Complaints & Reviews

Resolved verizon is trying to collect on a contract I did not sign for

Verizon Wireless Account Number: [protected]

Amount in Dispute: $414.10

To Whom It May Concern:

For over 3 years, since the death of my wife and the mother of my two young children (Austin 9 and Hayley 6) Verizon Wireless has harassed me and ruined my credit. They are demanding payment of $414.10; saying that they have a signed contract, by me. I know for a fact that I never signed a contract with Verizon on the date in question ' ever!

I have made over 20 attempts in writing, via fax and by telephone, for over 3 years, to obtain a copy of the contract stating I owe them $414.10. This matter would have been resolve if they would simply provide me a copy of the signed contract. I have contacted the Credit Bureau who all referred me back to Verizon.

The reason they will not provide me a copy is, in fact, on July 20, 1998 (The date that Verizon says I signed a contract with them) I was living in California and my wife was living in Tennessee (The contract was signed in Tennessee). On this date, I was living in CA waiting for my company to relocate me to TN. Please note that my original agreement was with GTE in California which was apparently acquired by Verizon.

After my wife's death, I paid off all of my creditors, sold my house in order to downsize so I could be close to my children during this difficult time. I even paid the Verizon account that was associated with my phone number [protected]. Interestingly, they said that there wasn't any signed contract with this account that was transferred over from GTE to Verizon in a business deal.

Interestingly, the account in question for $414.10, that Verizon says has my signature on it, is associated ONLY with telephone number [protected] which was my deceased wife's phone. This phone was also originally with GTE prior to moving to TN.

I am not and will not pay for this alleged contract without proof that it is my signature. Verizon has significantly complicated this issue by insisting I have a contract with them and failing to provide me a copy of the contract. This could have been taken care of 3 years ago.

This matter has gotten completely out of control. I can't get a loan for a new car, or buy a house because Verizon has ruined my credit.

Please assist me in removing these inaccurate 'derogatory' credit reports, resolving this contract issue so I can simply pay off this obligation, if appropriate, so our family can get on with our new life.

• Vz
    VZW Customer Oct 05, 2010

Verizon wireless has a way of manipulating whatever conversation you have with them and turning it agaainst you (the customer) Join our fight again VZ W

http://www.verizonnetworkextender.com/ Sign our petition! Thanks

• Da
    dave1987 Dec 10, 2010

hello my name is David I am in the U.S. Marine Corps for the past 4 years of my life. I had a contract with Verizon in 2006 and in the end of 2007 I receieved military orders for over sea's. I went into a verizon branch with orders and ID and faxed the main office all information. In the end of 2009 I returned and began a new contract with AT&T. I was told by verizon in 2007 my contract was canceled and I had waived the early term. fee. but this year I received a phone call from a debt collect agency saying I owe them money for a debt from verizon. I contacted verizon and the debt collectors and still have no bill of what I am paying for. other than a paper that stays the total bill is 337.36. I have no idea what its for and without this proof I will not pay them anything until further proof is in my hands. Verizon says they can not give me such paper work because they sold my debt to the agency and the agency says they dont have anything but the total of 337.36. But for what is my question. Still no answer to this.

terrible service!

I am a subscriber to Verizon FIOS service for internet, LAN phone, cell phone and TV. Just recently, we had...

poor service and failure to follow up with complaint made on more than on occasion!

Our system which includes TV, DVR, Phone and Modem has not been functioning to an acceptable capacity for over a month. We have spent a lot of time on the phone trying to trouble shoot, have been disconnected from the person, line on numerous occasions. We still do not have a technician out and servicing us. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE.

WE ALSO FORMALLY REQUESTED A REBATE FOR THE PAST MONTH OF THIS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE. I am again calling them this evening 1/10/08, so far I was disconnected once and on hold for the past 20 minutes listening to Christmas music.

• St
    steve Apr 22, 2008

To anyone thinking about fios:
    I have had Verizon fios for two years now with several problems. The first problem was with the router. I had to manually update the IP renew address every two days. This was a problem because I travel a lot and my wife does not know a lot about computers.

Before fios switched to the Norton security system Verizon had a Computer Associates based product with Yahoo that caused errors every time I booted up my computer; I had to boot up twice to recover. I tried to explain the error code to several of the techs but they didn’t know that Computer Associates was involved, Yahoo didn’t either. I lived with this problem until Verizon switched systems.

The next thing that happed was a lighten bolt over the top of my house. The Verizon installer ran a cat 5 cable from the fios box around the outside of my house, about 50 feet. The cable absorbed the electricity from the bolt and shorted out the Verizon router, an Xbox 360, Vonage router, an all in one jet printer and the Ethernet on my desk top. Verizon replaced the router but nothing else; it was quite expensive for me. The new wireless router was not compatible with windows Vista my note book will not connect. This was starting to aggravate me.

The final slap in the face; my credit card expired. Only the expiration date changed. 3 months after the expiration of the credit card; Verizon turns off the service with out any notice of any kind. In doing so my computer would not boot up any more. The Verizon package I had had software they took off my computer. I had to reformat the hard drive and lost every thing. I spent 3 hours talking to 4 different people the tech support was the only one who was of any help (excellent tech). The 3 others were supervisors all of them told me different things. One said I was in a promotion and should have been switched after the first year, which is not what I was told in the beginning. I was told the price would not change as long as I had the service.

The second supervisor told me they e-mailed me of the credit card problem, which was also not true.
    The third one Deidre (I finally asked for a name) told me they did not have an e-mail address for me. Also not true Verizon set one up when I signed up with fios. Verizon had me over a barrel, I was leaving town and could not leave my family without a phone or access to the internet for school and video chat with me at night. We signed up for another year at a much higher price, lower speed, with out any Norton security system or Verizon e-mail.

I would like to know what happen. I excused everything up in till now as a new technology, growing pains for Verizon. Is this going to be Verizon’s outlook from now on? My latest issue with Verizon reminds me of Comcast. I have not had cable for 16 years because of their service; automated operators, rude techs, over charging, and the list goes on. Although I have heard they have changed with Verizon in the market; or not. I lived with dial up before and I can do it again.

• Tr
    Truthone Aug 06, 2012

Verizon military criminals continue to stalk residential building supers offering them $2, 000.00 per month for their cancer, radiation sickness, cell transmitters and repeaters seen within feet of bedroom windows all over the ny tri-state area. Multitudes of these deadly, leaking, obsolete wired by alarms to their bases if unplugged or removed death units, have killed the elderly, and cause 24/7 brown burns, hair, and vision loss, nausea, and death. When will these be removed off of residential buildings for our health safety? Does anyone care that each of these transmit 10 miles, listen, and see you, report you to subhuman authorities, and cause haarp weather earthquakes?

identy theft

This collection agency is robbing millions of people and harassing innocent citizens and is there someone in...

bad customer service

The Verizon Fios business is run by amateurs. I was scheduled for an installation today between 8 AM and 12 PM. I waited all day and never received a phone call. I checked the status of my installation on the web and it always said pending but scheduled for today. At 2:00 PM I tried calling and was put on hold and disconnected twice. On the third try and after a long hold time I got a living person who put me through to dispatch who told me the installer was hung up on another job but that the guy would call me when he was headed my way. 6:30 PM and no phone call. I called their robotic help line which told me that since I have indicated that today no longer works for me I must reschedule. I never indicated anything of the sort. Like most people I work for a living and cannot make my schedule revolve around these clowns. Comcast bad as they are NEVER treated me this way. At this point I say to all Cable customers, Verizon with their FIOS service definately ain't an upgrade. Keep your cable.

Jay Lech Jan 21, 2008

I too tried to have Verizon Fios installed today and same exact thing, the installer showed up at 4:40PM for a 8 to 12 noon appointment. Guess I didnt ask noon which day, I had left home by that time and I called twice and was promised both times the installer would be here shortly. They never called me to say he was going to be late. This is unacceptable, I guess I will see how many times they call to reschedule and maybe keep making appointments when I am not home and see if that drives them nuts. If they dont care about me now I doubt they are going to start after I sign a two year commitment.

• Ju
    justin t Jan 30, 2008

Verizon Fios! What a joke! I have been a happy dishnetwork customer for 3 years.... but they do not have on demand. So a month ago I thought all of my dreams had come true and that I would finally get a crapload of channels plus on demand for less than the $5million a month comcast charges for all of the premiums. Well I ordered my service the 3rd week of december. They couldn't get me in until Jan 26th between the hours of 8am and 5pm (very convenient for a saturday I might add). They arrived at about 4pm... The install went great... or so I thought...

That night I attempted to access Showtime On Demand so i could get caught up on season two of Dexter... it said i wasn't a subscriber.... i told myself it must take a while to activate the on demand..... ( i was able to view all of the actual showtime channels)

Sunday night I called up tech support (45 minute hold time).... I spoke with a nice guy who said that I must pay an extra fee for the premiums on demand even if I already subscribe to the premiums... however, billing isn't open on weekends. I must call back on monday...

Monday morning before work... i give them a call and speak with billing (25 minute hold time) the person i speak with states that I am all set up for video on demand; however, I must speak with tech support as they may need to update my system... so he transfers me... after 30 minutes of holding... i had to hang up because I was already late for work.

Monday night I called and spoke with Tech Support ( 45 minute wait) the person I spoke with stated that tech support doesn't handle on demand... there is a special Video On Demand Specialist who would need to help me out... so he puts me on hold for about 15 minutes... apologizes and says everything will be ok within 24 hours...

Tuesday.. nothing.. i gave them the benefit of the doubt...

Wednesday morning I wake up.... nothing... try calling but after holding for 20 minutes I decided I better not be late for work again. (no point in getting fired if there isn't anything good on tv anyway)

So I called this afternoon to cancel my service... I spoke with a retention specialist.... he says... if I can get this resolved for you in 10-15 minutes... and find a way of compensating you would you stay with verizon. I said sure...

He did a great job... kudos to him... it took a little over an hour he was working with a Video On Demand Specialist.... they said they would update the system and It would take 30 minutes to 4 hours to update. He cut my first bill in half and discounted my bill $5 a month for a year... I agreed and disconnected....

Not realizing that the TV in the living room now says (No Connection)

Well it's been 6 hours... the TV still isn't working.. (I of course checked the connection) the other tv IS working ... however, i still don't have access to on demand.....

The whole time I have been typing this complaint I have been on hold waiting to speak with a tech support person.....

Emails don't work either... I have sent several... You don't even receive an auto response!

yours truly...
    A Dish Network Customer for Life!

re-issued my account!

My issue is with Verizon Broadband Internet and FiOS. I have been a Verizon DSL customer since 2004. My...

1 comment New Kensington Telemarketing

terrible experience!

I have been with Verizon since 1999. When It started out, it was fine. Two, three years later it wasn't fine, but was usable.
However, in the last six months, their service and customer service (I use the term very loosely) has deteriorated to such a point that I sometimes long for dial-up. It was explained to me that I needed a new modem. One was sent in October; it lasted three months. Tonight, while trying to re-set the modem, passwords, etc., it died.

Latency is just part of the problem. I have watched e-mail messages on their server through Mail Washer completely disappear. One such was an invitation to participate in a focus group that could have paid as much as $300. I was NOT pleased!

When I call "tech support," I am almost always routed to India, where someone reads from a script and cannot answer nine tenths of the questions I ask... or even fully understand them. One patronizing little @#$! I spoke to tonight asked how old I was and said "you do very well for someone in your age group." I thanked him and said perhaps that's because I received CompTia A+ certification seven years ago and overall, have nearly fifteen years working with PC's. Older does NOT mean stupid. Now, here's the punchline:

I am writing this on a connection that technically, does not exist. I pulled the old DSL modem out of the drawer, did not change the password (I can't) and I'm getting the best speed I've gotten in months! I imagine someone from sysops will close it down. By then, I hope to be with cable... what I SHOULD have done in the first place.

awful phone support

In my entore life, Ihave never recieved such poor service. When you call they tranfer you and the your are dissconnected. For the last month I have had major problems with my service or features not being turned on.

I have never waited less than 1 hour on hold in order to speak to a live person. Amazing!!! and when you finally get through you are tranferred or disonnected. Once I recieve my free Sharp TV, I am going back to my cable company. Optonline has the very best customer service im sorry I left. They even agree to pay the termination fee with Verizon to get me back. Optonline Cablevision is by far the best for service.

With optonline I have never waited on hold for more than 5 miniutes.

Sorry about my spelling but I am very aggrivated!!! Don't get me wrong Version Fios is awsome way better than cable....when it works. Serive sucks!!!1

• Ke
    Keith Dec 20, 2007

You can add this to your archive

First of all, the service worked great and I didn't have any problems... until...

When I originally got the service hooked up, I had long distance turned on. I RARELY use my home phone for long distance. I use my cell phone. The first bill I got from Verizon had a 2 dollar sur charge because I DIDN'T use my long distance enough. Called them and said let me get this straight your charging me for NOT making any long distance calls.....yes that's correct sir in order to cover the cost as a carrier you have to make so many long distance calls. I had them turn it off completely so I had no long distance service. No problems...yet.

At the beginning of November, November 1st to be exact, I called them to turn my long distance back on because my cell phone doesn't work that well at the house since I'm in a valley. I also signed up for their 3 for 33 deal which is the same as Comcast. NOW the fun began. It took me 5 phone calls to Verizon to get them to turn on my long distance service. They did not have to come to the house, I didn't need any additional equipment, just enable my ID on the router as I was told by one of the customer service reps. After every phone call I was told...everything set it will be on by 5 PM that evening. Went home.....and it wasn't on every time. I even had a phone message at home saying to call...they had a problem that needed resolved before they could hook up my long distance. I had the customer service Rep listen to the message and he said "That's not true.....I am looking at your account and everything is set.....there is no issue....it will be on by 5PM tomorrow....it WASN'T ON!" The 4th phone call I unloaded the "f" bomb on the customer service rep and she hung up on me. :-) By the 5th phone call and 2 weeks later I had long distance.....whew that was easy. Not to mention that EVERY time you call it takes 10 minutes to go through their automated BS before you can actually talk to a real person. I tried to circumvent the system many ways but was not successful....had to go through that every time.

Ok, that was brutal. So while on the phone the5th time, I had already decided I'm going back to Comcast due to the fact that I wondered how long it would've taken them to fix a REAL problem if I had one. While on the phone I asked them how many days I had to decide to accept the service before I would be bound to the 2 year contract.....answer 30 days. So on December 12th I called them and said I want to disconnect all my service with Verizon (phone, internet, and TV). The 1st Rep, "Your account shows that there's a $200 disconnect fee." Response "No, not true, you have been sending me emails to accept your bundle package and I NEVER accepted the package plus I was told I had 30 days to decide to accept the service." "I'm sorry Sir I don't know who told you that by they were wrong." "I need to speak to a supervisor." Put on hold for an extended amount of time and got a supervisor. She started into the same spiel. She said that the acceptance emails that I got were for the bundle discount, not the service. The clock starts ticking when they hook up my service. Told her that I was told I had 30 days to accept and even if that's true, they hooked up my service November 14 and today is December 12th....less than 30 days. Response "Oh your correct." This ORDEAL took 1 HOUR and 52 MINUTES on the phone! I surely was not hanging up and going through the 10 minute automated BS again to talk to a person.

The Supervisor set it up so that my data and TV service would be disconnected the 14th so I wouldn't have to pay the two hundred disconnect fee. I wanted to transfer my number so she left that active but assured me that this would not mean that I would have to pay the $200 disconnect fee. It would be disconnected automatically when it is transfered over to Comcast. I also informed her that my cell phone was bundled in with this service and make sure NOT to turn off my cell phone. "Oh I'm glad you told me that I'll make sure they don't disconnect your cell phone." GLAD I TOLD YOU THAT.....YOU'RE looking straight at my account....can't you see that!!

The only thing that happened quick and on-time with Verizon was the disconnect! It was turned off at 4AM on the 14th.

I called Comcast, got the service I wanted (TV,Phone,and internet), and set up the install within 15 minutes for the 19th... their 1st available time... between 1 and 5. The technician showed up at exactly 1, and was done by 1:30... everything installed and working.

• Uc
    UCantBeSerious Dec 20, 2007

I have only had FiOS for less than 24 hours now & Im already extremely disappointed... Well, furious would be a better way to put it but nothing and I mean NOTHING is worse than COMCAST!! Nothing!!

Anyways, as of today I am able to make phone calls but not receive them. I have already dedicated well over a total of 48 hours on the phone with Verizon since the 7th of Dec, the day I first called for service. Whatever happened to calling a company for service & thats it? With Verizon there is a 12 part series. U call in, they tell u that its complete & there is nothing more U need to do on your end, but then start calling you over and over leaving messages saying "This is Verizon, I am just calling to tell u that the 3rd party verification was complete along with the FCC guidelines & regulations, there is nothing more U need to do. So please, call us back ASAP @ 1-888 etc etc etc!! When I call that number back, I am forced into a system that doesnt recognize voice commands but numbers on the keypad either & once it FINALLY understands you, after 25 minutes inside there, it then transfers U to a "representative", the music comes on for half a minute and then the recording comes back and says "We're sorry, but this call cannot be handled at this time, please call us back....Thank You'. This happened 4 times!! Then they call me back, leave me a message this time saying these exact words..."Ma'am, there is nothing else U need to do on your end accept call us back @ 1-888 to verify the verification"....

Huh?
    Unreal!! U cant be serious!! Verify the verification!! I am not trying to get a blood test done here folks!! I am not trying to get a freaking 7 million dollar loan here!! All I want is ###ing phone service for Christ sakes!!! The come out and are here from 3:30 pm until 11:15 at night!! Ridiculous and there arent done!! I cannnot receive ALL my calls, only make them. I can receive "some" calls & I got this twit on the phone now, she is supposed to be a "Supervisor" & she said "Well, I thought U werent able to receive calls, because she put me on hold, told me she was checking on repairs, & she called me and she did in fact beep in so she addressed the situation when I answered like I had been "lying" about receiving phone calls even though I told her earlier on that I was able to receive calls from my friend Marcus, but nobody else. She then said "Well Ma'am in the beginning of the conversation U said U was able to receive calls etc etc etc blah blah blah...She spent more & focused in on whether or not I wa being truthfull about my complaint than she did the actual complaint. I will be dammed if I do business with a company who treats their customers like this!! These reps seem to forget that its our money that provides them with a paycheck!! Without us customers, U dont have a job to go to!! Verizon doesnt exsist without customers!!! They are so unprofessional and rude!! Now, after her cutting me off in mid-sentence when I started to replay she said "Dont U interrupt me" but its perfectly ok for them to interrupt me? So then she said "Well I say here and listened to U go on and and on and on for 20 minutes, doing nothing but complaining" & I said "Well Maam, U are so rude & unprofessional its reps like you that make us customers so upset & take our business elsewhere".....She replied "Whatever"...

Whatever? You're at work & you can afford to say "whatever" is a smarmy smart ### tone? Wow. These Verizon reps are absolutly fearless. They are NOT worried about being reprimanded & they are clearly not worried about consequences because they sure can talk to anyway they see fit. So far, I have been calling & on the phone with them now totaling over 2 hours. The phone has disconnected us 3 times. Like other customers, I regret switching.

I hope this helps other people in the future who are thinking about switching over to Verizon, DONT DO IT!!! Your patience will be tested!! U will end up in the nut house.

• Tr
    Trish Holloway Jan 07, 2008

Stay away from Verizon bundles, especially if they come with DirecTV! Our original order and subsequent bills are never correct or accurate or the same as our initial order stated they would be. Calls to get it straightened out seem to make things worse, Verizon sales says call billing, billing says call DirecTV, and round and round we go, monthly! Now our bill is $100 more than it should be! Maybe the FTC can help!

Chris Jan 09, 2008

I have had the exact same issue. I have spent multiple times calling Verizon to attempt to get my FIOS service transferred to the new location I am moving to.

I, as well, spend an average of 2+ hours on hold, and when I do get hold of someone they either A) Disconnect me; or B) Place me on hold for another 1+ hour, or never return.

I have spent the past 13 days attempting to contact Verizon and received absolutely no support. This is the most pathetic support I have ever experienced!

I am a support technician myself for a major corporate IT team, and I know at times we have customers that get frustrated over support, because they wait 15 minutes. But this is absolutely unacceptable!

Not only do they have issues with support, but when I call and give them my number they say "We can't find this account" - Because I do not have a land line and registered my cell as a contact ID. They can take my money, but when I call to make a change they can't find me.

Regardless to say, I finally decided enough was enough and pulled a few strings through my district staff to find the president of operations for the service in my area and gave him a nice call to discuss this. Regardless in 24 hours I had a resolve.

I explained to them that no one, absolutely no one, should go through this and be required to perform a direct line call to operations management. Though the individual I contacted was very helpful and quick to resolve the issue, not everyone has such connections and shouldn't have to.

The fact that they make it so hard to upgrade an account, and move it to a new location shows they must not care to keep their customer base.

The FIOS service itself is absolutely incredible.. the staff and support is awful.

• Mm
    mm Jan 11, 2008

very very bad service

• Uo
    uotani.arisa Jan 16, 2008

I've been dealing with Verizon FIOS Billing for the past 3 months. They charged me supposedly for an unreturned router that I returned on 10/30/2007. I have the receipt right here. I've called and verified with them that they have the receipt over there, but I have yet to see a refund. I must have made at least 50 phone calls (no exaggeration). Only 10 of them made it through to a customer service rep, and I'd say the average wait time before I could speak to one was 30 minutes. I've been told 3 times that a manager would call me back, 2 of which I received no further contact, and 1 of which was another lower level rep that said that her manager wouldn't speaker to me. Each rep has always refuted the information from the rep that I spoke to before, and because there is no paper trail for me (as a FIOS data-only customer, I'm not entitled to have anything written down in paper and mailed to me), a rep can say whatever he/she wants and not have to worry about being accountable for it later. I've supposedly had a credit given to me twice, but each time I call back and say that I haven't received it yet, I'm told that there is no note of it. It's ridiculous.

I've resorted to disputing the charge with my credit card company. Hopefully, they'll have a better chance at getting this resolved.

• Ed
    ED Jan 31, 2008

VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!!! Whatever products or services they offer are not worth dealing with this Company. When I first ordered the service, certain features, such as the video on demand, were never turned on, even th ough it was free and included with my service. It is impossible to get through - it can take up to 30 minutes or more to get through to someone, and their voice answering system is awful!!! It took me over 3 months to get this resolved. (When I did, they gave me a $90 credit which was OK). It took me several calls of over 1/2 hr each to order DVR. My router broke, after only being 1 yr old. They misrepresented the shipping time to me, they promised it for overnight and it came 3 days later. That took about 2 hours on the phone to resolve - several different calls. Their prices are also much higher than Cablevision - and higher than was represented to me when I ordered their service. And then they keep increasing prices. I have had Cablevision all my life and never had any problems with customer service or price increases. I so regret changing. They do have superior childrens programing and that is the only reason I am keeping it for now (I have 2 small children) but I will be switching back eventually. If you are very patient with voicemail systems, and have nothing better to do then keep calling them over and over to wrangle though voice answering systems that lead to nowhere and then cut you off - for 1-2 hours per issue (and there wi ll be issues!), and you dont mind constant price increases and faulty equipment, and you dont use email (their email stinks too, it is terrible!!!) then go ahead and order it.

• Ha
    happiness Aug 07, 2009

I agree completely. I have dealt with their stupidity for 4months. Got the bundle for 99.95. Guess what no extras 199.57 a month. Big difference. It's ###. Trying to straighten my bills out. Can't through to a human being. Every button you press sends you somewhere else.

• Ka
    katiepin53 May 11, 2011

And they charged me said I ordered the Playboy channel and I would never do that. Said it came from my remote made me pay for it. I also gave up their DVR sent it back as soon as the shipping label came and they charged me another month. they never answer the phone and often hang up on me. We should all get a class action suite .

cancellation of services!

I switched my phone and Internet services from Verizon to Comcast because Comcast offered three services (including cable) at one low price. I have been trying to disconnect my DSL service from Verizon for over a week now. Everytime I called last week, I got a message saying that 'all agents are currently busy, please hang up and call back later'. I finally got thru todayat 10: 29 AM. After going thru their menu and telling them that I wanted to cancel my services, they told me that the next available agent will speak to me and put me on hold with some music playing. It is now 12:23 AM (almost 2 hours later) and I am still on hold listening to that monotonous music.

• Cl
    Clifton Sothoron Feb 15, 2008

I disconnected from Verizon DSL for the same reason in January. I'm also located near Woodbridge Virginia. I've been trying for over a month to get them to disconnect. Multiple emails, phone calls and a letter have all failed. The disconnect number is ALWAYS jammed.
    Verizon DSL customer service is a disaster.

• Mi
    Michael May 21, 2008

I too am having trouble with Verizon DSL in that I get a red "Internet" light everyday. This means I have to call into Verizon EVERYDAY and get a temp password to make this damn modem work. And when I say EVERYDAY, I mean everyday now since April 27, 2008. I have been told several times that a network specialist is working on the problem. Just today I got a ticket number for this extremely frustrating problem. I had one associate say that "it has been fixed, you will no longer have this problem", well I DID 2 DAYS later!!! [email protected]#K You Verizon!!! I'll either switch carriers here in another couple of days, or I'm going to put my fist into the monitor and my foot into the PC tower----much rather it be with Verizon though.

• Gu
    GusPalen Oct 20, 2009

I cancelled Verizon services the very next day. Still got charged. For four months now, I had credits to my account except for a charge of 62.69 that was sent to a collection agency for I don't know what. I have spent hours and hours trying to resolve this situation with no luck. My last phone call lasted 97m 46s until I couldn't take it any longer and hung up. I spoke to countless reps. and supervisors like Ms. Kinebrew who had me talking in circles. I never had services with Verizon. I cancelled the next day or the day after. Regardless, they are charging me for cancellling a service that they say the connected outside. I have not one single phone jack in my apartment. Not one!!! I have the Optimum Triple Play! Could someone, anyone, please tell me why I'm being charged a cancellation fee for a service I never had or used and is now in a collection agency ruining my credit! What part of I never used your service do they not understand?! If anyone know how I can sue this company or what's to join in 'something or anything, ' please for the love of god please contact me at [email protected] Something needs to be done!

• Do
    Doug in Indiana Mar 03, 2010

I went through the Verizon nonsense when they jacked up the bill and we found Comcast offered the same package for much less. This was 2 years ago. The phone and TV service canceled just fine but the DSL continued to be available over my Comcast line(same number). I went to the local Verizon office and told them to stop billing DSL. Every month for 5 or 6 months I went to the same office. Several times they assured me that it was terminated and the bills would stop. Once someone at the counter told me that I had to cancel with their Internet provider, but she did not know where to contact them. I tried the 800 number but obviously found only mouth-breathers since they were no help at all. Finally I ignored the continuing bills because I could not find anyone who knew what the problem was. Six months later the bills stopped coming so I assumed that they had finally figured it out.

Last week I received a letter from 'Enhanced Recovery Corporation' demanding $222.60. I called them and received a poor response from 'Michael', not the archangel. So they have a letter demanding cessation of this collection. This corporation is so incompetent. They are advertising a new help number 1-800-VERIZON whose operation was devised by Rube Goldberg. You will still not get through to a coherent individual.

trying to collect what I do not owe!

I ordered a wireless card for my laptop from Verizon. It came and would not work on my laptop. I returned it...

bill for old account

I changed my number with Alltel because I moved from VA to NC. They told me I had to open a new account and that the old account was paid in full. Little did I know, as I made my payment on time every month for my new account, that I had been billed $179 on my old account. The bills were going to my old address. I did not receive one phone call from alltel during this time. Five months later, a collection from Alltel shows up on my credit report. I call Alltel and get them to change my old account balance back to zero, but that does not help the fact that my credit score dropped 100 points becuase of their mistake! Now they are telling me there is nothing they can do for me. They won't give me a credit on my bill or waive the early termination fee. Alltel screwed my credit up but they won't do anything for me! Their mistake is going to end up costing me thousands of dollars when I buy a house but they can't even waive my $300 early termination fee! Customer service doesn't care and is not willing to help. Me and my whole immediate family will be switching from Alltel when contracts run out.

• Sm
    smc Feb 21, 2008

OMG... the exact same thing happened to me when I moved from NM to TX. I am now begining to prepare to buy a house. I checked my credit report and found 3 separate bad debts listed from Alltel. I have only had 1 account with them ever in my life. When I called the collection company that represents Alltel, they could not tell me anything about them except for the balances listed. They were $129.56, $1246.70, and $576.80. Not only that, but the account for $1246.70 had been listed on my Equifax report two times. The collection agency then billed me for $1433.70 and $663.32. After finally getting in touch with an Alltel rep, she told me that the bill for $576.80 was from 1996. I had never even heard of Alltel until 2005. The statute of limitations runs out at 4-6 years depending on the state it originated from. How is this account able to continue to show to be collectable? How is an account over 7 years old still able to be listed on my credit report? I still have been unsuccessful in getting an itemized statement from either Alltel or their collection company Afni. I have been told by the collection company Afni, that it is my responsibility to prove that I do not owe on these accounts. This is indeed an impossible request. I don't know about most of you, but I do not just walk into businesses and say, "I know I don't have an account with you, but just incase you may try to claim that I have a bad debt with your company, may I get an invoice showing a zero balance so I may prove in the future that I do not owe you anything?"

• Me
    mellowde Jul 20, 2008

Alltel uses extortion to gain financially once it has you in their system. They make up charges you don't owe, etc and harass you with repeated phone calls from voice mail systems, collection agencies and bogus credit reporting in order to suck the money out of your wallet. After receiving numerous harassing phone calls this weekend from their machine, one before hours on Saturday morning, I was fed up enough to look up the CEO's address/phone number to call him to see if he liked the same treatment. Scott T Ford of 22311 Highway 10, Little Rock, Arkansas 72223-4449, phone number (501) 868-7277 was not too pleased to receive several from me telling him about his harassment to me. I recommend you phone him personally and let him know what he's done to you. And anyone else who has just cause for grievance should also consider said same.

• Ki
    Kim Sep 13, 2008

I have dealt with Alltel for more than 8 years. I decided to change service because my husband gets a discount at everywhere except Alltel. Now I receive a bill that claims I owe $200 in termination fees on each line. When I call them they claim that I made a verbal contract with them at the beginning of 2007. I know nothing about this, so I told the guy that he could either have the charges reversed or turn it over to collection. I have paid you on time for 8 years, I will not pay you for a supposed agreement that I didn't sign for. The phone number for the above poster will certainly come in handy for me...Thanks!

Resolved unfair billing practices

I receive an e-bill each month from verizon for my residential telephone service. my bank notifies me that...

I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc

It is 10:15 am Thursday, November 15th 2007. I should be at work right now, but instead I am at home on the...

Resolved verizon sucks!

I had DSL service for my office. I closed the office and cancelled phone and DSL. Next month I get a bill for DSL, I call waited about 10 minutes fighting with the voice activated machine and was informed that I had to cancel DSL through another department. I asked to speak with his supervisor, he refused, I asked repeatedly and said he was writing all the nasty things I was calling him on "my file" he then hung up on me. I recently had to order phone service for my home. I placed an order online where I was asked for my social security number, which reluctantly I provided. I got an email saying I had to call in to confirm my ID. I called waited about 10 minutes and I was asked for my social security number and date of birth and then asked to fax a copy of my drivers' license from both sides. Which I reluctantly did. I was given a phone number to call which. I called and waited 10 minutes before a rude live person answered. She asked for my private information and then informed the order had been lost, but that she could take my order now. She asked for my name. I gave her my name. She then typed something in and then asked for my name again. I hung up. That is the problem with monopolies.

• El
    Elizabeth Wilkinson Jul 23, 2007

I live in Lyndon, VT, and I've had had Verizon DSL for almost a year and have had terrible service. My connection is unreliable; it comes and goes and is often down for hours or days at a time. My upload speed will crawl to a halt for no apparent reason. My upload speed is routinely about 1/3 as fast as Verizon promised (128 kbps is what is in their contract.) Tech support is useless. They connect me to PC support even though I've asked for Mac support, then I have to wait on hold again, and listen to the same infuriating message: that I can got online and get many of my questions answered. If I could get online, I wouldn't be on hold for tech support, listening to the same infuriating message! The tech people never can find anything wrong; they always say the line is fine, the bandwidth is fine, the server is fine, and that there is something wrong inside my house. I had a technician come to my home and check everything and he could find nothing wrong. But still, my connection breaks routinely, when I do have a connection the upload speed is often 30kbps instead of the promised 128 kbps, and tech support asks the same questions about my jacks (which have been tested and are fine) and the cable connecting the modem to the jack (which is new and has been replaced several times just to be sure.) There is nothing wrong with my wiring, but there is definitely something very wrong with Verizon's DSL service, and their tech support. Verizon is not delivering the service they promised, they are wasting my time, and I would like someone to do something about it. This is fraud, and it should be investigated.

Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Wilkinson

John Dec 20, 2007

That was fraud. Check your credit report.

• Ss
    SS1698 Jun 29, 2011

Verizon DSL service had consient DSL outages last time out for 3 days called india got people that could not fix the problem no local service switched to comcast. Do not use Verizon DSL

Resolved verizon is a fraud!

Verizon - Residential
www22.verizon.com/residential/

I had someone stay at my house for a two month period because he was having his own problems. He asked me if he could put in a new phone line so he could work (he is a telemarketer) and I said I don't care, but I don't want it in my name.

This Saturday, I got a bill in my name for his phone line, it hadn't been paid since it was installed. I don't know how it was put in my name since he doesn't have any of my information.

I called Verizon's fraud department, and after wasting an hour on the phone, I was informed that it isn't a case of fraud because they can't see why someone would do that. Myself, I have a good standing account with Verizon for 4 years, and someone puts a new line on my account without any type of authorization, and they blame me.

She refused to help any further, and referred me to Verizon's billing department, that referred me back to Fraud.

She told me that anyone can add another line to anyone's account, and there isn't any authorization. Furthermore, if anyone puts an account under my name, I am responsible.

I'm going to continue to get this account deleted, but I'm going to get my lawyer involved soon.

• Lo
    Lowell P. Strader Apr 04, 2008

1. We have spent 2-1/2 (two & half) hours between the telephone, reaching Customer Service and Internet, trying to connect to the appropriate service, in order to inform that we wish to disconnect our line AS OF APRIL 18, 2008

2. Even the e-mail services froze our PC’s when trying to send an e-mail with our data.

3. This is very UNFORTUNATE that, we, customers have to go through such troubles instead of facilitating our time and effort.

4. This is not WHAT AMERICA is for. AMERICA equal services because it was created people oriented not trouble oriented.

5. We would very much appreciate YOU CANCELL our TEL. SERVICE for No. 703-370-0253 - AS OF APRIL 18, 2008

PS. We feel very sorry for all those Senior Citizens who have no one who can help them. God bless America !!!

Lowell P. Strader

Jack Gordon Nov 13, 2008

You have the most inefficient service to customers that I have ever encountered.

No matter whether I am trying to get a phone number, ask about a bill, understand your comments on a variety of your services, etc. they are all incompetent and a waste of time!

bait and switch

On August 29, 2007, I ordered Fios over the phone. I wanted internet and television service. I was never...

collection of debt.

I received a collection notice from Afni Inc. acquired from Verizon Florida Inc. They stated I owed $466.65 for disconnected phone [protected]. I have never had service with Verizon. I have lived at this location since 1974 and had AT&T and Bellsouth for My telephone service the entire time and the service is in my husbands name. This is a fraud and not my debt.

bad company alert advertising scam

Hello There. This is David Messenger of Truth.

The truth is that Verizon Yellow Pages and IdearcMedia etc. are 2 companies that have conducted business with me in an unprofessional manner.

I am advertising in their verizon yellow pages in Miami, Florida, and I have many issues with them ranging from artwork mistakes, no artwork proof given before they print book, internet campaign I had with them was not done right. They just don't seems to care about their customers at all. They just seem to care about money.

After they get your money, they forget about you. My rep given to me by they company "Christeannette Urban" #100245 is a rep who really working at IdearcMedia Verizon Yellow Pages for a pay check Only. When it come to taken care of customers, she really does not care just like the company she works for. Her supervisor Roslyn Parker is really there for a pay check. She does not care about fixing problems at all .

I have been doing business with verizon yellow pages for 2 ½ years with no problems. Now that I have a problem I have tried to fix it, and I called every phone number that I can find for their company. I spoke to many different people on their company from New York to Texas, Saint Petersburg, Hollywood Florida, to Jacksonville Florida and the list goes on and on. I just get transfered from one place to another no one knows how to help me or give me info to resolve my problems. I just keep getting transferred or giving a phone number to call etc.

Finally, I get to IdearcMedia Headquarters in Texas after a month and many hours of trying to figure out who can help me . Finally, I got somewhere somewhat but not one hundred percent till I sent a letter to their main headquarters in Texas, then I got a call from Mary Lee Atom who seemed to be the only one in their company who can help me. she said she will help me but after another month of talking, we still got nowhere. They don't seem to be considerate of the situation.

I have gone though which has cost me to date. $200,000 in lost revenue due to their lack of caring poor decisions ,poor responsive time to resolve issues, poor system in place to resolve issues, and the list goes on and on. This page was made to warn people in doing business with this bad company. IdearcMedia and Verizon yellow pages. you can add your complaints to this page so the truth can be told and heard.

• Ly
    Lynn Jones Feb 11, 2008

Thought you might be interested to hear that we have just filed a formal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission against Idearc and their Customer no-service company. Our attorney says all complaints need to be filed with the P.U.C.

Morbrook Institute
    A nonprofit agency

• Pu
    pullout1 Feb 13, 2008

no customer service, I signed on with Verizon in 2006, all the works, cards,magizine,superpages phone book. I am a small business owner with very little capitol, the advertising has cost me over $12000.00 to date and have gotten nothing in return. I signed on at office in levittown,Pa my rep Patrica Teaman & her boss
    questioned how is was going to be able to handle all the work I was going to get from advertising with verizon/Idearc. Note:I have only paid them a few thousand at this point & they have the collections people on me know, Why pay for something that dosent work !!!! and was told would have great results. I have attempted to reach people at Idearc in Pa & Texas. Spoke to some woman, dont recall her name & I explained my situation, she didnt care..Do I have any recourse?
    thanks
    jeff

• Ju
    Justin Seine Nov 19, 2008

Verizon = Overhead: Just look at their TV ADs. They want you to see their team working 24/7 for you, I see a bunch of do-nothings doing what they do best "NOTHING". Pure NVAC (No Value Added Cost) overhead.
    I just got three sets of Verizon phone books tossed into my driveway. I live in an area zoned for single family. I have no account with Verizon but apparently I need three sets of phonebooks! Is this waste? incompetence or some combination of the two??? No wonder we need "Sir Charge". Someone has to pay for all this unnecessary overhead!

• Ga
    Ganesh Muruganantham Nov 20, 2008

I completely agree with the complaint. This is the worst every customer service experience I had with any company. Verizon/Idearc media partnership is formed just to mislead the customers. They dont have any straight forward pricing. Its always a catch somewhere, however careful you are. Their pay per click progam is a day robbery. They say it will be 20cents when you sign the contract, but fine prints have it that it can be upto I think about $2.00. What did I end up paying per click? $1.88, never it was 20 cents. But we dont have any other option other than to depend on these monopoly players, just like what happens with the Cable companies - Timewarner and Comcast.

• Cc
    c curran Feb 06, 2009

I completely agree with the sentiments posted before me on this page. The pay per click program in my view is an outright scam. When I first complained about the complete ineffectiveness of this program to my "Representative Randahl Lee", he assured me that I was just not giving the "program" enough time and that all of his other clients were "Very Happy" with the service. I received charges on my credit card for a combined total of about $600.00 for the first 2 months. After complaining that they had in fact put me in a search catagory that was getting hits for a completely different type of product, they supposedly agreed to credit my account which they did not.

• Sg
    SG Wilson Aug 22, 2009

I have a similar experience with this company and will never ever do any business with them. I want to warn everyone who is contemplating on burning their advertising dollars with these scam artist highway robbers to think twice before doing so. I provided my sales representative with a high resolution digital image of my ad designed by a professional graphic artist. They were supposed to provide me with a proof which they never did. What they printed was a smudgy, blurry and dark print. None of the key information for my business is readable on this ad. It just looks like the paper moved while copier was making copies. Upon notifying my sales rep of this problem, he disappeared on me, never returning my calls or emails. So I had to call their no-customer service line and launch a complaint. Weeks later someone emailed me saying that I have no rights at this time to a refund and best they can do is to give a discount towards future advertising. I emailed her back saying that I am not happy with this offer and it is unfair to pay in full for a poor quality product. She did not reply back to me.
    So, after waiting for a month and getting no response, I had to escalate my complaint to a regional manager. A month later another person from the regional no-customer service called me with a condescending tone and basically told me that this company has a no refund policy and this is my fault because the image I gave my sales rep was low quality. Upon informing her that she is basically lying to my face, she said goodbye and hung up on me! This is what a company who's tag line is "the Home of Super Guarantee" did to me. They basically robbed me of $9000 in advertising dollars (which I could have spent on a different venue to promote my business), gave me run around for 6 months and talked to me like a child on the phone. " You are Guaranteed to get Super Screwed.

• Li
    lisa2351 Oct 02, 2009

i agree with the complaints they promisses that they can't keep never saw the vedio crew they promiss you 25 account right off the bat you have to right a letter saying your out of business which never happen andrew D tore is a lier !

unfair settlement

when my mother passed away in 1999 I took over the house phone number I did not have at&t at that time and still don't to this day and when I would get my monthly statement it would have an at&t surcharge on it so I contactaed at&t and spoke with a supervisor there and it showed that I had no account with them and I told at&t I was being charged a surchage I was told to take it up with verizon so when I called verizon they said that at&t was charging them so verizon will charge me that is when I switched phone companies ad been harrassed ever since by collections and I have told verizon as well as the other collection companies when verizon will refund all at&t surcharges that has been charged to me then and only then will settle up any difference and this has been going on since 1999

Saundra Sloan Sep 12, 2008

This is the second time that AFNI, Inc. in the last year that I have been sent an collection notice.

This account (757)562-3214 was paid in the amount of $87.00 through Household Finance
    Check #5162013524 dated September 30, 2005.

They are stating that I owe them $86.85
    I have also forward them a copy of the cancel check last year stating that I don't owe the debt.

sold a package that does not exist... or does it?

I signed up for Verizon FIOS last April. I did so over the phone with an actual Verizon rep. Because I am already paying them for cell service I decided not to get a home phone and instead asked for just internet and cable tv. The rep said that he could bundle this for 69.99 plus the cost of cable boxes and taxes with a grand total of 80.08 a month with a one year contract. My first bill came 1.5 months later and was for around 180 dollars. Even with the prorated half month this still seemed high so I called the support line. After navigating the horribly designed automated phone service was put in touch with a billing rep who politely apologized and credited me with the package discount. The next month by bill was 105. I called again and after about a half hour was politely given the discount again. This time I had the rep confirm that the error was fixed in their billing system. Next month the bill was 105. Now I started getting upset. I was being charged the unbundled rate for cable and internet on my paper statement every month. This time I called in and demanded to speak with a supervisor. Whoever it was assured me that this time it was fixed and my next bill would be corrected...
Next month 105 again. This continued until September with no resolution until I finally got the truth... or so I thought. This time the billing rep told me that the problem was that I had been sold a package that they do not support. Apparently the double-play is supposed to be phone and either internet or cable. Because they had sold this they were going to honor this until the contract was done at the contracted price but they would have to set it up to automatically credit me after billing me each month. Finally this made sense and I fully anticipated the next bill. Guess what... 105. This time the rep told me that there was no way for them to credit me automatically every month and that I would have to call in to get my 25 dollar discount every month until the contract was over. (this is a fortune 500 company right?) Ok sure whatever, 1 phone call, 30 minutes of my time a month to save me 25 bucks. I can do that. No less than 3 hours later a co-worker of mine who also has FIOS TV and internet (no phone) was on the line with FIOS support on a billing issue. While on the phone a rep noticed that he was paying full price for cable and internet and that he was not taking advantage of the double-play package... What? I told him to ask the rep if she understood that he did not have the home phone service. She did and was willing to give him a 20 dollar discount on his normal monthly bill. I am now waiting for him to get his next paper statement to confirm that they did indeed give this to him and I will be calling back in to complain.

Don't get me wrong I love this service. The TV and internet are the best in the business. Ok the could roll out HD channels quicker, but otherwise I am happy. I am just really surprised that a company like this can be this disorganized on a product that everyone knows is costing them a fortune to roll out. If things don't change I will be looking elsewhere come next April.

Joe Mar 28, 2008

>>I am just really surprised that a company like this
    >>can be this disorganized on a product that everyone
    >>knows is costing them a fortune to roll out.

Boy, you said a mouthful!

I said virtually the same thing just an hour ago! How can a behemoth like Verizon be run like some newborn startup??

After fighting with them for 2-3 weeks over their deceptive advertising practices -- (I challenge you to find ONE ad for FiOS that mentions HDTV and does NOT fail to mention that it is not standard with their "premiere" package) -- I finally got an HD set-top box in the mail yesterday.

I set it up, as per the instructions, and then called in to activate it. Problems, though. Turns out the serial # wasn't coming up. There was just no record of the box I had in my hands. And when the number finally did come up, they told me I'd have to wait 24 hours because since I was supposed to have received the box on Apr. 3, and NOT Mar. 27, the computer wouldn't let them unlock it because the arrival was before the scheduled "install" date.

So they tell me there are no boxes available. Fine. But then they find one earlier than expected, ship it, and it arrives early (pleasant surprise). Okay. And even though an actual human begin HAD to have sent that box to me, because the computer says NO, their hands are tied, and I have to sit around and wait for them to untangle would should be a flip-of-the-switch task?

That's some pretty epic failure, Verizon.