Western Unionwestern union holding my money

M

I sent money on Nov.29, 2016 to a Chinese manufacturer to purchase products for a on going project. Normally the receiver should be able to pick up payment the next day. But this time the receiver was told the money was held. I also got a phone call and email telling us we needed to submit the receiver's photo ID and translation the information on the ID into English. And we did it right way. Got their auto email response that they received it and submitted it to their higher level for validation. It's being a whole week now. Every day we spend at least an hour on average talking to a few reps and holding for being transferred from one to another. And every time we are told the money is on hold for validation. I just want the money back! I requested the refund. But I was told my money was safe there. I am not depositing the money in a safe account! I sent cash to purchase products. I need the money back so that I can wire the payment to the manufacturer asap!
How long is WU authorized to hold customer's money? Any one has similar experiences?

Click here to Reply or Forward

western union holding my money
western union holding my money

Joanna Gall Jun 21, 2017

We had the same experience trying to send money overseas. My husband got a message that Western Union needed to review this transaction, though he had successfully completed the same transaction online several times. They proceeded to deduct the money AFTER he called to check the status and have them tell him they would not be sending the money. So they made the decision not to complete the transaction, THEN they deducted the funds anyway. No reason given for any of this. Lesson learned. Always use MoneyGram. It is easy and cheaper!! I'm not sure what's up with Western Union, but beware of their policies. Now we'll just wait to see if and when we get the refund.