[Resolved] Yes! Communitiesscammers and liars

We came across A Yes! Community and checked out the place and we really loved it for its cleanliness and its looks. We decided to rent a spot in there for our new mobile home that we recently bought. As we talked to the manager and assistant manager we actually got a spot in there. I payed $541.41 in deposit and $80 for the application, $621.41 in total. As we where ready to move in we came in once last time to check if everything was fine and we had one BIG problem. The assistant manager told us that the spot that we made a deposit on was rented to someone else that came. Keep in mind that in a situation like this someone else would've gotten mad but I remained calm and asked for my refund back. They where really fast on getting the money but not as fast on refunding it. It has been almost 2 months since I asked for a refund and I have been contacting them to check on the status of the refund and every time they say that it's on its way. They acted in bad faith to us because they knew we weren't getting the spot we wanted but still asked for the money and cashed it real quick. We payed with a money order on May 13th and they cashed it May 15. For a place like that, I don't recommend moving there if the management is bad.

All i'm asking for is my $621.41 refund as soon as possible because the wait has been too long already.

• Resolution Statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response · Jul 17, 2017

Luis,

We understand the community management team contacted you and learned that your address had changed and that you didn't set-up forwarding services through the post office so your refund check was mailed out to the wrong address. That being said, we have voided the previous check and will re-issue a check tomorrow that will go out Overnight UPS to the new address you provided to the community management team. We do apologize for any inconvenience and we have tried to remedy this issue as quickly and effectively as possible.

YES! Communities

• D
      Oct 25, 2017

Interesting... was the check every received? Because this is the same thing we were told about our deposit and now the manager conveniently no longer works for the property and the check is still not mailed.

• Y
      Oct 25, 2017

@Debi U Debi, Please email [protected]@yescommunities.com and our Resident Relations Coordinator can look into your security deposit refund once you have provided more information. Thank You.

• D
      Nov 13, 2017

After speaking with a lawyer and threatening suit, a check for the security deposit was given. Minus the water bill, which legally should not have been kept either.

• Y
      Nov 13, 2017

@Debi U Debi,

We are happy to hear your security deposit refund was received, the only water that would have been withheld was water usage during the days you were still living in the home, which is legal and standard practice. Best Wishes.