Menu

complaints

Pilgrim Tours & Travel Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
8 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Pilgrim Tours & Travel at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Pilgrim Tours & Travel has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pilgrim Tours & Travel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Pilgrim Tours & Travel complaints 8

Sort by:

Newest Pilgrim Tours & Travel complaints

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel Purchased Israel trip last March and was cancelled three days prior to going

Purchased Israel trip last March and was cancelled three days prior to going. Still waiting for a refund.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel We (me and wife John and Jane Doe) joined the reputable Pilgrim Tours & Travel's Pilgrims Best of Israel and Egypt Tour on May 19-June 3,2020

We (me and wife John and Jane Doe) joined the reputable Pilgrim Tours & Travel's Pilgrims Best of Israel and Egypt Tour on May 19-June 3,2020. We put down a deposit of $600. It is never our intention to cancel the tour. However, due to the global widespread of COVID-19, the Department of State has issued a level 4 Alert to all travelers to Israel and Egypt. I am 70 years old and my wife is 66. We are in the high-risk age. Millions of people were affected and thousands died of that virus. Pilgrim Tours & Travel wanted to penalize us of $400 for cancellation of the tour which can be completed. I think it is not fair and request a full refund of $600 our hard-earned money.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel We booked a tour with Pilgrim tours on November 14 and made a deposit of $1,000.00 for 2 passengers

We booked a tour with Pilgrim tours on November 14 and made a deposit of $1,000.00 for 2 passengers. The 13 day pilgrimage tour is scheduled for August 7. The company cancelled the tour on around March . On June 16,2020, the company Refunded $600.00 out of the $1,000 deposit and charged $400 for administrative fees. This is unfair that customers have to pay the company for their own undeliverables. If this is allowed by US government/law, then any business/tour/travel agency can generate a fake tour, then they cancel later on and charge the customer for penalties and fees. This company should be investigated in their operations and license should be suspended for this kind of practice.

Hide full review

Is Pilgrim Tours & Travel legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Pilgrim Tours & Travel as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Pilgrim Tours & Travel stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Pilgrim Tours & Travel should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Pilgrim Tours & Travel earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Pilgrim Tours & Travel achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Pilgrim Tours & Travel has received 10 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of Pilgrim Tours & Travel's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Pilgrimtours.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Pilgrim Tours & Travel website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Pilgrimtours.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

According to our analysis, Pilgrim Tours & Travel appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

Several positive reviews for Pilgrim Tours & Travel have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Pilgrim Tours & Travel has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 8 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Pilgrimtours.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The pilgrimtours.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Pilgrim Tours & Travel protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel This business is refusing to refund people for their trips even though the COVID19 virus is causing people to have to cancel their trips

This business is refusing to refund people for their trips even though the COVID19 virus is causing people to have to cancel their trips. My parents had a trip planned for Italy, but because of the virus, and the shut down in Italy and the fact that there is a European travel ban in effect they decided to cancel their trip and asked the company for a refund. But the company basically said it was against policy and refused to refund them. My parents even said they would be willing to book with them in the future but for now they obviously couldn't go on the trip because it was impossible to fly there, but the company still refused to refund them. It's just bad business practice to be completely inflexible during a chaotic world event like this. Even airlines are allowing people to change and cancel their flights and receive a full refund due to current events.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel I am filing a formal complaint against Pilgrim Tours in Morgantown, PA

I am filing a formal complaint against Pilgrim Tours in Morgantown, PA. I put a $300 deposit to go on a trip in June . However, due to the Coronavirus, my employer announced to all employees that all vacations were to be cancelled. I contacted Pilgrim Tours travel agent (Lenny H) immediately who stated that I would be refunded $200 due to their cancellation policy. I stated to him this was not fair because this was circumstances beyond my control. I did not want to cancel the trip and I need my job. I emailed Pilgrims, CEO who gave me the same response. In light of COVID-19, my hours have been reduced at work. I need my $100. Companies are being flexible with their customers during this unexpected event. I am extremely upset about this matter. I am requesting a refund of $100. Every little bit helps when it comes to paying bills and other expenses. I appreciate your attention regarding this matter.

T

Pilgrim Tours & Travel Below is letter I wrote to our agent at Pilgrim Tours

Below is letter I wrote to our agent at Pilgrim Tours. They are still keeping $600 of our deposit.I do not recommend them at all! Dear Lenny, We are writing to you because we want our FULL deposit back- no deduction for service fees etc. Israel is closed entirely- no-one is allowed in and who know when they will reopen their country. Pilgrim Tours decided to cancel this trip for the above reasons. We are not in a financial position for you to keep our $600. deposit. No matter what your contract states, these are unusual and dangerous times and you need to do the right thing. We do not want travel vouchers from your company for future use because the future of travel is way too uncertain. If you do not refund our TOTAL deposit we have no choice but to place this in dispute with our credit card company. You and Pilgrim Tours know that this is the morally right thing to do. I hope you will do the right thing. Thank You in advance for your prompt reply. John and Jane Doe Smith

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel On October 8 I scheduled a vacation through Pilgrim Tours to Israel, Jordan, and Greece and we began to make payments

On October 8 I scheduled a vacation through Pilgrim Tours to Israel, Jordan, and Greece and we began to make payments. Our dream vacation (scheduled for August ) had to be canceled when COVID-19 became an issue. Israel is closed to all incoming visitors. On March 16, we contacted Pilgrim Tours (in writing) asking for a complete refund. On March 16, Jennifer C from Pilgrim Tours emailed a reply which said that since our tour was 91 days out, each person on our tour would be charged a $100 service fee. I replied and told Jennifer to proceed. When I didn't hear back, I emailed again. When I didn't hear back, I emailed a third time. I finally received an email from Jennifer saying that our airfare was a total loss and we would only get a partial refund. We checked with the airlines and they are giving a complete refund. I understand that COVID-19 is not the fault of Pilgrim Tours. But considering travel is not allowed and may not be for the foreseeable future, I believe a full refund is appropriate.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pilgrim Tours & Travel Our church organized a 16 day trip to Egypt and Israel for May 19 - June 3 for 40+ elderly people (many with underlying health conditions)

Our church organized a 16 day trip to Egypt and Israel for May 19 - June 3 for 40+ elderly people (many with underlying health conditions). Egypt and Israel have a policy to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. The church organizer informed Pilgrim Tours that we do not want to go during the coronavirus pandemic. Pilgrim Tours insist we need to pay the remaining balance on March 19th ($3,680 per person) or lose our $300 deposit that we made per person. They finally agreed to return $100 per person but penalizing us for $200 per person.They are profiting over $8,000 of the deposits. It will be unsafe for us to travel and a high chance of contracting Covid-19 among our group when we are not social distancing during this pandemic. When we arrive we would not be able to sight-see or tour the countries, thus not getting the service we paid for. Even with these reasons, Pilgrim Tours refuse to cancel the trip. If Pilgrim Tours cancel the trip then they will refund us the money. Instead, they push us into a corner and make us cancel the trip so that they can penalize us. We are over 65 years old and are at high risk of death if we contract Covid-19. We cannot go and should not go to Egypt and Israel. We are not even stepping outside our home. Pilgrim Tours is still insisting we should go on this trip.

Overview of Pilgrim Tours & Travel customer experience

Pilgrim Tours & Travel (pilgrimtours.com) has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several concerning issues. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with their services, citing problems such as poor customer service, unprofessional behavior, and misleading information. Many individuals have reported difficulties in obtaining refunds or resolving issues with their bookings. Moreover, there have been complaints regarding the company's lack of transparency and hidden fees, leaving customers feeling deceived. Pilgrim Tours & Travel's negative reputation is further exacerbated by their failure to address and rectify these issues promptly. These recurring problems raise serious concerns about the company's reliability and trustworthiness, making it a questionable choice for potential travelers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Pilgrim Tours & Travel contacts