Wells Fargo Auto Financewells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans!

G

I purchased a vehicle in late 2005 and used Wells Fargo as my finance company. I added the vehicle on to our existing insurance policy with Allstate and maintained that until switching agents (still with Allstate). We then changed to a family agent who placed us with TOPA/RMIS. We have never had any lapse in policy or terminations of any policy. However, shortly after we purchased the vehicle, Wells fargo has sent us letters indicating the placement of Collateral Insurance on the vehicle for failure to provide proof of insurance. OK, we thought this must be a mistake and someone's something didn't talk to the next person's somebody. We called Wells Fargo and submitted via fax the Insurance declaration page. Upon receiving our next 2 statements, we noticed the Collateral Protection charge is still factored in to the amount (nearly $2000!!!).

Then the collection calls began.

I called back to Wells Fargo and after fighting with a collection rep just to get to speak with someone regarding the insurance portion, I was finally transferred to a manager (or so I thought!) who explained that they had no record of receiving my proof of insurance. Did it just vanish into thin air? Did someone just not do their job? OK, mistakes can happen... we faxed it over again figuring this "manager" guy should settle this once and for all. 2 months go by, 4 months go by, and still nothing taken off our bill, all the while, the collectors are steadily calling and getting more in our faces and threating us with their veil little threats, as if it were their PERSONAL automobiles!

2 months after switching to our new insurance, we receive another Collateral Protection placement letter for nearly $2000! We went through the process of calling again, this time being directed to call Balboa Insurance directly. OK, now we're getting somewhere... not. After Submitting our OLD insurance and the NEW insurance to Balboa, it seems at one point they mysteriously don't have a record of receiving it, the next time they saw the notes in the computer where we submitted it but nothing was processed and that they would look into it. Several months had expired with nothing being deducted from our statements and now it is showing an outstanding balance just over $4500. You can imagine the flavor of the collection calls now. It was really getting nasty when we changed to our Family's private Insurance agent who placed us with TOPA. Of course we received another letter shortly after for Collateral Protection placement (can you guess how much?!) I promptly called again, and was directed to Collections. I hung up and called Balboa directly... again. This time I spoke to a representative who was only interested in receiving the proof of the current insurance coverage and would not listen or look into my claims regarding the other 2 CP placements. THIS TIME, THEY FINALLY showed a deduction for this 3rd CP placement amount.

I called again to resolve the previous issues, and was directed to have my Agent call. He did while I was sitting in his office. It has been almost 4 months since and things have not been resolved at all. We have followed every guideline we can and still nothing from them. Not only is their insurance outrageously high, but the internal mechanisms of communication between these 2 companies is nonexistent.

Additionally, I have previously purchased a used truck in 1997 wherein Wells Fargo was the finance company, and the same thing happened. It took them forever to get the records updated (both with Balboa, and then with Wells) to reflect the private coverage.

It then took almost 2 months for the reduction to show up on my statement.

We have recently purchased a new family vehicle and again, in no more than 2 months, we received a CP letter for this vehicle. We called Balboa and got the run-around. We then had our Agent call Balboa and 2 bills later the deduction appeared. We also received a confirmation letter from Balboa rescinding the Collateral Protection on this vehicle (for now!)

In my opinion, Wells Fargo Auto Finance could be a good company to work with if they maintained their policies from a management perspective, dealing with issues of oversight fairly and not as if everyone is a criminal (guilty until you prove yourself innocent... multiple times!!!). They should have better communication with their partner companies... but then again, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE GUYS WHO PURCHASE A LITTLE CAR FROM A LITTLE DEALERSHIP. They only care about their monopolistic gains and it is just a paycheck to their representative. No wonder American jobs are getting shipped overseas at record pace! Because we just don't care enough to do our jobs properly. I can truthfully understand if I were trying to rip them off and just say "screw them", but I am an average working class stiff, who has his financial ups and downs (who doesn't these days) but I am definitely not trying to NOT pay for something I purchased.

This whole company needs to be INVESTIGATED and a little CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT immediately! I would like to know how to initiate a class action law suit against them as there are numerous complaints regarding this practice.

Thanks.

• Er
    Erik Robert Sep 13, 2016

Same thing is happening to me I'm paying for insurance for them and I have my insurance on my own I pretty much gave up and just keep paying it. It's almost $80 extra month. What can I do to make this stop?

• Mi
    Mike Jun 03, 2016

I had ran into financial difficulties a couple years back and I had some leverage on my truck so I refinanced my truck through Wells Fargo. WHAT HUGE MISTAKE!!! I was making payments to them on a monthly basis. They may have not been exactly on time but none of which was over 30 days. I ran into a financial snag which I had to be late with a payment with them for almost 30 days late but again nothing over 30 days. That's when the headaches started. I would get collection calls almost 15 per dat, stating that I was almost 54 days past due of $320 which seemed funny to me because my payments were almost $500 a month with them. I naturally got hit with lates fees, processing fees and fees for making a payment over the phone with a live rep. So I paid it and that's when things really started to go haywire. Every month it seemed that I was always short a payment here or there and I woulod get hit with all these fees on a monthly basis. Eveytime over the phone the rep would tell me that everything is all caught up next payment is due on my next due date and everything is fine. No more than 3 days later they tell me I'm still behind and they told me the other rep was wrong in telling me I was caught up. This nightmare gets worse, month by month fees accumulated and the same story I was behind in my payments pay X amount and I would be current if I made the payment over the phone and like a fool I would pay it and like clock work a few days later someone else would call me stating I was behind again and the previous rep was wrong for telling me I was caught up. This snowballed into me being behind $1487.00 At the beginning of the year I thought well I will start the year out fresh I sent W.F. $1500.00 and the rep on the phone said that was more than enough to get caught up and my next payment was not due until the middle of February. I thought great I started a new year back on track. WRONG!!! I got a call 5 days later stating I was actually short $345!!!! The rep was wrong for telling me I was caught up. Here we go again with the fees!!!
    I am pulling a bank recall of any payments made to them from last year to see what has been paid to them and where the actual mistake lies.

HELP!! Does anyone have experience with Wells Fargo like I have? Anyone have any suggestion how I might be able to unload this loan! Since taking this loan I am now way upside down so selling it makes it impossible and W.F. doesn't have assumable loans.

• Dl
    DL Nash Jun 03, 2016

I am dealing with the very same issue. Consider filing a complaint with the OCC, a federal regulator of national banks. Their website is http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm

I am filing a complaint with the OCC as well as the Attorney General's office in my state and the Better Business Bureau. Perhaps if Wells Fargo receives enough complaints against it, it will be forced to treat its customers fairly.

• De
    Dee Jun 03, 2016

My husband and I have been going through this insurance BS with wellsfargo for as long as we have had my car. We purchased the car back in 2003 and have been fighting this battle with them over them adding this bogus insurance to our loan off and on for 5 years. There has got to be something that can be done about this. I am going to look into it. We have been trying for months to get that insurance removed yet again. If it wasn't for that insurance my car would be almost paid off. I am a Paralegal major in college and I am going to speak with my Attorney instructors to see if there is something legal that can be done about these people STEALING money from us hard working people. If I have any luck with this, which I can be very pushy and ### until I things are resolved, I will be sure to let you all know how I managed to do it. One way or another this company needs to pay back all they have stolen from us. I had spoken with a very nice lady at wellsfargo (which is unusual), and she told me that if I don't stay ontop of Balboa then the likelihood of me have that money credited back to my account is slim to none. She said that this company does not like to do that and getting it done is like pulling teeth. Anyhow, I wish you all the best of luck. Take care.

• Je
    jessica caldwell Jun 03, 2016

I hate WELLS FARGO, i am going through a similar situation w/ them w/ the insurance not that long ago i had a @sshole excuse my french call me from the collection dept talking about that i needed i am 32 days past due my ###... I pay them & i am barely 3 days past due for jan. payment well he said it was b/c of the ins. I told dim that we were in the middle of getting that resolved & my husband was taking care of that, the rep told me well of course you don't want to fix it b/c you are not listening, my response was first off i don't need your sassyness & he just kept talking over me i got so frustrated plus my preg. hormones kicked in & i told him to get screw off my phone then & hung up. I know what your thinking i cuss to much but dealing w/ this unprofessionals how can you manage to keep your cool you cant!!! Well earlier today they called & my husband talked to them & to my surprise they said that the last payment that i made they took 1 hundred & something out for the ins. payment mind you i have ins. according to them i haven't had ins. since sept. but yet i was never billed for that until barely this month makes no damn since... even before that i never received any notification stating that i was uninsured for that long back in nov. i changed ins. but prior than that wells fargo sent a letter saying if i didn't get ins. on my vehicle within 10 days they were going to apply the ins. on my acct. & i did so why in the hell are they charging me for it now & saying that i am 32 days past due. I am so upset w/ them i hate their harassments & sassyness i am in a middle of complicated preg. & this the last thing that i need to be worrying about i cant stress over some ish that i don't owe, and to top this off back in november they deposit a postdated ck on the wrong date & overdrawled my acct. We have faxed spoken about this even refused to not pay the bill until they fixed it now that hasnt work b/c they started placing late fees on me for their mistakes now mind you i am not paying a penny of late fees or for that damn ins. all i want is my refund for my overdrawn acct. that they said they would do & have that ins. drama taken care of. I am to the point where i just want to get real hood w/ them or even take it to a lawyer but i cant strain myself like that i have to look out for my health & my unborn childs health. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO... I REALLY DON'T...

• Ki
    kim168 Jul 17, 2014

It is a rip off. I have been purchase stamp from Wells Fargo ATM for years. I don't know the postage costs per stamp. I thought we just pay for the cost of the stamps. who would think there is a charge? not getting from them anymore

thanks for sharing,
    kim

• Al
    alex198 Apr 10, 2014

they did the same thing to me and they made it look like i was only making half of the $700 payment and that's because they were taking there insurance payment out of my payment while i had my own insurance. and then one day they came and took the car and wanted me to pay the whole amount to get the car back.
    i didn't have $29000 under the couch so i couldn't pay them they sold the car at some auction for$3000.0 and ruined my credit and now i get 20- 30 calls per day demanding rest of the money.
    if anyone have any answers please email me and let me know.
    [email protected]

• Pi
    pissed o Jan 16, 2013

have the title to my truck and thay say that I owe them more money. this is the worst place I have ever done business with can you say that thay suck.

• Ju
    June-T Nov 15, 2012

Same thing... My car was financed through Wells Fargo. I was involved in an accident about 4 months ago. The car was totaled. I submitted all of the documents, made all of the calls and returned of the calls to Wells Fargo, but they're still charging me for insurance on a car that I don't have. MDI Adjustment of $1, 073.00.

JamieLegalApprentice Apr 16, 2012

I am a Legal Apprentice at a New York law firm, and I am responding to posts made by Wells Fargo auto customers who have been charged for Collateral Protection Insurance or CPI. Our law firm is currently investigating this type of conduct. Please disregard the previous post by a former law clerk at the firm. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your experience. My email is [email protected]

• What is it, how come people haven't taken these what ever you want to call them to court and sue ?. whats' up with this?...

• Tr
    TribalFury Feb 08, 2012

Time to file a complaint the federal agency that regulates banks.
    Also, a district court case for any fees, ALL fax charges, personal time on telephone, and damages is in order.

When dealing with banks, always keep a record of WHEN and WHO you call/speak to. Should there be a problem, you will have your notes.

Oh, and the police keep meticulous records of events for the exact same reason. Someone 'forgets' what happened but the case file had something they said as plain as black and white. And of course the police all carry hidden tape recorders for this reason.

• Gj
    GJuar Feb 06, 2012

i sat here and read all these comments i sat here for two hours and wells fargo has made me sick to my stomach just thinking about all this and that i might be having all these problems . i wish i had known what i was getting myself into before i bought my dream car now im stressing and i wont be able to sleep tonight THANKS WELLS FARGO

• Th
    ThomasLegalAnalyst Feb 03, 2012

I am a Legal Analyst at a New York law firm, and I am responding to posts made by Wells Fargo auto customers who have been charged for Collateral Protection Insurance or CPI. Our law firm is currently investigating this type of conduct. Please disregard the above post by a former law clerk at the firm. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your experience. My phone number is [protected], and my email is [email protected]

• Ji
    Jim Tedeschi Jan 17, 2012

You might be better off not getting extensions. We were under the impression that they just extended the loan another month, so throughout the 6 year loan we received 5 extensions. Now Wells Fargo says all five extensions have to be paid all in one lump sum, totaling $2, 000 or the vehicle will be repossessed. Does this sound right? Is that how extensions work? I have finally paid my car off with First Commonwealth and received a total of two extensions with them. All they did with First Commonwealth was extend the final pay off of the loan two months.

• Ts
    tsagliani Dec 28, 2011

complaint, spoke with Allissa about 5 pm today. She was rude, spoke over me. would not stop talking while I was speaking, and was not professional. She should not be in customer service. I asked for her supervisor and she spoke sarcasticly HAVE A NICE DAY loudly or something to that effect. I do not appreciate being treated like that. At one point she said she didnt know how many NSFs I had . I have never been treated like that from anyone at Wells fargo. She gives you a bad reputation. How many others does she treat badly and gets away with it. Then proceeded to send me to a voice mail of her suppossed supervisor. I was charged for NSF in my bank account for Dec. I had asked that auto pay be turned off in Nov 2011. The woman assured me it would. It was not and it resulted in a NSF charge of 36.00. I want a refund. I have faxed paperwork pertaining to my bank statements on 12-21-11. I got a letter saying you want more information on 12-28-11. What is going on. please refund my 36.00 ASAP.

• Be
    BenLawClerk Nov 11, 2011

I am a Law Clerk at a New York law firm, and I am responding to posts
    conduct. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your
    experience. My phone number is [protected] ext. [115], and my email is
    [email protected]

• Le
    Leslie Walker Apr 09, 2011

I am experiencing the exact same issues with Wells Fargo. They said back in 2007 that I owed for not havign car insurance. We showed proof that we had car insurance, they say they never received. We played that game like 4 or 5 times, finally they say they recevied it. In the interim, they were applying all payments to the car insurance payments so it was making my monthly payment late. They said they would correct it and so I left it at that. I call every so often to check on why my acct still says I owe a late payment or am behind one payment and they refuse to answer just tell me I am in collections and they will coem get my car. Well now, today I call to make my last payment to get my title and they say well we cant give you your title because you owe 1025.oo and that includes late fees. I got so upset because for months I have asked to resolve this by getting my last 5 years of payment history and they never send it. I asked in January and they say they sent it but it never came, but all myh other bills come. Very mysterious. I am so upset with them I am trying to figure out what legal action I can take becasue they refuse to provide me with any info saying it is my responsibility to knwo my payments and what I make and nto their's and that they will send it out again but I need to make a payemtn now before I get more late charges. I wil NEVER get a loan with them nor will my family. They are taking my money and askign me to give more than I owe and refuse to prove to me I owe it. What can be done about this. It seems that this complaint is very very frequent and I wonder what action others have taken and gotten results in thier favor. I need help because I want to use it as a trade it and I can not even get the title to something I know i paid for in full and never late! Please advise anyone!

jawallen Feb 18, 2011

I have been dealing with them for more than 2 years over the exact same thing. The only thing different than yours is that I have NEVER switched/changed/modified my insurance for the life of the loan. Every month they add more and more late fees because I refuse to pay their insurance. I have talked to 20+ people regarding this issue and every time they tell me that they see where the problem is and they will fix it. NOT the phone calls are ridiculous.. At least 1-2 calls per hour. Every time it is someone different and I have to try to explain the past 2 years every time I talk to someone. Now they say I owe almost 2000. I have never been 1 day late in my payment history and have always carries insurance on the vehicle. I am fed up and feel like they can come get the car and shove it somewhere. This company is absolutely crooked and needs to have some kind of regulation on their practices. I am at the point where I just don’t know what to do anymore. Very disheartening when I know that I have done nothing wrong and cannot get anyone to listen to me. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH THEM, YOU WILL REGRET IT...

• Me
    melisa covington Feb 05, 2011

I too had problems with wells fargo back in 2008. I finance a car with them and they falsely repo my car, and send it straight to auction in atlanta to sell it. I end up paying all theses fees to get it back. what had happen was the company changed or moved location and held my checks for three months before mailing them back with the new address to mail them too. i dont know how they is getting away with messing up people credit. Now i have a repo on my credit and it was their mistake not mine. This is preventing me from getting any loans. im pissed off!

• Mi
    mikeledo Jan 17, 2011

Wells Fargo handles the mortgage on my trailer. I owe more on it than it is worth. Not a month goes by without them calling and wanting to sell me something: mortgage insurance, life insurance, appliance insurance, credit card, and a bunch of stuff. After I say "No" they keep selling. That is there training. Then I say, "What part of "No" don't you understand? " At that point they stop the selling speech and say good-bye, citing their 800 number as they fade away.

Maureen_S Jan 17, 2011

I don't doubt that they'd charge a fee for the pleasure of them taking your money a few months early. I'm praying that you get your title too. I have to call them and tell them the car is totaled now and hope to get out of the loan with them going to insurance for the payment IF they don't try to come after both me, my co-signer and the insurance which is their behavior in my experience.

• Te
    texvet Nov 16, 2010

I have had the same issue in the past the filed a repossession on my credit report but never repo'd my car. now 2 years later i am still fighting to get it removed. additionally I only owe about 6 more payments on the car but now that I have a new baby i need a larger car. I went to sell my car to a dealer and they said that their is a $2, 200 "contract termination fee" for paying it off 6 months early!!! needless to say i didn't sell. How can it be legal to charge that much to pay off a car 6 months early, and my loan agreement expressly states no prepayment penalties. They say that its not a "penalty" its a "fee" and that its standard to charge 10% of the original value of the loan...which I know is total BS. I am just praying that I actually get my title from them once I get it paid off. the F^%$ them I will never do business with them again. I got all the way up to a junior VP and told them that I have filed a complaint with every public veterans agency in the country since this loan was through their "military banking" program...hell I was in Iraq when I bought the car...They are going to mess around and tick off the wrong group of individuals. I will never give them another penny of my money and I tell everyone I talk to not to bank with them. They are thieves and criminals.

Maureen_S Oct 31, 2010

I have similar issues, very similar including a repo last week after 4 years of timely payments and being 15 days late - that's right and my credit and that of my co-signer is now destroyed. Once the car is back in my possession, we are paying it off but I'm concerned after reading about lost titles. Regardless, I'd rather file for lost title than have these bottom feeding pig [censor] life ruining jerk-bags to deal with.

OH AND:
    For whomever thinks Wachovia is NOT Wells Fargo, you are incorrect. Wachovia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo Bank N.A.

Regardless:
    1. Keep this alive. I have a few calls in to legal organizations. Class action is necessary and there are far too many complaints across the board here for one or more of the attorneys I've called to not accept the class pro-bono or for post settlement payment. These idiots have to be stopped.
    2. Use what you have and contact the elected officials in your area: Congress signed off on the bail outs to keep these clowns in business so in this time of mid-term elections, use the congressional bozos to put pressure on the WFAF bozo teams. Having worked for a major bank for years, believe me the last thing they want is the government or any agencies crawling up their [censor]
    3. Continue to keep Balboa in the mix as Wells Fargo claims no affiliation however, Balboa is strictly part of the Wells Fargo family
    4. Play their game to their face - make the payments and on time and please check back here. We have a class now we just need the action of the lawsuit.

• Tr
    Trixiedb1 Oct 13, 2010

I, too have had several issues with Wells Fargo Auto. I took on this loan while I was with another employer and have since lost that job, was on unemployment for over 6 months and am now with another employer making a significant amount less a month. I do my best to get them $$ every month and understand that this is my financial obligation, all of which I told the representative on the phone. I told them what I could pay and when and that I am trying to get caught up after being unemployed, and they acted concerned at first but then they turn the tables. He told me he would note the account that I was unwilling to make a payment and that I was refusing to work with them even though they were trying to work with me. I also had another rep tell me he would not accept the payment I was going to give them. I feel like if I am communicating with them about my specific situation and doing my best to fulfill my obligation, they should have some understanding. I need my vehicle for work, but am just about ready to let it go back.

• De
    Dearest_Abby Aug 13, 2010

I am so irritated with WellsFargo and their ATM SCAM!! I saw the screen that confirmed "This is a .09 cent difference" and I thought to myself "Hey, I'm willing to pay a .09 cent TOTAL Transaction fee.", but oh was I wrong! Having a fee of .09 cents PER STAMP is outrageous, that's like a 21% mark up! The screen should say, "This means you will be paying .53 cents per stamp. Are you okay with that?", but WF knows people will say NO WAY and then they can't sell stamps or make money.
    I got home and immediately called the branch location, but the response was "you need to call the ATM company", so I called DUNBAR, they tell me that WellsFargo makes the money on the transaction, so I called WF back and asked for the location manager. She called corporate WellsFargo on my behalf and they told her, I chose "YES" on two different screens warning me of the price, so they won't allow me to return the product nor refund the transaction fee. (I'm sorry, but when a customer buys something and isn't happy with their purchase for any reason, and if there is no disclosure regarding "no return/refund" policy then they should be able to return it.)
    Luckily, my arguement was convincing enough to have the location manager refund me "part" of my transaction fee. Actually, most of it, which I thanked her kindly. Funny, she disclosed that she had purchased the stamps at the ATM once, and didn't like the service fee herself. Praise God for softening peoples hearts!
    STAY AWAY from the STAMPS at the ATM!

• Ca
    CA3 Jul 29, 2010

OUTRAGEOUS!! I was about to go buy stamps at the ATM and googled "buying stamps at Wells Fargo ATM" to make sure they still sell them, and came across this board! Thanks to the complainer!

• Ac
    acegikmoqsuwy Jul 28, 2010

When I bought the stamps I chose to receive a receipt but that button would not work. I pushed it over and over and even canceled and started the transaction over again and it still would not give me a receipt. The next button I tried was to email me a receipt. That worked the first time I tried it. For this reason I did not realize how much it cost until I arrived home and saw the email. They probably figure you would be less likely to complain or even see the problem later. It seems unethical to me to not give you advance notice of these prices. An $8 fee for a machine to sell you stamps is ridicules. It seems Wells Fargo charges higher fees that anyone. You need to be very careful if you deal with this business.

• Ka
    katela Jun 05, 2010

I cannot agree with you more on the Wells Fargo complaints about the transaction fee on the stamps. I did not know about this either and made the same mistake just last week after making a deposit. I also did not realize the transaction fee until I looked at my receipt after my husband told me. I will take the stamps back to the branch next Monday and demand my money back. I am also a long time customer of WF and cannot believe they would do this to their customers.

• Ih
    ihm11698 Jun 02, 2010

Go to: http://consumerist.com/2008/09/contact-info-for-wells-fargo-ceo-john-stumpf-and-friends.html

Provides details on how to reach Wells Fargo executive customer service Telephone, email address of all the CEO's of Wells Fargo

Although it is not the Auto Finance Dept. with enough emails calls and complaints, maybe they will contact their own people.

Such as Mark C. Oman SEVP Home & Consumer Finance (Wells FArgo Auto Finance.

For Balboa Insurance email: markamcelroy(at)balboainsurance(dot)com. Or Fax [protected] or [protected]
    Mark A. McElroy Balboa CEO

Also Balboa Insurance has a website, leave a complaint on their contact page.

• Si
    singlemom4 May 26, 2010

I have had all the problems, Insurance problems, mean or mindless represenatives, long waits, I was told that my loan which I got in 2006 the interest would be lowered in couple years It is 2010 and I am still fighting with them to get my 17.99% loan which I owe 17, 000. on my payments 545.78. Today I tried to call to get a deferment because in November I lost my job, Yes I have unemployment, but its not enough I have four children single mom I have other bills house payment etc. The guy has the nerve to tell me that I need to make one more payment to get the deferment, I have been paying for 4 yrs why do I need to make another payment, I never had to before with a deferment and I am asking for the deferment because I can't make the payment so how the H am I supposed to make one more payment. I wish there was some way I could get this stupid loan paid off so I never have to deal with wellsfargo again, I will never buy a vehicle that needs a loan again, I will buy some cheap used car if I decide I ever need a new vehicle. The bank itself gives me headach and heartache with there latefee's and stupid systems. I opened an account with chase who has a better protection system to keep you from getting late fee's, I have paid over 1, 000.00 in latefee's to that bank because my account would say I would have the money in it, but then for some reason it didn't and then it would cause me to owe even more money because of the late fee. Some things over something that cost only one dollar and I end up oweing 35.00. They are like leaches. Then they tell me its my fault and make me feel worse than I already do because I lost my job, well why aren't you working? why can't you pay your bills? They have brought me to tears more than over 1, 000 times. I'm suprised I'm still making it. I wish I knew what I could do. I want to write the big wigs of wells fargo, but they are prob sitting in there million dollar homes and don't give a care about anything but sucking us poor people dry, kind of like robin hood, the king was making the poor people pay pay pay and they did not have anything to pay. Were is robin hood at? I need you.

• He
    HeidiNBill May 07, 2010

With all the continued complaint of there mishandling of account and rude "customer service reps" has any one started a class action suit?? I know the economy is hard and trying to find some one pro bono..I am sure they may just come out greatly ahead, , I too have an added "unbelievable story of there Managerial staff" ..I am on board, if there is some one with connections to a good lawyer!! the people you meet face to face in there offices have told me they can't help to straighten this out because it would be a "conflict of interest" what can us hard working stiffs do?? Any suggestions? I'm on board!!

noncon Apr 12, 2010

My husband just came home, all proud that he was able to buy stamps at Wells Fargo and save himself the one-block trip to the post office. What a surprise to him (and to me) to find out that there is a huge transaction fee! What a rip. I could see a $1 dispensing fee, but $8!!!

• So
    soinso Mar 05, 2010

The policy hasn't changed as I write this note in March, 2010. I guess the lesson here is; Beware of all offers of services from Wells Fargo . They are a business, in the business of making money...off of us.

• Ri
    Ripped Off and Irate Feb 14, 2010

This same happened to me on almost all accounts but I lost onle 214.00 that I have never been able to recover in six years.They need to have the Federal Trade Commission put on them, to stop this it has gone on far to long!!!The finance company and insurance must not be allowed to be in bed togeather!!!

• Ly
    lynne scott Feb 03, 2010

my complicant is with wells fargo auto finance/balboa insurance, they repo my truck because wells fargo auto didn't have the insurance proof that was provided at time i took insurance coverage with my insurance company. it has been (3) three days now. my insurance company has provided the delcaration page to prove that coverage has been/and is on my truck, but still they holding my truck. my insurance company told me today balboa has cancelled the insurance they place on my truck, balboa received the proof they needed and that i needed to contact wells fargo auto collection dept to see how to go by redeeming my truck. this is something i never heard of, i am not behind in truck note, nor have i miss from making a payment. i really don't believe that i should suffer because my insurance information did't roll over to wells fargo. if there is a class action law suit i would like more infomation, please email me with ANY additional information in regaurds to a class action suit. [email protected]

• Ri
    ript-off Jan 29, 2010

I completely agree with everyone here that WELLS FARGO needs a class-action lawsuit slapped onto them for their blatantly obvious and malicious practices of ripping off innocent customers. I too am a victim of theirs, not only with their insurance scam, but with their threat to repossess my car after rudely implying that I "refused" to make a payment, which was 8 days late (the only time in 3 years that I've been late on a car payment). It also conveniently takes them forever to remove their ridiculously high insurance premiums from your account, despite the fact that you have repeatedly proven that you carry your own insurance.. this is common practice for them..Their customer service reps are obviously uneducated, obnoxious and insensitive to their customers' needs. I have NEVER in my entire lifetime dealt with such a corrupt corporation as WELLS FARGO. I implore you to take your business elsewhere, refinance with another lender, and let your friends, family and co-workers know not to ever do business with WELLS FARGO!! PLEASE continue to report them to the BBB as well as your state's Attorney General, and get a class-action lawsuit started against them!!!

• Je
    Jesrom Jan 19, 2010

I feel everyone. We are in need of an extension because of our financial situation. My husband got out of the army six months ago and no one is calling back for work. I called wells Fargo today and couldn't get help from the rep so I asked to speak with the manager. She was sounding more like a marraige counselor than any collections manager. She told me that I should get mad at my husband because it was his fault we were in the situation. She had a bad attitude. Ofcourse cause she's on the phone, I doubt she would have the guts to tell me to my face. They have the upper hand and we have nothing. It upsets me that in my 4 years of making payments I've never had a late one. What do I get for it? Nothing!

An American citizen Jan 15, 2010

Is anyone suing? May I join with you? Please email: [email protected]

• Co
    Connie Clark Jan 14, 2010

Wow - I thought they were just rude to me. Well's Fargo Auto Finance is a very untrustworthy company. They call me nonstop even if I make arrangements with one person then another one calls me. It is illegal to call a person at work when they are told that you cannot have personal phone calls and they still call. Plus they have been harassing, mean and just downright awful to me. Last night I had it with them and I went off on the lady. Today I want to file a complaint against them.