Westgate Resortsclass action

W Review updated:

Attention Westgate Victims:

Visit this website: utahstories.com. Read the article Timeshare Traps and Your Legal Rights. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the article, post a comment (tell your story), and submit. They will respond quickly and you won't be sorry!!! Class action in waiting.

Good Luck!

• Qu
    Quishana Woodley Aug 22, 2020

Westgate is a waste they don't report on your credit like they said.You are dishing out more money than its worth.I have had timeshare almost 2 years and the deed is still not recorded.I am filing bankruptcy and the treasurer may take timeshare and resale it because of this.I feel like I was ripped off!!!

stephanie mj Apr 24, 2020

We were misled also. I felt like I could not get out of there unless I bought one. They lied to us too. I didnt want it but felt pressured to buy it. They said we could use it anytime every other year. when I try to they end up saying I had to pay maintenance fee first. We just got the time share and put 1800 cash down and they wanted another 500? Then they say we can only use it Monday -Thursday which we were told anytime every other year. I tried to book when we first bought it and couldn't book because there was none available. Then they wanted us to do all this advertising to sell for them but I would never advise anyone to buy from them. I stopped payment on our card and they went ahead and started charging it again. They are the worst I want in on the lawsuit too

• Qu
    Quishana Woodley Aug 22, 2020

@stephanie mj I want in on the lawsuit as well!!!

• Th
    The yooper rickster Jan 21, 2020

We made the mistake of buying a one week time share back in the early 2000's. We never stayed there but did trade for another week stay somewhere else several times in the early years of our ownership. There was always a fairly hefty fee to trade. We paid off the "mortgage" in just a couple years and continued to pay the yearly fees. We have not used our place nor traded in years. Not much was available when we wanted it and the fees were too high. Eventually, the calls began (sometimes 10 a day), which we ignored. We've paid two companies fairly high fees to get us out this mess with, of course, no results. One of the companies was actually recommended to us by the company that arranges the trades (I forget the name). Recently we received a letter from Westgate that said "call us, let's get this settled" or words to that effect. So I called and told them I would never send them any money and I didn't want the timeshare. They replied that they had a warranty deed in lieu of foreclosure that we could sign and, apparently, give back the timeshare. The only catch was we had to send or give them $550 to get the form. We have to contact them by Jan. 31 to arrange this. I have to admit I am tempted to do this just to finally be rid of the timeshare. I hope it is legit. Not sure how the foreclosure would have worked, but I wasn't worried about their threat to do that and report it to the credit bureau. Credit ratings are not that important to me at my age. Any advice?

• Ni
    Nir2005 Feb 22, 2019

We want out! We were approached in Gatlinburg, Tennessee about the Westgate Resort. We attended the seminar and of course folded under the high pressure tactics. We fully intended to use the resort but life happened and for ten years we were unable to vacation anywhere. We paid the increasing maintenance fees, and mortgage payments. We finally got an opportunity to spend four days at Westgate, Gatlinburg in 2018. Nice room but there was instant pressure to upgrade our timeshare. On the fourth day of our stay we attended a meeting and because we felt our life could sustain an occasional vacation (Like idiots), upgraded our package. My wife and I discussed later how everything was smoke and mirrors during the presentation. We feel scammed, we have begun trying to unload this money pit and the great investment that was portrayed to us by the salesman is worthless. I called Westgate trying to get the cheapest way out and was told they don't have any return policies. Of course they said we could transfer ownership to someone else but to be honest I value my friends and family and don't want them to be screwed over. So, we are modest people looking for a way to get out of this horrible situation, that has s
    o far cost us about $5, 000 a night to use. Please help.

• Ms
    Ms DG Nov 29, 2018

I have been an owner in Gatlinburg for many years and have had many occasions where we were unable to use the property. We went to Florida and stayed at Westgate. I had reserved three 2-bedroom condos and requested they be next to each other. When we arrived, the rooms were in different buildings. Several hours later and many different conversations with management, I finally got everyone in one building but different floors. We did not get keys to the last room until 11pm after I again walked back to the reservation center and complained to management. (we arrived at 4pm). The water park was constantly closed due to potential bad weather threat even though all the other pools remained open. One day we were planning on taking the kids to the pool and I put our towels in the car as I was loading other items in the car. My son got arrested for "stealing towels" when security saw him take the towels out of the car. As an owner I have the right to use all the amenities so why was my son arrested. They put the pool towels in the bathroom - how are you suppose to get them to the pool???? It cost $1, 000 to bail him out and another $4, 000 for the attorney. The case was eventually dropped but we then had to pay an additional $2, 500 to have his record expunged.
    Total this vacation cost almost $10, 000 plus the monthly cost of buying the property, yearly taxes and fees. Additionally - why did the property fees go up in Gatlinburg when the property burned down and half of the property has not been rebuilt? Just more fees I am required to pay.

YES, I want to sue.

• Jt
    jtsad Jun 18, 2018

We are so unhappy with Westgate .They have lied to us so many times. I would love to be a part of a class action lawsuit.

• I would like to join a LEGITIMATE class action suit against Westgate Resort Florida TOWERS for their predatory lending and sales practices. I could go on for days.

• Please NO TIMESHARE CANCELLATION GROUP CONTACT ME. I AM NOT IN THE MOOD. This vicious cycle of Predatory sales and lending practices conducted by Westgate Resorts by THE THOUSANDS and the inability for the victims to be heard and the predatory practices of the EXIT CANCELLATION COMPANIES that COMPOUND the injuries HAS TO STOP. How many hundreds of thousands of people is the government going to allow to be brutalized. These are innocent people - middle class - who fell into a trap and we all seem to feel there is no way out. How can that be? Where is Michael Moore!!! He would tell the truth.

steffi6829 Sep 04, 2018

@Westgatesuckslifefrom your soul Hi, my husband and I fell for the mountain of lies and empty promises last year in June. We also were not told that we could rescind after so many day when we purchased at the Orlando location while staying in Vegas. We have been trying to get out of this thing as soon as we started reading all of the negative results. Nothing! I've reached out to them as they now have their "Legacy program" to see if we would qualify as their website is very vague about who could qualify and who could not. I was then told that the only way they would take it back if we had paid of the ENTIRE amount we owe and pay them $900 to process the deed return. I'll be damned to pay them any more money, just so they can turn around and scam out another person of $20K+. Basically I would be paying them to take it back just so they can make a profit on it again. I asked them how stupid they thought I was to even consider such a one sided deal and to stick it. We really just want out and are wondering if there are any LEGITIMATE class action lawsuits happening against Westgate we could join. I'm absolutely exhausted over this crap!

• Mi
    Michael Green Apr 08, 2018

My ex-wife and i purchased a timeshare at Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee back in 2000 for every even year. The timeshare we purchased, along with the resort, have not been maintained since. We just want out of a very bad investment.

• Lr
    lrogariburns Feb 14, 2018

We purchased our Westgate Villas, Kissimmee, Fl in 2004 for every other year. We were misled to believe this timeshare would be updated even brought into the same building with a newly renovated unit and shown how ours would look. Last time were there in 2014 nothing had changed; same carpets furniture EVERYTHING, except now it comes with a smell. I complained and asked how they can charge me maintenance fees if it wasn't being maintained. I was told tough luck and basically walked out crying. We asked for them to take it back or sell it. They laughed at us.
    When we purchased our very quick talking salesperson promised us we would be able to sell in the future if we needed to. In 2015 we paid an independent company to sell it for a penny. After we paid their fees they said no one will buy WESTGATE!
    HELP! NO RESALE COMPANIES PLEASE

• Sk
    SKLinville Dec 06, 2017

Our timeshare headaches started on May 30th 2017. We went to the presentation for the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and Spa, wow those salespeople are relentless. They do not have a conscious they don't care we ended up purchasing a 4 bedroom Lock off. They played our timeshare ignorance it war our first timeshare presentation. So seems to be every time we expressed concern the spun us into something awesome to distract us. by saying something to our 16 yr old son. So we bought into the spiel and made the leap. After all the said we could WILL it to our children that had us thinking 4 bedrooms 3 children. come to find out the mini getaway the gave had to be used well they even misled us on that. As parents we thought we could fix what we just got into contacting them at the same time sitting up our little getaway, which they told us we could take after 4 months in to the timeshare. All of our payments are current after all and1 yr of HOA for 2019. They really play on buying the timeshare she said our isn't built. So she said look up there on the mountain that is where our place will be. They never mentioned the cool off period she told she even gave us her cell number. I started having some questions, I call Jourdon if that's her real name so when I called the number and got the old this number has been disconnected. Felt like I just got punched in the face with all the lies I would find out later. Now we are contemplating to on getting a lawyer since I call the Owners Management keep passing my call around in a big circle. They don't care about your problems just keep paying and if we don't that may lose our farm.

What can we do ? [email protected]

• Ha
    hatte Dec 06, 2017

Acct#[protected]
    Purchased a 7 night resort stay to use at any time once it was paid in full. Upon paying it we have tried numerous times to make reservations in the one bedroom unit that we paid for to be told over and over that there are no rooms, no rooms, no rooms. I was told yesterday maybe I should have read my contract. I am very unhappy with the service and availability. It is very frustrating that I call to make a reservation am told there are no room available but I can go to the Westgate resort website and book the same room. So there are rooms available just not for someone like me who purchased one of these useless packages. The people that misrepresented the package and the people are the phone are representing Westgate as a whole and it is not a good representation. I feel as if I have paid my money now nobody cares. At this point and refund would be the best option but according to my contract that is not going to happen either.

• Ka
    Kate Chandler Oct 23, 2017

I have been paying on my Westgate Travel Club for nearly 2 years, after putting a $500 deposit down. I was promised 2 weeks at a Westgate property for $500, however, EVERY time I have attempted to book anything with them at multiple locations they are fully booked supposedly. However, when you go to their OWN reservation site they are not and still offer discounted stays for people willing to sit through the travel club or timeshare sales pitch. I love to travel but make limited income working for a non-profit. I thought that this would make travelling easier, instead it has made it harder since I am strapped with the monthly payment of almost $230 plus the yearly fee (FOR WHAT? I have no idea). It all sounded great, but after wasting so much money I am left with nothing for my children and I to use. I would love to get some of my money back since to this day I have not used ONE WG week and only 2 Getaway weeks that did not save me hardly anything. The discounted airfare is a scam also. The whole thing is a scam.
    Kathryn Chandler
    [email protected]

• Hi
    Highrise Aug 27, 2017

We have been owners for a long time but this last time we were told we were going to the top of the mountain to see the new buildings and other things they were adding to the property. After we got up there they put us in a tent like building and started pressuring us to by more property it was to be a 30 min showing of only the new buildings, but they kept us up there 5 hours and would not bring us down the mountain until we bought more property. Now my husband has Parkinsons so we could not get back down the mountain until they took us on a golf cart. Now we are stuck paying more than we can afford on the fees [email protected] [protected]
    Michael and Darlene Gibson

Samuel Parfait Aug 25, 2017

Westgate showed us one place but sold us another, then a year later when we went to see what we got they told us they can not help us that we took to long to figure it out we want to sue these people
    If someone can lead me to a lawyer my number is
    [protected]

• Cp
    cpac May 15, 2017

I didnt purchase anything. but I feel like I was harrassed and degraded for 3 hours and held against my will. Is there any class action law suits for this.

• Pr
    Premey N Tom Joyner Apr 21, 2017

My wife and I were pressured into buying into this mess in April, 2016. We visited under the guise that we were going to receive a gift reward for listening to the presentation. To make a long story, of an 8 hour day wasted, short. We were passed from person to person, each one claiming higher decision making power, until our heads ached and we would do anything to get away. We finally succumbed to the unbearable pressure and started signing page after page of our life away. Since then, we have made our payments and thus far, we have attempted three times to use our vacation privileges. Each attempt has been met with one of two answers from Westgate; 1. You are not eligible for that week. 2. There is nothing available during your desired week.
    In essence, we are paying for something we can never use.
    All we want is our deposit and payments back. We are not looking to get rich. I'm sure Westgate can dupe somebody else into buying our package.
    Is there anyone out there willing to champion this cause?

• Vi
    VinceTammie Sep 22, 2016

West Gate lures you in then charges fees for everything. When my wife and I first bought in 2001 it was a great place to vacation and exchanging our week to go to other places was wonderful. Now HOA fees have gone to just under $1000 and exchanging to another resort costs, splitting my lock-out costs, splitting my week costs. We have started the process of trying to get out of the timeshare and Westgate is playing hardball, they have the time and the resources to drag out the process while we are paying the fees. Yes, we want to be included in the class action suit as this company is truly deceitful in their practices and has no regard for the owner/customer as long as they get their money.

John Dees Mar 26, 2016

I joined the west gate travel club in Branson Missouri and paid 2000.00 up front and have been paying ever since it was purchased when my ex fiance and i got sucked in and her and i are no longer an item and all i want is out of the contract i never used it at all, it would be nice if they sent my money back but i would settle for just being rid of them and the daily harassment calls. I spoke to a lawyer who sat on my paperwork and contract for a month and did nothing i finally went to his office only to hear i cant do anything except pay it or go to Florida and hire a arbitrator and try to work something out, this is a horrible ordeal to be stuck in a scam like this. I wish i new how to get them out of my life.

Andres Ibarra Sep 23, 2015

there is a lot a complaint about west gate resorts why the board of complaint can not take action knowing that is a rip off the ceo david seaigel is person living a good life w/ the money of the buyers it has to be a solution to stop this rip off no one can do nothing about this big rip off its time for david siagel to step out thanks.

• Am
    Amill Jun 02, 2015

I was in Orlando on vacation and went in to see a 30 minute presentation on timeshare with no commitment that turned out to be a 6 hour sales pitch by a relentless woman who would not take no for an answer. It was so hard to say no to this woman that I told them I had an expired ID to see if I could get out of buying. The man took the expired ID and said he would ignore it. They notarized the contract with an expired ID. So 2 days later as soon as I got home I called and cancelled and sent it to them in writing. That was 8 months ago and I'm still being harassed by a representative from their legal department trying to get me to pay for the timeshare that I cancelled within the 10 days allowed. Please if there is a class action lawsuit I'd like to know. My email is [email protected]

• Kt
    k.Timmons May 20, 2015

West gate is a scam! They lied to us and kept us there for 7 hours putting us in different rooms. We were so tired! We want in the class action law suit. West gate has done so many people wrong! Its time to stand up to them and stop this!!!

• El
    elizaneth cook Apr 20, 2015

we were very misled never told we ha 10 days to change our mind and so much more

Christina Davis Jan 13, 2015

2004 we bought Timeshare and to this day I have been in my timeshare one day out of 10 years . Its a wast of Money the Maintances fees went from 399 to 791 its seems they get plenty of Money yearly to fix any problems they have . plus they never have a place when you want to go . you can travel and take a wonderful vacation with your family for that cost plus all the cost up front. I am now divorced and I can't get my ex to help me . I just want out !!!anyone here want to buy a timeshare . JK thanks for letting me vent

• Hu
    Hunter007 Nov 11, 2014

Attorneys should really take on these complaints!! I got sucked into westgate lies and empty promises! There is no integrity with this company's sales tactics! I am a victim of WG Las Vegas Resort!

• Ce
    Cedric Grice Aug 25, 2014

Westgate Smoky mountion Tn lie to me openup a credit line on meand I did no see it until I got home they talk real fast and stuff and they also gave me one price and gave me another different one they are scam and ripoff I sent everything back try to cancel my contract before its to later

• Ao
    aobezo28 Aug 20, 2014

Everything that was told in the beginning has been the opposite of what was told be include me in the lawsuit I just want my down payment back and cancel. This has put a hardship on my family . [email protected]

Anth Karb Dec 10, 2013

The key here folks is to never succumb to high pressure sales tactics. Just went through a sales presentation with Westgate in Las Vegas and the moment they told me that all the "good offers" will only apply if we purchased then and there without taking the time to think about it and do some research I immediately told them that there is no way on this green earth that I was going to make a financial decision on an impulse even if heaven and earth was promised to me. I told them that nothing they could say would change my mind and I was not going to buy on just their say so. I told them that the fact that they would not give me time to think about this and do my research tells me something is not right, any credible deal will give you time to think about it. They started getting upset and I told them that has even made me more determined not to buy.

I am sorry to say that most of these sales people are poorly educated scam artists, their numbers, calculations and logic don't make sense. When they continued their pressure and won't let us go, I decided to google Westgate timeshare review on my phone and boy eere they negative. I just showed that to the 3rd guy that came to try and sell me something and asked him if he would put a dime on something that had such bad reviews. That was the end of the sales ordeal we had to endure for 2 hours. Moral of the story is never spend thousands of dollars to get a free show.

• Sl
    Slickyrick Oct 18, 2013

We purchased a timeshare in Orlando and was happy with what we got then we went to gatlinburg we wanted to view the property and when we did they showed us a room that we loved so then we up graded but the room we purchased was not built yet so the next year when we got to us it the room was not even close to what they showed us we were so upset that we talked to some people who had the same problem when I had westgate show me the room they told me was comparable the management agreed it was not comparable nd if I wanted one like it it would be 8000 dollars more i tod them no way then I stopped paying them so all in all I was a westgate owner for 5 yrs only used it twice and paid over 14000 dollars when I gave it back then when they had me sign a paper to give it back they told me it wouldn't affect my credit well they lied about that to

STAY AWAY FROM WESTGATE May 12, 2013

Westgate...Travel Club Smokey Mountain
    date: 5-12-13
    user: gunterm
    salesperson 303 beales fredrick

The best thing about any interaction with the staff of westgate, would be the person on the street who asks you to go visit the “resort” other than that the rest of the personnel could go back in the hole from whence they crawled out of.
    I should have known better. I have heard the horror stories, but that $150.00 offer on the last day of my trip was the selling point to get me in the door.
    I sat through the presentation, I went on their little tour, I gave them almost three hours of my time and all along, I was telling them I did not want their product.
    I had to get VERY upset and tell them I was ready to leave.
    After an exchange of words, with a manager type person, I was finally given my paper to go and find my way to the “prize”desk to collect my “gift”.
    PLEASE LISTEN, HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WESTGATE
    HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WESTGATE.
    You will leave feeling like you have done something, but they will have screwed you and not even asked your permission.
    STAY AWAY FROM WESTGATE.

• We
    wefoughtwestgateandWON Oct 05, 2012

THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD NEWS... I was very worried that I would too remain a victim of this timeshare company after reading so many bad scam reviews AFTER I already signed...

I am pleased to say that I have SUCCESSFULLY cancelled a Westgate contract for a loan assumption & got my FULL REFUND FOR MY DOWN PAYMENT OF $1, 789.00

We were lied to & told that we had a rescission period of 5 days. We signed the contract September 2, 2012. After mailing back ALL their materials on the 3rd day express mail with delivery confirmation; I sent MULTIPLE letters to Westgate, their corporate office, the Better Business Bureau, my bank & cancelled my debit card to prevent further transactions...

At 1st a Westgate rep called me to "resolve" the matter & insisted I couldnt PROVE I was told a rescission because the document was omitted from the keepsake binder they gave us at the last minute as we were literally pushed out the door. So I called their bluff & said ok no biggie, I'll just sue for the money & attorney fees & pain/suffering in court.

The representative stated she would call me back (September 27th) which she did; however she informed me that she was told by the director not to cancel & the property would foreclose. Again...NO BIGGIE... I'LL JUST SUE

Today, October 5, 2012 I received a call from the same rep in the corporate office in Florida CONFIRMING that the contract would be cancelled & the FULL refund to be received within 3 weeks.

I RECORDED ALL THE CONVERSATIONS ON MY CELL PHONE...DOCUMENTED EVERYTHING & MADE SURE TO GET FULL NAMES INCLUDED WITHIN MY COMPLAINT & PRAISE GOD WE WON!!!

• Da
    Davewaves1 Jan 15, 2012

Hello i am Dave waves i am a loan lender i give loans to those companies, individuals, and the needy and i give loan at a low rate interest so email us via [email protected] for more info

• Li
    Liz Aza Jan 15, 2012

To CQW, can you list out the agencies you sent letters to? I started doing the same last week and will be writing to as many agencies as I can. I even wrote to Jon Yates of Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/problemsolver/). I also filed a complaint with "Call For Action" and "FTC" but I think FTC will not act on it until they receive enough complaints about the company. Was your credit ruined because you did not pay them? I'm planning to do the same. To everyone else victimized by Westgate, file complaints to as many consumer agencies as you can. The more complaints they receive the faster they will investigate the Westgate scam.

• Se
    Serious Sharon Aug 22, 2011

I want to be a part of the class action lawsuit. My husband and i purchased westgate in 2004. We were deceived also. They never mention maintenance fees in the orientation. We were told if our referrals purchased we would receive compensation and thats a way to pay for your timeshare. I have had many people to purchase under my referral and ive never been compensated. Class Action Lawsuit! Class Action Lawsuit! Class Action Lawsuit! Class Action Lawsuit! Class Action Lawsuit!

• Em
    emptypockets May 11, 2011

My husband and I bought at Westgate Vacations Villas thru Century 21 resales in 2000 since then we have divorced and I have been unemployed for 2 years. I asked Westgate to take back the timeshare and they said no. I paid a resale company $500 upfront to sell which has never happened, in fact I can't find it on their website at all. I did not pay the fees this year and now the collection department is calling each day. What can I do?

• Lp
    Lpool9 Apr 07, 2011

We originally bought a timeshare in Vegas called Flamingo Bay. We bought because we were told we would be able to travel anywhere in the world. In 2009 we used the above unit for the first time and unfortunately went to an 'owner's meeting' turned out to be a sales presentation.

We were told that if we paid $6000 more we could get a place on the strip and it would be much easier to exchange (we originally bought so we could travel and found it was harder than they said it would be)

We paid the extra money. I nearly fell over when i went to bank unit and was told we could no longer exchange because we only have 4 days now. This was a definite bait and switch and contract was so ambiguous we were truly fooled.

• Ly
    Lynn Tiasa Apr 07, 2011

I bought a 2bed/2bath Westgate Lake back in 2007...I paid $13K with $750 maintentance+ $150 exchange fees. I have paid over $1K for 2 websites promising to sell within 90 days...and now, 4 years later with no results. I cannot afford this anymore...PLEASE KINDLY HELP ME OUT :(

• Un
    Uncle GJ Apr 03, 2011

We bought Westgate in Gatlinburgin 06 during "Preconstruction Phase" no buldings to tour. When we went to use it in 09, we found out that it is NOT Handicapped Accessible in any way.
    When we complained, we were told that the only thing we could do was to buy a unit in a building with an elevator for about $50/60, 000 more and we would have to sell our old unit ourselves. As a 100% Disabled War Time American Veteran this is wrong, but we are having trouble getting someone to help us in this case because it's "not worth their time". Any suggestions would help.

[email protected]

• Pi
    pissed232 Mar 07, 2011

We bought our bi-annual time, 3 years ago...last year when we decided and were able schedule wise to use it...found out that the sales people had lied to us outright. Too bad the salesman and the "vp" of the sale force have previously been "let go"...so we were told that we must just have misunderstood all the details. Now we are stuck with a timeshare that we pay dues, mortgage etc., but if we actually want to use it, we have to pay $650 to use it!! Can buy a real property for less!

• Ad
    adag Mar 01, 2011

My husband & I had purchased a condo in Orlando, Fl w Westgate Resorts in Aug. of 2009. Then in Nov. 2009 my husband went to Las Vegas & stopped by the new Planet Hollywood Hotel, he asked if he could stay there since he had bought in Florida. They told him "NO" cause it was a 7 star hotel & what he bought was a 5 star! They told him he needed to upgrade there. He decieded to upgrade to a 7 star & monthly paymnts would increase. Now after almost 2 yrs. We find out that he did not have to upgrade, he could have stayed there. So now we have a more expensive payment for no reason. Just cause either they did not know the information correct or they were just lying to us to get commission for selling something!! What can we do in this situation? [email protected]