Xperience DaysCannot use the gift certificate I bought

K

I purchased a walking tour gift for my husband for his birthday a few years ago. I chose to receive the certificate in email format and did not request a physical gift card. We haven't gotten to use it yet because we have been busy with kids. Recently, I called Xperience Days to redeem the gift and plan to book the tour for my husband and me. First I thought I lost the e-gift certificate, but I told them there is a record of my purchase in my personal account on their website. They said they cannot redeem for me, even though I am the purchaser and my husband is the recipient. I must get the redemption number on the gift certificate. After digging through our drawers, we found the printed e-gift certificate with the redemption number. I called just now, and they said they cannot redeem it for me because I don't have the physical gift card.
First of all, I did not receive the physical gift card as I did not select that as the delivery method. Secondly, I have never heard of a business that would not honor a gift certificate when I have the proof of purchase and the gift certificate redemption number. The customer service was awful. The company is making it impossible for people to redeem their gifts. I would never buy from this company again. I don't have a good word about this company.