VizioCustomer service

S

Vizio: Great TV's, Horrible Customer Service, Will Never Buy Again!
Bought a total of 4 Vizio TVs from Costco at the same time. One starting showing multiple colored lines across screen. You have 2 options for returns/repairs. You give them your credit card and they send out a replacement immediately while waiting for you to get their TV. They are just supposed to hold the card in case you don't return the other. Oops, they failed to tell me that if I used a debit card that $450 came out of my account until they received the broken TV and processed. Well this took a grand total of 3 weeks to happen. OK a mistake, no big deal. Same TV broke again with same issue 6 months later. No biggie, maybe having issues with this model, other ones I have are great. Called to return again. This time opted for option 2. I return TV, they send out brand new TV this time, no credit card. Called in beginning Of Dec 2011 and opened up case and asked for return box and R/A. One week, went by, two weeks, three weeks, still no box. Gave benefit of the doubt. Xmas time must be busy. Called right after Xmas. Box had not been sent. Couldn't tell me why and would call me back. No call back. Called 3 days later was given same answer. Called 2 days later still no answer and would call me back. Called 3 times in one week and was promised a call back that I never received. Oh by the way, it has now been 5 weeks since I was told a box would be sent to me. I demanded that a tv now be sent to me and I would return their TV once I got theirs without a credit card since they had epically failed on getting me this box in a timely manner. I was told on the 4Th call in a week now that a supervisor would now get involved and would call me and that my request seemed reasonable. Guess what, no call. Shocker. But I did get an email telling me a box has been shipped out now almost 7 weeks later. An email auto response. Not a phone call. Again I called and said this is unacceptable and again they refused. Told them I would never buy another TV from them because of their horrible customer service. They were polite but didn't seem to care even after I said I was going to post to the most popular sites and tell everyone I know not to buy. Here it is Feb. 1st 2012 and I am still without a TV. Called yesterday and they said it should ship today. One more week of shipping time and will have been almost 9 weeks to replace this TV. If it even gets here. I didn't care that it was the second repair that it needed in 6 months. It happens, things break. It's what happens after there is an issue that shows the true character and integrity of a company. As promised I am posting this to the most popular consumer advocate sites and have sent this to Costco as well. Beware guys and gals. Love the TVs hate the service.

• Ve
    verydisappointed2 Jun 22, 2010

Vizio has the absolute worst customer service. The guy I talked to was actually yelling at me. He told me " You listen to me, the team manager cancelled your request and she is very efficient so that is exactly what you asked her to do." She told me the box had already been sent but it would take 24 to 48 hours to get the UPS tracking #. Does that sound a bit strange or what? I was really frustrated after several weeks of a run around and then 3 hours on the phone being passed from person to person so I admit I was not the most polite customer. This guy was so rude that he called back 15 minutes later and apologized for his behavior. I have to admit that was pretty cool but honestly there are a lot of people looking for work out there so why does Vizio not hire people who can be polite to customers? We will never buy another product from them. I predict they will not even be around a year from now if they can't get their act together.

• Vi
    Vizio Sucks Jun 27, 2010

Vizio Gallevia LCD 42". Purchased 5/2007.
    Apparently Vizio has a "self-destruct" port that they label "service-port" on their TVs. I accidentally plugged a USB cable into the "service-port" and my TV would not turn back on when powered up. While reading through the manual, there were no warnings whatsoever with regard to the detriment that the accidental utilization of this port will have on your TV. Customer service was useless other than telling me that I just fried my motherboard. I've never heard of anything like this. Who builds a product with that self destructs by a simple insertion of a cable in the wrong port??? LAME!!!After my bad experience with customer service and reading all of these complaints, I will never purchase another Vizio product again.

• Ta
    taireece Feb 11, 2012

I just did the SAME dang thing! I've been going off about WHY they have this port that is USELESS and has, like you said, NO warning about in the manual AND half a sentence even describing it in the manual. USELESS manual and shadey tv company!! I had NO complaints with VIZIO prior to this, having heard all the bad luck people have had and was bragging my has been "perfect" going on 5 years now. But THIS does it for me for GOOD!
    -Tai, WA

• Gr
    gritbob Jul 05, 2012

Having similar problems/issues with them regarding the replacement on my blu-ray player. Going on 7 weeks now without replacement. SUPPOSEDLY it will be in the mail in the next couple of days. We shall see...

• Gs
    GStice Dec 28, 2012

I was given a blu ray dvd player last year as a gift. It really has been used only once in that year. I recently attempted to use it again and the disc tray won't open. I went through their support channel to see what may need to be done. It still won't work and because it is out of warranty and a extended warranty wasn't purchased, I am now out of luck. Wonderful to know that a company like Vizeo backs up its product and that they last. It would have been nice to get two years out of this machine. Not so. I will rethink the purchase of anything Vizeo in the future. FYI, I purchased a 54" flat screen at the same time and I like it. Won't recommend Vizeo in to anyone I know.

• Ta
    Tania Zamora Dec 03, 2015

I bought a 50 inch tv about 6 moths ago and it just stopped working no picture no sound and when i called to see if i could get help it was of no use.They just make you waste your time being on the phone for more then 1 hour and nothing rather pay them $500 to stop calling then to buy another TV Thanks for no use at all dont by vizio products save your self time and money