Window Worldwindows not energy star

N

Purchased 9 slider windows fall 2014. Dec 2014 it got below 19 degrees. Ice froze to the glass on the bottom of all windows going from the center over to the walls. I called Window World and they sent the sales person that told me I had high humidity. I bought that. In Feb. the problem became worse. In Cincinnati Ohio, our winters are wet and cold. Not dry and freezing. So the outside humidity is usually high. I complained and had many reps come to my home. They agreed that I had issues. It was decided I needed new sashes.
The sashes were replace with the same manufactured sashes as before. The problem repeated itself through the 2015 winter. I complained and finally the owner agreed that the windows were possibly not manufactured correctly and the installation was not done correctly. No foam insulation or cold barriers were used. New windows were finally installed Oct. 2016.
Problem repeats again. I can see day light between the sliding window sashes. I can take the inside of a ball point pen and go from the inside to the outside of my windows. These windows are not air tight -- right? If a pen goes through then logic tells me air and humidity does as well. I had a professional test the windows with his thermal imaging camera. It proved my point. Window World will not return my money.
In winter 2016 one of the reps agreed that I had air coming in through where the sashes meet. He applied sponge thermal tape saying they would fix the problem. Since there is no answer, they refuse to help me.

Would love to send you the report with thermal images of heat loss and trapped humidity between inside and outside walls 1 foot around window is so high and as you go farther from window the humidity reading drops between drywall and outside T 11 wood siding. This report also shows the holes. I had an HVAC professional come and check my oil furnace for humidity leak. There was none. Actually the inspector told me the air coming from the furnace was too dry. If my windows didn't leak I would need a humidifier or I would have nose bleeds. Well, I did before 2014.

These windows cannot be energy star. My shades move when the wind blows. Water comes in when it rains. I might as well be living in a tent.

I should have left the old windows in. Very sorry to have trusted Window World. I don't know what Window World thinks I am after, or why I am wasting all of my time with this senseless battle. What do I have to gain by complaining unless I have a real problem.

I want my money back