Vodacomcontinues harassment from vodacom attorneys

A few years ago my wife was a Vodacom Platinum account holder which entiteld her to a yearly cell phone upgrade & for 2 years or so she had no problem with Vodacom account & with an average R3-R5 k per month.

While on Holiday some time back, we landed up with a huge bill for the month of December (we were on Holiday & Vodacom suppoosedly sent a sms advising of potential abuse to a 3g modem. Go figure?). We challanged this in writing requesting more info on how this came about but to no avail and needless to say got no assistance from Vodacom, forget the fact that the abuse took place whilst we were away on Holiday & for 2 weeks.
We were not in a finacial position to pay the account of R12-000, our contract was then cancelled and the then appointed attorneys Hammond Pole Attorneys started making contact - Letters, emails & hundreds of sms & dealing with thier call centre was an abolute nightmare. We paid several thousand to Hammond Pole. We also requested they send us a detialed breakdown of how the R45 -000 came to be, copies of the Vodacom contract and terms. Well, needless to say they did not respond.

In 2010 without Vodacom informing us they appointed VVM attonies in Guateng.
VVM attornies were not advised that Hammond Pole had been representing Vodacom prior, had no information of the monies already paid and demanded payment arrangments on the R45-000??? Since VVM has taken over the account we receive calls weekly from several different call centre agents (do they not write things down!!!) having to tell them the same thing over & over again, the continues sms's and hundreds of calls weekly is surely tantamount to harassment in terms of section 75 of the new act. We have been offered up to 60% discount on the outstanding debt which still sits at R45 000???
We have managed to obtain the payment recon from Hammond pole and have forwarded thier contact detials onto VVM attornies who did absolutely nothing with the info presented to them - they have stated they have never received any such email or recon from Hammond Pole which was sent to them last on the 8th August 2010. Again today, I received a call from Lexmee who also stated they have never received any info from us and Hammond Pole, yet I have confirmed with a call centre agent several weeks that they have copies of the email on record, where is it now in the system?
Lexmee - I tried to get hold of you several times today on the number you gave, spent more than hour on the phone, called both the call centre and reception in an attempt to trace you. Was put through to the 4th floor and then the 2nd floor & even though I asked for your direct line.
I am at my wits end dealing with appointed Vodacom attornies VVM who continuely harass us!!!
We have now contacted the Law Society and making a formal complaint in this regard in the hope that this matter will now get the attention it desrves...

• Ju
    Juare Jun 03, 2016

I use vodacom modem to access the internet, now because to use the modem to get on the internet we have to purchase bundles with our airtime money, but as soon after i’ve just bought the bundle i need and try to access the internet the server would say that i have ran out of money to use the internet, knowing very well that i’ve just bought my internet bundle and have never used it, i want to know why are they saying i don’t have sufficiant funds to access the internet? Hai! Man please do something about this problem, just the other day i had a problem with the network.

The Vodacom call center service is abominable! If I have to speak to one more incompetent, impatient person unable to converse cohesively in English, I will actually blow my top. No matter what you do or how nice you try to be, these call centre agents just read their awful scripts and parrot away unempathetically – and every single time you have to start your story again, as no one takes responsibility for solving any problems! Uncouth, unmannered, and absolutely UNTRAINED in form of customer service or basic communication skills.

I suggest you conduct a training needs analysis based on the numerous complaints you receive and do something about it. Good grief I’ll even help you do it.

• El
    Elmien Sep 30, 2014

I am having the SAME issue. Harassment. Inflated amounts. ALL due to Vodacom not responding to ANY queries and then suddenly I get contacted by the attorneys??? And payments demanded.

WHAT TO DO???