Whole Foods Marketfood poisoning

In December of 2008, I had cheese samples while walking through the store. I also purchased a couple items from the store that I had for lunch. Within an hour I was sick and later in the evening I became violently ill. In the middle of the night I ended up unconscious on the bathroom floor and was taken to the emergency room in an ambulance. The emergency room doctor confirmed the timeframe for the food poisoning from the cheese. I sent my bills to the company months ago and all they do is stall but they don't pay the bills. They won't even process the claim if I don't go to the store and allow them to take a copy of my driver's license. Whole Foods has been very uncooperative and unresponsive. Apparently the company's "Core Values" do not apply across the board. There is a Better Business Bureau complaint filed and available online

• Jp
    jpmedallion Apr 27, 2009

If an organization capitalizes on the phrase "core values" it should PAY-UP! I have spent thousands of dollars with this store. I now have to re-think my patronage to this allegedly community conscious company.

• Ri
    Richard Jul 10, 2009

Purchased fresh wild shrimp at the Brighton, MA location of Whole Foods/Bread and Circus. Slightly suspicious regarding freshness of 2 or 3 of the shrimp purchased. Telephoned store and spoke with manager. Potential problem immediateley explained by manager as a difference in coloring when dealing with wild shrimp versus farm raised shrimp. I have been a satisfied customer of this store for over 10 years, very few problems - until now. The shrimp in question were bad. Store manager, Donna, refused to take any action. In this instance, she dismissed a basic health issue.

• Wh
    wholefoodscustomer Oct 21, 2009

I got very bad food poisoning from eating some tofu from the cold bar and some rice from the hot bar at a Whole Foods store in Massachusetts. Within 20 minutes of eating the food I became violently ill at work. They are either recycling the food, i.e. it is not fresh or they are not handling the food in the hot bar/cold bar properly, i.e. maintaining the required temperatures while the food it out.

Apparently it is very unsafe to leave cooked rice out long after making it or to reheat and reserve cooked rice.

• Ar
    areyoukiddingmewiththis Jul 03, 2010

You can't get food poisoning in an hour from cheese. the incubation period of food borne illness is 24 hours

• Re
    Reviewer83194 Feb 29, 2016

I don't think product is real Monterey Jack. It would not truly melt over burritos in the oven at 350 for 30 min.

Best By Date May 23 16
    PC C2 16:37 B

SKU [protected]

With all the talk of wood fiber in cheese these days just thought Id mention this product. I make this recipe often and never experienced anything like it. Little taste and wouldn't melt.