Having problems with 21st Mortgage?

21st Mortgage reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 4, 2008. The latest review Late payment was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint managers in customer service was resolved on Mar 19, 2018. 21st Mortgage has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 79 reviews. 21st Mortgage has resolved 41 complaints.

21st Mortgage Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 21st Mortgage Customer Service. Initial 21st Mortgage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 21st Mortgage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 21st Mortgage. Discuss the issues you have had with 21st Mortgage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

21st Mortgage Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

21st Mortgage Corporationcustomer service

This is absolutely the WORST company I have ever dealt with. They are rude and disrespectful. It's bad enough when life happens, divorce, job loss, sickness and death. If you get a little behind they harass and badger you for payments like you are the ### of the earth. They really operate as a collection agency and not a reputable mortgage business. I only pray they never get in the position I am in and are treated they way they bully people. I am seriously considering taking legal action because someone in authority needs to know how they operate. I do not believe the Make Home Affordable Program was meant to be handled this way.

21st Mortgagemobile home

I have had all of the same issues with 21st including them call me a squatter when I was just 3 days late with my payment. I have tried The Better Business route but they just administratively close your complaint without resolving it . If you are tired of being treated like this please file a formal complaint with the FBI mortgage fraud task force - If you are tired of being treated like this please file a formal complaint with the FBI mortgage fraud task force https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/mortgage-fraud

21st Mortgage — customer service

I have a home loan with this company. This past month I was laid off of my job suddenly due to contracting...

21st Mortgage Corp — unprofessional / rude / poor management

If you are late on payment these employees will treat you with absolute rude behavior and total disrespect...

21st mortgagerude harassing and unprofessional

buying our first home 2 years ago we went thru this company 6 months after we signed papers my husband was in a horrible car accident and broke his back the day the payment was due they started calling and at one point said unless his legs got cut off he needs to get up go work and pay his bill. They have yelled harassed and will even leave text messages and voice message up to 6 times a day they call 2 days before payments are due. I had to tell them to quit calling and texting us we will pay the payment just like we do every month. they threaten to take the home away every phone call. Then to make matters worse we found out that we we paying them taxes $16000 more than we even paid for our home and they havent fixed the tell us that what they feel the home is actually worth so instead of paying taxes on a mobil home we paid $32, 000 for we pay taxes on $48.000 and it hasnt changed after all the request. So now we are stuck with a company with no compasion and very rude and disrespectful employees. God forbid you people ever fall on hard times and you have to deal with people that treat you like your company treats people by the way the people you treat like this pay your wages so maybe you ought to realize that when you treat people this way it will come back to bite you in the rear.

21st Mortgage Co — terrible company

21st Mortgage is the worse company to be with for your mortgage, we lived in our mobile home for 16yrs in the...

21st Mortgagerude unprofessional

21st Mortage. Very bad I can't wait till I get away from them. If our payment is due on the 15, they will blow our phones up all day on the 15!! They have asked me in phone conversations how much our light bill is, phone bill, car payments, etc. they think they need to know all this info when it is none of their business. They have also called at 9 PM. We have 2 kids that's a No no!! We fell behind due to an emergency surgery for our son and there response " we don't care about your son nor his surgery, if you cared about your son you would be more worried about a roof being over his head!" Now this happened on the 21st 6 days after the payment was due!!! I truly hate this company and I don't see how they are not shut down. I'm sick of the loan officer Jeremy weaver we get harassing phone calls from him ALL the time!!!

• Jr
            jreni Dec 04, 2014

They are ridiculous and very rude. We are going to refinance this loan or pay it off asap. I faxed them under no circumstances are they to call husband or myself. Our loan was sold to them without our knowledge which I think should be illegal, because we would have NEVER chosen them as our lender. I refuse to talk to them and if they ever call my neighbor I will not hesitate to file harassment charges, I am going to file a FTC complaint on them because they cross the line with their badgering. You do not have to talk to them, you don't have to talk to anyone you do not want to, its a basic human right.

• Un
            Unhappy Owner 2014 Jun 21, 2014

I refuse to speak to ANYONE there. They are EXCEEDINGLY rude and enjoy belittling their customers. I was being harassed constantly for being a few days late. The harassing phone calls would not stop (extremely annoying). They demand that you call them to review your account and will ask you 100 questions regarding your income and bills. I finally blocked them on my phone and will ONLY communicate with them via email. Now I have peace of mind!

• Sh
            sheila631 Apr 13, 2013

They are jerks and don't care if you have food on the table to feed your kids your electric bill paid or your child died. They just want their money

• Su
            Suckit21st Mar 20, 2013

I feel your pain. Here's some tips - even though this applies to third party collection companies.. send a cease and desist letter. Most companies will still follow it.. read up on it though as some lenders will escalate it further.. another option - block the number as its the same number. And a third option is my most favorite - get another mortgage and move if your credit rating and debt ratio is low enough and then default (strategic default) - If you plan on living there, there will be a repo but only for 7 years - they cant touch the new home - God Bless America!

21st Mortgage Co — do not use them

I have had my mortgage with this company since day one. Five years ago we had to file bankruptcy due to...

21st Mortgage Companyrude and disrespectful

first of all I lost my job 2.5 years ago and have went back to school to try and find employment, I graduated from school with my degree and have started working but our savings went south. I am constantly harassed by this co. They tell me to borrow from friends, family or to sell something to make my payment. Yes it is behind, yes I know we owe them, yes it will be paid like all the other payments have been! My issue with this co is the level of respect and the comments made to make me feel like a sub human! They have even asked me what our money goes to, how do we spend it, what do we buy???? Really????? this is against the Fair Debt Collection Act and they get away with it! I work for several attorneys and yes I will be asking one for help on this. I finally had to hang up on them today after they made me feel like the ### of the earth.

disgusted in KY Jan 02, 2013

Simply calling about the debt is not the purpose of the complaint

disgusted in KY Jan 02, 2013

ad hom·i·nem (hm-nm, -nm)
              adj.
              Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.
              [Latin : ad, to + hominem, accusative of hom, man.]
              ad homi·nem adv.
              Usage Note: As the principal meaning of the preposition ad suggests, the homo of ad hominem was originally the person to whom an argument was addressed, not its subject. The phrase denoted an argument designed to appeal to the listener's emotions rather than to reason, as in the sentence The Republicans' evocation of pity for the small farmer struggling to maintain his property is a purely ad hominem argument for reducing inheritance taxes. This usage appears to be waning; only 37 percent of the Usage Panel finds this sentence acceptable. The phrase now chiefly describes an argument based on the failings of an adversary rather than on the merits of the case: Ad hominem attacks on one's opponent are a tried-and-true strategy for people who have a case that is weak. Ninety percent of the Panel finds this sentence acceptable. The expression now also has a looser use in referring to any personal attack, whether or not it is part of an argument, as in It isn't in the best interests of the nation for the press to attack him in this personal, ad hominem way. This use is acceptable to 65 percent of the Panel. · Ad hominem has also recently acquired a use as a noun denoting personal attacks, as in "Notwithstanding all the ad hominem, Gingrich insists that he and Panetta can work together" (Washington Post). This usage may raise some eyebrows, though it appears to be gaining ground in journalistic style. · A modern coinage patterned on ad hominem is ad feminam, as in "Its treatment of Nabokov and its ad feminam attack on his wife Vera often border on character assassination" (Simon Karlinsky). Though some would argue that this neologism is unnecessary because the Latin word homo refers to humans generically, rather than to the male sex, in some contexts ad feminam has a more specific meaning than ad hominem, being used to describe attacks on women as women or because they are women, as in "Their recourse ... to ad feminam attacks evidences the chilly climate for women's leadership on campus" (Donna M. Riley).

disgusted in KY Jan 02, 2013

I have looked at your profile 182 comments since 11/12/12. None of which are considerate or supportive. Just an arrogant attempt to be mean to others. I suggest you move on

disgusted in KY Jan 02, 2013

I think you need to read the complaint again. Do you work with them?

21st Mortgagerude!

My husband was approved for a loan through 21st mortgage 6 months ago. We found out in mid November we had bed bugs in our home. I walked to our neighbors home to ask if they had been having any issues with bed bugs or known anyone else in the mobile home area that has had this problem. They said they weren't having bed bug problems but knew they owners that lived in the home just a few weeks before we bought the house had been dealing with bed bugs, couldn't get rid of them so they left everything. All my neighbors vouch the previous owners left the house as it stood with everything they owned in it.
            So 21st came in and did their sloppy job of cleaning everything up, painting, and laying new carpets. Knowing fully well there was a bed bug problem. Sold us the home anyway. It cost us $1, 800.00 to have terminix come in to do a treatment with a 90 day guarantee. On top of that our dog fell ill and had to have surgery to remove a mass in his stomach, that cost $1, 500.00. My husband hasn't been getting many hours at work and over just that short time we blew through our saving and fell late on all our bills, including our mortgage.
            A man named John called last night at 9:00pm from 21st Mortgage. We were all asleep so I called him back at his extension today. He was very rude right from the beginning and wanted to know the reason why we were late. I tried to explain to him we had bed bugs and a sick dog. He told me my mortgage payment should ALWAYS come first no matter what. I brought up the bed bugs again, he told me that was my problem and maybe I should clean my home better. I told him how sick my dog was, he told me I should have let him die. That I had to make the payment by the end of the day or we would be kicked out. I told him my husband got a Christmas bonus on the 21st and I could pay then. He wouldn't budge. Told me I should sell some jewelry for the money. I told him I didn't have any valuable jewelry. He told me to sell my wedding rings. I started to get upset and he must have heared my 3 year old daughter in the background because he told me as a Mother it is my responsibility to take care of my child and that included keeping a roof over her head, and that I wasn't fit to be a Mother. At this point I'm sobbing on the phone.
            He told me the only way I could pay was Money Gram but said he wasn't going to give me the information because he didn't trust I was going to make the payment, and wanted to know how I planned on working out my finances so that it wouldnt happen again. I'm a very shy and meek person, and often let people manipulate me and bully me, which is what he was cleary doing. After begging him he finally gave me the information to make the payment.
            I went to Walmart and made the payment after borrowing money from my brother, came home where my aunt showed up. She saw how upset I was and called the supervisor at 21st. She was just as rude and understanding, said I didn't deserve sympathy and that I need to learn how to budget my bills. There was nothing she could do and that they record all conversations for quality and she didn't see anything wrong with the way John talked to me. Tired of beating a dead horse my aunt hung up.
            I feel very wronged by 21st for selling me an infested house. For being so rude, for treating me the way they did, and for the supervisor to do nothing. How does a company like this even make it? If you have any plans on buying a home through 21st please do not do it! Very unmoral and unethical company!

• Ro
                Rosa P. Jan 26, 2015

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I recently was laid off and have explained my situation to them many times but they still call and harass us. Asking questions that have no correlation to what is going on and being extremely rude. I talked to 2 supervisors and they all are very rude. Good luck. You are not alone. Also I'm downloading an app on my phone to start recording calls from them. So I have proof of their harassment.

• Kc
                KC'S Mom May 20, 2013

I'm having the same problems with them! I think we all need to ban together & sue them for harrassment!

• Su
                Suckit21st Mar 09, 2013

Look up strategic default. God bless America

21st Mortgage — harassed and belittled

My son was injured severely in a car accident last year so we have been struggling to make our payments. They...

21st morgatgerudeness

I am a 48 year old disable man with a wife and three kids, who are trying to pay all my bills when I am suppose to. but things do happen She had to have surgery on her shoulder and they said she will be unable to work for at least three months maybe more. And this has put a hard strain on all. Me the most cause I am doing all I can to pay 21st. Each month the best I can. My days are short witch they do not care at all then they lied to me about taking my home. I spoke to my attorney and was told he is just blowing hot air. Even if they send the intent to repo as long as a payment is sent in the allotted time nothing they can do but blow hot air. Most of the people there are nice but this one supervisor who has no care for no one but the money he makes. Just put him in my shoes for one week or any one who is dyeing and knows it but is still willing to keep on paying his honest debt the best he can. I say Whoa unto him for his days on earth are number least he fine Christ. Just a shame how rude a man can be to someone who is doing his best to pay his bill. Then list ions in on a phone call cause he knows he done wrong. Well he will have some sleepless nites cause God says do not hurt my children which he has done. Please pray for this mans lost soul which hes has stated he does not care about it . but will when it is to late before God. Thank you Jesus for Justice. Amen

21st Mortgage Corporationpayoff

I paid my loan off with 21st Mortgage Corp., but yesterday I got a brand new payment book in the mail. Of course I was told it was a computer error. What if I wasn't aware of my payoff date? LAME!!!

• Et
                    ethos Aug 16, 2012

Of course they are fishing. What you need to do right now is to document everything and keep it for life. If you don't have anything that shows paid off in full, write them a cease and desist letter from collecting further amounts from you. The letter should be CMRRR. Also object to the new book and send it back. Demand a "paid in full note/acknowledgement, something, etc." That's how you deal with artificial amnesia!

• Am
                    Amesleylynn Aug 16, 2012

My loan was paid off with 21st Mortgage last month yet I got a whole new payment book in the mail. What the hell?! Thank god I knew it was wrong, but what if I wasn't aware of my payoff date? Lame.

21st Mortgagecalling for our neighbors debt

21st Mortgage has called our home daily for the past week asking us to contact our neighbor - who is their customer - in regards to her debt. we have zero to do with company & our neighbors debt. the have NO reason to call us. we do not work for them. they state our neighbors FULL name each time they call our home. never heard of this company until the calls started, but sure found numerous websited dedicated to complaining about them. shocking that after so many complaints nothing has been done to make them stop. we complained to the FTC, BBB & our state attorney general's office.

• Nu
                      nunyabidnaz Jul 16, 2012

Tell your neighbor and let them know this illegal action can result in $1000 fine on the collection agency paid to you if you turn them into the FTC which is an easy process. The rules are posted there for actions that are illegal for Fair Debt Collection. Don't let these ### get away with it.

• Ka
                      karmaseye Jul 16, 2012

I would let your neighbor know, and next time they call you, explain to them that it's against the law and punishable by fines if they contact you- nevermind just you, your neighbors can sue too.
                      Could be company found your info if public-they get creative.

Might want to ask your neighbor in case they (oddly) for some reason gave that company your info as an emergency contact, reference or something?

I would also look up as much as you can about that company. becareful saying yes on the phone! the words themself can be recorded & used to do things in your name. lots of fraud start like what ur expieriencing.

good luck!

21st Mortgage — forclosure

21st finally got their wish and my daughter moved out of the trailer she had financed thru them the first...

21st Mortagefraudulent company

These company made fraud . They made us sign paperwork without letting us know what it said. Due too lack of not knowing english. They also took over my 5 acre land that I had paind in full. I pain down $3000 in downpaymen. I dont know how but they ended with my land. I put 1 acre in the paperwork and now if I loss the mobile home I loss my 5 acre land. Also I started to pay $850 a month back in 2007 and they told me it was going to be the same payment for 30 years. But now in 2012 thaey say that I have to pay $1423 a month i dont know how it could that be and besides the principal amount instead of going dowm the amount is going up. I dont know how Oakcreek homes can use these company for loans.When the paperwork was done they falsified signatures and they had 2 differebts interest rates. Please people lets get together to close these company I am about to loose my home because they never worked with me in the payments. Let get together and close them . Email me and make a big complaint at [protected]@hotmail.com.

• Li
                        LICK MY BALLS May 18, 2013

That John guy is a ### and they are so rude and un professional they told me I had to sell something to make the payment, I wish I was in Tennessee. If payment is not there on the due date they are blowing your phone up or someone else's phone totally harassment, keep doing it I guess they don't care, but what ever, i'm no the only one in this world that is 2 weeks or a month behind on there payment, ### HAPPENS. WHAT A JOKE of A company can't believe no one has visited them yet. (LOL)

dia3766 Mar 12, 2012

question if you don't know english how could you make this complaint? Second why would you ever sign something that you could not read?

21st Mortgage, TNrude, harrassing, just an all around bad company

These people are unbelievably rude... As a first time home buyer, we were told that 21st mortgage was the way to go by a local realtor. Should have known when the interest rate came back at 12.5%, but we figured it was a penalty for not having much credit out there. Almost immediately they would start calling a few days before our loan was even due, and then if we were not home or did not answer our phone, they would start calling our references. ridiculous! In 2011 We were in a car accident and were unable to pay our payment on-time, I asked them if they could re-age our loan and let us tack that months payment onto the end of our loan because my husband was out of work for a month. They replied that they never do loan modification and that we needed to call family or sell some of our possessions to pay. Needless to say, we ended up paying late and They have been harassing us every month. They call family and friends and tell them lies, they have even called my husbands place of work and have said some downright evil things about my husband. We are ready to just leave our house and let hem have it due to their behavior. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Da
                          Dancing Outlaw Mar 30, 2012

You might want to know how loans work before signing any sort of contract. Request an amortization schedule. Here is a helpful link you can obtain by using a website called 'google' and searching for 'amortization schedule':

Since the interest portion of your monthly principal + interest payment (which will never change throughout the life of your loan) is calculated from your principal balance, you are paying much more interest compared to principal at the beginning. This is because your initial principal balance is at it's full amount. Thus, your loan amortizes much more slowly at the beginning of your loan, but you will gradually be making a bigger payment toward principal as the years go on because your principal balance is in fact decreasing. There WILL be a point when the majority of your monthly payment will be more than your interest portion. You can see when this will occur by looking at said amortization schedule. Imaging

In closing, it is not surprising your principal balance only decreased by $2000 in 3 years. Your loan is amortizing as intended and is a result of a simple mathematical calculation.

• Ti
                          Tiredofitwalkingawayfromitall! Jan 31, 2012

We are at the same point. We fell behind but still paid and instead of them changing the date for a few months so that our payment wasnt late they decided to call about 5 times a day...We have been yelled at, spoken to like we were children, told to sell our stuff, borrow money, theyve been told if any of that was an option our payment would not be late! We were treated like noone should be treated and have decided its not worth staying here. Our house has been settling and is literally falling apart and it is suppose to be a new home and every wall has cracks and every ceiling is coming apart. We called on the warranty and they sent a guy and he just wiped something on the cracks um we could of done that ourselves..Ive been doing alot of reading on this company lately I wish I had before we moved into this house. Ive learned that if you have an escrow account to pay your insurance and taxes that that doesnt happen so becareful. This is something that I need to check into. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!

21st Mortgage — they need to be shut down

If anyone can help it would be great. I have had to request (it took 2 yrs for them to comply) in writing...

21st Mortgage — bad loan

About 10 yrs ago I heard a advertisement to refinance my home for a lower rate, That was 21st mortgage, they...

21st Mortgage Companyendless complaints

I'm going to start out my complaint by saying for the past 10 years of owning our home we haven't had an issue. Our loan has been sold off before. We signed with CIT then went to Green Tree and Now we have 21st Mortgage Company. Our problem started not evening 15 days after we got the letter/info on the transfer of the loan. They took it upon them self to pay our year late taxes. We had a agreement with Green Tree that we would pay them. Green Tree was just fine with this and we were doing just fine. We had medical issues come up and Green Tree was a great company and understood. So, when we told 21st Mortgage what the agreement was they said well it is "Our Policy" to make sure they are paid in full to avoid risk of losing money on their investment. Well we didn't sign their Policy Agreement we signed CIT's, our original loan provider. Well, we are still paying our payment ON TIME but without their additional escrow. Well there is more they asked for proof of insurance, so we provided them 4 faxes of the deceleration page. They didn't accept what was sent so they added their own. Well, it gets better. We offered to pay off the taxes they paid we were going to borrow money from a family member. Well, they said NOPE once Escrow is started it can not be taken off of your account. So, now the phone calls begin. We're still on time with our original payments. They asked if there was something we could sell or if we had two cars if we could sell one. That my friend is over the line. They are now threatening us with Foreclosure. I'm ready for them to just take the damn house. I'm fed up with the bull and I just wish they'd sell our loan off. So, we are far from over with the bull I'm sure.. but I just wanted my Complaint to be heard.

• Te
                            texas pride Dec 30, 2011

we had the same problem with them taking it upon themselves paying our taxes and adding it to our payment and i told them that was not on our contract and they said it is their policy and it will have to stay on there for the duration of the loan! we went from 667 a month to 878 a month...we to are being threatened with foreclosure and i refuse to talk to them any longer, they are rude and try to degrade you...we had one person tell us, what your a adult and cant pay your bills!! ppl are having a hard time and i think we are fully aware of what a hard time we are having and i sure dont need anyone talking to me like that and i wont put up with it!! i dont see how this company gets away with the way they treat us?? we have a friend that has this company as well and is having the same problem too, im to the point where im tired of the phone calls 4-5 times a day and having to explain myself like a child...i wish we could get out from under them..i work with the public and i would never treat ppl the way they do and i could not live with myself having that kind of attitude..i think this company looks for ppl without compassion and a heart...this is our home and its on family property with 3 acres put up with it and we really dont want to loose it but at this point we are ready to give up and let them have it just to be done with the harassment!!

• Kj
                            K.JASON Dec 15, 2011

Well, let me start off by saying that me & my husband @ the time got our home about 13 years ago. We had Chase for about the first 8 years & were never late. They sold our mortgage to 21st and every since same thing we were never late up until a year ago. Me and my husband separated and he was not & still is not trying to help me in any way. I told this to 21st & they didn't care. Its hard for me to make the payments on time. But I try to say as current as possible. I be like 36 days late and they act like I'm about 6 months late. Don't get me wrong they do have a few with hearts and understand hardship. But for the most of them they don't, they LIE to you to get u to send money that you don't have. A lot of the things that they tell you are untrue and sometimes against the law. I was once told that I could not send one payment, that I would have to send 2 payments or it would not be excepted, they have told me that they was going to send foreclosure papers. Well I spoke with a loan counselor & was told that they can't really do anything until your at least 3 months behind. I cant wait until I'm caught up & hope to never fall behind again so that I would never have to hear from them again. They have such bad attitudes.