Menu
VitalChek Network company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

148 complaints
64 resolved 84 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by VitalChek Network customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of VitalChek Network. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
F
5:01 pm

VitalChek Network - Paid for 2 copies of marriage certs, got nothing and cannot reach customer service

I ordered 2 copies of marriage certificates in early May 2021. They charged full amount up front of more than $110. Then a few days later I received a ups package that contains nothing but a negative statement saying cannot find my record due to incomplete data indexes?! I don't think that's $110's worth so tried to reach their customer service. i had sent 3 emails w/out responses. Then I tried to call them multiple times, but was put on hold forever ( for once i waited almost 40 mins and still couldn't talk to anyone). This is a total scam!

Desired outcome: refund!

A
12:30 pm

VitalChek Network - My birth certificate

I ordered on 3/3/21. Waited 30 business to email them. I was told my info wasn't acknowledged until 3/26/21, & to be patient. Well I waited another month and emailed on 5/9/21 and was told 7 days later that I was in my last week of waiting. Welp still no birth certificate. When I call, I'm on hold 1 hour and the phones hangs up. Iv tried to call 11x. Countless emails and no action has been taken on my behalf. Help!

Desired outcome: I want my birth certificate

Update by Alfreida Casterlow
May 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Don’t do business with vital check. U are not important to them and they only issue automated responses. It’s impossible to call because they don’t answer and it takes 7 days for an email response. I may miss my sons wedding because I can’t get my birth certificate to get my passport. This is so sad and Shame on you #vitalcheck you are terrible

L
11:23 am

VitalChek Network - Wedding certificate/record late

I ordered my Marriage license and Certificate on April 01, 2021 and it sat with the label made at your VitalChek office . The first notification for delivery was set for April 04, 2021 through UPS. I went onto the VitalChek site and entered my Order number-123095120 with pin, and it said it was shipped. I stayed home everyday through the 19th of April. I called UPS and asked about the order numerous times when I did not receive the forms on April 04, 2021 and they kept saying a label was made, but they had NOT received it from VitalChek. The VitalChek website continued to say it was shipped! I called two times and sat on the phone for over an hour both times.
I also sent a couple of emails asking about the order as there was no answer by phone and there was no reply. I finally asked for a refund as I no longer needed the forms, no reply, and I finally received my forms! Nineteen (19) days from day I ordered them!
This is frustrating to your customers.
I paid almost $100 for these 2 forms. The wedding certificate is on plain certificate paper. The certificate of vital records is on government paper stock. Neither has a punched seal.
I paid $2.50 for both through Arapahoe County and they were certified. I got them in two days!)
You Overcharged by a lot! You put both certificates in one UPS envelope and charged me $20 a piece for a total shipping of $40.00 to just mail it! The address of mailing was Cherry Creek in Denver, Colorado. I could have picked up the forms the day you printed them. I am not happy.
I will not be giving your company information out to anyone. You are a scam. My husband is a disabled Veteran and we are on a budget. I was applying for Social Security and needed the forms. I am Very Disappointed and will not use VitalChek again.

Desired outcome: Refund of the Shipping charges for one form of $20.00 as both were put into the same envelope. And a sincere apology for the excessive wait.

E
12:54 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate order

I went to the Santa Clara County Clerk Recorder website to order an official copy of my youngest daughter's birth certificate on 4/5/21. Online ordering directs you to the VitalChek website, which I used to place an order, which I completed and was assigned order #: 123297088. I then submitted a completed, signed, notarized 'Sworn Statement/Verification" document plus a copy of the the front and back of my CA driver's license to the fax number on the form; (408) 280-6611 on April 5 at a UPS store in Gilroy. I received a written confirmation the fax was successfully transmitted. Then on April 13 I received an email stating that I had failed to provide the required 'Sworn Statement/Verification". So, on April 13 I re-faxed the same documents to them at (408) 280-6611 from my home fax. I again received confirmation that the fax was successfully transmitted. I received another email from Vital Chek on 4/20 stating that I had failed to provide the required "Sworn Statement/Verification form' . I submitted an email using their generic Help email form and was assigned case #210420-000645. I have not received a response to my email. There is no one at Vital Chek answering the phones. They have taken my money and failed to follow-up with me in a timely manner, nor have they provided an alternative method to faxing documents in the event that method fails. I have already placed a mail order directly with Santa Clara County Clerk Recorder office because I'm not getting anywhere with VitalChek and I need this birth certificate.

Desired outcome: I want a REFUND of the $54 I paid to VitalChek.

W
6:03 pm

Order Number: 114016371

Hello, I ordered my birth certificate on September 14th 2020 and I have not recieves it. The receipt from Vitacheck is in this email. I need an apostille/ certified birth certificate. My contact information is as follows

William Hector Mendez
Born May 20th 1969
Born in the Bronx, Bronx Municipal Hospital
Mother: Aurea Otero
Father: Guillermo Méndez

My address is 1372 Carmel Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
Phone: 215-287-4433

William Mendez

Desired outcome: receive my birth certificate

7:44 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

I requested a birth certificate for my 6 month old daughter, I submitted all the requested info they needed including the notary paper proofing I am her father and it been 3 weeks they keep saying call us for more details. We keep calling on daily basis and they never reply to any phone and even email they don't reply back, order number 119626098 and my brother died and even I couldn't go to see him because I can't do passport to my daughter without the birth certificate

S
9:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a birth certificate for my late mother, on 28th August but was unable to complete the purchase with credit card online, as apparently daughters have to apply by mail. The order number is 114866775. I sent a cheque with the completed forms on 21st September, together with all my identity documents, as per the instructions on the VitalChek...

K
10:53 am

VitalChek Network - Unethical behavior

Cancelled order and still charged processing fee. What did they process, exactly? Waste of time and money. They take advantage of customers because they have a veritable monopoly on records. Go directly through the government offices, deal with the red tape, it's genuinely easier than dealing with this. Horrible, shady business! I'm astonished the Alaska Bureau of Records recommends them.

2 comments
Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am

Hello Kiana

I have reviewed your claim of unethical behavior on the part of VitalCheck Network. It is standard practice to charge a modest processing fee to support the operation of the systems that are being used when an order is sent. Cancelled orders still use time and resources and therefore have an associated cost.

I hope this clears things up!

Jul 12, 2021 4:53 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

its not a modest fee and you should not charge the card if its not finalized i had not even.got my notary or licence togetherbut you charged me without making sure i still wanted it and you took a month after i was contemplating doing it you guys are pathetic !

T
11:42 am

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate order

I ordered a birth certificate for Cook Co., Chicago, IL, I twice submitted the required clearly legible identification documents (valid driver's lic. & passport) and continually receive replies after this company confirms receipt that they"haven't received underlying documents that comply with the agency's requirements". Company refuses to reply to my repeated inquiries.
1. Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #200709-000408
A member of our support team will get back to you soon. This is the robo-response except there is never a response.
Order #110205379

V
4:18 pm

VitalChek Network - Ordered birth certificate

You have to pay them before the process is finished, which they say is nonrefundable. They make the process seem easy but after you have paid them you receive a message stating that the office of vital statistics requires further identification. The "further identification" they want is the reason a birth certificate was requested so that the "further identification" could be obtained. It's a circle jerk with you being the loser. Don't waste your time with these scammers.

J
10:11 pm

VitalChek Network - Getting a birth certificate

Ordered a pa birth certificate, to receive by usps, (I live in tn) but never received... Got email saying I would receive in 3-7 business days. Called company and all they could say was oh well, I should have paid an extra $28
To have it insured, but I can order it again, and pay again with the additional $28.. I have no proof they did anything to get my birth certificate accept take my money... Funny I never have any problems getting any of my mail but somehow this one item was lost in the mail... What a scam, and the worst part is this is the company I was told was the "only company recommended" at the passport office! They gave me the name and number!
Crooks!

K
3:31 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

Ordered birth cert for grandson in NM. all is fine, checked on certificate for grandaughter in Az. and they took $11.00 out of my account when i did not purchase a certificate, get your cert.from your state vital records not thru vitalcheck they cannot be trusted! They are going to take your money even for information not to be trusted, please take my advise,

D
1:17 am

VitalChek Network - Didn't get my order

Response By Email (Maribel R.) (08/26/2019 03:59 PM)
Dear Customer,

The City of Buffalo Vital Record was not able to locate your certificate, a reference email was sent regards to the issue. This is a number you can call that can further assist you
Customer By CSS Web (Deborah Eagan) (08/24/2019 11:47 PM)
On 7-23-2019 order was placed for Marriage certif. Deborah A.Eagan and Edwin M. Klubek Jr. It is now a month .I have my bank record and it was charged.
Question Reference # 190824-000226
Date Created: 08/24/2019 11:47 PM
Date Last Updated: 08/26/2019 03:59 PM

3:12 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

This company is a joke. I ordered a birth certificate online because I was without a car and needed to obtain the record to get a passport. The website is very vague and does NOT clearly state what their charges and processes are.  So I started the order process and paid about $60 for a birth certificate. A couple days go by, and I get an Email follow up saying I have to print out, sign, and mail in some form. I thought this was supposed to be convenient. Well I didn't have a printer. I tried to find a number to call customer service to ask if there were other options, and found out they don't have do customer service over the phone. You have to Email them. So I Emailed them, and by the time they wrote back, another 5 or 6 days had gone by. Bottom line, there's no alternate way to continue the process. They will require you to print, sign and mail in an extra form. AND included with that form needs to be MORE money, which was not on the website. So in addition to the $60 already spent, they want another $20. Since we were still in the ordering stage, and an actual certificate had not been generated yet, I asked them to cancel the order and refund my money. They refused, and the customer service agent was quite rude about it.

Too expensive, dishonest, shady, crappy attitude and bad business practices. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

A
9:58 pm

VitalChek Network - Birth certificate

I have ordered a birth certificate online about a month ago and I keep on receiving not to reply they had charged me $75 dollars about a month ago and I and still have not received anything they stole my money this company is scamming people for their money please help me with this I'm not rich just trying to do the right thing and this is what I get

N
12:38 pm

VitalChek Network - Marriage certificate.

Twice I sent this company the ID they required by regular mail. They claim to not have recieved it. Sent it by fax. . .they claim to not have recieved it. Sent twice by verified fax. . .they say they can't read it.

The could however charge my credit card.

I have been trying to get a copy of my marriage license lost in hurricane Andrew... since Oct/Nov.

C
7:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was adopted and I have been searching for my birth parents for 40 years. VitalChek assured me that for $40 the would get it for me. When I received it, it was the birth certificate from when my adoption was finalized by my adopted parents on May 27th, 1960, of which I all ready had 4 copies of. I clearly stated and wrote that I wanted my original birth...

D
11:15 am

VitalChek Network - Misled me into placing an order they couldn't fill, won't reimburse

My great-grandfather died in the 1960s in Puerto Rico and PR's rules for who can order a death certificate is that you need to either be immediate family (uh, they're kind-of all dead now), an "heir, " or otherwise have a documented legal right, such as presenting a will or some such thing. To reiterate, these are PR's rules, not VitalChek's.

I called customer service before placing the order to see if I count as an "heir" to my great-grandfather. He's my great-grandfather. The woman said yes, definitely. Great!

I placed the order, and it turns out that I do not count as an "heir" and they can't fill the order, and guess what--they won't reimburse the $9 fee. I agreed to the terms and conditions, they say.

You have got to be KIDDING me. I don't believe that the customer service rep intentionally misled me, I assume that she had her own misunderstanding. It happens. So just refund the fee which your rep should not have led me to submit an order for to begin with.

This is outrageous. (I know it's only nine dollars, but it's the principle of the thing, what is this nonsense?)

S
1:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I agreed to pay Vitalchek 50 something dollars for my son's B certificate. The next day (8/17/18) $124.95 was withdrawn from my account. The two phone numbers attached to the "transaction" just went to answering machines. My bank managers boss traced both these numbers to Vitalchek. My bank disputed these charges and applied the $124.95 to my account. I...

8:23 am

VitalChek Network - Death cert

My Live in Boyfriend of 7 years passed away on 9/15/2018. I tried calling to cancel his Automatic Deposit Pension Benefits from going into our joint checking account and was told I would need to provide a Death Certificate. Oct 2 I called Washoe County at 775-785-6114 as he passed away in Reno and they told me to contact Vital Check as they are all being processed through Vitalchek. Vital check has taken the fees and canceled the order they say because they did not receive my id which I submitted several times.

Update by Mollymac4
Oct 23, 2018 9:11 am

So these are the continuing emails I am receiving but no Death Certificate yet

Update by Mollymac4
Oct 23, 2018 9:09 am

Regarding: Order Number: [protected] / Pin: 962164

For your security and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, please do not share, copy, or otherwise provide your order number and/or pin number to anyone else.

Thank you for your recent request for a vital record. Please read the important message below.

Your scanned/uploaded entitlement documentation has been received. The document(s) will be reviewed within the next 24-48 business hours. If the documentation is not sufficient, we will contact you via e-mail.

For security purposes and for the protection of your personal information, please do not reply to this e-mail. If you require further assistance, please e-mail us by clicking here https://vitalchek-solutions.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/vitalchek_solutions.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?, and referencing your specific question.

Thank you for choosing VitalChek Network.

Sincerely,