Windstream Communications / dsl

After complaining to the FCC our service was downgraded without our permission. We were assured that constant outages would be a thing of the past. Not so. Since the last major outage several weeks ago service has been [censored]. Slow slow slow downloading, it can take 30 seconds for a page to load. My husband cannot do research at peak load times, and it is difficult during off-times. I can type three or four words in a search-box before the first letter appears. Upload speeds are microscopic. We have called the "no-help" line and gotten nowhere. We have repeatedly been told a tech person is scheduled to come out and investigate the problem. Over the last six to twelve times this has happened NOT EVEN ONCE has a tech person arrived. Windstream DSL is the only option where we live, so technically we are screwed. One more word: We have several friends in the area who are on the same line. Everybody's service is equally poor. I say that because several times big hats from Windstream tried to tell us these problems were unique to us. What a dog-and-pony show.

Da