Victoria's Secretstore at tuttle mall, dublin, ohio

Buyers Beware. I have shopped at Victoria's Secret for years. I know what I am looking for and I have worn the same sizes for over 15 years. As I am shopping the sales associate asked if she could assist. I asked her nicely, no. I know what I want and know my sizes. I grabbed size 34B bra and panties size Small. As I continue shopping the associate actually states that I should buy a bra in size 32 ! I was shocked in disbelief !!! It was not only insulting but I felt discrimination and judgement. I had a sweater and coat on, so again, it was very very insulting! I felt harrassed. I later went into the Body Bath store to ask for a GM name and number. They gave me a 20 percent discount coupon and another associate that works for same store, actually laughed at my complaint. Obviously the Limited Stores do not hire professionals? I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and disgust from immature and not trained employees. I will be pursuing an attorney for this matter. DO NOT GO TO TUTTLE MALL !!!

• Me
    melevin8 Feb 05, 2011

Really? Pursuing legal action over what? The fact she was stating her opinon which she does for a living? Give me a break.

• ErinSadler Feb 05, 2011

An attorney??? Its a fact that almost 60% of American women do not wear the right bra size. Sounds to me like the associate was simply trying to see if you had ever been properly sized and thought maybe you would be suprised by the fit of a bra one size down. I have never heard of a woman being insulted or feeling discriminated against for someone assuming they were a size smaller in anything! Thats usually a compliment. Get over it, with all the problems in the world your cause of choice is bra discrimination? lol

Taylors Speeder Feb 05, 2011

She thought your ribcage was smaller, not your breasts. Take a chill pill, she was complimenting you. Now if she said that you might want to try a 34 A, then you have every right to be upset.

Cynthia Swartz Feb 05, 2011

Sorry to say that it is more customer service than anything... when a customer comes into a store and asks the associates that she does NOT need help, ...then respect that request! They do not know what has happened to you that day and respect the request. Customers could be entering a store right AFTER visiting a cancer hospital, or a funeral, or just received terrible news! Get over the BS. Associates should not harrass customers and that is the bottom line. If a customer comes into a store and wants her privacy to buy a bra at any size, then associates should respect that and leave customers alone instead of judging someone's personal purchase. Lets see and they make $$$ per hour? Especially when a cusotmer comes into a store that makes over $250K per year and knows exactly what she wants! And any associate that is being paid on the job should NOT laugh at a customer with his $8 per hour job. It is very very unprofessional.

Cynthia Swartz Feb 05, 2011

Hello! I agree with the complaint. No associate in a Limited Store should ever harrass a customer. To your disbelief, the customer is always right as long as you are working on the clock in their store!!! Regardless of how ridiculous a comment is from a customer, no associate should JUDGE a customer. If a customer comes in to purchase a bra size in a 38 double D, then respect her decision unless she ASKS for assistance. I have heard these comments before from The Limited Stores. They should train associates a lot better than what I hear. They are only paid a low hourly rate but they should more than anything respect customers and their decisions in all purchases unless they ask for assistance. It does not sound like customer wanted assistance and sounds like she was being judged and harrassed. Shame on The Limited Stores for hiring such unprofessional employees!

Cynthia Swartz Feb 05, 2011

Lastly, anyone can file a complain for harrassment, discrimination, or anything they feel that has caused hardship in a public place! Rule of thumb: if you are WORKING ON THE JOB then do the job !! Customers walk into stores and are present to PURCHASE! That is retail sales!

Wow!
    I have to side with the customer and say that her privacy to shop should been respected. It sounds like she walked into a store and requested no assistance.
    I have been that customer, and agree that associates should respect her answer, no. It sounds like she wanted nothing from associates, and just wanted to purchase a bra and panties in sizes she felt comfortable.
    Shame on the Victoria's Secret Store for not seeing and respecting a customer's simple request! Regardless of how silly a customer may act or react, the associates involved should respect a customer's privacy, decisions, and answer of saying no thank you.
    I would do the same thing and consider a lawsuit if she was harrassed. It is not a bad decision.

www.columbuslawyerfinder.com

If this should assist in the matter customer.

Candice Rogers Feb 05, 2011

Goodluck to person that complained. this is the first step to resolving a problem that happens too often.
    90% of complainers do nothing. You are 10 percent winning!

Rhonda Duncan Feb 05, 2011

To the above comment saying complain is ridiculous:

No complaint is ridiculous! If a customer, person, anyone is upset at a service, they have a right to complain for whatever reason they choose. Were you involved? No. Any consumer has the right to complain and voice his/her thoughts and complain if they feel something was wrong. I applaud anyone for complaining and writing a complaint. Most consumers do nothing and nothing is resolved. This board is a great sounding board to notify the awareness of actions. The store also lost business with a voice that will probably tell another 10 people in the area and another 10, and another 10, etc. Chain Reaction and word gets out fast! Victoria's Secret should be notified fast because customers will start heading to Easton instead with the mannerism at Dublin. Retail sales sucks but associates should respect customers. It sounds like an associate disregarded a customer's request to not bother her while shopping in the store, and for whatever reason, she left store upset at an associate's action in bothering her. I would personally be upset if I asked for no assistance to only be judged at a size that is no business of an associate. It only becomes an associate's business when a customer requests help. End of story.

chocolateluva Feb 05, 2011

"this complaint is riduculous" I AGREE!!! first off, she was COMPLEMENTING YOU, NOT COMPLAINING TO YOU!!! second off, YOU GOT INSULTED???? SHAME ON YOU!!!

Rhonda Duncan Feb 05, 2011

Immodest - unless you are a therapist and work in a health-related industry, you have no business making those statements. Like a prior statement above, the customer may have been in your store after a funeral or something else and you have no idea why she asked for her privacy! I would be very careful especially if you are not the same race as the girl that entered your store. She has a right to file a complaint WITH discrimination charges too. People that work in any industry that involves people need to be very careful. Customers are why they have their jobs.

Rhonda Duncan Feb 05, 2011

Any person at any time may file a complaint. Unless you are the person filing complaint you have no idea what happened, unless you were also present at the store. I am glad this post is gaining attention. Good for the person that complained !! A++++++++++++++++ to you! Obviously the customer was not given any respect when she said "no thank you". That is what I read. I have been that customer. When you say "no thank you" it really does mean: NO THANK YOU! I was buying panties at another store and an associate tried pursuading me to buy LARGE size instead of MEDIUM size. So I totally get this posting.

Rhonda Duncan Feb 05, 2011

LMAO. Thank goodness I am not in retail. =)

Actually I am white =)

Rhonda Duncan Feb 05, 2011

What is that saying? Someone's panties got ... funny. Have a nice day everyone!

• St
    Stacy Frederick Feb 05, 2011

Someone seems upset on here. Ouch. Sounds like both Rhonda and Brenda have issues.

Regardless I applaud anyone that makes a complaint. Sounds like someone's privacy in shopping was violated and that was the primary concern in the Victoria's Secret store.

It doesn't sound like a bra size was the problems. The girl probably entered store and didn't want to be bothered (like most of us sometimes) and the customer was probably just upset at the associate not respecting her request while she was shopping.

We all live busy worlds and most important our words should be recognized especially when buying products that are sensitive for any reason.

Grow up both of you, and I applaud the girl complaining. Hopefully the awareness to "listen" to customers will be at the next Victoria's Secret training meeting.

Lindsey Powell Feb 06, 2011

People read the complaint - the customer was ignored when she said no thanks.

Does anyone have an education to understand this simple request in customer service and retail sales????

I have been that customer and appreciate my privacy. It was probably not the bra or size, it was probably the ignorance of the associate not recognizing a simple request of privacy while a customer wants to shop alone. Everyone has been there when they just want to shop without assistance.

Lindsey Powell Feb 06, 2011

Just re-read the complaint. It is really not stupid and it must have upset the customer enough to complain on a public board. I am sure she has moved on because there is nothing more from her on this board but it is a shame that no one recognizes a simple request for privacy. I am sure if she was shopping for dishes it would have resulted in the same frustration in a red dish or something. Pretty harsh comments and completely shocked at what people can say on this board.

Lindsey Powell Feb 06, 2011

No retail sales associate should laugh at a customer, regardless. I used to work with a cosmetic company as regional sales manager and I would have fired my employee for that behavior in store.

Taylors Speeder Feb 07, 2011

Cynthia speaks the words of a feminist, but she made a comment that is sexist towards women. Sounds to me like she is a hypocrit. She's all women's rights this and that, but then she said "rule of thumb". In the 1800 it was legal for men to beat thier wife with a stick no wider than thier thumb. So if they broke the rules, they got beat with a stick as wide as a man's thumb. Hence "rule of thumb" was born. BUT, what kind of damage can you do with a stick that's as wide as a thumb? It should be "rule of wrist", LMAO. THEN I would be having some fun. I'd break the rules all the time! Beat me baby, BEAT ME! Oh, did I say that out loud? Sorry...

Taylors Speeder Feb 07, 2011

Naw the stick broke :"( But now an Oak stick, THAT might be strong enough...hhhmmmmm...

thisisaustin4 Feb 11, 2011

Yup, the prior comment is being spoken like the true master of NASTY ATTITUDE. That person sure knows what they're talking abount, finally.

thisisaustin4 Feb 11, 2011

Wow, one half of they d*ke duo is back...sorry, I don't troll. I PATROLL. You post alot of comments here to, B. You don't have a life, poor thing.

thisisaustin4 Feb 11, 2011

you kids have fun now, no fighting.

let us know if you ever grow up and can act mature.

thisisaustin4 Feb 11, 2011

Sure, I'm only a kid. I work for the U S Courts. And they hire kids, according to old wise one, SP.

• So
    SoapSpork Feb 13, 2011

I dont even understand this complaint. How is suggesting a 32 (smaller than a 34 around the BAND not the CUP) an insult?

• De
    devil_boy903 Feb 15, 2011

I to have had Morequity since approx. 2003. I have called and told them my payment would be late and they simply asked me to try and get it in by the end of the month.

Ana Warner Feb 15, 2011

Hello internet world. This is very weird. This complaint (I think) is about me! I was in the store a few weeks ago and was upset in store. I was looking for panties and browsing thru bras and left the store upset. I later went to Starbucks and talked to a girl that I am sure made this complaint. ??? this is very odd to me! I told her that I just returned from Victorias upset because I was diagnosed with a heart dysfunction and going into that store made things worst. I didn't expect to read about this online until my sister told me someone else complained about the same thing as me around same time frame. Weird! I never exchanged #'s with that girl, so I assume she wrote this complaint and ACTED like me ??? Strange. Very Strange. The only difference - I am not hiring any attorney nor was this mentioned in conversation. I was upset but not THIS upset. I walked out of store upset but I was over this situation the minute I drank a cup of coffee. hmmmmmmmmmmmm? The only thing I agree with this situation is that I just wish retail clerks would just appreciate someone's request to leave them alone in any store if they tell a clerk to leave them alone while shopping. That was my only complaint. I go to other stores all the time and ask for my privacy and clerks leave me alone. I know the girl (she was african american and a petite size cute little girl) was only trying to help me out and I wasn't in the mood for any conversation at time. Anyways, I am glad that I read this. Someone actually wrote about me on a board and acted like me? Very strange.

Anonymous

Ana Warner Feb 15, 2011

I am wondering if the girl that made complaint is trying to get someone in trouble? She must work at the mall maybe?? I read the complaint and it sounds so wrong. I remember telling her my sizes (laughing) and then I told her that the Body and Bath store gave me a 20 percent coupon while someone was laughing. Wow, what nerve that someone made up this complaint to make me look like a bad person with anger and ignorance (with attorney). This is really insane to read. I am sure this was me and someone actually made a false claim acting like myself. I just can't see how the two stories are this much alike (except for attorney). If I ever see that girl again, I am going to ask her what her inspiration is to write this about me?

• Il
    Ileen69 Feb 16, 2011

Haha man you customers can never be satisfied, sorry for trying to give you a better fitting bra. i think after 15 years your body has changed somewhat. This is a ridiculous complaint. AN ATTORNEY?? for what he will also laugh in your face! HAHA discriminating? against what? you dont make any sense whatsoever! You went to bath and body works? well yeh of course they wont give you the number for the GM of victoria's secret ITs A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORE they dont know it! why didnt you have the balls to tells the manager at VS right then and there? No, limited brands does not hire professional they hire college students who only get paid $7.25 an hour they they could care less if you think they are professional or not.

thisisaustin4 Feb 17, 2011

hey mica1755: Re being a janitor.

Well, sure, if that's what you want to hear: I am a U S employee janitor earning a GS-11 Step V pay. Whatever turns you on, bubba.

• Ju
    jules4 Feb 21, 2011

Oh- this has GOT to be a joke. Harrassed because the VS associate was doing her job? Since you've been a VS customer for SO long, you most certainly know that one of their duties is to fit their customers with the proper bra. Did you possibly ask why she suggested the different size? Maybe the structure of that bra has changed recently (which has happened to me before) and the fit might be different for you now. No? Oh- you just jumped to conclusions. While I will agree that the other associate's laughter was completely unprofessional (she should have waited until you were out of earshot-as I would have), this is just another example of our silly, super-sensitive society being overly litigious. I hope you do pay for a lawyer- and then the court charges you with filing a frivilous lawsuit.

• Lu
    Lulu15 Mar 25, 2011

This is soooo familiar to me! I have worn VS bras for close to 20 years. So 10 days ago I went back in for some new ones. I asked for Very Sexy 36 A as I had on. The associate said it was no available in store. So I went in to be re-fitted! Not a problem...or so I thought! The associate put me in Body by Victoria 34 C. How does that happen? Anyhow, I never had a problem before so I took the bra and went home. As I tried on and left on for a few minutes I started to feel a burning sensation. I quickly understood that there was a problem. Too tight of course. Went back in, got re-measured and went home with BBV 36C . When did I grew those I don't know...LOL I tried one for a few hours and was in physical pain still too tight and also around the side of the armpit was on fire. Last night I made a decision to return the both. So I agree with the sister that she knew what she wanted and need no help. She saved herself a lot of grief. As far as harassment I say it is extreme, annoyed absolutely! Attorney? Not a chance. I am getting ready to take our school district to court as my son suffered traumatic bilateral dislocation due to the negligence of the teacher and unprovoked assault by another student. The school refuses to let us use their insurance for our medical expenses. So yes...attorney only if you have a good case. The associate did not continue to harass multiple times.

• Sc
    Scratch me May 25, 2011

I have shopped at Victoria's Secret for years. In the past few years, the quality of the under garments has deteriorated. I have panties that I purchased back in the early 90's and they are still good and not ragged. The quality is good that's why. The quality of the cotton that is used for under garments now is poor. The under pant's elastic unravels, the bras make me itch really bad. The bras cause me to scratch very bad around my breast area. I have even started to get black spots that start out like sores under my breast and then leave a black spot where it appeared. I know it's from the bras because they only appear around my breast area and arm pits where the bra is in contact. Sometime they appear on my back where the bra is. I scratch myself crazy when I take the bra off. Since I now realize it's the bra, I will not be wearing them anymore. I know it's not detergent because i always use fragrance and dye free liquid detergents because of my known allergies. When i wear other brand bras, this does not happen. This has just started to occur in the last year of wearing their bras and I think it's time for a change. Bye Victoria's Secret...the secret is out! You used to be my girl!!!

• Su
    SusanNJ74 Oct 26, 2011

Pursuing an attorney because the woman was doing her job, and you simply didn't like what she had to say? Seriously? Apparently you have no clue, whatsoever, what real harassment is.
    This is beyond ridiculous and just goes to prove how people have become so SUE CRAZY.
    Do yourself a favor - get your head checked, instead. Sounds like you've got some personal issues going on in there.