Viking MagazineScammed

K

I have read all the complaints about this business on here and now, I am pretty scared! I got a call from Viking Magazine about 2 days ago and I was genuinely interested (they also promised a free 500$ shopping spree if I subscribed), I went through 3 phone calls to subscribe and by the end it sounded like just waaaay to much money for magazines (5 magazines subscriptions for 2yrs for 59$ a month for 6 months or something like that)! On the last call they said it was recorded, and they do have me recorded saying I want the subscription but also that I thought I wouldn't have enough money to pay and i asked if I could cancel at anytime and the lady said yes, then she said that she will suspend my first payment for a month. I then realized today that even though I have a month there is no Way i will be ale to pay it. I then called to cancel and this very grumpy and rude lady said someone would contact me in about two weeks about canceling, That seems too late!!! They haven't charged me anything and I haven't received anything from them but I am terrified that they will start charging my account I do not want to cancel my card but idk what else to expect from this place, and please I know I shouldn't have given them my info in the first place trust me, I have learned my lesson there, but without lecturing me What should I do??? Please Help!!!

• Fo
    Formercallagent Apr 16, 2015

Customer representative named magnolia and supervisor named gary harrassing us to renew and not to cancel. And call my wife chauvinstic pig.

• Th
    TheLookOut Jun 12, 2014

This very same incident happened to me not to long ago and after reading this site I am wondering if I had gotten scammed too. I also entered some kind of sweepstakes so they said and I was told also along with the others that left there comments that they would receive 5 issues of different magazines and over $250 worth of gift cards to different places. I am thinking if I should just cancel my subscription because then I can get a full 2 payments back in a refund. I am here to let anyone else that decides to order stuff through Viking magazine not to go through with the service because it will mess you up big time and really mess you income up also. So to you all I hope the best and next time you want to order stuff from another site beware.

• Ni
    Nitalea7474 Mar 16, 2013

Your company has STOLEN over $300 from my husband/mine account, REFUSING US 2 CANCEL!!! Obviously I'm not the only person you scammed!!! You are being reported 2 the BBB!!! WE are on DISABILITY & cannot pay for subscription & your CSR's ARE VERY RUDE & DEMANDING!!!

• Mi
    Michaelakjwmls622 Aug 14, 2012

I got a call from one of your reps today saying that I was entered into a million dollar sweepstakes and that if i purchase your promotional offer I would receive $250 worth of online gift cards. My girlfriend loves magazines and the rep said that they are only $15.95/month for six magazines of my choice. However, after reading up on it, I don't know that I will go through with it unless I get something in writing stating everything she told me and that yes it is true. ALL of it. Do you have anyway of making that happen? Or should I just stick with purchasing my magazines separately? And am I really in a sweepstakes? Will I really receive the gift cards? Or were the things she said lies to get me interested? Someone just be honest with me please. Otherwise I will contact the BBB and have my name put on your DNC list.

• Dv
    DVDanno Jun 21, 2012

well okay then VM, where the hell is my other 29 dollars when I spoke to Katy wen she said that we clearly cut the deal in half?

• Gi
    Gilkes Apr 20, 2012

what is my status on whats going on with my magazines and i thought i was in a contest to win a prize of some sort i havent heard anything about it, it is the whole reason i got into this mess in the first place and what is my payment plan ?

• Vi
    viking magazine service Dec 18, 2011

if you stay with our service we keep your information for your safety and if you cxl we get rid off it so you dont have to be worried

• Vi
    viking magazine service Dec 18, 2011

hey emma why you trying to get up in everyones buisiness??? you dont know what your talking about all customer are recorded in coversation of you saying yes to all the agreements...and maybe you should of listened to all the agreements b4 saying YES!!! alot of people dont do that ...and plus you gave us your information wich is kept very safely and really we are a great company and have alot of customers that very satisfied...

Marysol14 May 27, 2011

I sent a cancelation paper before the 14 days and they said they didn't receive anything. And when I asked to speak with a manager she said no they have better things to do than to talk to me. She (Jackie Johnson) was rude and a bully. The Viking magazine sales men and women are fakes.

• Em
    EmmaJames11 Sep 09, 2010

Viking Magazine is the servicer for Great American Reader LLC a/k/a Direct Clearing. All are involved in this scam.
    I blame the magazines--they should only take subscriptions directly from the consumer, not a third party.

File a complaint with BBB in MN, and the AG in MN and FL.

This scam needs to be shut down.

Also file a complaint with the FTC, don't give up.

• Th
    Thomas Mckenzie Jan 15, 2010

Got bank card number without my permission will not honor 14 day cancelation in contract will not accept any payment other than bank or credit

• Re
    REBECCA DAMRON Apr 03, 2009

I JUST RECIEVED ANOTHER CALL FROM VIKING. THEY WANT ME TO GO TO WALMART AND GET A RECHARGABLE CREDIT CARD FOR 3 BUCKS JUST TO HAVE IT ON FILE. I'M SORRY THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO. THEN THEY START SCREAMING AT ME FOR NO REASON. OK. ITS ONE OF THOSE YOU SCREAM, I SCREAM SCENARIOS. I AM SO SICK OF THEM. I THINK I'LL CHANGE MY NUMBER AGAIN. SEE IF THEY LIKE THAT.

jasmine biscoe Apr 01, 2009

theres a female by the name of deionne and shes been calling my house being very sexual with my husband and cursing me out i want her fired or im taking the mag to court

• Cc
    Ccwboy Oct 19, 2008

yeah I get their calls too, they call and they don'tt alk, they just called at 8:45 on sunday.. somebody do something

• Je
    jeanette Sep 01, 2008

they cant take no for an answer say your not interested in their magazines and they continue to call you demand to speak to a supervisor they say no i make them anothe anal hole and then they hang up so since they continue to call i call them too and tie up their lines