Vidal Sassoon Curling Iron Model Vs121Electrical Cord Failed

This curling iron is just over two months old and the electrical cord has completely broken where it meets the reinforcement rubber ribs before going into the handle. This happened while I was using it. It caused a second degree electrical burn on my hand (that includes the blister). The circuit breaker popped and prevented a worse injury or fire. My carpet just outside my bathroom door was nearly burnt when the iron fell on the floor.

Electrical Cord Failed

• Sh
    shaunclark Aug 15, 2011

Curling iron replacement springs can be purchased here: www.curlingironreplacementsprings.com

• Dr
    drshawn Feb 19, 2010

Same thing just happened to us. We bought this curling iron back in November 2009. My wife uses it almost everyday. She plugged it in the morning before work and Kaboom. She was electricuted. Her hand was completely black. Sparks flew across the entire bathroom. This is the 3rd day, my wifes hand is still burning and hurting. She went to ER today to have them look at it. They couldn't find anything from the outside, but did say its and inner electrical burn and will take time to heal. The cord blew completely off. Tripped the breaker, just like the above comment. This could of been a lot worse. I am very upset and would like to take this to the next level.

• Ca
    Camela Apr 28, 2009

I purchased a Vidal Sassoon curling Iron Model VS121 from Wal-Mart a little over a month ago and the spring has poped out.