yet. I am currently also on food stamps. I was totally disrespected by Lisa and her so called supervisor. Her supervisor stated Lisa would never be disrespectful. But Lisa was and told me I had no options but to pay on time and was told that did not believe me about having no money. After being talked to like a dog from Lisa, I told her to f off and never call my daughters phone again. Just in Aug 09 my daughter paid 6 months in advance. Up until Feb 2010/ So u would think I could be a little late on this payment. Lisa told me they would also charge me a late fee. so i told them to come foreclose on it if they were not willing to work with me. Since they just took over my loan from Cit as of Feb 09. This company is idiots. They are no longer in business as loan officers. All they are are collectors. 21st Mortgage lost being able to loan money or extend payments. So u know what 21st Mortgage go jump in a lake. Do what u got do while I a veteran of 17 yers of the military will do what I have to do. Bring it on u stupid ###s. I could careless what u do. Because ur not getting my payment until I get the money from somewhere to pay u. U sure as hell didnt mind or be disrespectfull when u got my house payments 6 months in advance. But yet ur going to charge me 50 for being late and yell and try to degrade me. Whatever. I have reported 21st Mortgage to the Better Business Bureau and my congressman for Georgia and will continue reporting 21st mortage for their illegall harrassing calls 24/7 and breaking privacy laws. If you need to contact me 21st Mortgage, u know where I live in Georgia.

• Fe
                        fedup26 Nov 20, 2010

I litterally cannot stand these people!!! They call us about 10 times a day even after we have kept the agreements and paid what we were suppose too. Everytime i have to talk to a "supervisor" and get to listen to his smartass for 30 minutes telling me how we need to move out since we can 't afford it, and we are only a month behind. Thats why i don't answer there calls anymore! We send them money every week. If we weren't sending anything at all i could understand the rudeness but we are trying. They also said that i had agreed a week before to send a certain amount and I DID NOT. He kept saying yes you did, yes you did. HA I told him his little intimadation talk wasn't going to work on me so try it on someone els. Im sorry all of you people are having to go this too. Does anybody know how far you have to be behind for them to foreclose?? I was thinking three months but not sure . THanks

21st Mortgageharrasing liers

My mother passed away in April 2010 and my family had to leave the trailer and move to take care of my father and daughter they were raising, we told 21st mortgage to go and repo the trailer we were voluntarily giving them the trailer back they said they couldn't do that, so we tried to get someone to take up payments on it but they wanted to charge her $5k down and then after she paid for it for 11 years she would of paid $50k for a trailer we only owed $22k on. It was a repo trailer and everything started falling apart on it after we moved in to it. They continuesly harrassed us every month when we were a day late on our payments even harrassed us when we were less than a dollar behind on our monthly payment. They continuesly threatened us that they would start the legal process of repossion every month that we were late but then when we told them to go get it they told us repo was not an oppotion for us and that they could not just go repo it they needed written promision to go pick up the trailer. They told me to have a yard sell and sell my stuff once to make the payment. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT I NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH AGAIN, THEY DO NOT ABIDE BY THE LAW AND ARE RUDE!!!

• Ms
                          mssweetie Oct 09, 2012

My manufactured home mortgage was originally through a different company and I dealt with them for 5 years without a problem. Then enter 21st Mortgage...AHHHH!! These people are indeed extremely rude and make you feel like a child with a dunce cap on. I became disabled in 2010 and had to wait on Social Security disability benefits to start and got behind in my payments...nightmare if there ever was one. Then recently I have had a drop again in income due to bills going up and lot rent etc...Well 21st mortgage told me that in order to make sure I can pay my payment on time that I needed to have garage sales and list in the newspaper for a room mate so that I would at least have someone paying my way!!! How dare they tell me to rent out part of my home to a stranger and sell off my belongings. These people need to understand that sometimes life happens...whether good or bad and you don't always have controlled over your money. If you can help it never ever deal with these buttwipes...they will harrass you forever!

• Ta
                          tammyjm Oct 06, 2012

omg i cant believe how much everyones stories is like ours.im going to the web site provided.surely enough of us can stop this craziness.OUTRAGED! in La.

• Is
                          i_spy Dec 13, 2010

these people have told me i can make my car payment or my house payment, its up to me what i want to live in. and they made me send in 23.00 in august to make up for shorting my mortage payments buy a few cents over the course of a few months. my question is they send out default notices when a month past due and notice of acceleration and by law you have to have 30 days and they give you 7 days, which isnt legal are these just scare tactics they use. they arent signed by a lawyer, they are signed by a damned customer service rep... everything i find on the internet says they have to be sent by a lawyer etc, is this one of their scare tactics or do they really do this

• Fe
                          fedup26 Nov 20, 2010

lmao That sounds about like them to tell you to sell all your stuff in a yard sale. They're freaking crazy dude...seriously. Thats why you have to be a smartass right back to them!!

21st Mortgageyour privacy does not matter to them

We have been with 21st since 2004. The honeymoon was great for the first couple of years. Then the list of financial issues you can't find in a horror fiction novel hit us. We started getting behind on payments trying to keep up with everything, including the skyrocketing cost of living. We began getting calls if we were two weeks late. They truly don't care, they just want their money now, regardless of your personal issues. At one point, we were about 3 months behind. They were calling my neighbors, my job and my wife's job. We both heard from co-workers about speaking with our mortgage company, because we were "behind on their mortgage and we are trying to locate" us. My parents have been called by them, her parents have been called by them, but best of all, they found my wife's ex mother in law who called us and said our mortgage company had better stop calling her, causing more trouble between her and her ex!

DO NOT try and tell me this is against any company policy! I have one set of neighbors, my wife's ex mother in law, and one of my wife's former employees who have told us they will say in court what these people have done. I would welcome a personal debate with any 21st employeess who will say I'm not being truthful.

Furthermore, we have asked time and again for them to work out a different payment schedule with us. We have been paying 12.25%. They have continuously rebuffed our efforts to save our home, saying they are under no obligation to modify our mortgage. My wife and I are now having to file an
                        emergency bankruptcy in an attempt to avoid foreclosure.

silverado99_sickens_me_to_death Feb 12, 2011

Victims of 21st Mortgage, PLEASE read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one. God Bless you all! I know what your going through.

First off, I need to address Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint', is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

BTW, check out this link and see what 21st Mortgage employees are saying about their own employer! This company is one of the most ruthless I've come across in all my years of fighting against injustice!

janejoad Oct 04, 2010

Do the bankruptcy, we did. However, our attorney told us NOT to put the house in the Bankruptcy (a chapter 7) because it would hasten the foreclosure, not stop it. He said our chances were better with a foreclosure judge who may DISMISS the case altogether once they do the math. Also, if you do a Chapter 13 (we couldn't do that because we're on UI benefits) you may only have to pay pennies on the dollar.

I urge everyone dealing with is type of situation to stop paying the mortgage. This is the ONLY WAY, we can PENURE THEM before they PENURE and INDENTURE US>

21st Mortgage — terrible mortgage company

I had my mobile financed through chase mortgage in 2000; was told by 21st mortgage out of knoxville, tn back...

21st Mortgage — very evil people

My sister made a loan through them and then she was diagnosed with chordoma cancer. Her and my mother were...