Menu

reviews & complaints

Free Phone Tracer Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Free Phone Tracer, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Free Phone Tracer has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Free Phone Tracer. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Free Phone Tracer complaints 8

Sort by:

Newest Free Phone Tracer reviews & complaints

L
8:37 am EDT

Free Phone Tracer freephonetracer.com

I've used their service once two years ago and paid less than a $1 for that. Completely forgot about them until today I've opened my Paypal account and found the charge of $19.95 for last month. To my surprise I see they have charged me this amount every month for last two years.

L
4:03 pm EDT

Free Phone Tracer scam

This company did not supply any information that was not already known and yet charged me $9.95. Do not do business with a company that accepts no responsibility for the quality of their service/information and refers customers to their disclaimer warranty. What a bogus outfit. The customer service is a total scam. There is no service fro customers.

S
8:15 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Free Phone Tracer VERY HIDDEN CHARGES

FreePhoneTracer.com
If you're going to use this Look-Up Service to find out who is the owner of a phone number, BE VERY CAREFUL.
IT IS FAR FROM BEING FREE! I was willing to pay the charge for looking up one number and provided my PayPal account for my payment. WHAT I DID NOT KNOW IS IN THE VERY FINE PRINT THE COMPANY BEGINS TO CHARGE YOU $19.95 PER MONTH UNTIL YOU CALL THEM AND CANCEL THE SERVICE. OF COURSE, I DID NOT CHECK MY PALPAL ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH TO SEE WHAT HAS BEEN CHARGED AND I ENDED UP PAYING FOR SEVERAL MONTHS OF $19.95 CHARGES.

WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEL AND COMPLAIN, THE NICE LADY SAID IT IS LIKE YOU JOIN A EXERCISE CLUB. YOU GET CHARGED WHETHER YOU USE THE SERVICE OR NOT.

WATCH OUT PLEASE AND DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE.

Hide full review

Is Free Phone Tracer legit?

Our verdict: Free Phone Tracer's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate Free Phone Tracer's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

Free Phone Tracer earns 63% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: Free Phone Tracer rated around 63% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

The age of Free Phone Tracer's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Freephonetracer.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Free Phone Tracer website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Freephonetracer.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Multiple low-rated websites are found on the same server. There could be such as technical issues or poor website optimization. To determine if the websites are part of a scam, it's important to review them and look for signs of fraudulent activity.
  • Freephonetracer.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The freephonetracer.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Free Phone Tracer protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Free Phone Tracer. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
T
5:56 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Free Phone Tracer FRAUDULENT CHARGE

Company advertises that it will trace telephone numbers - usually those used by scammers. It turns out FreePhoneTracer is also a scammer. They charge a 0.49 for a "free trial", which will become a monthly charge of 9.95 if not canceled within five days. They have you create a login user id and password. Then they reject the password so that you cannot even try to cancel the subscription. I have instructed my credit card company to deny the charge (already made within a few minutes of signing up) and hopefully to block the company from seeking further payments. ###.

Read full review of Free Phone Tracer and 2 comments
2 comments
futuretirebiter
Bethesda, US
Apr 29, 2014 10:45 pm EDT

Total ### - did the same thing to me - first they do some sort of smoke and mirror trick about refunding the .49 after they are "unable to provide service" then they take it back out - and in my case there is a 19.95 charge on my account today which will not be on there tomorrow after I get hold of the slime.

futuretirebiter
Bethesda, US
Apr 29, 2014 10:43 pm EDT

Pure ### and I don't know how they get away with it.

B
3:17 pm EDT

Free Phone Tracer FRAUD/SCAM

First 0ff, the only thing "Free" about this company is that you can type in 10 digits! That's it! If you want to do anything else BOY IS IT GONNA COST YOU! I was lead to believe that they would "trace cell phones, land lines, etc. They charge $9.99 for ONE NUMBER RESULT. I choose a one year membership and paid $23.40 on my credit card (used Pay Pal) cause I have always trusted them. I put MY OWN CELL PHONE # in to check their claims. (HAD TO PAY THE MONEY FIRST)! The info provided to me was the WRONG phone carrier, issued to "Sam" (I don't even know a SAM) it gave an address I've never even came close to being at, etc. I was puzzled; so I hit see full report. I was then ADVISED THAT I had to purchase "TOKENS" to use my membership! I cancelled immediately! Well, I TRIED TO! The only way to cancel is to click an "I want to cancel" button, which then states your membership has been cancelled; BUT YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND! I launched a complaint with Pay Pal... I'm still SOOOO puzzled that Pay Pal would associate with this BOGUS/FRUADULANT/SCAM of a "company"!

Read full review of Free Phone Tracer and 2 comments

2 comments
R
R
R. Cox
Saratoga, US
Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm EDT

I agree. I was charged the stated fee of $0.49 for the trace of one cell phone number and that was over a week ago. Now they are trying to charge me $19.95 for who knows what. I have asked my bank Wells Fargo to not pay the pending fee.

G
G
guero303030
, US
Jan 10, 2014 3:15 pm EST

The almost same thing happened to me. I could not agree with you more.

S
9:59 am EDT

Free Phone Tracer Stay away from them!

I used free phone tracer.com to trace my phone number. I paid them $10 but never received any service. Stay away from them!

T
12:13 pm EST

Free Phone Tracer Fraud

Every cell number i traced came up unlisted and they then offered to supply the name and address for 7. 95 additional search. I had put in a number of numbers to test their truthfulness. One i had already gotten the name and address off another search site, and another just the name. It also listed one with the wrong cell phone company as i had found the person who was using a different provider. Basically they are a bait and switch outfit who sign you up for these unlimited phone searches that are supposed to supply name and address when available and then get you to run another search for additional charge

Read full review of Free Phone Tracer and 1 comment

They collect $19.95 without warning me before

C
11:29 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i don't0 know who's in charge of this site and/or service, but personally - i have never been to it, i have never visited the site, i had never used it, and today out of the blue - i just happened to be looking up my online bank, and noticed an unusual charge coming from this "freephonetracer.com" company, in the amount of $49.95. Not once, not twice, NINE...

Read full review of Free Phone Tracer and 36 comments
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Free Phone Tracer contacts