Winners Internationalwon 3.5 million and a car

L Review updated:

I have recieved 2 phone calls today from Winners International about the 3.5 million and a car that I have won. I hung up the first time after a few minutes and called the police. They did not take a compaint as no crime had been committed. I just (about 6 hours after the first one) recieved a second call and immediately asked them for thier Tax ID number as I would need this to recieve my funds and report them on my taxes. He (Mr. Carter) said that I would not have to report anything on my taxes to which I told him "then, this is illegal and if you call me again, I will have the police record all my phone calls and they would be caught". He promptly hung up on me.

• Rt
    rthr hslr Aug 03, 2019

Just got a call from Kingston JM (caller ID) Man says he is from"Winners International" asking me if I received a certified check from their sweepstakes. I said "Why are you calling me from Kingston Jamaica", "He said that was his name!" I asked '"Why didn't Winners International show up on my caller ID?", "I am representative from US Government, Kingston is my name." : "Your US Department did not show up on caller ID?" He started to challenge me. I interrupted and said "I want your email address and your US Department of Revenue ID number." He started to challenge me again. I then hung up. If you would like to call this fake scammer please do. His name is Kingston JM @ [protected]

• Ck
    CK-AK Feb 11, 2015

Absolutely. These dudes are relentless. They now yell at me and say they will continue to call me until I "claim" my prize--essentially that I need to pay 10% of the tax first. Then the "company" will pay the rest of the tax. I did the same thing. Tried to glean as much info as possible. No luck. Story line about the same. They have used 16 different numbers to call me. All this over last two weeks. I've reported all the numbers to the FTC. They advised to just hang up, and continue to update my complaint with new numbers. I also have blocked them on my cell phone for every number. I sometimes just "answer" and leave them hanging. Dog barking in background. Even had a woman call (twice). Idiots if they think they can intimidate me into "claiming" my prize! Oh and by the way, the name they are giving for who they are looking for isn't even close to mine, let alone the same gender. And their prize delivery folks are "sitting outside my residence as we speak." That means they've been sitting there for over a week. As for my residence? It's many states, far, far away, from where their delivery folks are sitting! Amazing... it's almost comical. If it wasn't annoying. As I've told them numerous times, I'm not interested! Keep it.

• Ka
    Kathy7 Jul 05, 2010

Agree with this consumer. I have been plagued with these calls for weeks. To my cell phone no less. They just do not give up. Maybe they think they can wear you down with enough useless information you will just believe them. I have played the game to get as much information as possible and to simply mess with them and yet 3 weeks later it starts again. Now I'm just p.o'd. How do you get them to stop calling you? Now they've given me a number for the "FTC head office". Because "they don't deal with the Better Business Bureau". When I called the number...I swear it was the same guy. Same pet names, same intonations in his voice; it was the same voice. He even gave me the information of where to send $750.00, i.e. the FTC, because that is where the money is to be faxed, to asure me that this is not a scam and it is for insurance and confimation of who I am. Te he he! I'm finding someone to report this to. Enough already.