Western Unionmoney has been stolen from my account!

Due to Western Union's negligence to use the three digit security code on the back of a debit/credit card, someone was able to make an online transaction to send over $2,000.00 of my money to someone out of the country.

I am unable to point the finger at whom ever got a hold of my info, I don't know who it is. However if Western Union had required, or that of does require the 3 digit security code and let it by pass, this wouldn't have happened. They should make it a lot harder to transfer money. If you were the right person trying to make the transaction, you would have all the info they would ask for. Now people who live in a different country are working with people who live in the US and are taking our americans hard earned money. Something needs to be done.

• Updated by faiez · Apr 28, 2018

Dear sir
    am from Iraq and live it turkey and I use western to buy products to Iraq
    why my name is blook I well attach my company Reg and my passport to
    show you please help me out to solve this matter
    best Regards

Kadhim alhasson

• Updated by Bhalchandra · Jun 27, 2018

[email protected]

Angela Denise Green-Mack Mar 05, 2007

On 16 February 2007 I erroneously sent two (2) money transactions using my Suntrust Visa Debit Card via Western Union for a total of $95.00 each.

I did not realize that I had erroneously done the second transaction until I reviewed my bank statement on 22 February 2007. After realizing my mistake I immediately contacted Western Union. I spoke to numerous managers' at Western Union and each of them informed me that they would send a FAX to Suntrust Bank requesting that the authorization code be removed from my account so that the funding could be credited back to my account. They each assured me as well that the funds would be restored to my account within 24 hours. Specifically, I spoke to John Battacourt (Operation #172); T0nya (Operator #584), Josh (Operator #616) and numerous other personnel on this subject. On 27 February the money had still not been returned to my account so I did a three-way call with Suntrust (Operator Lori); Western Union (T0nya, #584) and myself. Tanya informed Suntrust that Western Union had sent a FAX to Suntrust requesting that the authorization code be removed from the transaction so that the money could be restored to my account. The Suntrust Manager (Lori) informed Tonya that Western Union needed to send me a credit to my account so that the funds could be restored. Tonya informed Lori and I that the Western Union operator that took the initial call did not understand and shouldn't have done a cancel but instead a reimbursement to my debit card. Lori also stated that she was doing the transaction and that the funding would be restored in my account in 3 hours. I checked my bank account this morning (28 FEB 07) and as of 10:14 am the money has still not been restored to my account which is the basis of this complaint.

I checked my account and it is not there.

• Ro
    Rolenz Aug 15, 2018

Please help me to unlock/unblock my account in western union I need to send money home as soon as possible.. My nale is Rolen Tayona
    Please. Please please.. Thank you

• Bh
    Bhalchandra Aug 15, 2018

Do not show amount and error please
    Send my email address is india do not show amount and discreptions

• Le
    Le tu quoc thang Aug 20, 2018

Dear western union,

We kindly unblock my name : LE TU QUOC THANG, nationality: VIETNAM,

I has been blocked from Western long time and I need you to unblock for me to receive money .

Regards

LE TU QUOC THANG
    EMAIL: [email protected]

• Ki
    kiki2011 Sep 01, 2018

I keep getting a message that I am blocked but unable to find out why

• Ya
    yassijhen Oct 14, 2018

please help me un block me in western union

• Ga
    Garry.VTE Nov 13, 2018

I went to the Indochina bank, 01 Dec 2016, 23 Singha Road, Vientiane, Laos. To send money the the United Kingdom. I was told I must have a bank account with Indochina bank, before they will send the money! they told me it's their policy.

• Da
    Darlene A Jul 06, 2019

I was scammed out of about 500.00 due to this. You send a fee we will send you 2500.00 or 5000.00 . I sent Google play cards and steam cards as payment or Amazon card . I mean I lost the money . I wish. I had never need did it .

• Da
    Darlene A Jul 06, 2019

• Je
    JeffBrown Aug 01, 2019

I tried to send money to family on July 25th and was told that im blocked from sending money. I have been using the service for several years without incident and now I'm blocked without an explanation.

Jackienn Aug 20, 2019

I've received this email from a western union I guess in Senegal saying someone sent me money and I'm needed to send money to get an FCC for the money to be released.
    As per the screenshots below.
    Kindly advice if this is real or just a scam, fraud email

• Co
    Cornell Ford Sep 24, 2019

I was trying to send money to my wife, tonight. To find out that, I'm blocked from sending money. They gave me a code of R7008. What do that mean? An, why I'm I block? I haven't done anything wrong to be blocked from sending money! You all need to tell me why and fix this!

• Pa
    pauline Rodgers Dec 25, 2019

i was sent money from serbia in augusti was unable to receive the money

when i asked my bank the reason they told me i was blocked

• Mi
    michael123456 Mar 03, 2020

western union number 921673427
    credit card last number :9173
    name : michael centeno
    address: San Jose California . 96116

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices