Vons Supermarkettreatment while shopping in one of your stores

A Jul 31, 2018 Review updated:

Store 1970
Dir Terry Haisten
Phone number: [protected]
8540 W Desert Inn Road
Las Vegas, NV 89117
July 31st, 2018
4:55pm

The level of embarrassment I felt going into your store after having surgery and utilizing the motorized cart was plenty in itself. But to be silently queued by two of your employees who were clearly judging my using it because they took it upon themselves to judge my condition, and to further be approached by Cory, and told that if someone who (verbatim) "Actually needs the cart, so you will have to get off of it if someone else comes in with a disability" is beyond my comprehension of embarrassment. I have been a Vons member since I was 17 years old, I am now 33 and have never, I repeat, never, have been so disrespected, and judged by anyone without any hesitation than I was today. Cory did not bother to ask how my day was, if I was okay, what my ailment was, it was specifically to judge my appearance as I was wearing (comfortable, just had surgery clothing, and a backwards cap) and make the assumption that I was (verbatim) "using the cart just for fun". So Cory, and whatever employee that she was making non-verbal judgements to, were two that I could see that prejudged me and embarrassed me for absolutely no reason. So when I finished my shopping, and proceeded to the cashier, Tammy, couldn't demonstrate more of a lack of customer service than the supervisor, Cory. No hello, no anything, I had to ask her what my total was as she literally tossed my groceries into bags without any form of care for the items that I struggled to gather. I have been in the Food and Beverage industry for 17 years, and I again, have never experienced or have caused anyone to experience this level of unabashed, blatant...prejudice. I shop at this Vons because it is less than a mile from my house. I am speechless at the treatment that I personally experienced and I honestly don't know what I would want the resolution to be. It was uncalled for and unnecessary, and I am frankly disappointed. I understand that there are people that use the carts without need, but I am not one of those people and to be so quickly judged, and embarrassed in a store of people without cause is uncalled for and frankly disgusting.

• SubSquirrel Jul 31, 2018

Those carts are for people who are disabled. Did you explain that you just had surgery? The first people to use them have a disability and a card saying so. They have priority over people who can walk. But each store has their own rules. My mother uses one on occasion due to spinal issues. She’s never been stopped or questioned but has a handicapped license plate. I’ve never seen rules in any store. Fortunately, I don’t have to use one.