VRBO/Homeaway — extra fee / "new" business perspective
So we talked to VRBO's "customer service" yesterday, and just to let everyone know what their new "business perspective" is, and I quote "we do not see the renters as your (the home owners) customer, we see them as our customers providing them the service." Last time I checked, I paid the mortgage, I deal with any problems, I keep the customer satisfied and returning year after year. VRBO is a listing/advertising service PERIOD!! Apparently the home owners are not customers, even though we pay them thousands of dollars a year! Oh, buy the way, they also said that we should not be dealing with the renter directly, solely using their sytem and if we didn't should still be charging the 4-10% fee. HUH????? This company has gone Bat S*** Crazy.
Did some research...VacationHomeRentals.com (associated with Trip Advisor), utilizes the old system that VRBO used, which served everyone well, and kept the business between the renter and the owner. It is also about half of the price. I'm taking my four properties and heading out of dodge, before I have to pay for a renewal!!
VRBO got greedy and will be their downfall. I am spreading the word, to all that I know who use VRBO (which is a lot), to start heading to this other site, as well as bypassing the "book now" system and deal directly with the home owner.
More VRBO/Homeaway Complaints & Reviews
- VRBO - customer service 
- VRBO - terrible rental vacation
- VRBO - beware of property owner lying to keep deposit 
- [Resolved] VRBO listing # 93643 - filthy mountain cove cottage 
- VRBO - vrbo listing #292327 
- vrbo.com - the website and dashboard are down constantly or freeze, no customer service
- VRBO - new service fee 
- VRBO - I don't receive my payment and answer 
- VRBO/Homeaway - internet fraud 
- www.vrbo.co - fake contact info and impossible to reach the online agent