Complaints & Reviews

Chaz Dean Wen Hair CareTotal Scam!!!!

I have been on the automatic delivery program for some time now. I haven't been paying attention to the charges to my account because I thought this was a legitimate product and a legitimate Company, despit the fact that I am not overly impressed with the product. In order for the cleaning product to work, I have to leave it in much longer than I usually even shower. And the remaining products are all too heavy for my fine hair and all go straight to the trash. What I am most upset about, is that this Co, although they tell you that they will charge you every 28 days, they lie and then blame it on "unknown" stalls in your credit card. I had two months where I was charged twice. One month the charges were 6 days apart! I would never have agreed to pay over $70 in one month for crap products!!! I am so upset I fell for this SCAM!!! I have friends that use it and am telling them to cancel IMMEDIATELY!!!

Wenhaircare.comMy hair felt dirty and disgusting and didn't look clean OR healthy

Everything they are saying is true - this product STINKS! My hair felt dirty and disgusting and didn't look clean OR healthy. I cancelled my subscription and sent my product back and they continued to bill me 2 more times. I have contacted the company numerous times regarding getting my refund for product they received THREE MONTHS AGO! I finally filed a BBB Complaint and will be filing a charge back with my credit card company to get my money back. STAY AWAY FROM WEN!!!

• La
        lala Jul 13, 2008

I am happy with the product, but I paid for a rush delivery and it didn't get here for two weeks so I am very disappointed because from what Ive read they are getting everybody on the same thing!!!

• Gr
        GRatoste Jul 28, 2011

Warning... do not use Wen hair care products. It's overpriced, inflated advertisements. The company is unethical and unprofessional.

• Da
        Dan Bostock Jan 21, 2013

BUYER BEWARE!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!BUYER BEWARE !!!
        Watch out, they will automatically enroll you in a buying agreement and send you products you didn't order. I ordered three kits for Christmas presents and in January they sent me $400 worth of product I did NOT order and they have already charged $164 against my VISA and put it over its limit and that will cost me $40 and a negative hit on my credit . I just called them and they even want me to pay ship it back, which will cost about $100, Thanks WEN Canada for the late present. I don't think so; I am refusing to spend anything to ship back product I didn't order.

I will go on all the consumer sites I can find to warn the public about their shady business practices.
        And you can also call your credit card company to make the stop payment as I am about to these dirt balls deserve nothing less.
        I'm thinking about legal action does anyone want to join Me???
        BUYER BEWARE !!! BUYER BEWARE !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!
        To be continued •••
        Dan

Wenhaircare.comThe reps are VERY uninformed and incompetent

I initially ordered the Wen haircare system, over two weeks ago. I was advised that in order to stop the auto ship, where you will be billed for three months of product $29.95/mo, you had to call within 30 days to cancel. After about two weeks, I noticed that our card hadn't been charged and I hadn't received any shipping notification. I called Wen, only to be told that the product I ordered was on back order and that there was NO WAY for the agent who took my first order to verify this. In anger, and because of their incompetence and having NOT sent so much as an email to inform me of any back order status, I cancelled my order! I was informed by a gentleman that my order was completely cancelled and I should not receive any charges...

Well, my hubby checked our account this morning and lo and behold, there's a charge from Wen pending!!! I immediately call the customer service number, and an agent named TAMMY tells me that, not only did they not have the ability to see back orders in their systems, the rep who cancelled my order, or so he thought, couldn't see that the back order was released and my order was probably being processed for shipping when I called on 12/17???? REALLLY????!!! She proceeds to tell me they tried to cancel the shipping but couldn't, so the order was shipped on 12/20. I have NEVER received shipping confirmation and asked this inept agent, "What if that $29.95 was the last dollar I had in my account!!!???" Thankfully, it's not but Wen had not right to ship an order that I cancelled on the 17 on the 20!!! I also requested that the auto ship be cancelled as that apparently did not happen the last time I called either!!! Is this NOT a multi million dollar corporation? Why can't an agent see when a product is on back order, and if product is later found not readily available why wouldn't an email be sent to inform a customer that the order will be processed when the product becomes available???!!! The reps are VERY uninformed and incompetent, and I PRAY that my auto ship was cancelled appropriately!!! I've read other reviews, which have me scared that that might not be the case!!!

Wen Hair Care -Misleading advertising

This online seller and distributer of the Wen Hair Care offers a 30 day trial and then send you bills for subsequent subscriptions without your knowledge. By the time you have figured out that you have been placed on a lifetime supply of the product, your credit card has been charged over $200! I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charges and to threaten my credit card company that I would cancel it if they didn't rectify the situation. THis company should not bea ble to operate, but at this point they have made all the money they need to so I am sure they do not care that their practices are unethical and violate consumer rights! I would not purchase anything from TV ads ever again as this experience was enough to send me back in to store line ups and higher prices so that I am not a victim again.

• SKOR Dec 21, 2012

You had no right to threaten your credit card company, and your consumer rights were NOT violated. The auto-renew is one of the terms of the sale that YOU failed to read before you agreed to purchase. Customers like you drive up interest rates for the rest of us, because banks need to recover that lost revenue. Your credit card company shouldn't have to clean up your mess.

WEN® Healthy Hair Care System 30-day supply of Sweet Almond Mint. When you order today you'll also get TWO Free Gifts and FREE SHIPPING! By ordering now, you'll receive your first 30-day supply with Free Bonuses. After 30-days, you'll conveniently receive a new 90-day supply every three months and you'll lock in the special low monthly price of just $29.95 a month, plus $10.99 s&h per shipment unless you call to cancel. Payment for each new 90-day supply is due upon shipment, and will be conveniently charged at the time of product shipment to the card you provide today unless you call to cancel. There are no commitments and no minimums to buy. To customize this program or future shipments and charges, call customer service anytime. Every Wen® order comes with our 60-day Money Back Guarantee (less S&H).
            B94K4E

• Kr
            Krissie04 Mar 16, 2013

I agree with the above post. It's not the credit card company's fault. Even if you failed to read the terms, it says right on your invoice when to expect your next shipment in big letters.

Wen Business Practices

I used the Wen products for a month, and decided that I didn't want to continue with them. So, I called and asked them to cancel my account. They said they would. Months later, a box arrived with Wen products inside. I clearly hadn't ordered it; months ago I can cancelled my account. So, thinking that it was an "introductory offer" I gave the box to my daughter to try. Come to find out in another month that I hadn't "paid" for that box. So, I called again and explained the situation and said that I found that practice (sending another box months later, then asking me to pay for it) bordering on fraud, if not blatant fraud. I also wrote a long letter to Customer Service, expressing my disappointment with the company's practices, and saying that I would pay just to be done with them. So, now another two months have passed and now I get a bill in the mail (I had told them to charge my credit card for the unwanted box) for double the amount of the original box, saying that I was two months late in paying. I am putting the check in the mail because I do not want to deal with them ever again. If I were to call, I might regret my words. . . . Just an fyi

Wenhaircare.comAvoid this company at all costs

I ordered one installment of the WEN Hair Care Deluxe Replenishing Kit via http://www.wenhaircare.com/. I received the one installment, and the price of it was deducted from my checking account (30-day Supply - $34.95). Upon receipt of the product, there was literature inside the box stating I would automatically be charged and receive more supply. I called to cancel the account. I spoke to a representative who tried their very hardest to get me to stay or change my frequency of receiving the supply, of which I made it very clear that I wanted to close the account. She confirmed that she had done just that.

Recently, I received a statement stating I owed over $98 for a new supply of WEN haircare. I called the customer service line on the statement and spoke to a representative. I made it very clear that I would not be paying a dime. This was my second attempt at canceling the account and I had only agreed to receive and pay for only one supply of product. I told her I hadn't even used what I had received yet. She understood and stated she would cancel my account. She asked if I had received an other shipments of WEN products and I told her no. She said okay and stated my account had been cancelled.

Well, today, Oct 24, I receive a confirmation email for canceling my account and it stated that I might have an account balance and receive a bill. I called the customer service number listed in the email. The representative stated they sent out a shipment of product and I still owe on that. I told her I have not received anymore product then the one I initially ordered and that I would not be paying for anything I did not authorize, especially since I've attempted to close this account TWICE now. She said if I ever receive the product, to call and they will walk me through the return of it. I told her that I would not be paying anything and that if I receive it, I will place a return-to-sender label on it. I am not going to pay any additional shipping charges, nor will I be paying for something after requesting my account be closed.

I am not happy nor satisfied with the level of customer service I have received from Guthy-Renker's customer service department regarding WEN hair care products. If I do receive any more products, billings, or charges I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I have requested, more than once, that my account be closed and that no products be shipped to me.

wen haircaremonthly billin

I purchased the Wen shampoo online for $29 a month. I seem to be getting billed $29 a month for the last 6 months but have only received 3 bottles total. Last month I was billed again $29 and received nothing. Today my account was debited $38 dollars, and I have not received any shipments for months! When I called to cancel I was told I signed up for 90 day shipments and still owed them money!!! They said there is a shipment somewhere out there on its way to me, and I could not cancel or received a refund until I received that shipment, and sent it back to them (they recommend by insured mail), then I would receive a refund within 6 weeks. The customer service lady was very aggressive, and would not let me speak. I finally got made and told her if they billed my credit card again after this date I would sue them. She yelled at me "you can't." I said I would at least make a report to the Attorney General's office. Bottom line, I will NEVER buy anything like this again. They have access to my bank account and seem to think they can bill whatever they want. I am going to the bank tomorrow to cancel that card, report unauthorized use, or close my account if I have to. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY, THEY GET YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE!!! No shampoo is worth this nightmare!

• Pl
                  Plain spoken west coaster Jan 16, 2013

Wen hair care sucks and the company is misleading! Guthy renker gets your credit card and will bill you forever unless you jump through hoops to get off their system! Buyer beware!

• Co
                  Connie-Ron Nielsen Aug 21, 2016

If you do like to purchase Wen and have had no problems with it other then the billing, you can purchase the product two other ways. You can purchase on ebay or QVC. On the Q you never have to worry about getting your money back, etc.

I purchased once thru the WEN website and noticed the same problems. I REALLY complained LOUDLY and finally got my $$$ back. Hope this helps.

Wen Hair Carebilling

Ordered Wen Hair care, cancelled over the phone, representative told me she needed to take an additional payment to close the account which I agreed to, then I was charged another additional 2 months of payment (still looking to see if they charge a 3rd), called and the representative told me I had to pay extra for shipping and handling. None of it made sense. DO NOT DO business with this company. They totally over charge and do not try to work with the customer,

• Me
                    mellissaw Mar 01, 2013

I cancelled my WEN membership two weeks prior to the next shipment. I was told it was cancelled and then two weeks later my credit card was billed for another shipment. After another call to customer service I was assured I would receive a refund of $38 and a confirmation email. The next day I received the confrmation email saying I owed $98.00. Another call to customer service who say since they shipped the product, after cancellation I would owe the money. After an argument I have once again been promised a refund, lets see what happens.

wen haircarefraudulent money back

Tried the special introductory offer after seeing infomercial. Products were well priced with money back guarantee. Original supply arrived and was billed as advertised, trouble began with automatic renewals. Tried to change delivery schedule to once every 3 months - instead received THREE TIMES the product at THREE TIMES the initial price. Since I had to open package to check shipment, I had to not only pay return postage for the wrong order, my account has been charged each month automatically. Took four phone calls over 6 weeks to get partial money back. I was told they never received return shipment until I told them I had a signed return receipt; then they MIRACULOUSLY found my returned products within minutes. Very sleazy outfit. Bad business practices. I am still unsure if they have actually cancelled deliveries or if I'll have more money deducted from my credit card, and the issuing bank refuses to get involved. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Wen Hair Care / Guthy RenkerBilling method and practice

I am a man who purchased Wen products for my wife as a one-time gift. We received Wen product and used it; although the product was OK, we decided that $40 per month was just too much to pay for this product. However, we had no idea that I had signed up for automatic billing and shipping via the internet. Imagine my surprise and (I'll admit) my outrage - and I mean outrage - when I found out that I had been charged for another shipment. I found this out when I found a new box of the product on my doorstep!

I called Wen and a woman with a foreign accent who spoke 85% English was not helpful. Then I called my bank and spoke to two women that spoke 100% English that were helpful but not advantageous. In short, I have to "jump through the hoops" of changing all my debit card numbers and accounts if I don't want this company to charge anything more to my account. This is a big pain in the rear-end, just to put it to you "waist high over the plate"! -- Good luck dealing with these crooked hucksters from Wen!

wen haircareWen

I never write reviews but in this case I feel it is necessary to warn everyone about this company and their product. First, this company is incredibly fraudulent. Everything you read about them locking you into a membership and continuing to charge your card, making it impossible to cancel when you call is true. Please be forewarned before ordering from this company. My experience resulted in attempting to call, getting a representative but then they ask why you did not like the product and transfer you to a line where you do not get a person to speak with. After calling back a few times, I insisted the first person cancel and recorded the call. He said he would and would send me an email verifying the cancelation. Guess what!? No email sent. I went to my bank and had the card used for payment cancelled... What a headache!!
                      Now on to the product...

I used the product for two days before deciding not to ever touch it again. It did make my hair more shiny, less frizzy and it did feel conditioned root to tip and very soft. So these things are true. It did make my hair feel weighed down. I would have continued to use the product however by the second washing my scalp began to burn. There is quite a bit of menthol in the product. I believe everyone who has commented that the product made their hair fall out. I have not used the product for a week and my scalp still has a burning sensation. (And just to note, I have never had an issue w sensitive scalp or any chemical treatment including color.) Unless you have a scalp of steel, please be very careful and pay attention to how it feels if you chose to use this product. I believe with all my heart that if I had kept using, hair loss would result.

One good thing has come of all this! I stopped using Wen and started using Pureology, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- free shampoo (<--this is what strips your hair of good oils), in the shower followed by Frizz Ease light weight, leave in conditioner after and my hair has never looked better!! Coupled w biotin and a mulitvitamin, I am on the healthy path to great hair. Remember there are no miracle hair products!! If this product were a miracle it would be FDA approved and sold in stores.

If you still really want to try Wen, you can purchase the product on Amazon!! It's much safer than ordering through this company.

Hope this helps!!

PS- Remember as well, there are people who are paid to write positive reviews. You are not using the product incorrectly. ;)

• Co
                          concerned :/ Mar 23, 2012

I just ordered the 30 day trial and I noticed it said it would continue to charge my card but that I could call and cancel it. Should I wait until I get my product to cancel? Or should I cancel the 90 day supply immediately? I just wanted to try it.. I dont have the money to buy it every month.

Wen Hair CareCustomer Service

On December 6, 2011 I ordered three, 30 day supplies of WEN Healthy Hair Care System for 29.95 ea. for a total of $89.85. This order was processed on line. By ordering this product I was to enter into an agreement that the product would be automatically shipped to me monthly. I called WEN telling the customer service person I was purchasing the product as Christmas gifts and did not want to enter into this agreement. I was told by WEN that I only had to call twenty four hours later and cancel. I then went back to the website to order and without realizing, I had mistakenly ordered twice. Again I phoned WEN on December 6, 2011 asking to cancel one of the orders. I was told that they could not see anything being process for at least 24 hours and to contact them in 24 to 48 hours to cancel.
                        December 8, 2011 I called WEN cancelling the automatic orders so I wouldn’t receive future product and to stop the extra order from being shipped. I was told it had already shipped and in order to receive a refund on the one unwanted shipment I was to just return the product.
                        January 7, 2012 unwanted order shipped back to WEN.
                        January 14, 2012 WEN received product.
                        January 12, 2012 a $104.84 transaction was in process of being removed from my account. I called WEN and talked to Robin, where I told her that the “contract” had been cancelled on December 8, 2011. I then requested that the transaction be stopped from being removed from my account (at this point it was “Pending Transactions”) and to cancel product delivery. I was informed by Robin they could not, but would refund my acct. in 3-5 business days. She also said she’d refund the $89.85 for returned product. Robin also stated that the $104.84 product had shipped. I informed Robin that it cost $11.65 for shipping the last return product and I didn’t want to have to pay again for the products return. I was told they would send a return label so there would be no extra expense to me.
                        January 16, 2012 I called WEN and talked with Nicole inquiring about the $89.85 refund for product returned, she said they hadn’t received it. I then told her it was received on January 14, 2012. Nicole told me it could take 3-5 business days after receiving product. She said the return should show by January 19, 2012.
                        January 19, 2012 I called WEN re: the $89.85 refund and talked with Mark. He said that it had been processed and sometimes the bank holds checks until cleared before placing into acct.
                        January 19, 2012 I called my bank nothing received.
                        January 21, 2012 the new product was sitting at the post office where I refused it, returning it to WEN.
                        January 23, 2012 I called WEN regarding the $104.84 and asked for supervisor, I was forward to Jeannie, accounts specialist-she informed me the process had not been done correctly and would take another 3-5 business days.
                        January 25, 2012 the amount of $89.85 was refunded into my acct.
                        January 31, 2012 I called and asked for Jeannie, accts specialist…she was very apologetic saying that there was a balance of $240 something and they removed $89.85 from balance??? Jeannie said that the computer showed that 3 orders had gone out. After much explaining by me to get her up to date, she said it was “now corrected”…“Refund in 3-5 business days.”
                        February 1, 2012 I called and talked with Sandy, she confirmed that credit for $104.84 was made on January 31, 2012 to my acct. She also said that a refund of $14.99 was made in check on January 24, 2012? Refund for shipping??? Not clear.
                        February 4, 2012 received check for $14.99. Still do not know what this is for.
                        February 5, 2012 received email confirmation of returned product.
                        February 7, 2012 the amount of $29.95 was refunded to my acct. so once again I called WEN asked for Jeannie accts specialist. Talked with Kelsey, Kelsey stated refund issued February 1, 2012 and that they show my bank accepted it. I told Kelsey as of February 7, 2012 my bank statement does not show a refund of $104.84. Kelsey said that if my bank doesn’t show refund by February 8, 2012 that I would need to show my bank statements showing it was not received.
                        February 8, 2012 Rachel acct. specialist said a check was issued on February 1, 2012 and could take 4-6 weeks to receive it. If not received by March 7, 2012 I was to call her. She said I had been misinformed all along and she was very apologetic.
                        February 13, 2012 another $29.95 was refunded to my acct.
                        March 7, 2012 I talked with Kelsey and told her the check had not been received. Kelsey said there was a hold on the check. Kelsey said the amounts of $29.95 refunded on February 7 and February 13, 2012 plus the $14.99 are the total refund. According to my calculations this shows that I am still owed $29.95. Kelsey became extremely rude when I tried to explain to her it was still not correct where she continued to cut me off and became belligerent telling me to let her finish her sentences. When I waited for my turn to talk Kelsey would interrupt me saying she already explained that. She said she showed no record of $104.84 being removed from my acct. and WEN showed only withdrawals for $29.95. WEN wants bank statements showing withdrawals before they’ll refund anything more.
                        March 13, 2012 went to my banks legal team for help on the remaining amount owed.
                        March 14, 2012 remaining $29.95 deposited into my account.
                        Do not try to work with these people (WEN customer service) go directly to your bank or credit union and let them deal with them. I find this company to be inept in their records and poor in their customer service!!! Any product covered under Guthy-Renker is going to leave you unsatisfied with their customer service. My daughter received Pro-Active through this company and had to cancel her credit card to stop the product shipments.

• Pl
                            plufan1234 Dec 11, 2012

I too had an issue with returning product and getting my money back. I called, [protected] and tried to cancel my order way before the "Your next order is scheduled to ship" date on my previous invoice, but was told I was too late and the order was pending. Customer Service was able to cancel my subscription, but not the next shipment. I received the shipment called customer service to get instructions to return the package. Based on what I had read on-line, I went to USPS and paid postage and Certified Mail fee, total of $11.10 to have proof of the return of product. I followed all of the instructions given. I wrote the return # clearly on all sides of the box RA 100212BOI. Package was mailed 10/2/12 and received 10/15/12. It has been 8 weeks since they received the returned unopened, un-used product and still no refund. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks before I would see my credit back to the card, so I gave Wen/ Guthy-Renker the benefit of the doubt.

It took a lot of questions, a lot of hold time, 37 minutes to finally be told I would get a refund. I was asked several times for my USPS tracking number to verify I mailed the product back, [protected].I think the rep was surprised I had one. Even with it the rep was having issues "finding" the return. I told her I am looking on-line ay the USPS website, I see the package was received at the address given to me by customer service- at 7:23 am on October 15, 2012. I offered to email the "proof" to her. Finally- I was told- 12/11/12, they would process my refund and issue me a credit back to my credit card, but it will take 3-5 days. We will see if this happens.

I had a feeling since I still had not received a refund, I was going to get some lame excuse or told the package was not received, so I recorded the call. I put the call on speaker and recorded it with a small hand held recorder. I told the customer service rep, Kelsey, once she said she could issue the refund, the call is being recorded and I am filing a complaint with the state of Minnesota. She then added this never happens and I would be getting my refund so no need to file a complaint.

I am filing the complaint, this practice is wrong. Good thing I went the extra step and paid for certified mail, other wise I don't think I would ever get my money back.

Good luck to everyone else out there!

Wen Hair Care By Chaz Dean — auto-membership unauthorized

This company will needs to be reported to the FTC. There are many complaints and as I read them, they match...

Wen Hair Careoverrated product

after using this product, my hair became excessively oily with white flakes sprinkled all across my scalp! my hair actually looked cleaner BEFORE washing it with wen!!! the white residue is the biggest problem for me.

• Ad
                              Adjohns Sep 24, 2014

I have 2 daughters with very long hair one of them has stick straight hair and the other one has some natural curl to it and when she exercises or it's humid outside (we live in southern Indiana) so the humidity is always bad. The one with straight hair looked greasy & gave her ends very fuzzy. The one with curl in her hair wen just made her hair even more fuzzier. It seemed to make both of their worse! I used it also & I color my hair so I thought wen would make it healthier not the case. My hair looked like I had used vegetable oil to wash it. My hair is short a little wavey and course. It's hard to make my hair look flat & greasy but wen managed to do it! Do not buy this product it is a scam! I just called & cancelled my auto billing & shipping so I'm waiting to see if they will actually do it! Total scam!!!

Wenhaircare.comDon't know why they're still in business

I really did not like their product and thank God I came across this website so I can write a review on it. I guess all women, including me, wanted a change and try out new products. I was suckered in with their infomercial and thoughted I needed to treat myself well for Christmas. The shippment was fast, but the product was really bad. I've never once used a shampoo that was so thick and does not have any lather at all. I read some of the other reviewers saying their hair would fall off. I haven't really noticed it, but I can totally understand because if you put something so thick on your hair that does not lather, hair will be pulled off. The product does not make your hair soft, but ucky, however long I try to wash it out, it still seems like there's a layer of wax or something still in it. I will not recommend this product at all.

Since I ordered a 3 months' worth of supply, I'll just cross my fingers they'll let me go without any problems. After reading all these review, I don't think I'll even bother returning it to get a refund.

Don't know why they're still in business.

Guthy Renker Wen Hair CareHorrible customer service, misleading ads

First let me say that I loved the shampoo and conditioner they sent me. That's about all I loved. This is one of the most difficult companies I have ever dealt with. They insisted on charging my account three months in a row for product I returned before they would issue me a credit. Their prices after the initial shipping were insane. Their customer services reps told me one thing when I called, and then another thing the next time I called. I had to threaten to report them to their State's attorney general's office before I saw any results. Please please, please resist buying their product.
                              It's not worth the hassle.

Wen Hair Care — Fraud

I saw their add on a TV informercial and wanted to try their Wen hair care product. I was not so convinced...

Wen Hair Care — Hair loss

I purchased this product and after 2 weeks my hair started falling out, let me first say I have no medical...

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Careshampoo products

I agree, this line of products is awful, the claims are misleading. the stuff just does not work. he may be a great hairdresser, he may have a "pretty face", but do you really think you can scam the people by selling a product that is BS. we are not that dumb. Its an insult that that stuff is on the market.

• Bl
                                    blkblonde Aug 23, 2011

the product is awfull did nothing for my hair and I don"t think he has a pretty face, I think he kind of gruffy looking my self he does'nt ave the look of some one who anyone could trust. They should take this crap off the market

Margret333 Nov 21, 2011

The products are aweful and Guthy Renker was a nightmare - they kept charging me even after I cancelled. I'll never buy anything from Guthy Renker ever again.

• De
                                    Denise123 Dec 28, 2011

This product is terrible and a total waste of your time and money. They advertise “free” shipping but that does not apply if you return it. You not only have to pay the receiving shipping charges but you pay dearly (twice as much) to send back empty bottles. It’s a total rip off, you end up getting back about 20% of your purchase price and that’s after 3 phone calls to the company asking for it! She asked me why I didn’t like it and I told them the smell was very bad, so of course she said they had a better smelling type, yeah right. She just kept going on and on trying to avoid the fact that I wanted a refund and for everything I said I didn’t like about the product, she had a solution. By the way, there was absolutely no difference in my hair.
                                    I wish I given this company a dime…

• Sp
                                    Specialk4kim Jan 10, 2012

I was a customer of Wen Hair products for over a year. Over time I noticed a lot of breakage. I've had 3 hair stylists tell me that there's a lot of protein in these products which actually can make your hair brittle and start snapping off. This is why I cancelled my account in Oct of 2011. Today is Jan 10th 2012 and they still have not credited my account for the product a total of 79.87. I have called them 6 times requesting a refund for the product they received on November 2 2011. All they are doing is giving me the run around. They state refunds will apply to your account anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks but in this case its been 12 weeks. BEWARE is all I have to say.

• Al
                                    alex444 Apr 03, 2013

What a fraud. This company will set you up with a subscription even if you opt out. I bought once and now I have 3 charges on my Amex.
                                    Called to return and they said I still had an account balance. I told them I only placed one order and I will be informing Amex of their shady business. The lady even tried to tell me my account would go to a collection agency hahah what a SCAM

• Ka
                                    Kat Dean Sep 18, 2013

Thanks to all of you who took the the time to write about this product. I have been on the fence about purchasing this product. The commercials make the product sound awesome. After reading these complaints I will NOT ever buy this. Thanks again for saving me the problems.

Wen ingredient

I was prepared to purchase the product when I read a complaint posting that I could purchase on Amazon. Amazon provided the ingredients. You should know that two of the products are concerning. This is what I found out about these products. Buyer beware.

Safety Data
                                  A 1992 study found that when methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone (MI/MCI) are administered orally, they are then excreted in urine and feces and mostly not stored in body tisuses.[7] However, when applied to the skin, up to 62% of the chemicals stayed bound to the application site 24 hours after exposure, and the chemicals bound to the skin had a 13.1-day half-life. Furthermore, the study found that "MI/MCI was moderately to highly toxic to rats, and highly toxic to rabbits when administered orally, and moderately toxic when applied dermally." The study tested the toxicity in rats, mice, rabbits, and dogs at various doses, applied orally or dermally. The study concluded that: "Methylisothiazolinone/Methylchloroisothiazolinone may be safely used in “rinse-off” products at a concentration not to exceed 15 ppm and in “leave-on” cosmetic products at a concentration not to exceed 7.5 ppm. The stated safe use concentration refers to a mixture containing 23.3% Methylisothiazolinone and 76.7% Methylchloroisothiazolinone."