Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / Loss Draftspoor customer service

We have been trying to get Wells Fargo to sign and release our check from State Farm for damages received during Hurricane Irene, on Aug. 27, 2011. We had emergency repairs done in August and still are not able to pay contractor
for those services. It is now the end of October. We cannot proceed on further repairs to our home (holes in roof and ceiling in kitchen, foyer, and living/dining room). We have called them repeatedly and they continue to request more
information. We spent $52 of our own money to fax all State Farm insurance forms and contractor forms to Wells Fargo
on Oct 3, to expedite request. Although we have called them repeatedly, they have never called us with regard to our request for an exception to sign and release our State Farm check. (We were told this would take 3-5 business days) Today, I requested to speak to Anita who is handling (or not handling) our claim. She was unavailable. It is now Oct 28, 2011.

• Sh
    shelly thomas Aug 19, 2014

Hello:
    My Name Is Shelly T.
    Here in NC. HAS ANYONE TRIED TO CONTACT THE ( COMMISSIONER OF INSURANCE ) FOR YOUR STATE. IM IN NC HERE HIS NAME IS WAYNE GOODWIN. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE W/ S.S. LOOK @ THE WHITE BOOK THEY GET IN MAIL ABOUT THEIR CHANGE IN SOCIAL SECURITY FOR THAT YR. LOOK ON BACK OF BOOK ITS THEIR. CALL OFFICE, THEY SEND OUT FORM, YOU TELL WHAT HAPPEND, FILL ALL PAPER WORK OUT, SEND BACK, THEY WILL DO INVESTAGATION ON COMPANY, THE COMPANY WILL EXPLAIN ITS SELF. THEY HAVE SO MANY DAYS I THINK. NOW THIS HELPED IN MY CASE. NOT ALL CASES ARE THE SAME. BUT IF NOT, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHO TO CONTACT. . BECAUSE YOUR CHECKS THESE INS. COMPANIES ARE WRITTING, I WOULD THINK THERE ONLY GOOD FOR SO MANY MONTHS. ALSO CHECK W/ YOUR INS. COMPANY TO SEE IF THE CHECK HAS BEEN CASHED. NOT HARD TO DO, THESE CHECKS HAS A ROUTING NUMBERING, (THEY CAN LOOK IT UP THAT WAY ) YOUR INS. CAN NOW.WHO KNOWS, NOT SAYIN G, BUT ALO T ARE.NOT HONEST. ARE THEY GOING TO PAY YOU INTEREST ON YOUR CHECKS THEY ARE HOLDING ( WELLS FARGO). YALL ALL NEED TO GET TOGETHER GO NATIONAL HIT A TV STATION, BRING ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER AT HAND. SAT UP FORM WHERE, GET EVERYONE IN ONE PLACE . GET A BIG TV STATION TO BROADCAST IT. ( THEY DONT LIKE SCANDLE) YOU WILL.SEE A DIFFERENCE. IF NOT, TAKE THEM TO COURT, THEY WILL OWE YOU INTEREST ON THAT MONEY. CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASK THAT QUSTION, MAYBE DIFFERENT FROM STATE TO STATE. BUT DO CALL YOUR STATE COMMISSIONER, LOOK UP ON INTERNET, THEY MAYBE ABLE.TO.HELP.
    LORD I DO HOPE.ALL.OF.YOU ALL THE BEST LUCK AND I AM SO SORRY THESE PEOPLE.ARE GIVING YOU GUYS SUCH A HARD TIME I WILL KEEP ALL OF YOU IN MY PRAYERS AND PRAY FOR THIS TO SOON BE OVER FOR YOU :
    GOOD LUCK GUYS
    YOUR FRIEND SHELLY T. ( MIMITHOMAS04 )

• Ki
    Kim dewitt Jun 18, 2014

I too have been Jumping through hoops! Sick of it...had a fire in Feb. ...its June!!! Still waiting

• Ev
    Evonda Shirk Apr 23, 2014

wow stumble across this by mistake we had a fire February 11 2014 it is now April 23 wells Fargo has our check and still has not given us any money to start on my kitchen and living room dinning room still living in a mess we all are sick wondering if the fire smell has anything to do with this I am livid any answers Thanks Evonda Shirk

• Jh
    [email protected] Feb 03, 2014

mylossdraft is a joke by the way, i put in all the right info and it tells me there is an error. This way they have to send everything to me by mail which takes forever. Another nail in the coffin!!!

• Jh
    [email protected] Feb 03, 2014

we are all in the same boat with Wells Fargo. We had tornado damage almost 2 years ago, , our first fight began with Farmers insurance and after having to get a lawyer involved, we finally got payment a year later. now its almost been another year and countless hurdles with Wells Fargo. They want you to spend your own money and they will "reimburse" you in INCREMENTS only after jumping through numerous hoops, wading thru mounds of paperwork, sending the same documents four and five times, etc etc. It all depends on who you talk to at the company, too.. we were told so many times they had everything they needed then we would have to call when no money arrived only for someone else to tell us they needed yet another document. They seem to purposefully give you the runaround and will not tell you anything, you HAVE to call them to find anything out. They hold your money and make it darn near impossible for you to get ahold of it. A TOTAL JOKE of a company. I saw someone called their states' attorney general office. Thinking of doing that or calling the attorney friend that handled our case against the insurance co. What a shame we have to go through all this just to get money to repair what mother nature took from us.

• Ok
    Oklahoma Hates Wells Fargo Oct 23, 2013

Wells Fargo is the WORST. My losses were from the May 20th F5 tornado in Moore, OK. I promptly received a check from the insurance company, unfortunately, it was made out to me AND wells Fargo. They did give me an initial "draw" to have repairs started but it has been like pulling teeth trying to get the balance due. It took six months, I cannot even tell you how many letters and phone calls, and finally, I filed a complaint with the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office who began an official investigation into the issue. ONLY then did Wells Fargo seem to actually take notice. They try to bury you with forms and legalize, paperwork, faxes, etc as one of the posters above mentioned - this, while you are going through all sorts of stress trying to rebuild your damaged home as it is. Their employees are just plain stupid! I probably sent them the same completed forms three times and three times they said they never got them. They have finally (end of October) sent me the balance of the insurance funds, but now they made the check out to the contractor AND me. I paid the contractor a month ago and he is long gone. What a fiasco. I hate, hate, hate Wells Fargo.

• Re
    Renee6 Oct 21, 2013

I had a fire back in January 2013 and got my insurance check just a week after the fire. I sent my check to Wells Fargo for them to endorse and send back to me but they sent the check back saying I had not signed it-they told me not to before I mailed it! Anyway, when they sent the check back there was a letter enclosed with it explaining that I needed to sign the check and then I would receive money (be reimbursed) each time I sent them a receipt or proof that work was done-after it was okayed by someone? I was told by the insurance company that that was MY MONEY! My boyfriend plans on doing the work-which again, my insurance company said was ok. I don't have the money to fix my house and wait to be reimbursed. I had fallen a couple of months behind on my house payments and was waiting to get that caught up before I even try anything with the insurance check again. I've been approved for a loan modification now and my account will soon show that it is current. I'm scared to send them the check now though-reading all the post on this site. I think I will call the insurance company and talk with them some before I do-get some verification from them that I am supposed to be able to cash that check to use to repair my home. SO WORRIED!

• Yo
    Your Paralegal & Trial Service, LLC Mar 26, 2012

Please contact me at [protected]. I am starting a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo and would like to talk to you.

sadmama123 Mar 23, 2012

We have had the same issues with Wells Fargo. Our claim was a main line city sewer back up into our basement. It happened on January 31. It is now March 23. We have submitted and resubmitted paper work and still haven't had any monies released. We have contractors to pay and are going into debt to repair our basement where my dad lives. We're about ready to get a lawyer involved.

By the way, I wonder why concernedandstuff isn't working for Wells Fargo any longer.

• Tr
    Troy1972 Mar 01, 2012

Wells Fargo is just a horrible company. Thank you for letting me spend a year submitting and re-submitting paperwork for a loan remodification and then putting my house up for auction and letting me know that the results of my modification will be in a day AFTER the sale. It's been nice doing business with you all.

• Un
    UnpaidContractor Nov 16, 2011

Has anyone out there received there insurance money back yet? How long did it take?

I am in the same boat, only I am the contractor who has done all repairs and been finished with the homeowners house for several weeks.

Every week for the past 4 weeks I have been promised payment the following week. I have sent my FedEx shipping envelope and Wells Fargo won't use it. They keep sending correspondence through the regular postal service.

I was guaranteed payment by this Tuesday. Tuesday came and of course more docs needed to be signed. I also don't understand why it takes several days after a document is completed for them to tell you they need more paperwork signed. They have yet to call and request paperwork either. It has been the homeowner who has called for status updates before finding out about additional paperwork needed. The customer service has been substandard and not helpful at all.

I found out the claim check cleared the homeowner's insurance company's account almost 19 days ago. Man, I need some good news

Jon S... Nov 16, 2011

Wow, I am sorry you folks are having all this trouble with Wells Fargo but I have to admit that I am a little happy to see someone else having the same problem that I am having. I was beginning to think that it was just me. Dean, my story is almost i identical to yours. My insurance paid me nearly $20, 000 over a month ago and I can’t get any of MY money back from them. I am planning to go to my credit union tomorrow for a loan to give the roofer $3, 500 to start replacing my roof. Like with you Wells Fargo changes the rules every time I call, don't inform you when something is wrong and waits for you to call back to find out what the hold up is. You know Wells Fargo is sitting on millions of dollars, collecting interest and putting us off for as long as they can. Like you, they have taking MY $20, 000 and make me perform stupid people tricks to try to get my money back. I just wish I had enough money to get a lawyer to help me but I can’t even afford to fix my house right now. I am thinking of setting up a website to collect Wells Fargo horror stories. I did post a complaint with the BBB last night. I plan on finding as many sites as I can to let people know how abusive Wells Fargo has been and even make up some website if needed.

• De
    Dean ewitt Nov 15, 2011

Mercy...we have also been trying to get the monies owed to me from the so called "mylossdraft" dept of Wells Freaking Fargo!!...The same as you, Hurricane Irene hit us hard totally destroying a building on my property which I utilize for my business. My insurance company paid quickly but we had to mail it to Ohio for endorsement. I have filled out everything they ask for and it seems they keep coming up with a new excuse every week. It is now the middle of November and we have yet to see a red cent. I started going to my local Wells freaking Fargo branch and allowing a representative to talk with the ladies at the lossdraft dept. They told me 2 weeks ago everything is complete and I should have my check in 7-10 days. Today was day 11 so I called the lossdraft idiots again in which they told me everything was cancelled because I did not sign something in September, to which I replied "and you are just now telling me this?..how was I suppose to find out?.mental telepathy?...These fools never call, never mail anything, never have the same answer twice, and are not courteous at all and always rude!!...They are about to get a rude awakening from this man because an attorney is ready to sue the pants off of this bunch of crooks for damages as a result of their crooked dealings. They are hoping many will just give up and they will make a nice profit ...they better think twice because I will not lay down on this. I paid the insurnace premium and it is my money I have been fighting to get to fix my property. My local representative said "I don't know what to do"...How is that for customer service. I have lost sleep, and work because of

• Co
    concernedandstuff Nov 08, 2011

I used to work there. Depending on your amount they may not approve of your exception no matter what. The documentation is extensive and must be filled out correctly. Some things to make sure of: that all documents sent are complete copies; meaning you send EVERY PAGE of everything. That all documents are signed by the appropriate people. There are multiple forms which they need you and your co homeowner to SIGN AND DATE and others which need you, your co-home owner and the contractor to SIGN AND DATE. Make sure when you send them the INSURANCE damage report WITH EVERY SINGLE PAGE, NO EXCEPTIONS. Make sure the damage report appears on YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY letter head. Did you hear that, your insurance company's report on the insurance letter head. Not anyone else's. Here is where you say, "but my insurance company didn't give me a report on their letter head..." then I answer, "NO EXCEPTIONS!!!" Also, you need to send them a contract on your contractor's letterhead with a detailed outline of the work to be done. This contract must be signed and dated by all 3 parties, owner, co-owner, contractor ON THE $ TOTAL OR FINAL $ TOTAL PAGE. So recap, complete insurance damage report, their forms signed & dated by everyone, and the contractor's contract signed and dated by everyone. LASTLY, SEND THEM A FRONT AND BACK COPY OF YOUR CHECK. The 3-5 day t/f for the exception is a rough guess. It can take 2 weeks. There are just a few people approving exceptions for 100's of homeowners a week. I AM NOT DEFENDING THEM, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW. They also have a website with that information. www.mylossdraft.com