The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Yankee Candle Car Jar — yankee candle car jar melted my steering column
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I placed a Yankee Candle Car Jar product on the turn signal lever of my car because I do not like objects blocking my view of the windshield. I feel that it is safer on the turn signal rather than putting it on the rear view mirror as most people do. Within a few days I noticed that the finish on the steering column near the Car Jar product was melted and peeling off. I checked the Yankee Candle website for any safety hazards of the Car Jar and found nothing. The Car Jar product was not even mentioned. I contacted Yankee Candle Company by this email address:
This is the response I received:
Thank you for writing to us today with your concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our product. We would be happy to replace it for you if you would like.
Regarding the damages, we do recommend contacting your renter's/home owner's insurance. If you do wish to pursue this matter further, we will need documentation in the following forms:
1) written documentation of the event
2) photographs of the damage
3) return of our product
4) written estimates for repairs
Please send this information to:
Yankee Candle Company
Attn: Melissa Seymour
PO Box 110
South Deerfield, MA 01373
Please allow 30 days from the date of receipt for a response.
Yankee Candle Company
So I gathered my information, photos and the estimate for damages (over$300) from my dealership and stuffed it in an envelope to be delivered to and signed by this Melissa Seymour.
I have a feeling by the other posts that my documentation is going to wind up down a black hole with the rest.
Sounds like a class action suit is in order here.
More Yankee Candle Car Jar Complaints & Reviews
- Yankee Candle - no smell
- Yankee Candle - ultimate car jar ruined my car
- Yankee Candle - gel air freshener can melt plastic
- Yankee Candle - Fragrance Fan - fan melted my tv
- Yankee Candle - black soot all over front room
- Yankee Candle - black soot-ruined front room
- Yankee Candle - yankee large candle soot damaged room
- Yankee Candle - over charged 3 times
- Yankee Candle - south ridge mall #00264 greenfield wi
- Yankee Candle - Candles