VitalChek Network Logo

VitalChek Network

Having problems with VitalChek Network?

+1 615 372 6800 (Headquarters)
+1 866 561 1694 (Customer Service)
+1 800 669 8313 (VitalChek Network)
+1 684 633 1406 (American Samoa)
+1 202 485 8300 (Panama Canal Zone)
+1 340 774 9000 (Virgin Islands)
+1 780 427 7013 (Alberta, Canada)
+1 250 952 2681 (British Columbia, Canada)
+1 204 945 3701 (Manitoba, Canada)
+1 506 453 2385 (New Brunswick, Canada)
+1 709 729 3308 (Newfoundland, Canada)
+1 867 777 7400 (Northwest Territories, Canada)
+1 902 424 4381 (Nova Scotia, Canada)
+1 867 645 8002 (Nunavut, Canada)
+1 416 325 8305 (Ontario, Canada)
+1 902 838 0880 (Prince Edward Island, Canada)
+1 418 643 3900 (Québec, Canada)
+1 800 667 7551 (Saskatchewan, Canada)
+1 867 667 5207 (Yukon Territory, Canada)
+44 300 123 1837 (England & Wales)
+44 289 151 3101 (Northern Ireland)
+44 131 535 1314 (Scotland)
PO Box 1703
SatClosed
SunClosed
United States of America

American Samoa
American Samoa Government, Department of Health, Health Information Office, Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799

Guam
Office of Vital Statistics, Government of Guam, 123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, GU 96913

Panama Canal Zone
Department of State, Passport Vital Records Section, 44132 Mercure Cir., PO Box 1213, Sterling, VA 20166-1213

Virgin Islands
• St. Croix, Virgin Islands Department of Health, Vital Statistics, Charles Harwood Memorial Hospital, St. Croix, Virgin Islands 00820
• Virgin Islands Department of Health, Vital Statistics, Knud Hansen Complex, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 00802

Canada
Alberta
Service Alberta, Alberta Registries, Vital Statistics, 3rd floor, 10365 - 97th Street, PO Box 2023, Edmonton, AB T5J 4W7

British Columbia
Vital Statistics Agency, PO Box 9657 STN Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9P3

Manitoba
Vital Statistics Agency, Consumer & Corporate Affairs, 254 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0B6

New Brunswick
Vital Statistics, Service New Brunswick, P.O. Box 1998, Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4

Newfoundland
Vital Statistics, Government Services, 5 Mews Place, P.O. Box 8700, St. John's, NL A1B 4J6

Northwest Territories
Vital Statistics, Department of Health and Social Services, Bag № 9, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

Nova Scotia
Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations, Registrar General Division of Vital Statistics, 1690 Hollis Street, P.O. Box 157, Halifax, NS B3J 2M9

Nunavut
Registrar General of Vital Statistics, Nunavut Health and Social Services, Bag 003RSO Building, Rankin Inlet, NU X0C 0G0

Ontario
Office of Registrar General, Service Ontario, Ministry of Government Services, 189 Red River Road, P.O. Box 4600, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6L8

Prince Edward Island
Vital Statistics, Department of Health and Social Services, 35 Douses Road, P.O. Box 3000, Montague, PE C0A 1R0

Québec
Le Directeur de L'état Civil, Ministère de la Justice, 2535 Boulevard Laurier, Québec, G1V 5C5

Saskatchewan
Vital Statistics Registry, eHealth Saskatchewan, 2130 11th Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 0J5

Yukon Territory
Department of Health and Social Services, 4th Floor - 204 Lambert St., P.O. Box 2703, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6

United Kingdom

England & Wales
Certificate Services Section, General Register Office, PO Box 2, Southport, Merseyside PR8 2HH, England

Northern Ireland
General Registrar Office, Oxford House, 49-55 Chichester Street, Belfast BT1 4HL, Northern Ireland

Scotland
National Records of Scotland, New Registrar House, 3 West Register Street, Edinburgh EH1 3YT, Scotland

Complaints & Reviews

incorrect certificate order

I made an order with vitalcheck. com order number21987767 pin number 552468. I ordered a birth certificate...

nys is lazy

i recieved what i thought was going to be my birth certificate yesterday. instead it was a letter stating that no record was found. glad i paid the 65.00 to have nothing done and no refund.I contacted nys to find out that i needed to contact the village clerk where i was born. After spending 5 mins on the phone with this wonderful woman(village clerk) she said "why yes we have you right here. Now all you need to do is write down your info and mail it to me with a 10.00 check and you will be all set!" Maybe NYS needs to hire me and this town clerk to put forth some effort!!! Called vital check and had refund request put through so we will see what happens...

• So
    soniardguez May 06, 2010

I'd send my information and $52.25 for birth certificate and I received a wrong one and no body cant help me to receive a right one. Now I don't have a job no driver license and no money. I'd try to call but its imposible to get a person to answer the phone.

• So
    soniardguez May 06, 2010

I'd send my information and $52.25 to get my birth certificate and I' receive a wrong one
    Now no body can help me to correct this problem. Because of this I loss my job because I can not get my drivers license. Now I dont have no money, no birth certificate and no job . Thankyou VITALCHECK

[Resolved] non-fulfillment of order

This company is a scam. They have no customer service. They claim to make you wait over 30 minutes or more for any calls to check on orders. But, never answer their phones. You cannot contact them if you have problems with their charges or lack of fulfillment.

We placed an order back in November 2009 and never received the product even though we were charged and paid. They operate on a shoe-string and have terrible customer service and cheat you out of your money. Don't use them.

• VitalChek Network's response · Mar 12, 2010

VitalChek Customer,

We regret that you have been unable to reach our Customer Service for a resolution to your issue.

Please contact me directly at 800-669-8313 Ext: 6879 so that I may assist you.

David Butler
    VitalChek Network

certificate

Sent for Death Certifiate via there web site sent me back a piece of paper that was worth aprox $53.95. They...

[Resolved] very bad service

on january 27th of year 2010, my husband ordered his birth certificate through vitalchek.what a joke!we waited for the 7 to 12 business days and then checked our order.we was then informed that our order had been cancelled.i contacted the vital record office themselves and found out that it wasn't.i e-mailed vitalchek several times with no response and tried to call at least a dozen times with never a answer.we will not do business with vitalchek again

• VitalChek Network's response · Feb 22, 2010

Dear VitalChek Customer,

Please contact me directly using the email address below for a resolution to this issue. Simply put my name (David Butler) in the subject and I will respond promptly.

[email protected]

• VitalChek Network's response · Dec 13, 2011

VitalChek Customer,

Please contact me directly for assistance with your outstanding order. If your document was never sent or there was a delay, we can either refund or cancel the order. I can be reached at 800-669-8313 Ext: 86879

David Butler
    VitalChek Network, Inc.

• St
    Stanley J. Graham Apr 01, 2010

my request was sent toLA County Register on 3/25/10. I sent an e-mail requesting the disposition of my request, and all I received was an e-mail saying that my request was received. My incident # is 100329-000318. How long must I wait to receive my birth cert. It is needed legal puroses. Please respond ASAP. Thank you, Mr. Graham

john t everhart Dec 13, 2011

Its been almost 2 weeks since I used this company an no results. I sent in a request by snail mail an have already gotten my birth certificate. This company is a ripoff will never use again. Buyer beware. John E

john t everhart Dec 14, 2011

After talking to one of their reps I was given a full refund. Thank you David for your help

[Resolved] credit card fraud

On Nov 18, 2009 I ordered a birth certificate through VitalCheck from Hartford, Ct. They charged my credit card $59.95 for this expedited service and told me I would get the certificate within 3-5 business days. I never received it. I made numerous telephone calls to them; speaking to Maria twice, Rosie Lee, and Tina. All of them promised to get back to me but none did. On Jan 8, 2010 I requested a refund but was told that they can only send such a request to their supervisor, telling me they would call back with the supervisor's decision. As before, they refuse to return calls. I believed their website uses deceptive practices; for example, they charged me $20 for the certificate, $7 for agency expedite fee, $12.95 processing fee, $20 for shipping - for a grand total of $59.95. I strongly urge anyone using this business to act with extreme caution. As a senior cititen I was clearly taken advantage off. This business should be shut down or web users should at least be warned of these scams.

• VitalChek Network's response · Jan 11, 2010

Dear VitalChek Customer,

[email protected]

• Tr
    Trunk Monkey Feb 11, 2010

IF this is true, I will sue the S_______ !!! out of this company ...To such a degree that the company will have no choice but to close it's name for good. Never to be spoken of again nor it's practice. I can tell you I do not like the fact that a phone number to a customer service rep. is unavailible. The lack of a phone number does bother me.

[Resolved] paid, but received no certificate

On January 4, 2010, I ordered a birth certificate for my aunt, who is 73 years old. She had a hard time...

[Resolved] fraud

I ordered several birth and death certificates via vitalchek with a credit card, with the understanding that...

no response

Placed order for a death certificate months ago and no response. Called 800 number and got a recording and waited for an hour with no one to talk with. When on went to their website and gave id # and pin #, it showed the numbers expired (No wonder!!)

These are scam artists. Don't believe their advertisements

withholding birth record

I called the WVA Bureau of Vital statistics when I moved from FL to WVA to obtain a certified copy of my birth certificate which I needed to obtain a VA driver's license. I paid $49.00 to have this mailed UPS, and was told WVA would send the copy the day after they received the request. Received a letter from VITALCHEK stating they needed my current driver's license copy mailed to them enlightened 3 times and enlarged 200%. So I went to the library and copied the driver's license 155% (their copier won't enlarge higher), and lightened it 3 times. Vitalcheck wouldn't take this copy as verification of my identity. Keep in mind I could read the copy just fine. I also had to pay for this copy and to have it faxed. Now we are up to about $53.00 in charges. Okay, so I get another letter and automated phone call stating they can't read my copy. So I went to another office supply store and paid more money to have the license lightened 3 times and enlarged 200% again. I also paid for the new fax. Now we are up to about $57.00 in charges. Vitalcheck still refused to release my birth certificate copy saying they couldn't read it. They only illegible thing was the year of the duplicate copy of the driver's license that had been issued. What does that have to do with proving my identity? This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. I have waited over a week for one certified birth certificate copy so I can get a driver's license and job. I even had sent WVA a xerox copy of my birth certificate with the certificiate number on it to expedite this process. What kind of scam is vitalchek running?

• In
    in the dark and cold Mar 08, 2010

Look I ordered a Birth Certificate and was told I needed to fax a request notice, to LA, Co.but was never told a #for this document... Do I just do this on a blank piece of paper or what?
    Ken Brown

Can someone tell me????
    951-553-4848

rip off

They charge a high fee and promise that they will deliver birth certificates and other vital statistic...

no response to non - delivery of birth certificate

I placed an order 6 / 24 for certified copy of my birth certificate - delivery 10 - 12 working days. Tried contacting them thru email - response time 5 working days!!! No way to contact by phone, says live online, cannot access so now way to make contact. I need this birth certificate for passport and trying all the tabs on their site there is no way to get an answer. I will never use this service again nor will i recommend this service to anyone who asks or needs a service. If they cannot provide an address or phone number is this a legitimate company?

howarddd Oct 13, 2009

Vitalchek sucks big time!!!They are incompetent.Why does City records use them?They are the worst.STAY AWAY!

howarddd Oct 13, 2009

STAY AWAY from Vitalcheck!DON"T even think about.They failed us and when we needed a birth certificate which they promised would be early since we paid extra, but no cert.'They tell us it was cancelled by Chicago vital records and they don't know why.NO call.Then we talked to another crazy rep' who told us it was not cancelled.They suck!!!

I mean vitalchek

Jane Ashley Oct 30, 2009

VitalChek received the order for my Birth Certificate on SEPTEMBER 15, 2009. They say they sent it to my state health department on 9/17/09. As of today I have not received my Birth Certificate NOR A RESPONSE TO INQUIRIES!!
    I called and the rep said it had only been 6 days since the order. I read from my receipt the date it was received and she said she must have been looking at the wrong numbers. DUH!!
    She took my number stating that she would call me back with a "status" report. That was a week ago - no call.
    I sent an email with this information. The return email says they will respond in 5 days!! They must have a ton of email complaints if it takes that long to get a response! I would venture to suggest that I'll never get an email either. (Best predictor of future behavior is PAST behavior.)
    I called again October 26, 2009, and got a message that the help number, 866 203-2777 was no longer in use! Are they out of business?
    I suppose I've lost my money to a negligent, dishonest business. Their ads say clients should get Birth Certificates in no more than two weeks. Try six weeks and still nothing!
    What can I do??? To whom can I report this??

• Rt
    RTucker Feb 16, 2011

VitalCheck is a rip off. Do NOT use this service. I will have to cancel my CC because I gave them my number; and they have my vital records. I paid for a death cert and never got one. What I got was a run-around of asking for the same information again and again; I sent it to them and the response I get is to ask for it again. Never use this service. NEVER NEVER NEVER

• Po
    POED1 Mar 31, 2011

Vital Chek is a big scam. Paid 40 dollars for grandfathers birth Cert and got a email stating that they needed more info. I got my mothers birth cert and mine for them and up loaded it. called the rep and he told me that was all they needed. I get another email stating that they could not read my drivers license for the second time. So I called the rep and they said that it is readable. now it is 20 days later and there still is not Cert. I call them and they tell me that it is still processing... SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Po

April 1988, TN

Type of Business:

Searchers of Records

BBB Accreditation:

VitalChek Network, a LexisNexis Company is a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names:

officialtraveldocuments.com
    VitalChek Network, A ChoicePoint Company
    Vitalchek Network, Inc.

[Resolved] paid but got no certificate

Shame on me for not checking on this site first. I sent for my son's birth certificate for passport...

total satisfaction with services

I just utilized the vitalchek online ordering service for a marriage certificate (Two copies) from the state of colorado. The cost was only $3.00 more than ordering directly from the state records repository. I received the product shipped directly from the state records repository in only 3 days from the date of order. Every thing was correct and in order.

I was totally satisfied with the entire process. It was smooth and quick.

I have no relationship whatsoever with the company vitalchek.

service

I am writing this compliment to VitalCheks for helping me in a timely and orderly fashion. I do not know what any of these other people are talking about because I used VitalChek.com to order a Certified Birth Certificate from Kern County on 5/04/09, faxed in a notarized "Sworn Stament" on 5/05/09 (after business hours), they mailed my birth cert. to me on 5/06/09 and recieved my Certified Birth Certificate on Friday 5/08/09... WOOOOOOW!!! That is service!

• Li
    LINDA Jun 12, 2009

WOW HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY YOU TO SAY THAT!!! OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK MY 19.99 AND STUCK IT IN YOUR POCKET.. WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS YOUR SOOOO CALLED HORRAY FOR THIS LYING
    ### COMPANY. VITALCHECK IS A LITTLE WIERD, YES THIS IS MY OPINION

• Ve
    VeryFrustratedInCT Jul 13, 2009

I don't believe this post for a second. Why would anyone log on to a complaint site to post something positive about the service a company advertises as their normal course of business? This was most certainly posted by an employee of the company trying to cover up their fraudulent practices, which in itself is yet ANOTHER FRAUD committed by VitalChek.

• Al
    aliciaf Jul 31, 2009

So you're the one who took my $$$$? What a sweet set up - direct from a state web site! What a scam! Very impressive. How did Vitalcheck get these contracts? Are they contracted? Just wondering.

• Dr
    Dr.Travis Dec 10, 2010

You are a lucky one. Read the google search results on how many people are scammed by this company.

In fact, I just posted my story on this at this site. This stupid company is trying to get my daughter's BC from the wrong county and told me it was my fault and I needed to call them... REALLY?

• What ever you do dont pay for rush delevery, rip ###in off you still want get to 2 wks and that a mabey

poor service

I ordered a birth certificate from the state of illinois on march 23, and paid $19.50 for express shipping. Today is march 27 and I still have not received it. More importantly, it has not even been processed! Vital chek's website does not give a processing time until after the credit card has been charged, and the confirmation e-mail has been sent. They told me that since the processing time of 3-5 business days is in the e-mail, I just have to wait, and there is nothing I can do about it! This company is practicing deceptive advertising tactics which constitutes fraud!

• Ph
    phenella Apr 07, 2009

i ordered my Birth certifate March 22nd, Paid for express shipping, and today April 7th i still have nutting, theres no way to call or contact them only by email, and that will take 7 business days... seriously, there's a reason i got express shipping, so i could have it by a certain date. I'm so angry.
    They made sure they got the payment, there was no delay in that. False Advertising.

• PISS OFF COST. Sep 08, 2010

Vital Chek Network a LexisNexis Company or who ever the are? DIRECT PHONE NUM #: 1-866-842-6765 good luck everybody! :-) I'm pissoff 2 >:-( and demand your money back.

• Co
    Concerned in Vegas Apr 11, 2011

Vital Chek is a total scam. I ordered a birth certificate from the State of Arkansas paid $17.50 was giving a processing time of 7 to 10 business days, order date 03/28/2011. Today (April 11th) 10th business day. However, when I contacted them they informed me that the postal services has an additional 10 days. There is nothing they can do since I didn't get my certificate FedEx. So I decided to contact vital statis in Arkansas according to them they have 4 to 6 weeks just to process your request. Who knows when I will never get the birth certificate for my mother.

online fraud

This company sent my birth certificate, including all my most private info, with Social Security number, to a stranger!! I got a call from a stranger in Oregon (I am in New England), who also ordered a birth certificate from Vitalchek. They got an envelope addressed to them, but with MY certified birth certificate inside. Thank God it went to a decent person, who called my cell phone number, which was with my info inside. They are going to mail it to me. Now, they don't know where their birth certificate is, as they have not received their correct one.

If this info had gotten into the wrong hands, someone could easily steal my identity with it!! It seems pretty ridiculous that I had to get a notarized authorization form sent to the state of CA, proving I was who I am, in order to have the birth certificate issued. And then, it ends up getting sent to a total stranger!

This company should be put out of business!! The internet is full of complaints about them. I only wish I had done my research before using them! DO NOT trust them with your vital, private info!

• Ro
    Ron Mar 03, 2009

• Lu
    Lucnda Mar 03, 2009

March 3 2009
    I ordered a couple of death certificates about 2 and a half weeks ago to be sent from Connecticut to Canada and paid 56.95 total. Our family needs this information as soon as possible for legal purposes. I hope they will be decent and refund me my money or is this the American way...

I got the impression that they were supported by the government agency that issues these documents. If they don't deliver what I paid for I will try to shut them down.

• Ra
    Ralph May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009!
    In good faith I placed an order and my credit card was charged on March 26th. I have been patient and in contact with thier office numerous times. I have yet to receive even a confirmation that the order had been shipped. The claims you they about delivery time are obviously bogus. I have taken a new job but can not start until I have a birth certificate. It is doubtful the position will be held for more than a few more days.

Non Happy Apr 20, 2010

I request a birth certificate to Vital Check and after i was charged they send me more papers to fill out, i believe this is a scam they charge you first and then they drop the bomb that u need to copy paste scan and send them more information. I try to find the phone number to contact them with out luck.
    Really poor service its a shame that the state of Texas referred me to them.
    I'm trying to get my money back and if I'm lucky they won't take it all in hidden fees.

• Vb
    vbarrere Mar 11, 2011

I've seen so many complaints and was concerned about ordering my birth certificate through VitalChek, but I needed it quickly and it seemed okay since the county's site said to use VitalChek to pay with card online. So I took a chance and I am very, very pleased. The site says if you order it through regular mail it takes 7-10 business days but I ordered mine on Monday (3/7/11) and got it today, Friday (3/11/2011) in the mail. I'm not sure what's going on with all these people calling it scam and/or having problems getting certificates through VitalChek but I have absolutely no complaints. Maybe some people are not entering information correctly or something? I don't know and I feel bad for those having problems but, in my opinion, VitalChek is definitley NOT a scam. Good luck!

• Me
    meand u Apr 10, 2011

Son ordered over a month ago. Still no birth certificate despite credit card charge and confirmation. I am reporting to the State Attorney General of Texas

credits owed to me

I ordered a birth and a death certificate from VitalChek - one in late July, one in mid August. I was called by representatives of both municipalities who told me the records were unavailable and that I would be credited. I have never seen a credit for either one - yet my credit card was charged immediately after I placed the orders. I've tried to contact Vital Chek via e-mail (their only method of customer support) and have never heard a response.

I tried calling the two municipalities vital records departments and they inform me that I must speak with Vital Chek to get those credits - but HOW do I speak to someone at Vital Chek? They don't offer that option on their website. Their operation needs to be investigated - seems like something isn't right about the way they do business.

[Resolved] poor service!

On June 8, 2007 I placed an order for an expedited certified copy of a Birth Certificate for travel...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices