Menu
Whitepages
reviews & complaints

Whitepages
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

29 complaints
3 resolved 26 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Whitepages. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
1:40 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whitepages - personal information accessed and exposed

My name is Fanta Mcadoo. As an artist I am Afrodikee Huvah Love. My website address is
www.afrodikee-entertainment.com
As you can see from my website an online store I have website that involves lots of nudity. I do not need my complete info available like your services have done. This is why people info get stolen. As a matter of fact you could be the ones responsible for identity theft. I will be contacting my attorney immediately. I want my information removed immediately before I end up with stalkers due to the nature of my videos. I will be going to great extremes to assure that proper actions are taken against your company blatantly posting crucial information like this. I will not surrender more info to your company to have my info removed. This should be against the law if one has not granted such permission. Where in the hell am I when this happens.

T
10:27 am EST

Whitepages - database history

Requesting to OPT OUT of any company's database, means not be over looked or set with a time period (6 months of removing public data) and then restoring the data without notification and then you have iformation being provided to the public that is outdated (breech's statue of limitations laws, privacy rights, and defamation of ones character). At what point do we take control and prevent this from happening to avoud ruining a person or person's life. Too many companies such as these out source their customer service departments and you end up dealing with individuals who do not care what is beig reported, do not care that you have false information provided, and at some poimt will take you information and utilize so that they can perform idenity theft in some fashion. We have no checks and balances n place for companies such as this and if the world is too large for companies to control what they publish per haps they should be fined for just cause of not following guidelines that protect the consumer.

D
6:53 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
Whitepages has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My information is being displayed again without my consent. I've tried to deleted and their system doesn't allow me. This is a nightmare since I'm being harassed by private calls numbers and am receiving nasty letters in my mail. The link they provided doesn't allow me to delete my information allowing those who have been harassing me to see my private info.

N
3:15 am EDT

Whitepages - information

I'm shocked!
These guys spread information about people without their notice.
I was contacted by a person who I did not even know and when I asked him where did he get my phone number he said that he found it on www.whitepages.com. And that's not all! They also have my address there and everyone can actually find where I live!
I don't want that information to be available to everyone! How dare they do those kind of things? It is absolutely illegal!

M
2:03 pm EDT
Replied
Whitepages has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whitepages - dreadful website!

I wanted to try this site and filled in my own name. I wanted to know does this people search really works. So when I entered my name it showed me a list of people that I know. But I had no idea who they were! And also I want to say that in my opinion Whitepages is a dreadful place. You can actually write down a name of the person and you'll see his number, his age and the worst part his address! It is not safe! I don't want everyone to know where I live. Is this even legal?

2 comments
B
Aug 17, 2021 11:58 am EDT

There should be no way that this is legal! I feel the same as you! I wonder if they can be sued? They have all of my information wrong except my dang phone number and address - the TWO things you do NOT want people to be able to get! There has got to be a way to put an end to Whitepages.com. THEY SUCK! I am going to be talking to an attorney about my options for them giving out erroneous information.

A
Aug 15, 2020 5:49 pm EDT

I recently moved but the information in the white pages shows only the old address. How can I update the white pages with my new address?

L
12:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made a comment earlier but it didn't give me a chance to rate it. So Here it is - I wish I could give it zero. They have my company info on this site. We don't want our info on sites like this. It harms our reputation. We have never requested it. The info they have is wrong and it upsets our customers if they stumble on that site and have wrong info. The...

H
3:26 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WhitePages.com refuses to take responsibility for the outdated information they publish in their business listings. For seven months, we have tried to get them to remove two listings for our business that have completely outdated information and to correct one listing that lists a phone number that is no longer in service. Their response every time has been...

P
3:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Whitepages.com has a link to remove listings from their website but it seems to be a SCAM. I found someone on their website that is listed using my address and phone number. The person DOES NOT live at my address. I went to their "remove listing" link where they require you to copy an image for the listing to be removed. The letters and numbers are so...

E
3:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to whitepages.com to look for a friend's phone number and address. I ended up on their pay site. I entered my credit card and purchased the contact information for my buddy. I was fine paying for it. My credit card statement came and the charge was there from peoplesmart or something like that. Now a month later I get my next credit card statement...

Whitepages contacts