Having problems with Window World?

Window World reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 8, 2006. The latest review Bait and Switch Pricing was posted on Jun 14, 2021. The latest complaint window installation was resolved on Jun 18, 2019. Window World has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 143 reviews. Window World has resolved 53 complaints.

Window World Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 639 8946 (Appointment Requests)
+1 866 740 2100 (Customer Service)
+1 336 667 2100 (Customer Service)
118 Shaver St.
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Window World Customer Service. Initial Window World complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Window World above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Window World. Discuss the issues you have had with Window World and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Window World Complaints & Reviews

Window World Nova, Las Vegas, Bakersfield, Fresno — letter of attack from president of window world

I made an inquiry to WW for estimate of 17 windows, Received a pleasant email from Katrina but in the interim...

Window World — horrible windows

Don't and I mean don't buy their windows. I told the salesman exactly what I wanted. That is not...

Window World of Colorado Springs — installation and service

Window quality is on par for the money. However, the installation and service was a nightmare. They made a...

Window Worldsorry I ever heard of them

Window World is the lowest unethical company I have ever dealt with in 40 years of home ownership. I agreed to purchase seven windows to be installed. After waiting more than a month past the installation date, they finally arrived. Five of the 7 windows did not fit and had to be jerry-rigged or reordered. The salesman who measured the window openings obviously didn’t know what he was doing. The install team damaged my home in several areas and have refused to be accountable for it. We are so sorry that we EVER heard of the company Window World…as I said RUN!

• Pa
      Patrick Bolin Apr 21, 2015

i had the same experience windows measured incorrectly and forced to fit damaging original framing of window and wrong doors installed and they refuse to correct problem and send out mike trout to try and talk his way out of it . did not work still very dis satisfied and will spread the word about window world and would even join any class action law suits against them very ruthless company! get you windows else where?

• We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with your local Window World store. Please feel free to contact us at [protected], or via our contact page at www.windowworld.com for discussion.

The satisfaction of our customers is very important to us. Please contact us directly so that we may have all the details available to us in order to proceed in the proper manner.

Customer Relations Manager
      Window World Corporate
      North Wilkesboro, NC

Window World — false information

we were given wrong information on our two living room windows. We were told that it would cut out some of...

Window World of Jackson TN — windows and trim

Larry, the salesman came to my house and gave me an estimate for 8 windows. this is what it reads: window...

Window World — leaking window

Replaced basement windows. Old windows leaked when window well partially filled with water. New windows leak...

Window Worldrepairs still need to be done

Window World claims that they are fully warranted for all problems..My first problem was that the largest window in my house was messed up...Screens did not fit also they were scratched ..Never did get that resolved..

Since having windows done I had more work done on the house to make it more energy efficient...my electric bill never did go down. About a week or so ago I had the Energy Efficiency Management come and do an energy eficiency evaluation to see where my problems are still coming from, they do a very extensive test and measure air flow throughout your house, basement, attic and every vent and window in your house...

Needless to say my house is very leaky. The man that conducted the test told me that NONE of my new "Window World" windows had been caulked at top or bottom on the outside.. I made complaint to them about this and I am not getting the service I had truly expected form such a well known company...my next step is to email the CEO of the company, Maybe that will get thing moving a little faster...

• We are sorry to learn of your experience with Window World. If you would like to discuss in greater detail please call our Customer Relations Department at [protected], or email us at [email protected] We will be happy to help facilitate this issue.

Thank you.

Window World — installers treated like dirt!!!

First off let me explain to you the "Window World" pay scale. They want the subcontractor to remove and...

Window Worldslums who dont give a #

ok here is the deal window world in baton rouge is the worst one my husband works there and they make him purchase the chalk and trim and insurence and they dont care for anyone but them selves most of them do drugs and even the big boss does drugs i know he baught it from another guy in fornt of me his name is robert smyth do not but from them stand up for the little people me and my hasband did not have money for christmas last year and the boss did not care he was in hawii for vacation with his family so everyone stand up for the small people being screwed by the big croporate ###ers

• Fo
          fordtough07 Nov 15, 2011

I agree with you. i worked for the company for a year in florida but its owned by the one in baton rouge. robert smythe is a snake and so is james jenkins. they talk the talk. they care about no one and pay their installers crap thats why some installers do what they are paid for.

Window World of Boston — terrible service

Our landlord decided that it was time to replace the old windows in the two units in our building. He wa...

Window World — windows price quote fake

They came gave written price, i felt something was wrong with how the saleman was talking, i called Gary the...

Window Worldrun away

This is the lowest unethical company I have ever dealt with in 40 years of home ownership. I agreed to purchase seven windows to be installed. After waiting more than a month past the installation date, they finally arrived.

Five of the 7 windows did not fit and had to be jerry-rigged or reordered. The salesman who measured the window openings obviously didn't know what he was doing.

We are so sorry that we EVER heard of the company...as I said RUN!

• Ju
            jumpingdaisy Sep 09, 2013

It looks exactly like a copy and paste of a complaint on previous page.

• Hello... It is very alarming to hear about this experience as Window World takes customer satisfaction very seriously and makes every effort to resolve each issue. However, it appears there are many false reviews being written by competitors and it is difficult to filter legitimate complaints so we can rectify outstanding issues. If this is a legitimate customer we would like to help you and need your contact information to help. Please contact your local store directly to resolve your issues or send an email to [email protected] Your satisfaction is important to us so please contact us so we can resolve this issue.
            Regards,
            Window World Customer Relations

Window World Atlanta — windows

This is the the most unethical company I have ever worked with in forty years of home ownership! From day one...

Window Worldno sales follow up

I had purchased my windows from Window World a few years ago, and and some problems, but were soon rectified, so when it came to buying doors for my house I called them. They sold the exact same doors and storm doors at Lowe's! But because of the installation and service, I contracted with Window World at a much higher price. ( Lowe's installers had a bad rep ). Well after the order was taken, and half the money paid, it took 3 months to receive them and get them installed. That is with the exception of the front storm door. It came a week later. After it was installed, the installer said another pump needed to be added and he would order it. So after a few days, I did a follow up, and was informed it was not ordered, but it would be ordered and given a priority. I called shorty after that and was told it was on its way and would be installed when it was received. That was 3 weeks ago, and I have not heard a word from them. There customer service sux ! I haven't heard from the sales guy since he wrote the contract. Not even a follow up, you know, like are you satisfied? or are there any other products such as siding or roofing you need? I have a hard time understanding how companies like this can stay in business and sponsor a race team, and Have Kathy Ireland as a rep. I'll get my new roof and siding from a local small company that needs the business !!!

• Pa
              Patrick Bolin Apr 21, 2015

they should be shut down and removed from good house keeping seal of approval and bbb too

• Ed
              edward ferrari Dec 21, 2012

I spoke up about management stealing sales (Jeff Williams) he fired me !This was a commission only job!!! Now they wont pay me what they owe me.Nice Christmas gift Window World really cares!!!

• Ed
              edward ferrari Nov 23, 2012

I worked for window World, I have three kids and a disabled wife.This is a commission only job! THE management steals the lower level salesman customers and gives them to the higher level salesman.I spoke up and they fired me a week before Thanksgiving !

• Hello Bater... Window World takes customer satisfaction very seriously and is very good at resolving all issues. Please contact your local store directly and they will fix any issues you have.

Window World — bad windows bad service

One window howls from the wind. Another window is foggy between the panes of glass. Seals are broke. Window...

Window Worldresponse to amazed one month later

Wow Amazed! It has now been a full month and I still have at least 7 of 13 windows that leak water into my home. From your post on this website(which I find interesting that you monitor since your installation and service is supposed to be so good, I can tell that you wrote your blog at 11:39PM, Friday 12/17/10. This was after you came to my home with your "installer" and inspected the shoddy work and agreed to come back to try to fix the hanging capping, lack of insulation, caulking problems, and so on. However, it was before I sprayed the exterior windows with water only to find that at least 7 of 13 leak!!! Nonetheless, I will answer your questions and respond to your comments that you posted. Here goes:

Q: Why would you choose to go to war with your contractor BEFORE they have actually completed the job, or BEFORE you have exchanged a single word with them?

A: Because your subcontractor capped the windows and finished the trim inside, and left the job...meaning he was done. When I came home on the evening of 12/15 at 7:30 PM to find the exterior capping literally hanging off, not nailed to anything (affixed with caulk), the cold wind blowing into my home (no insulation), and zero sills left, this was too much to bear!!! A sloppy job like that is nearly criminal in my opinion. You literally caused damage!

Q: Why would you threaten and slander them BEFORE extending to them the simple courtesy of a phone call, or request a meeting or explanation of a process that may be raising some questions in your mind?

A: No threats. I did everything I said I was going to do. I filed a BBB complaint (now two), filed with the State Dept. of Consumer Protection, and contacted an attorney. Not threats...promises. And, BTW, I did call when I got home on 12/15, three times to be exact because I was so shocked!!! I did not slander anyone...everything I have posted has been absolutely true, and now one month later documented by building professionals (I have letters to prove it). Your accusing me of slander is by very nature "slander"! And, "raising some questions in your mind"? You are raising more than that! try the hair on my back!

Q: Why would you allow someone to continue to work on your house and not say a word, if you have any doubts or concerns?

A: Great question! I told your contractors to STOP when they started using a saws-all to remove the existing new construction windows. I asked why they were doing that when I was told that I was paying extra ($975) to have the siding around the windows removed or peeled back to access the window. My concerns were responded to with a laugh and a response of "that's not how we do it". I have witnesses to this!!! You, on the other hand, were not there!!!

Q: And, if you don’t like what you are seeing, why would you not simply ask if there might be some possible alternatives?

A: you are supposed to be the WINDOW PROFESSIONALS! You are supposed to be trained and certified (though now I have found out from your national office not for new installation windows!!) And, if you turn over your own contract, it says "Please no critiquing at this time" and "We get nervous when a customer constantly hovers over our shoulder". Hmmmm...wonder why???

Statement:

Please follow basic civil and decent rules of engagement so that both sides of the story can be heard. Calling the local franchise in the middle of the night and then slamming them before they have a chance to respond doesn't count.

Response: Again...WOW! Basic civil and decent rules of engagement? Wasn't it you and your own installer who came to my home on 1/16/10 at 8AM, unannounced and who began to get in my face on my front lawn? Wasn't it your installer who threatened to "Rip those f***ing windows right out of the house!"? Wasn't it your installer who said he would "Take a f***ing garden hose to the windows and prove they don't leak!" (I wish he did...he would have seen that they do indeed leak! A lot!!!) And finally, I didn't call in the middle of the night. I called at 7:30 PM, three times, and asked that you please call me back!!! However you did not...you showed up and got in my face so much that my son had 911 dialed up ready to press "send"!!! Civil and decent indeed!!! What planet are you from???

Statement:

Window World is fully committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction. You don’t become the nation’s largest window replacement company without consistent great service and the number one selling quality window in the country. You just don't.

Response: Don't your read the rest of the posts on this website???? What a joke your last statement is!!! "Excellent service and customer satisfaction"...Is that why I haven't heard from you since your last voicemail on 1/7/11 stating that you were working on a solution and you would call me back on 1/10/11 but I still haven't heard from you!!!???!!! :upset

Window World — condensation on the inside glass

We bought 13 windows that were the 4000 Series with Low E & Argon from Window World in Davenport IA on...

Window World ~Toledo, Ohio — unhappy customer all the way around

I'm having issues with the Toledo office and our windows. I wish I would have seen this complaint thread...

Window Worldwon't return call

have been trying to contact window world of cheetowaga, NY (buffalo area) for 3 weeks to GIVE THEM MONEY for three separate jobs and can not get a call back! it is apparent that they are totally inept and if you are expecting any form of communication with a company you deal with, they are certainly not the right choice.

going to try a different company today and see if i get somewhere but my dealing with buffalo area companies has been less then stellar. think too many hot wings at night and can't move in the A.M