WMJ MarineScam

U Review updated:

WMJ Marine is and internet based company also known as GPS Fish Finder Marine Supply. They sell boat and fishing supplies and accessories.

I purchased a Bow Thruster and controls for a price of $1499.00 which I did online with a credit card. I received the motor in damaged condition and in formed the WMJ Marine immediately. They had UPS come and pick up the defective damaged motor and stated they were sending a new one.

AFTER I gave UPS the motor they ordered to be shipped WMJ Marine took my credit card information from my online order and charged the card an additional $960.00 without my authorization. In the email it was stated they would credit the amount when they received the damaged motor.

To this date, even with the signed receipt confirmation WMJ Marine has not credited my card. They continue to say they will and that they are looking into it but nothing happens. Even better the replacement motor they sent was some refurbished motor with missing installation information and broken parts.

I have shopped on the internet for years and spend nearly $60, 000 on the web. This company gives the entire web based business a BAD NAME. They can not be trusted with your credit card information because they just seem to charge what they want to it once they have it.

• Br
    Brian Klawitter Jul 01, 2020

I ordered a Maxwell Anchor Rode, 18'-5/16" Chain to 200'-5/8" Nylon Brait that wouldn't work because to a splice that was to large. I talking to Maxwell the manufacture, I was told that it wasn't a Maxwell rode, it was made by a competitor.
    In talking and emailing WJM, the response I received was "we need the shipping package and paperwork to prove this was ordered from us."

I supplied the order number, the email from Maxwell along with photos. I'm out $385.00

Buyer beware!

• Be
    BertyABC Jun 18, 2020

I ordered a RayMarine Axiom unit for a boat I was buying. However, the boat in question was sold to another party while the unit was in route to me. I called about returning the unit and spoke with a person with limited language skills but was emailed appropriate return instructions. I returned the RayMarine unit unopened the day it arrived. No refund was posted to my credit card for a week after UPS tracking information say it was delivered to WMJ . I emailed WMJ to see what happened and got a reply saying the refund had been made. The refund credit, less a swinging 15% restocking fee, was posted the next day. I am of the opinion that without my prodding the refund would have been forgotten. I'm sticking with Amazon Prime in the future--no restocking fees.

• Da
    David Brown 2 Oct 26, 2018

Tried to business with these guys but could not even get an honest quote. Although I was clear and specific in my request, when I went to confirm the price they had given me they added in an $80 shipping charge. In checking with UPS, it should have been around $25. Shameful.

• Te
    Terry5356 Dec 28, 2016

I think mistakes happen, I ordered a $2200 Minn Kota Ultrex and got it 3 days later. I chatted on line with Phil several times. While he was a little misinformed about in particular question, for the most part Phil was Extremely helpful. Started to order a part (not knowing it came with with the trolling motor) and when I wanted to cancel order Phil did so immediately. Remember WMJ is a wholesaler and will not know every aspect of everything they sell.

• Re
    redEmperor Jun 25, 2016

Hi there everybody that have been scammed by this what you call wmj marine. Back yard marine ! i had emailed this guy about a in hull 1kw transducer and asked him about a few questions on the item. Five emails later still could not answer it for me ... So i rang him what a mistake it would have been about 4 pm USA time ... This is how the phone conversation went...HELLO that's him ... hi i emailed you about a 1kw transducer can you tell me what you mean by no transducer connector ... he could'nt answer my question so he hung up ... So I tried ringing back answering machine now in action
    So to me if i had not asked him those few questions i could have been another one of his victims ... To me he has no knowledge on transducers or colour sounders or anything else he is trying to sell Scammer that's my opinion

• Ha
    Harley558 Apr 10, 2015

I ordered a JBL PRV 175 AM/FM/USB/Bluetooth Gauge from WMJ Marine for $79.00. About 14 hours later, I received a message that the item was out of stock and my order was cancelled. Item won't be in for 6 weeks. I emailed them (Phil) and informed them the next day and informed them that the item doesn't list it as out of stock, howver, they did have the time to adjust the price from $79 to $129. I then asked (Phil) if I wait will they order the advertised price I ordered the JBL at. He straight out said NO. Now we all know why they stated it was out of stock.

• Wm
    wmjmarine Jan 12, 2011

WMJ Marine was holding the payment for the replacement motor until we get the damaged part back. No charge was made and the payment was released when we receive the motor back. We notified him via email for this but he claimed he never received this email.