Werner Enterprises Logo

Werner Enterprises

Having problems with Werner Enterprises?

+1 800 228 2240 (Customer Service)
+1 866 620 8281 (Werner Global Logistics)
+1 800 362 3077 (Driver Recruiting)
+1 877 613 0207 (Driver Recruiting)
+52 866 262 9670 (Mexico, El Paso)
+52 553 067 4700 (Mexico, Mexico City)
+52 956 717 0996 (Mexico, Laredo)
+52 956 717 9955 (Mexico, Laredo)
14507 Frontier Road

Mexico

El Paso
TX Terminal, 11090 Gateway East Lot C, El Paso, TX 79927

Mexico City
Av De Las Palmas #275 Despacho 104, Col. Lomas De Chapultepec, Mexico D.F. C.P. 11000

Laredo
TX Terminal, 1201 Carriers Drive, Laredo, TX 78045

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Werner Enterprises.

Complaints & Reviews

Werner Global ServicesThe check was returned for insufficient funds.

I received a check from Werner Global Services for $1, 899.95 along with a letter that said I was to be a mystery shopper and to deposit the check and take $350.00 out for myself for acting as a mystery shopper. However, the check was returned for insufficient funds. Luckily, I opened a brand new account in a bank that I didn't have any other funds in so that they couldn't get my account information.

• Gi
      GirlWithAPlan Mar 06, 2013

Very well known scam - really, who on earth would send you that much money out of the blue!

Werner Sucks!Training

I just got my CDL and Werner was my starter company. I was excited and went to Allentown, PA for orientation and wait for my trainer. My trainer was amazing but the trucks and employees had something to learn. I had been out for 6 weeks and had only logged 70 hours behind the wheel! Before i had gotten in the truck it had been in the shop 12 times in 2 months for the ac and apu problems. I literally would be 2 days in a truck and 5 in a hotel. I went down there knowing i could of had this done and i was willing to drive hours but every time we would say we wanted a new truck the DM would be rude and say to just get it fixed resulting in 5 days in a hotel each time. Well we finally got to Dallas and after 5 day we got a different truck. Off we went and 6 hours later the truck ac and apu were broken. I spent $250 to take a bus home from Pheonix to Massachusetts. Now i am supposed to go back tomorrow but they have yet to confirm me a bus back down. I am beyond furious but I must stay with them in order to go to Crete with my boyfriend. Dont choose Werner cause the Werner Care We Care campaign in a crock of ###!

Werner Enterprises — Drivers Final Pay

I was a loyal and dedicated Professional driver for Werner Enterprises for almost two years. I drove over...

Werner Enterprises — class action lawsuit info

WERNER TRUCKING STUDENT DRIVER PROGRAM LAWSUIT Have you been part of Student Driver Program of Werner...

Werner Enterprises — The whole damn company

Werner had set up orientation for me and I was excited to finally have a job again and I took the 11 hour bu...

Werner EnterprisesI hate this job

I thought werner was supposed to be a good company with a solid reputation. boy was i wrong..:.

i got lucky with training!. both trainers i had were cool!. i hated living in such close quarters though..

they lied to me so i would go with TCU.. told me i would make '.31 i make /.23 and the most i could ever make with this account is .27.

they are always saying werner cares we care. what a crock of ***. im sick as *** right now and they dont care about anything but money.

i thought i would tough it out and get some experience with these guys. no way... i am quitting asap.

i could make more at almost any company. not only is pay crap, but they cant keep me running screwing up appointments all the time. thats with this account anyways.

the good thing is i generally get long runs (over 1000 miles) then i wait around for several days for another 1. they have only planned a load ahead 1 time! in training they always did that.

• Cr
          crucifyme Feb 29, 2012

WERNER TRUCKING STUDENT DRIVER PROGRAM LAWSUIT
          Have you been part of Student Driver Program of Werner Trucking?
          Where: Any place in the United States.
          When: Any time during the past 3 years.
          If so, you may be eligible to join a collective action nationwide lawsuit.
          This lawsuit alleges that Werner Trucking improperly paid its employees while they attended its Student Driver Program.
          Call us for a FREE consultation to see if you are eligible to be part of this collective action law suit.
          There is no cost for the consultation or to join the lawsuit which is on a contingency basis.
          Contact: Swartz Swidler, LLC Website: www.swartz-legal.com
          Email: [email protected] Telephone: [protected]-LAW-9501

James Sitkin Nov 14, 2013

A former driver for Werner Enterprises has retained my law firm (Law Offices of James M. Sitkin) and the Oakland, CA law firm of Goldstein, Borgen, Dardarian & Ho to investigate whether Werner has paid drivers all lawful wages required by the California Labor Code. Our investigation is evaluating information about pay practices for work performed by Werner drivers in California during the last four years (whether the driver was a resident of California or not). As part of our investigation, we would like to talk with current and former Werner drivers about their work experiences at Werner in California. This is not an offer to represent you or other Werner drivers. However, our investigation of potential class action claims could benefit from any information Werner drivers may provide to us as part of this ongoing investigation. Please phone or email me if you would like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim Sitkin
          Law Offices of James M. Sitkin
          255 California Street, 10th floor
          San Francisco, CA 94111
          [protected] (tel.)
          [email protected]

Werner EnterprisesMisinformation

Last July I signed on with Werner.I spent three weeks with a trainer who did not tolerate the use of air conditioning and only showered once for the duration.I was only allowed to drive at night. After requesting another trainer, I was put with a person who was the exact opposite but was an extreme racist.After being authorized to go home midway in training(as the policy option says), I was denied access to a terminal where I could do so.One of the options when you sign on is going home after logging a certain number of hours, then returning to finish.They do everything they can to prevent this from happening.I finally had to insist that they honor their agreement and they allowed me to get to a terminal. Then I was left at the bus terminal forced to pay my own way.This is breach of contract.My phone calls to try to return were repeatedly mysteriously disconnected. After another month I got a copy of my driving log and didn't hear from them again.When I tried to get another job, I coudn't even get a response from other companies. I got a copy of my DAC report and it had an adverse incident statement on it that reads as follows:'Equipment was involved in an occurence or act that produced unintended injury, death, properrty damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow(other than mechanincal breakdown) while assigned to the driver regardless of fault.' This is pure fiction.I constantly got compliments from other truckers on my ability to handle the equipment while I was in the truck. Thiskind of statement goes on every drivers history that decides they don't want to work for Werner Ent. any more.Other companies do not dare go against such a statement if Werner put it on there. Hundreds of drivers like myself have had their careers ruined before they ever started by this kind of intimidation. USIS, the company that holds these employment history reports(DAC), put these statements in your file without proof or verification.I have to conclude that there is an underhanded partnership there.Why else would they participate without proof of such incidents. I didn't realize that blacklisting was legal anymore, but apparently they are very practiced at it.

James Sitkin Nov 14, 2013

Jim Sitkin
            Law Offices of James M. Sitkin
            255 California Street, 10th floor
            San Francisco, CA 94111
            [protected] (tel.)
            [email protected]

Werner — They will LIE!!!

I was straight out of school recieving my CDL, I went with this company because they were offering me a...

Werner EnterprisesBeware

Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!!

I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer, but due to the lack of female trainers, I was encouraged to sign-up for co-ed. That is a BIG MISTAKE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BECOMING A CAREER TRUCK DRIVER . . . OMG . . . 4 out 6 trainers assigned to me thought I was a legalize lot lizzard!

After my first bad experience with a Nasty, Gross Looking, Freaking Old, Fat Buzzard, I requested to have a female trainer only . . . that never happened. Therefore, I was put on a truck again with another Freak, with rotten teeth, constantly picking his ###, nose, ears . . . OMG . . . Just another gross individual. I didn't want to sit in the same truck, driver seat or touch the dang steering wheel. I stayed on that truck for maybe a day and a half . . . Got literally sick . . . took a personal leave of absence.

My first trainer informed me he was dropping a student and informed me to request him to complete my training; and he would request me as his next student to pick-up.

Oh no that is not possible because the egotistical, power-hunger SDM felt insecure and overlooked. She felt I was scheduling my own trainer which is not permissible. And, she attempted to send me on another wild goose chase with another unknown trainer.

Okay ##### . . . you and WERNER can continue scheduling strangers who can not work togather as a TEAM and you will eventually have a MAJOR LAWSUIT due to Sexual Harassment or Workplace Violence.

WERNER Enterprises needs a better SAP . . . staffing and placement system to team trainers, students and co-drivers who have some common interests, tolerance and respect for working togather in a safe an non sexual oriented environment.

Why 6 Trainers:

The first trainer, I lost him when I went on PTO. Very good trainer with mad skillz behind the wheelz! Yeap, I should have listened to him and not got off his truck for PTO. We work well togather as a TEAM. We had great conversations and respect for each other. Hopefully, I will find another trainer like him when I decide to sign-on with another company.

The second trainer, dismissed off his truck due to company and safety violations.

The third trainer, thats the nasty fat, buzzard, looking for a "ladyfriend to team with". . . Sexual Harassment.

The fourth trainer, my buddy, he resigned because I was too sick to get on the truck with him and he already had plans to leave Werner, but was going to stay around until I finished training. I wish him much success in his new endeavor . . . Peace, Love, and Prosperity.

The fifth trainer, my friend and co-worker got off his truck because she felt scared. This man was having too many problems at home to be out on the road in a semi-tractor-trailer. She got off his truck and a few days later they assigned me to his truck . . . Okay . . . Nothings changed. I got in there. He started talking about he wanted to go out to Hooters and have some fun with me. There were many sexual conversations I was trying to avoid hearing. I was trying my best to let what he was saying go into one ear and out the other ear. He said he was happy to see me get on his truck because he thought I was sexy and not fat and ugly like a lot of female drivers. I am like OMG . . . not again!!!

But, I was able to get off his truck due to the fact he started playing with my jake-brakes on 459 right there where DOT had pulled over a vehicle. We got to the shipper in McCalla. I called it in to the night dispatcher. Security escorted him off the premises. I went home, drained of momentum, spiritual and physical health. I could not speak once I arrived home. I had the pneumonia for two weeks. As I was recuperating, thats when my first trainer called and invited me back on his truck.

I returned to WERNER on 02/15/2011 . . . not thinking there would be a problem for me to return on board with my first trainer. . .on to the sixth one.

The sixth trainer, I never met; I refused another trainer; I was NOT allowed to have a female trainer. So, I resigned and left WERNER ENTERPRISER because they really don't understand matching-up individuals to team whether it be trainer and student or co-drivers.

Ladies be warned and beaware when you sign-up for co-ed.

If there are any women out there reading this and you want to share your bad experiences at WERNER ENTERPRISES, please send me a note.

• Hi
              Highly Disgusted Apr 08, 2011

I had a very good trainer b ut please believe I know I had alot of female friends leave because of the same reasons, oh and don't forget THEY LIE!!!

• Cr
              crucifyme Feb 29, 2012

WERNER TRUCKING STUDENT DRIVER PROGRAM LAWSUIT
              Have you been part of Student Driver Program of Werner Trucking?
              Where: Any place in the United States.
              When: Any time during the past 3 years.
              If so, you may be eligible to join a collective action nationwide lawsuit.
              Contact: Swartz Swidler, LLC Website: www.swartz-legal.com
              Email: [email protected] Telephone: [protected]-LAW-9501

Werner Enterprises Inc and SubsidiariesScam

There are so many people complaining about this company they put you through a training course make you work 7 days a week 70 to 75 hour a week and pay less then min wage and how they get away with it. There Scaming people chargeing them for the school and promises to hire them when there course is over they pass all there test. Then let them go in another state leaving them to pick up a bill in which to pay and leading them to believe they have a job to pay for the training they just charged them for with no job and no way to get home this should be against the law. I will buy a web page just to make sure no one else gets riped off from these people again. There are no photo's to prove what there doing you just have to go through there course and find out or have someone investagate to find out what this company is really up too there are people really needing jobs and there is this company out there taking these poor people's money and for what they need a job to pay for the course not a course to get deeper in debt and this company know's how to make money off of poor and desprate people

Werner Enterprises — Screwed me up

Werner *** i drove for them for 1 year i had to take a couple weeks off to take care of my mother after major...

Wernerladder hing broke

I have the werner attic steps model 2208 mk2, i was in the attic and as i was coming down the steps the lower left hinger broke causing me to fall, in turn my left leg and lower back is hurting now and my hands a sore from tring to stop the fall. As i called the 1-800 number on the steps to tell them about this they said they would send out a replacement hing. This is a 300 pound ladder and i weight no where near that. i am affraid that this new hing will do the same or that the other side will break too. Now i have now way into my attic and my leg and lower back is hurting and my hands as well. What can be done about this? Contact me with something and where to go from here

ladder hing broke
              ladder hing broke

Werner Enterprises — oreintation

on may 3, 2010 i attended oreintation for werner enterprises. i took an amtrak from modesto. during the...

Werner Enterprises — Just a bad company

I got hired on as a driver and because I had previous experience I only had to do 70 driving hours with a...

Werner EnterprisesScam

I am a 2 year otr driver and werner started me out at .15 for all dead head miles and .25 for all miles 501+ thats no money not even for some one that just starting out now im haveing to fight for what little of a pay check im sapose to get u see i was only geting 1500 miles aweek i made myself available after every load. there trucks are nasty they wont even give u a clean mattress this is the worst company i have ever work for they suck *** and vicki my so called feet manager was a *** all the people i delt with in the office where dumb *** and no help at all u have to sit for hours or days waiting on a load WERNER *** *** if u are reading this and thinking about working for werner DONT THEY WONT PAY U...

Werner Enterprises — ALL LIES/ Inappropiate behavior

Before I was hired, I was told I would be driving in a few States. The first chance I got a run I went as far...

Werner Enterprises TransportationReachable Dispatchers

I started with Werner working a Regional route much to my suprise it is just a ploy to get you to sign on as a regional driver and they keep you driving out of your region. It's cheaper to send a regional driver out of his region since he will only receive .22 per mile, while the driver doing long haul sits in a truck stop for three or four days waiting on a load he can deliver for .40 cpm. I was told that I had to deliver out of my region, I refused and told the dispatch " I do not have to do a D%% thing." I then told him I'm a grown a$$ man and resigned. The payroll clerk also stated that Werner practices this method on regular bases and she does not know why. Dispatchers believe they are not reachable. Untouchables

Werner Enterprises — Terrible experience

I had taken a leave of absence from Werner for personal reasons and I found that I could not return to work...

Werner EnterpriseTerrible experience

I worked for werner in 2006, This was the worst experience I ever had. My first trainer was a female, she would go to the bathroom in the truck in a garbage can then tie the bag up and put it on the floor. Sometimes she would have 4 or 5 bags of urine in the truck. I called and said I wanted off this truck but they said I had to wait till our load was delivered.

When I was told that I waited till she went to sleep then drove myself out of route and went to the terminal. Then I had a guy trainer and he never taught me how to do anything, He would go home every weekend and I would have to stay in a motel. I missed christmas and new years with my family. I was with a trainer for 2 months until I finally got done. After that I got my truck which was junk and my first load. They said to follow the directions they sent me. I did and it took me 5 hours to go 50 miles. I really think they were messing with me cause I was new. Well they did fire me cause I sent in to get payment for a lumper to unload my truck and they said I wasn't suppose to do that. They approved it and everything but said I was stealing there money and I knew what I was doing. I still don't understand what it was I did wrong but getting fired from this company was the best thing that happed to me. I now work for a good company and get payed good and have a nice truck with my name on it. I don't think anyone should work for this company. They would hire anyone even if they don't know how to drive these trucks. there just a really bad company. I could go on and on about things that happened to me with this company. Just stay away from them!

• Ge
                        Geoff May 04, 2009

Best Trucking Company I ever worked for. I was well trained, had good loads, great directions, good pay and benefits. Computerized logging a bonus. A really good professional outfit.

• He
                        henessey Feb 13, 2011

After graduating truck driving school, I found myself wanting to work for a company that would show its new driver the ropes of the road. I choose werner due to the fact that it was one of the only companies that would do that. When i get to colorado, go through the orientation class, I finally meet my trainer who was bad ### btw...After my 300 hours, i get dropped off in phoenix az, where i pick up my own truck and head out solo.
                        After a couple of months on the road, i announce to my dispatcher im having brake problems in which he routed me to the nearest repair center. They change the pads and send me on my way. get to the hi-way and im still having problems. So now im calling my dispatcher and he tells me to pull over and disconnect the ABS plug and continue. So now im pulled over to the side of the road as far as i can go, hazards on, triangles out, and im underneath the truck searching for this plug. I get out from under the trailer, walk about 9 steps, and BAM...a car slams into me from behind doing 70. The lady is alive and screaming, I'm motionless, and there is a great Samaritan helping me put out the flames on her vehicle. After everything was said and done, she gets taken by and ambulance, im still shaking and now i have to detach my rig so that they could take the trailer to the yard. Now that's done and now i still gotta drive to the nearest rest stop, pick up a load and head to Dallas. When i get to Dallas, im told that the supervisor wants to see me. I go to his office and to my surprise i get canned. The reason-I pulled over to the side of the road violating safety precautions set forth by Werner...

cheatedbad Aug 30, 2012

Discrimination. And harrasment I developed a blood clout and had to wait for 3 days before I was taken to the hospital. Was a student trainee.

• Ia
                        I am not a happy camper Nov 30, 2012

I feel that trucking companies can do pretty much what they want to do regarding drivers.
                        I resigned with Werner recently, and when I tried to hand in my resignation, I was told to mail it to a P.O. Box to their Corporate office in Nebraska.
                        While the resignation was going through the mail, I decided to ask one of my prospective employers to run a DAC on me, to make sure this company wouldn't say they terminated me. Guess what? They stated on the DAC report that they terminated me. Why?
                        I had a couple of minor incidents, which were NON-CHARGEABLE. No ticket, no police report, no problem, right? WRONG!
                        Now I am trying to get on with a few of the companies I am interested in, and I am BLOCKED. Was this what they wanted to do?
                        I would never have left had they paid me a descent cpm. I was making .26cpm, received a penny raise, after working with them for 9 months! I drove solo and never received the miles that would have made me a descent check, this being the reason I resigned.

Werner — Scamming

During hard times my fiance decided to go to a private truck driving school. Needing a job as quickly a...