Having problems with 1-800-PetMeds?

1-800-PetMeds Customer Service Contacts

420 S. Congress Ave Suite 100
Delray Beach, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 1-800-PetMeds Customer Service. Initial 1-800-PetMeds complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 1-800-PetMeds above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 1-800-PetMeds. Discuss the issues you have had with 1-800-PetMeds and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

1-800-PetMeds Complaints & Reviews

1800petmeds.com — Do not order from them

customer service is a failure. I bought several meds for my old dog that were recommended by our vet. I...

Dadeville

1-800-PetMeds — unprofessional lack of customer service

As requested, asked my vet to fax prescription to 1800petmeds for two medications. My vet told me "we...

1800petmeds.comthey lost my order and haven't provided any decisions

I was shocked that the company www.1800petmeds.com misled me. I have bought medicine and supplements for my dog from this place, but they somehow lost the order. I was desperate and called them every day, but these guys promised to find the order or to send another one, but it was useless promises. After 5 days I still got nothing about the order. They tipped-toed around the problems and didn’t want to solve it. Not recommended place.

• PetMeds Pros Aug 13, 2015

We do have an unconditional satisfaction guarantee. Please provide us with your order number or customer number so we can resolve this for you.
      ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

1800petmeds.comthis site is a complete rip off

Today, 01-23-13 cosequin plus msm (60 count) at 1800petmeds... $35... At walmart... $19.99... And that is not a sales price either. If people would take the time to open their eyes they'd see this site is s complete rip-off!!! Shop around people!!!

• Abby, PetMeds Pro Jan 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no way to beat all the prices in the nation. For that reason, we meet all competitors' prices at time of order. If you find a lower price including shipping on the identical product from a Vet-VIPPS® accredited online pet pharmacy, we will honor that price at the time of order as long as the product is FDA/EPA approved for sale in the United States. The price being matched must be a product dispensed by an accredited licensed-pharmacy or veterinarian residing in the United States.
        ~ Abby, PetMeds Pro

1800petmeds.comunauthorized information storage

I was planning on purchasing from 1800petmeds.com but I have to mail in my prescription instead of them calling my vet, as they don't give phone authorizations. I didn't see the mail in option when checking out so I did not complete the order. I never created an account, I never okayed any forms allowing them to create or store anything, I simply started a transaction and then did not complete it. Now when I visit the site, I see "Welcome [my name]!" and a link to My Account on the top of the page. I wrote to customer service and asked them to remove all of my information, explaining all of this. I got a generic reply apologizing for my not being able to complete the order. I wrote back and explained that this was not my complaint, that I was asking them to remove my info. I got a reply that this had been done. It was not, and all of my info was still on the site. I replied again, asking them to please remove my info, that I never authorized them to store it or create any account with it. Again, I got a reply that they did delete it. Again, it was a lie. I tried to change the info in the My Account area but what I was able to change was limited. The site still says my name on top. I don't see how this is acceptable behavior for such a well known company. I have asked for the FOURTH time that they remove ALL of my information, but I don't have high hopes that this will occur. I'm so very relieved that I didn't order from 1800petmeds because who knows what they would have done with my credit card and other information I would have entered during the checkout process. I find this company to be blatant liars and completely untrustworthy. Stay away.

1800petmedslying omitting information

I am not happy at all with my experience with 1800petmeds. They lied to me about getting my medication within 24 hours. They omitted the fact that my vet needed to okay what they referred to as a ''refill'' on the medication I ordered from them. Not only that, I went to 1800petmeds because my vet was asking to 'bring my animal in' even though she had a routine eye infection... And I didn't want to bring my 18 year old cat in for something so minute... Had I known this I would have never used 1800petmeds because I would have known my vet would have not 'refilled' my pets medication!!! So I ordered a medication that my vet, who is nearby, could have given me but instead I waited and waited for the medication to arrive, and they never told me that my vet did not 'okay' the medication either. I had to figure it out. One question to 1800petmeds—why lie and tell people they can get medication direct when really they have to go through your own vet anyway?! Thanks a lot for the hassle and headache, oh and my cat is still sick, four days after the initial order was placed and her eye is much worse... Not to mention their ridiculous prices... But I was willing to overlook that for my cat's health.

• At
            At34 Apr 01, 2013

They are a pharmacy not a drug dealer! Of course you need a RX, it's your duty toget your animal DX'd and then if you choose to prolong treatment by ordering online instead of direct from the vet that's on you! 1800petmeds is fantastic for maintenance medications.

• Tu
            tubie Nov 03, 2011

Part of the PetMeds FAQ: "As a licensed pet pharmacy, we are required by law to dispense only veterinarian authorized medications (Heartgard Plus, Revolution, Sentinel, Rimadyl, etc)". Nowhere on the site does it say - "come to us if you don't want to go to your vet."

• Tu
            tubie Nov 03, 2011

Um, it says right on their website that they will check with your vet before they will fill or refill medications. All of the reputable online pet pharmacies do this. The reason to go to places like that is because they are usually much cheaper than going through your vet, not because you are trying to avoid going to your vet at all.

1800petmeds — unauthorized charge to bank account

Similar thing happened to me for which i will be posting a complaint. On April 24 '10, I placed an...

1800petmeds.combad service

I have ordered twice now from this company. Both orders went smoothly. Easy to order online. Also ordered some prescription medication. The store went ahead and verified with the vet, so that I didn't need to contact the vet myself for a prescription. Great service. Good packaging and fast shipping. Great prices. Will strongly consider for future orders and recommend to family and friends.

1800petmeds — credit card fraud

After placing an order with 1800 pet meds, they emailed me a $10 coupon toward my next order. But when I used...