Menu
Home Other Zulily toxic smelling sheets

Zulily review: toxic smelling sheets

Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Long but worth the read... Be very very aware of any sheets with no labeled company name that you try to order from zulily. I received my order yesterday put them on my bed just before going to sleep. I'm not allergic to anything but while putting them on I started coughing and sneezing, the cough was a strong tickle nearly a choke, but I didn't think to think that it was from the sheets! Then I laid down and kept itching, and the room filled with a very strong toxic smell. I laid there for like 30 mins or so trying to sike myself out that it couldn't be the sheets! So then I put a blanket on top to avoid the itching and said I would take them off and wash them in the morning, sure enough the itching stopped instantly but the smell was still there and getting worse. I started getting paranoid and feeling sick all at the same time. I had to remove all sheets and pillow cases and put them in the next room until the a. M. Then had to air out my room. This is ridiculous, it's now 2 a. M and the feeling it gave me kept me up researching reviews to see if this has happened to anyone else. It's very sad that zulily would sell something soooooo toxic and risk a person's health over a few $ profit. I never take time to write a review whether good or bad and I am a frequent online shopper so take my word this is a (Very serious issue). I will be contacting zulily in the a. M. With prayers that they refund my $ for these sheets and I throw them far far away. I wouldn't even take the risk of washing them then using them. Their lethal in my eyes and i'm being very serious.in fairness I placed like 5 orders with in one month. Yes shipping is horribly long but I did expect that based on what it says in the site. I have yet to receive a lot of the items but waiting patiently. Also I ordered some super cute leggings with crystal like buttons on the sides in two different colors. One pair was missing a button and it was so obvious. I called zulily, the rep was beyond nice, she said she would give me a refund to my credit card, also a credit to zulily and also to keep the leggings! That was great! I haven't received the refund yet but that was only a few days ago so I will stay in high hopes. My #2 complaint is if you pay with a credit card. They charge your account to make sure the funds are there, then reverse the charge back to your bank account until it is ready to ship, then recharge your account which could be a month or so later, but the second time around they don't charge it as the total amount for that particular order as they did the first time. They charge per item shipped so if you have 20 items on that one order and they all have different shipping dates, then zuilily will charge your bank account 20 separate times! Really? They don't inform you of this in advance either! So here I am looking at my bank account with about 10 different charges and it looked like someone had hacked into my zulily account and started making unauthorized charges. I called about this and they said by law they can't charge the account before shipping? Hmmm never had any problems with amazon? Or the likes of any other company for that matter... I was still willing to give them a try after that because customer service was extremely nice. But after this smell and my life and health being at stake, i'm soooooo over it! I'm sad about it lol. I really wanted them to work out, but after reading reviews after the fact (Shame on me) seems like there hurting people more so than making satisfied customers, to create longevity within their business. Oh well god exposes all things in due time! If they are purposely selling low quality unsafe products and portraying selling it as brand items at a discounted price then they might just find themselves with a class action lawsuit! Especially if they end up selling these toxic products to hmmm lets say an attorney or a doctor! Sad thing is I would have never wrote a review over the other mishaps, but I refuse to get sick or die from some sheets nor let anyone else! It's hours later and I still have a headache uhhh...

23 comments
M
Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm EST

I placed on order on January 2, 2012. It took over 22 days to receive it. The tracking number was for UPS but I finally found the package at a post office in another city. Zulily explained that it take 10 days to process an order...that is absolutely ridiculous... generally I received my orders from other vendors before Zulily has ever processed one.

Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm EST

Never Again! I have now been waiting months for my entire order and the status on the website says STILL that part of it will be shipped in 2-3 weeks! Part of the order arrived yesterday with the top and no bottoms. I wonder if I ever see those?!? There are so many other online shopping sites. I will never use this one again.

P
Feb 01, 2015 8:37 am EST

ZULILY.COM has been bombarding my account with junk email and I did NOT even purchase or sign up with them! There is no UNSUSBCRIBE button to STOP their incessant emails. Thank you for any help to force them to stop this abusive practice.

Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm EST

This is the words company I've ever bought anything from on the internet. Bought a bed. Took forever to get it. The posts were too low. Couldn't get a refund. Couldn't get replacement posts. Real $#*! on the phone who didn't care. Don't support this scam business.

Jan 04, 2013 3:58 am EST

Cheap is right. Quality terrible. I ordered maternity, baby and toddler clothing. All are of very poor quality. Would send back, if I could. Order came in three different shipments and only one of those arrived in time for Christmas (order was placed on Dec. 17). Will NOT buy from site again.

A
Dec 02, 2012 8:29 am EST

Its very hard to get a deal, their prices sometimes are higher than other places. I can get better deal in Amazon and have fast and free shipping.

R
Oct 03, 2012 8:28 am EDT

Bummer - 1 month later I called and 3 out of 4 orders had not even shipped! And they had charged me right away! I did get a complete refund but not not not worth it!

Jun 21, 2012 3:05 am EDT

I am from Australia, it took over a month for my order to arrive. The product was not as good as it looked in the photos. also be aware! My credit card was skimmed after this purchase in America! Not happy not a secure site! Be very careful!

Feb 11, 2012 3:33 pm EST

I never received my item after a month. I had to call them and they told me my order was canceled. Very disappointed in the experience and will not be using them again.

N
Dec 19, 2011 6:14 pm EST

Be sure you know your labels. I ordered from MishMish - Mish Boys through Zulily. The quality is AWFUL. I truly overpaid for outfits that I can't even give to the thrift store. Cheap cheap cheap. As with other reviewers shipping was very slow. a real disappointment. and no returns/refunds.! awful!

Nov 10, 2011 5:16 pm EST

I was a first time customer. Didn't know what terrible reviews zulily had before I ordered. My order came in 4 wks. Needless to say, I will never order again & will delete subscription to my email. Shame on zulily!

Oct 17, 2011 4:51 pm EDT

Terrible experience. I waited a month and never received item. I emailed them, got a swift response, but was told it would be 3-5 business days before they could answer my email.

K
Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm EDT

They have canceled two of my orders that I had wanted to give as birthday presents. I am really disappointed and wish I had learned earlier that my orders were canceled.

Y
Jul 28, 2011 5:54 pm EDT

I think the biggest problem is the absurd shipping time. Takes way too long! Can't return anything, so you take a big chance. I had to give a skirt that would normally fit to my nice, as it ran small and was non returnable. I will not order from this site again.

Jun 15, 2011 7:56 pm EDT

Waited forever to get two little dresses. The quality of the material was extremely poor. We would have gotten better quality if we'd gone to Wal-Mart! Will never again purchase from Zulily! What a waste of money!

F
May 05, 2011 6:25 pm EDT

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE! They cancel every order you place because they don't know what they are doing. I have had two out of three orders canceled. ITS a TOTAL waste of effort, time and money. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Feb 28, 2011 5:26 pm EST

I ordered once with them and waited 3 weeks to finally have someone emailing me to tell me they won't be able to ship me as they could not get my item...?! Also found the same item (baby toys) much cheaper a week after on another website...

J
May 18, 2015 10:19 am EDT

I used Zulily. I felt uneasy during the experience and made the decision NOT to buy through them.
OMG - ALWAYS WASH YOUR SHEETS BEFORE SLEEPING ON THEM. HOW DISGUSTING.

Why would you not wash the sheets -prior- to putting them on your bed? Always launder clothing and housewares before using - dust mites, factory stank, musty shipment boxes...yuck. Those things are not clean until you clean them yourself. At best, higher-end items on a hanger will have been steamed.

May 28, 2014 8:50 am EDT

They have not shipped my order and 3 month has been passed from the date it was supposed to be delivered. They did not give me refund how did you get the refund?

C
May 08, 2013 6:06 pm EDT

Not just cheap, bu the strong CHEMICAL SMELL that are in toddler shoes, and clothing. I don't know what the hell
it is but not worth putting around my grandchildren.

P
Feb 14, 2012 4:11 am EST

Report them to better business bureau!
They are getting away with this.

K
May 15, 2011 2:12 am EDT

I sure wish I seen this before I ordered from Zulily.com. My order is unvailable 2 days after receiving a shipment #. Take my word stay away from this web cite.. Save yourself the heartache of not getting the item you really wanted.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

157 complaints