Videotron Billing-InternetRefusal to credit

J

I disconnected this account on March 3 or so because of very bad customer service from Videotron. I have been billed for this account AFTER I disconnected it. I called and in fact I am on the call now. I have been with this issue for at least 1.5 hours.

My understanding is that Videotron has acknowledged that the account was disconnected (Ben 118191) and that there was ZERO usage on the account from March 3 to July 28 (Denis 083628). But I still have not received any confirmation that my balance is now zero.

Denis 083628 told me that he would note my file that there was ZERO BYTES transferred during the time in question. He told me this, but did not do it because Ben 118191 said there are no such notes made. This is serious misconduct.

They put me on infinite hold and bouncing from department to department with no answers.

• Ha
    Had-Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oct 02, 2018

Can we give them ZERO star?

Warning and advice to Videtron customers who want to cancel their account. Before doing so, make sure you change your auto payment/auto bill pay at least one billing cycle and be sure you will need to pay manually before you cancel.

They will hold the money they owe you indefinitely. We cancelled our account BEFORE the billing cycle ended and should never have been charged in the first place. Isn't this illegal? Billing you for service you do not have?

We cancelled over the phone in August 2018.
    We dropped off all of the equipment at the Videotron store previous to this, cancelling IN-STORE, then following up 3 days later to ensure cancellation.
    We were invoiced/charged for service AFTER this, 2 WEEKS AFTER we cancelled, before the new billing cycle.

ISN'T THIS ILLEGAL?

We have called several times and were told a month ago that there is a delay of 2 weeks and they see us in the system for the Credit to us. That they were "overwhelmed" with credits. Do you wonder why?

It has now been TWO FULL MONTHS since cancelling and nothing.

Class action suit?