Menu

Verizon review: Plan change

S
Author of the complaint
12:15 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently "Upgraded" to a new plan, with "unlimited" data, at a slightly higher price, and was induced to auto pay through my bank. What I wasn't told was that I would lose my personal hotspot with this change. I rely on that hotspot because I live in a remote area.
I contacted customer support, via chat. That is when I found out about losing the hotspot. Was told that adding a hotspot would cost me even more. I could pay more or go back to the old plan. I opted to go back to the old plan, and complained about Verizon's devious practices etc. The power was out where I was, and support chat couldn't get me through that process. I asked for a copy of the chat, but? never got it.
I tried to go back to my old plan online, both through the Verizon website and their app. The only options are to add services or lines. I tried several times to call customer service with no one available. I have now been on hold with customer service, listening to their awful music, for 2 1/2 hours. Obviously no one is going to pick up and help me so I am researching complaint options, and, of course, other cell providers. That's looking most promising now.

More Verizon complaints & reviews

Verizon - failure to waive early termination fee
Verizon - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year
Verizon - fraudulent practices
Verizon - regarding common customer complaints
0 comments