Wizzairluggage payment

H

I was travelling back from Gdansk with Wizzair Flight W6 1601 on Monday, 5th May 2014 and waiting to board the aircraft when a Wizzair employee randomly selected my carry-on case. She informed me that it exceeded the cabin requirements and that I had to pay to take the case on board. The case is actually a cabin approved size and I have never experienced any problems in the past. I refused and told her that, when leaving Luton, nobody asked me to pay for the case and, if the size was too large, how come the policy was not applied consistently throughout? At 06:00 am in the morning, I could not believe that anybody would deliberately start to pick on people with a view to hitting some ridiculous targets to extricate money out of people!!! I said that I would not be paying and continued to the last check-in desk before boarding the plane and was told by another female employee that I would not be permitted on the flight. When I tried to pass her, she assaulted me and said that she would be calling Security as my behaviour was aggressive and that I would not be allowed to board the flight due to my unacceptable behaviour. I will never fly with Wizzair again as this type of unethical practice is beyond belief! The two employees were very intimidating and threatening towards me, indicating that it was within their power to detain me. Of course, in the end I had to capitulate and pay as I was desperate to get back home. They are a rubbish, cowboy airline that employs unprofessional and immature staff. I attach a copy of the invoice and will be making a formal complaint to the airline itself.

luggage payment

Anna Ziaco Jul 11, 2017

I have experienced very similar situation, on the 9-th of July on 6.20 flight Gdansk to London Luton. I was allowed to fly out few days before, with my standard size hand luggage ( accepted on any other airlines) but on the return i was forced to pay this ridiculous amount (£40), which exceed the price of my ticket!!! I found employees very rude and disrespectful!!! Not in any position prepared to handle this kind of situation as a professionals. It's a disgraceful approach! Wizz air should be forbidden to qualify as a 'cheap airline', and fell into a category of an 'airlines to be voided'. I will make sure to never use them again and would advise anyone to do exactly the same.